Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

How Can I Develop An SMS Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Develop An SMS Site (6046 Views)

I Urgently Need a reliable company to develop an E-commerce Website for me / Anyone Knows How I Can Code An Sms Api/gateway Into A Web Application? / How Do I Develop A Forum Like Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Develop An SMS Site by Danyl(m): 5:34pm On Mar 23, 2012
Good day,gurus in the house, i need to know the processes and the modules i will need in order to develop a site for sending SMSs.the site will be able to accept registrations and accounts for users where they can see how much they have in their account based on the amount they have paid and the number of SMSs alloted to them, bulk SMSs allotting feature will also be there. thanks to all
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by DualCore1: 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2012
You need a good understanding of php and mysql for the back end, html and css for the frontend, understanding of the API for your SMS gateway.

You need all of that if you are to do it yourself from scratch.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by limitbreka: 5:49pm On Mar 23, 2012
I hv an sms component for joomla which can get ur professional sms site ready in less than 10mins. You will need a gateway or you can use my recommended gateway which u'l hv to pay 88k/sms unit even if u need 10units. To get this component contact ZenithClick Investment LTD. 1 Ekpenyong Bassey Lane, Calabar. Or send an email to icareexpress@yahoo.com The component is not free but we will give it 2 serious business minded people for free.
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by DualCore1: 6:00pm On Mar 23, 2012
I recently developed an sms powered web app for a client in greece anf he gave me api to his gateway in greeece and they support shortcodes. I am looking for a similar sms provider here in Nigeria who offers shortcode services that dont need to pass through any of the networks.
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by ogbongzky(m): 7:53am On Mar 24, 2012
You can use a Joomla component to set up your bulksms site but the easiest way is to use the platform I used in creating mine, www.ogbongesms.com

It saves you alot of stress and very cheap to set up. You can set it up with just N4,000 including your domain name as you will be hosted free by the sms provider. You set your price, bank account details on your site by just filling your site config form.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask me

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by Danyl(m): 11:30am On Mar 24, 2012
@dual core, thanks,actually there's one AMD telecoms that I once registered with and they offer to give me their api when am ready but the link to their api is like a url that connects me my sms interface with their gateway,how to make use of the link is bothering me,bt may be am looking deep into the stufe well, the url contains 'GET' method calls with ampersand characters somethn like dis http://amdtelecom.com/aaaa?user=danox&id=34254. For the url address to the server that host the api
@ogbongezky,how can get the joomla component u talkd abt,is it on the upgraded version of the joomla scripts on the softaculous or fantastico suites or its custom made?

@limitbreka i'll gv u a call but I'm serious abt the stuff.
@all, thanks
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by chrisvicch: 11:47am On Mar 24, 2012
A friend of mine recently purchased Afrisoft joomla component sms. I must say that it has all the features(and much more) you need. And you can simple integrate it within 15minutes in your joomla website. The price is almost affordable(5000naira). You can chat/call them so that they can help you get your own Gateway/API.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by DualCore1: 11:51am On Mar 24, 2012
Danyl: @dual core, thanks,actually there's one AMD telecoms that I once registered with and they offer to give me their api when am ready but the link to their api is like a url that connects me my sms interface with their gateway,how to make use of the link is bothering me,bt may be am looking deep into the stufe well, the url contains 'GET' method calls with ampersand characters somethn like dis http://amdtelecom.com/aaaa?user=danox&id=34254. For the url address to the server that host the api
@ogbongezky,how can get the joomla component u talkd abt,is it on the upgraded version of the joomla scripts on the softaculous or fantastico suites or its custom made?

@limitbreka i'll gv u a call but I'm serious abt the stuff.
@all, thanks

Most SMS gateways have same API implementation. It consists of a listener URL and a set of get variables passed to the URL through GET. You can pass the required get variables to the listner URL in PHP through cURL or fsock.
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by Danyl(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2012
@dual core,thanks alot I got it. I'll try n contact d amd telecoms again n c what obtains...
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by Danyl(m): 1:58pm On Mar 24, 2012
@chrisvic,thanks 4dt info. On the joomla thing,hw do i integrate the API into a joomla website if i install a joomla script on the softaculos.
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by chrisvicch: 2:50pm On Mar 24, 2012
Danyl: @chrisvic,thanks 4dt info. On the joomla thing,hw do i integrate the API into a joomla website if i install a joomla script on the softaculos.

As an admin, you will be provided an area where you will enter the Gateway/API you want to use.Right now I don't know how linkosms,acubedsms, nextlevelsms,etc, configure their Gateway/API with their sitename. If I get the information, I will inform you.
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by ojochidem(m): 4:51am On Mar 28, 2012
To integrate the API, you need to first install the Afirsoft SMS component on your Joomla site then ACTIVATE it. In ur Admin area under settings, you will see GATEWAY/API. This is where you integrate it. Pls visit www.afrisoft.org/support-forum and check under the SMS component Version2 thread for Sample API settings for diff Gateways. Do not hesitate to give me a call if you are stuck. 07039338949
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by Danyl(m): 6:33pm On Mar 31, 2012
@chrisvic,tnks 4dt I'll be waitn though am planning on buying d afrisoft joomla component...

@ojochidem,when I purchase d domain key 4d joomla component,I'll gv u a cal when am stuck. Thanks
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by Danyl(m): 6:37pm On Mar 31, 2012
@ogbongzky, as par the platform u talked abt,how do I go abt it,though i have a domain name registered n I just installed d joomla 1.6 script on it, so how do I continue frm here. Thanks.....
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by chrisvicch: 12:30am On Apr 01, 2012
Danyl: @ogbongzky, as par the platform u talked abt,how do I go abt it,though i have a domain name registered n I just installed d joomla 1.6 script on it, so how do I continue frm here. Thanks.....

Follow this instruction

1.) First you need to download the Afrisoft SMS REseller Component at (http://www.afrisoft.org/component/content/article/2-our-products/25-sms-reseller-component-for-joomla). The download file is located at the end of the page before the contact form.

2.)Install any of Joomla version (1.5,1.6,1.7, etc,). After the joomla installation, login to your joomla admin panel and install the Afrisoft Sms Component.

3.) After installing the Afrisoft Sms Component, you need to create SMS admin Menu. After creating the sms Admin menu(don't forget to give it "special" access), navigate to your front page and login with your joomla admin login. You will see the Sms Administrator menu, click on it. You will be requested to enter your domainKey. You need to purchase the domain key from Afrisoft at the price of 5000naira. Enter the domain key and click on install.

How to Integrate your GATEWAY/API. There are many different GATEWAY/API providers. You can also start yours if you want but it is a long process. So the best thing for you is to register with any of the already existing ones for example www.estoresms.com. Copy their GATEWAY/API and paste it in your GATEWAY/API.

You can read more information at
http://www.afrisoft.org/products/SMS_Reseller_V2b.pdf

For Gateway/API check
http://www.afrisoft.org/forum/sms-reseller-component-2/199-sample-api-settings-for-different-sms-providers
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by Danyl(m): 7:32am On Apr 01, 2012
@chrisvic,Thanks alot,I'll do just that, and can I use the joomla script as my front end instead of using the combinatn of statict pages in combination wit the dynamic pages being referenced frm the joomla components perphaps I may be able to link the forms on the website with the form processors on the joomla script... Though am new to joomla sort off,bt I'll get down wit dis tym around. I'll get bk 2u
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by Danyl(m): 7:00am On Apr 06, 2012
@ogbonzky,how did u set up ur platform, I undrstand dt d afrisoft sms reseller and the sms gateway API credits to b purchased is a quite handful
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by muyimagic(m): 7:55am On Apr 08, 2012
How can i get to know you more.
i need to create an sms website
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by Jerrywap(m): 5:43pm On Apr 10, 2012
It is a normal thing that while installing windows xp, you got to wait for more 39 minuites after formating and installing.(that is booring undecided but there is an easier way to do every thing in just ten minuites cheesy.... I thought it was a joke but i tried it today and it worked. it took me eight minuites grin to do it. i found it at......http://computerseed..com/2012/02/you-can-setup-windows-xp-in-ten-seconds.html
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by staggerman(m): 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2012
The Afrisoft component sure makes it all easy.
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by Danyl(m): 9:55am On Apr 12, 2012
@stagggerman, thanks, in regards to the sms thing, i think linkosms.com deals in gateway API selling and sms credits and its a bit cheaper from my outlook but what do you think abt their services if you have any idea abt them.?
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by princeelder: 2:23pm On Aug 07, 2012
[size=18pt]sms for 0.77kobo @ gbnsms.com [/size]
Get your own BulkSMS Website Within 24 Hours N20,000 only and buy sms @ 0.77kobo
With:
[size=15pt]Free User Guide, Free ebook on how to get over 2000bulksms
Free 3000 Units
Free GSM Number Database of your state
We will give you free coaching to make money from the sms industry[/size]
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by gboyetade: 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
I am interested please. Your email
ogbongzky: You can use a Joomla component to set up your bulksms site but the easiest way is to use the platform I used in creating mine, www.ogbongesms.com

It saves you alot of stress and very cheap to set up. You can set it up with just N4,000 including your domain name as you will be hosted free by the sms provider. You set your price, bank account details on your site by just filling your site config form.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask me
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by esmsafrica: 2:48pm On Apr 06, 2013
CHEAP & RELIABLE SMS

EsmsAfrica is a sub-subsidiary of APEXMAC TECHNOLOGIES. We are information technology integrated solutions company, providing user-friendly value added services.

Take advantage of our Bulk SMS offer @ EsmsAfrica.com
It's fast, Reliable with instant delivery

TRY US TODAY

Visit: www.esmsafrica.com
info@esmsafrica.com
08035334769, BB PIN: 2682FEF0
Facebook Fan Page: http://facebook.com/EsmsAfrica
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by antontech(m): 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
ojochidem: To integrate the API, you need to first install the Afirsoft SMS component on your Joomla site then ACTIVATE it. In ur Admin area under settings, you will see GATEWAY/API. This is where you integrate it. Pls visit www.afrisoft.org/support-forum and check under the SMS component Version2 thread for Sample API settings for diff Gateways. Do not hesitate to give me a call if you are stuck. 07039338949

its actually www.afrisoft.net
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by chinwe50: 8:21am On Jun 29, 2014
check this site ,i have being using them for over 3 years,they services is very cheap and ok,free bulksms component for ur reseller visit,SO U CAN EASILY SET 4 UR CUSTOMER ANY ONE THAT NEED BULKSMS COMPONENT www.vistasms247.com is ICT COMPANY IN LAGOS NIGERIAN, offers good API facility
-International coverage, particularly middle east
-Competitive and Pay-as-u-go *price plan, i.e, no monthly fee: buy credit and use

for added like
-Good message delivery speed and high level of reliability
-sms delivery reports
-Other cool features including those listed above, i will recommend www.vistasms247.com
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by Dionjerry(m): 1:22pm On Jun 29, 2014
Buy this component with unlimited licence SpC and jeema just for N5,000 nothing more email me dionjerry442@gmail.com
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
ojochidem:
To integrate the API, you need to first install the Afirsoft SMS component on your Joomla site then ACTIVATE it. In ur Admin area under settings, you will see GATEWAY/API. This is where you integrate it. Pls visit www.afrisoft.org/support-forum and check under the SMS component Version2 thread for Sample API settings for diff Gateways. Do not hesitate to give me a call if you are stuck. 07039338949
Hello i need and sms website as fast as possible, pls name your price and lest do business.
Re: How Can I Develop An SMS Site by ascend: 7:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
if you have an average knowledge of joomla, you can build the website yourself and then buy the bulksms component. if you rely totally on someone else to build it for youn you will be stuck with that person if a little problem arise. i built www.smsfield.com myself, designed the template with artisteer 4, and download modules/components from joomla directory, all for free.

there are many bulksms component you can use some are even free. i bought and used spc because i believe it features are done with the nigerian market i mind. though there are other free ones you can find

so u can buildyour website for a minimal cost so you can sve money for advertising and awareness. bulksms is not a high yield internet business and needs ernoumous advertising because the internet is saturated with the business. it needs awareness and sincerity from your end in orther to win customers. www.smsfield.com is barely a month old and its gradually growing

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Web Host Powers Your Blog And Are They Reliable? / Webhostilla.com: cheapest domain reg And Unlimited Hosting #2400/yr / How To Start An Educational Blog In Nigeria - Victorwinners.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.