Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying (6058 Views)

Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / Goosebumps When Praying - Definition Pls. / Why Do Christians Close Eyes While Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by AbuHanifa: 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2011
Is it because you don't want to witness the descension of angels that will take away your prayers or jesus did that when he was alive. Is it even written in the bible? or someone somewhere introduced it. Why do you see some christians leaning while praying while some arrongantly stand. Confusion in the christian mode of praying.

Waiting for abuses and bad replies
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2011
normally for concentration but this is not compulsory !!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by AbuHanifa: 12:06am On Aug 18, 2011
^^ what about those that bang the table? Did jesus pray in these manners?
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by LagosShia: 1:13am On Aug 18, 2011
and what about those ones that talk nonsense;what they do not understand and others too dont understand, lol
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by cofo: 4:13am On Aug 18, 2011
cheesy we close our eyes to concentrate on our prayers, theres a lot of distraction going around in church many fake people pretending to pray with their hands folded up, but actually they're just looking around to see who'se come in late, who'se praying for real or just pushing up a bet with their friends to see who'se the strongest prayerer in church or who is praying loudly.
So we just close our eyes to rid ourselves from idiotic distractions like that, and just consentrate on getting our prayers to God who really matters in this situation.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by AbuHanifa: 4:28am On Aug 18, 2011
^^ In addition ungodly dresses, pastors looking at choir girls, men-women sitting together, lol.

If it were to get rid of distractions, learn that from the muslims. Prophet Muhammad taught muslims how to do things with perfection. Closing eyes doesn't solve the distraction problems.

Pls I need the hidden reason why some close eyes and some arrogantly beat table as if the christian god is deaf.

Another question is why do christians shout that the whole church would turn to a national theater or a football stadium?
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 18, 2011
^^

How about Imams that marry 6 year oldsĀ 

How about Shias that practice temporary marriage aka Prostitution

How about marrying 4 wives to indulge the sexual perverted appetites of male chauvinistic old men

How about raping christian girls in Arab and Asiatic countries because their families refuse to convert to ISLAM

The list is endless

The list is endless
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by AbuHanifa: 8:47am On Aug 18, 2011
^^u can't create thread for that. Pls don't derail. It's either u have answer to the question @ hand or u keep shut
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by Image123(m): 12:05pm On Aug 18, 2011
^
And the answer would make you happier? Happiness is to KNOW Jesus, stop looking up and down for what's found.
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by AbuHanifa: 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2011
^^ if u like explain jesus from now till next year, u can't provide detailed and logical information about jesus better than Quranic presentation. The answer to the question will make me happier! Gotten?

Why doesn't christianity have a general way of worship. U guys accuse muslims that have conformity in where we face, how we worship and not minding the dirts in ur noses. It's either u provide answer to that question or believe that christianity does not ve a reasonable mode of worship
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by rezzy: 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2011
My muslim friend told me this.
Who mess? No be me, if na lie, smell my yansh.

DESCRIPTION
When a praying muslim is standing upright, head up, they shout 'WHO MESS?'
Another will reply 'NO BE ME'
Then when their hands are on their knees, they say 'IF NA LIE'
Then bending down and using their heads to touch the ground, they will say 'SMELL MY YANSH'
The process continues until they are tired of using their heads to hit the ground. Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by AbuHanifa: 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2011
Not funny dear. When u lie, u know that u lie, that shouldn't make u happy but make u sad. There is no gainsay in d fact that christians don't have a particular mode of worship which implies if a church stands up one day and worship nudity will be allowed.

No christian denomination can worship in another church. This is disgusting and appalling.

Which denomination will even enter d kingdom of God without unity. Pls get a mode of worship and leave muslims in their perfect, conformed and divinely acceptable mode of worship which jesus, moses, abraham etc did.

You have really derailed from d divine thread!
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by AbuHanifa: 2:30pm On Aug 18, 2011
I don't want to believe that no christian can tell me when they pray eyes closed. Sorry, it's not funny. I need answers now now. Does it mean they close eyes because their pastor does that. Even if pastor prays in nude they will pray in nude. I can't believe the answers am getting.

Where are u pastors!!!
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by rezzy: 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2011
Open your eyes wide, cofo and frosbel have given you the answer.
Im not telling you to laugh over my post. Just tell me why you say all dat when you're suppose to be praying.
Now, why do you count beads and talk to God knows who?
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by AbuHanifa: 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2011
Did jesus ask you to close your eyes or you all obey someone else discretion?

Are cofo and frosbel answers sufficient for those that nonsense while praying?

Does it answer d reason why some pray bare-footed while some with hilly shoes, mini skirts?
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by mabell: 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2011
@topic,
to shut out distractions
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by AbuHanifa: 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2011
^ordered by who? Is there any distraction banging tables, stamping d floor because of prayer? What about those that say rubbish unintelligible language, aren't they distractions?
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by rezzy: 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2011
AbuHanifa:

^ordered by who? Is there any distraction banging tables, stamping d floor because of prayer? What about those that say rubbish unintelligible language, aren't they distractions?
Why do muslims count beads and murmur like a drunk?
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by AbuHanifa: 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2011
^^You can't use question to ask question here. If you don't have answer, accept it and if you know that it is wrong then, move away and accept islam.

Answer the question straightforward or u take the back seat!
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by rezzy: 6:08pm On Aug 18, 2011
You've been given answers to your question and still you are not satisfied. Then answer the one posed to you.
AbuHanifa:

That is the gift of speech. It is a gift that edifice the person who is speaking it. it also edifice the church when there is an interpretation.
Speaking in tongues does not distract, You may see it as unintelligible language but its not. Its an utterance from the holyspirit.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by lepasharon(f): 6:35pm On Aug 18, 2011
why do muslims bow down to the kaaba? or is allah just in the east?dummy
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by manakeagie: 9:00am On Aug 19, 2011
Most times people close their eyes while praying because they want to concentrate but there is no problem with praying while your eyes are open, and some times its respect to the Most High God
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 19, 2011
@post, The God we serve is an unpredictable, mysterious God whose ways are unsearchable, so there is no doubt if his children who are conformed to his image are like him. And as for prayers, bear in mind that it is not only wen we close our eyes. We pray everywhere, everytime, anytime in our heart to our God who searches our heart. We close our to concentrate, our prayer is a 2 way thing, talking to our father and receiving from him, infact we communicate with our God. Needless to continue cause the God of this world has blindfolded the eyes and minds of people like you, that is why u cant recognize the truth wen u see it . Finally u can never predict the ways of a spirit filled child of God cause like the Bible rightly put it, he is like a wind that blows, you cant see it, u can only feel it. And its impossible to tell where it is coming 4rm and where it is going.
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by AbuHanifa: 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2011
manakeagie:

Most times people close their eyes while praying because they want to concentrate but there is no problem with praying while your eyes are open, and some times its respect to the Most High God

what about shouting and stampeding? is that scriptural or invented by some men? are they parts of the respect?

lepasharon:

why do muslims bow down to the kaaba? or is allah just in the east?dummy

tell ur pastor to give u details about Abraham mode of worship without telling u lies.

Strides:

@post, The God we serve is an unpredictable, mysterious God whose ways are unsearchable, so there is no doubt if his children who are conformed to his image are like him. And as for prayers, bear in mind that it is not only wen we close our eyes. We pray everywhere, everytime, anytime in our heart to our God who searches our heart. We close our to concentrate, our prayer is a 2 way thing, talking to our father and receiving from him, infact we communicate with our God. Needless to continue cause the God of this world has blindfolded the eyes and minds of people like you, that is why u cant recognize the truth wen u see it . Finally u can never predict the ways of a spirit filled child of God cause like the Bible rightly put it, he is like a wind that blows, you cant see it, u can only feel it. And its impossible to tell where it is coming 4rm and where it is going.

in conclusion?
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2011
^^ what i'm saying is that the ways of conduct, prayer, speaking in other tongues n general life style of christains will never cease to be a mystery to people like u. But my candid advice if u really and want to know why we behave the way we do, is that u confess that JESUS CHRIST IS YOUR LORD AND PERSONAL SAVIOUR. Only then will u know and understand bt until then, bear in mind that your eyes n mind can never comprehend the ways of christains.
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by AbuHanifa: 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2011
^^u can do better next time. I believe my questions are clear enough for a pry 1 pupil to understand.

Jesus is not my saviour, not my lord, even Jesus detested all these criminal utterances.
U can do better next time. Give me the answer: who gave u the idea to close ur eyes, to bang the wall, to stamp the floor to do all manners of silly things in the name of prayer?. Am sure u do it be
cause ur dad, mum, pastor etc do it. Have u ever questioned them y? Have u ever opened ur book and confirm where God said it is the way of worship?!
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by AbuHanifa: 3:56pm On Aug 19, 2011
This question is fundamental to christianity, yet, they are found on the island,
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by FOLLEY20(m): 1:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
AbuHanifa: Not funny dear. When u lie, u know that u lie, that shouldn't make u happy but make u sad. There is no gainsay in d fact that christians don't have a particular mode of worship which implies if a church stands up one day and worship nudity will be allowed.

No christian denomination can worship in another church. This is disgusting and appalling.

Which denomination will even enter d kingdom of God without unity. Pls get a mode of worship and leave muslims in their perfect, conformed and divinely acceptable mode of worship which jesus, moses, abraham etc did.

You have really derailed from d divine thread!
Abu, u saying all these because ur eyes had not be opened to the truth of the gospel of Christ Jesus (John 8:32; IICor.4:4). AbuHanifa, I prophetically declare to ur life that the Holy Spirit shall open ur eyes in Jesus' name.
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by FOLLEY20(m): 1:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
rezzy: You've been given answers to your question and still you are not satisfied. Then answer the one posed to you.

That is the gift of speech. It is a gift that edifice the person who is speaking it. it also edifice the church when there is an interpretation.
Speaking in tongues does not distract, You may see it as unintelligible language but its not. Its an utterance from the holyspirit.
rezzy, Abu cannot understand all the explanation u are giving to him. U just pray for him to be saved in Christ Jesus, then the holy spirit will teach him everything he needed to know.
Re: Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying by rhektor(m): 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
AbuHanifa:
^^ In addition ungodly dresses, pastors looking at choir girls, men-women sitting together, lol.

If it were to get rid of distractions, learn that from the muslims. Prophet Muhammad taught muslims how to do things with perfection. Closing eyes doesn't solve the distraction problems.

Pls I need the hidden reason why some close eyes and some arrogantly beat table as if the christian god is deaf.

Another question is why do christians shout that the whole church would turn to a national theater or a football stadium?

You seems to be bothered about other people's problems so much that you call what you do perfect, how perfect? What is your definition of perfection?

(1) (Reply)

The Recipe For Effective Prayer - Talk Less And Believe More! By Reno Omokri / There's No Denomination With God-An encounter with JehovahWitness-DemonWitnesses / The End Of The Year Blessings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.