Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,262 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! (4331 Views)

Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) / 10 Most Populated Countries In The World; See Where Nigeria Falls / NIGERIA, The Second Most Dangerous Country To Visit In The World. See List: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by WannaHowzit(m): 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2022
What are the best cities in the world?

These are the coolest cities to visit on the planet, as voted for by the readers of Condé Nast Traveller… and Cape Town in South Africa has found itself on the list once again.

The annual Readers’ Travel Awards celebrates the best of the best in travel, as voted for by people who love travel… the readers of Condé Nast Traveller.

Readers have to rate their favourite countries based on various criteria including food, accommodation, scenery, and value for money. A score is then given representing overall average levels of satisfaction.

And Cape Town scored 88.27 for 2022, putting the Mother City (SA's oldest city) at number 9!

This is what the publication had to say.

On pristine beaches, penguins waddle about their business while leaping dolphins frame spectacular sunsets – and thrill-seekers head out on boats to come face-to-face with fearsome sharks. Away from the ocean, guests check into world-renowned hotels such as The Silo, the recognisable property where rooms feature contemporary African art and 360-degree views of the city. Table Mountain views are enjoyed over supper, especially during trips to Delaire Graff Estate for wine-swirling and impeccable tasting menus.”

But this is not the first time that Cape Town has been voted as “one of the best cities” in the world. In 2019, the Telegraph voted Cape Town as THE BEST CITY in the world… a title that the city had held onto for seven years! I

Check out the full Condé Nast Traveller list below:

10. Mumbai, India. Score 88.27
9. Cape Town, South Africa. Score 88.27
8. Québec City, Canada. Score 88.29
7. Mérida, Mexico. Score 88.30
6. Tokyo, Japan. Score 88.32
5. San Sebastián, Spain. Score 89.15
4. Bangkok, Thailand. Score 89.36
3. Victoria, Canada. Score 89.46
2. Singapore. Score 89.49
1. San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Score 92.94

2 Likes

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by WannaHowzit(m): 1:37pm On Oct 15, 2022
More

1 Like

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by kenny714433(m): 7:39pm On Oct 15, 2022
Cape Town is beautiful. SA always representing this continent with foolish leaders.

Modified: I meant the continent got foolish leaders and not SA. I like SA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by cucumbar: 9:44pm On Oct 15, 2022
WannaHowzit:
What are the best cities in the world?

These are the coolest cities to visit on the planet, as voted for by the readers of Condé Nast Traveller… and Cape Town in South Africa has found itself on the list once again.

The annual Readers’ Travel Awards celebrates the best of the best in travel, as voted for by people who love travel… the readers of Condé Nast Traveller.

Readers have to rate their favourite countries based on various criteria including food, accommodation, scenery, and value for money. A score is then given representing overall average levels of satisfaction.

And Cape Town scored 88.27 for 2022, putting the Mother City (SA's oldest city) at number 9!

This is what the publication had to say.

On pristine beaches, penguins waddle about their business while leaping dolphins frame spectacular sunsets – and thrill-seekers head out on boats to come face-to-face with fearsome sharks. Away from the ocean, guests check into world-renowned hotels such as The Silo, the recognisable property where rooms feature contemporary African art and 360-degree views of the city. Table Mountain views are enjoyed over supper, especially during trips to Delaire Graff Estate for wine-swirling and impeccable tasting menus.”

But this is not the first time that Cape Town has been voted as “one of the best cities” in the world. In 2019, the Telegraph voted Cape Town as THE BEST CITY in the world… a title that the city had held onto for seven years! I

Check out the full Condé Nast Traveller list below:

10. Mumbai, India. Score 88.27
9. Cape Town, South Africa. Score 88.27
8. Québec City, Canada. Score 88.29
7. Mérida, Mexico. Score 88.30
6. Tokyo, Japan. Score 88.32
5. San Sebastián, Spain. Score 89.15
4. Bangkok, Thailand. Score 89.36
3. Victoria, Canada. Score 89.46
2. Singapore. Score 89.49
1. San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Score 92.94

Not surprised! Cape Town is more beautiful than some European cities. You will think you are in Europe.

2 Likes

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by Evidenx(m): 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2022
Thank God I have one southee babe in Capetown, lovely soul.
With her ,am sure of starting my family in Capetown wink
Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by JaceBlaze: 9:26pm On Oct 16, 2022
CPT is truly one of a kind.I wish we had a Cape Town in all South African provinces.

2 Likes

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by Goodman247: 3:39am On Oct 17, 2022
kenny714433:
Cape Town is beautiful. SA always representing this continent with foolish leaders.
what of Nigeria, thier leaders can't provide the most basic things to thier citizens

2 Likes

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by WannaHowzit(m): 7:07pm On Oct 17, 2022
kenny714433:

Modified: I meant the continent got foolish leaders and not SA. I like SA

Lol grin
Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by WannaHowzit(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2022
JaceBlaze:
CPT is truly one of a kind.I wish we had a Cape Town in all South African provinces.

Gauteng and KZN aren't bad either.

North West should expand Sun City into a real metro. It's got all the elements to rival Cape Town in terms of tourist numbers.

4 Likes

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by JaceBlaze: 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2022
WannaHowzit:

Gauteng and KZN aren't bad either.

North West should expand Sun City into a real metro. It's got all the elements to rival Cape Town in terms of tourist numbers.

I personally think Sun City is perfect as an out-of-the-vicinity tourist resort.The less accessable to groovists who turn all nice places into ghettos the better.

1 Like

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by WannaHowzit(m): 8:21pm On Oct 17, 2022
JaceBlaze:

I personally think Sun City is perfect as an out-of-the-vicinity tourist resort.The less accessable to groovists who turn all nice places into ghettos the better.

LMAO! ; D
Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by morpheus101: 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2022
JaceBlaze:

How can you have a Cape town in all provinces. This one is the oldest city designed, built and continually resided by Whites. They own it and have been thinking about seceding from the Union.

1 Like

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by WannaHowzit(m): 9:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
morpheus101:

How can you have a Cape town in all provinces. This one is the oldest city designed, built and continually resided by Whites. They own it and have been thinking about seceding from the Union.

Dom-pheus(100%dom), you so lame - still, after 1 million years.
Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by morpheus101: 9:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
WannaHowzit:

Dom-pheus(100%dom), you so lame - still, after 1 million years.

You can ad hominem me all you want, fact still remains, its called the mother city for a reason and the colloquial title capetonion's give the western cape is the "republic" if you don't know.

Don't kill the messenger neh!

1 Like

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by morpheus101: 9:56pm On Oct 17, 2022
JaceBlaze:

I am with you on that one, have you seen long street, its becoming a den of local colored prostitutes.

1 Like

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by WannaHowzit(m): 1:17am On Oct 18, 2022
morpheus101:

You can ad hominem me all you want, fact still remains, its called the mother city for a reason and the colloquial title capetonion's give the western cape is the "republic" if you don't know.

Don't kill the messenger neh!

@bolded LOL, ever heard of 'Joburbers'. Are Johannesburg residents a republic?

1 Like

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by WannaHowzit(m): 1:24am On Oct 18, 2022
morpheus101:

@bolded

LMAO! grin

Check the stats. Thank God South Africa's BLACK government is good at stats.

I hope you can dissect I mean DOMpheus. Ask your white master what D0M is, coz that's what u are - I see it slipped past your flat empty head first time around.

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by morpheus101: 1:36am On Oct 18, 2022
WannaHowzit:

@bolded

LMAO! grin

Check the stats. Thank God South Africa's BLACK government is good at stats.

I hope you can dissect I mean DOMpheus. Ask your white master what D0M is, coz that's what u are - I see it slipped past your flat empty head first time around.

You know you are an idiot right. Go back, read what I wrote and then reread your response. You will see how s.tupid that response is because of the following:

Point 1-It would be mathematically impossible for Whites to reside anywhere in South Africa and not be the minority population in that area seeing that they constitute a meega 5 to 6 million of the entire population size

Point 2- Cape town as a "city "has the largest concentration of Whites and is the largest area with a white population second to the total combinations of all the cities in the Guateng province inclusive of Pretoria, Johannesburg, Centurion, Sandton e.t.c

Point 3. It is the only province in SA that is run by a White led party and premier.

3 Likes

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by morpheus101: 1:44am On Oct 18, 2022
WannaHowzit:

@bolded LOL, ever heard of 'Joburbers'. Are Johannesburg residents a republic?

You are conflating two different references.
Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by WannaHowzit(m): 1:46am On Oct 18, 2022
morpheus101:

Point 2- Cape town as a "city "has the largest concentration of Whites and is the largest area with a white population second to the total combinations of all the cities in the Guateng province inclusive of Pretoria, Johannesburg, Centurion, Sandton e.t.c

I can quickly Google this and counter u as I have already above but please give stats to support this argument.

I've already supplied stats that whites make up 11% of the population of Cape town.

Now it's up to you to support your assertions why Joburg, Pretoria and Durban are not white cities as you claim Cape town is.

Coz the racial stats are similar.

Also explain why Joburg is far richer but it's a "black city" according to your logic. cool

1 Like

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by WannaHowzit(m): 1:52am On Oct 18, 2022
morpheus101:

You are conflating two different references.

You said "western cape" people are called "capetonians" because they are a "republic".

Your own words drunkard. Or u smoking your own supply of drugs meant for innocent South African kids?
Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by morpheus101: 2:07am On Oct 18, 2022
WannaHowzit:

I can quickly Google this and counter u as I have already above but please give stats to support this argument.

I've already supplied stats that whites make up 11% of the population of Cape town.

Now it's up to you to support your assertions why Joburg, Pretoria and Durban are not white cities as you claim Cape town is.

Coz the racial stats are similar.
You want me to do your work for you so you look smart neh.

Point- We are not talking about "absolute" numbers of Whites in comparison to other population groups in SA, we are talking about number of Whites in the "city of cape-town" relative to their populations in other cities.

Please google that stat and see what you come up with, juxtapose that again to the statement I made and your own statement and see who comes out Stu.pid

S.Tupid!

1 Like

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by morpheus101: 2:09am On Oct 18, 2022
WannaHowzit:

You said "western cape" people are called "capetonians" because they are a "republic".

Your own words drunkard. Or u smoking your own supply of drugs meant for innocent South African kids?

You smoking that dagga again Mfethu or are you dsylexic. Point me to where I made the above statement "verbatim."

1 Like

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by WannaHowzit(m): 2:22am On Oct 18, 2022
morpheus101:

You smoking that dagga again Mfethu or are you dsylexic. Point me to where I made the above statement "verbatim."

Proof has been attached bow. Hunger is killing you my brother and making you hallucinate.

I hear you're now the 500th hungriest country in the world out of 501 countries. (Check frontpage NOW)

I actually wept for a while.

Here's your attachment - i've recovered now.

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by WannaHowzit(m): 2:26am On Oct 18, 2022
morpheus101:

You want me to do your work for you so you look smart neh.

Point- We are not talking about "absolute" numbers of Whites in comparison to other population groups in SA, we are talking about number of Whites in the "city of cape-town" relative to their populations in other cities.

Please google that stat and see what you come up with, juxtapose that again to the statement I made and your own statement and see who comes out Stu.pid

S.Tupid!

Again, I'm a stats and facts guy, as most South Africans are. Not liars like you Nigerians.

Here's stats attached below. Now disprove that the situation is not similar across SA cities with relation to whites.

Or they don't teach you that sort of critical analysis in your farm-like so-called universities?

1 Like

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by morpheus101: 2:32am On Oct 18, 2022
WannaHowzit:

Proof has been attached bow. Hunger is killing you my brother and making you hallucinate.

I hear you're now the 500th hungriest country in the world out of 501 countries. (Check frontpage NOW)

I actually wept for a while.

Here's your attachment - i've recovered now.

You really are dyslexic.

Morpheus said "the colloquial title capetonion's give the western cape is the "republic"

Wannhowzit states that from the above we can intepret that Morpheus said this ""western cape people are called "capetonians" because they are a "republic"

You know I do sympatize with people with disablities so I will not use the Dyslexic term again but get help man!
Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by morpheus101: 2:35am On Oct 18, 2022
WannaHowzit:

Again, I'm a stats and facts guy, as most South Africans are. Not liars like you Nigerians.

Here's stats attached below. Now disprove that the situation is not similar across SA cities with relation to whites.

Or they don't teach you that sort of critical analysis in your farm-like so-called universities?

I cannot disprove that which I did not state you numskull. YOu really think by reposting that stat you have gained any ground. I am waiting for this to continue to put the slam dunk on your azz.

keep writing.

1 Like

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by WannaHowzit(m): 2:37am On Oct 18, 2022
morpheus101:

You really are dyslexic.

Morpheus said "the colloquial title capetonion's give the western cape is the "republic"

Wannhowzit states that from the above we can intepret that Morpheus said this ""western cape people are called "capetonians" because they are a "republic"

You know I do sympatize with people with disablities so I will not use the Dyslexic term again but get help man!

I'll assume alpha male is too hungry to comprehend anything a full SA stomach has to say right now.

Shame askies, I see on the frontpage so-called alpha males remain the hungriest lot on planet earth.

Makes me wonder what your business is with who owns Cape Town and who doesn't, when you can't even afford a plate of rat skin ponmo.

It really is very sad indeed.
Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by WannaHowzit(m): 2:41am On Oct 18, 2022
morpheus101:

I cannot disprove that which I did not state you numskull. YOu really think by reposting that stat you have gained any ground. I am waiting for this to continue to put the slam dunk on your azz.

keep writing.

How much is rat skin ponmo? I can buy one for you.
Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by morpheus101: 2:42am On Oct 18, 2022
WannaHowzit:

I'll assume alpha male is too hungry to comprehend anything a full SA stomach has to say right now.

Shame askies, I see on the frontpage so-called alpha males remain the hungriest lot on planet earth.

Makes me wonder what your business is with who owns Cape Town and who doesn't, when you can't even afford a plate of rat skin ponmo.

It really is very sad indeed.

Yes diversions but the fact still remains that

Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by WannaHowzit(m): 2:47am On Oct 18, 2022
morpheus101:

Yes diversions but the fact still remains that

Must be really taxing trying to prove Cape Town is a white city and that black South Africans are slaves, on an empty Nigerian stomach.

When are you japaring to South Sudan, the poorest country on planet earth for a better living? undecided
Re: SA City Voted 9th Best In The World - See Top 10! by morpheus101: 2:47am On Oct 18, 2022
WannaHowzit:

How much is rat skin ponmo? I can buy one for you.

Yes the fact still remains that:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abuja To Have The Tallest Building In Africa / Photos: Top 10 Best Countries To Live In The World 2013 / Any Nairalander In Rome,italy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.