Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians (24854 Views)

FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall / Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe / Canada Releases Damning Report On Nigeria, Issues Travel Advisory To Citizens (2) (3) (4)

Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by emanobis(m): 9:05pm On Oct 17, 2022
With all these bad happenings in this country, northern Cyprus nah cruise nah
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by pansophist(m): 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2022
Dikegodspower:
No matter how you look at it. Northern Cyprus won't be a hell compare to what we are going thru in this contraption

You don't know what it hell. I'll give you a description of hell, so you can compare if Nigeria is better than NC((Northern cyprus) or not.

So firstly, no country recognise NC except Turkey, so as a citizen of Northern cyprus, you can't apply for a visa to visit any country on earth. So you're "diplomatically landlocked", which is suicidal than being a landlocked country.

Your currency, degree, work experience etc are al worthless outside NC, unless maybe you're among the lucky one that have Turkish passport, which may be your only window to the outside world.

I know someone from Kosovo that can't transit Spanish airport because Spain doesn't recognise Kosovo as a country. Imagine traveling to Ghana, but you can't pass through Benin or Togo because Nigeria is not a recognise country.

This is just a glimpse of the agony that citizens of unrecognised state suffers. Its like putting all your life savings on Biafran pounds, only to realize that it's not worth one kobo. This is the fate of breakaway countries.

It's pure ghosting. You exist but you don't exist. So be careful when you compare Nigeria to these places, home may be uncomfortable, but it's not hell.

Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by Plm11: 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2022
Oh
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by planetx: 9:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
The problem with a lot of Nigerians is that they have been brainwashed to think any European country is a paradise. This white people have seriously damaged you lot psychologically and mentally.
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by Bazellc: 9:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
Kahiya:
Paxful is celebrating it's 7th year by giving you the chance to win exclusive Paxful goodies!

Paxful Giveaway
Prize: $15,000
Winners: All Valid Paxful Users Accounts

Visit https://paxful.com to get started

sca*m
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by viqSmallz(m): 10:05pm On Oct 17, 2022
whytediamond:

Well said bro.

Tell Mama Nkechi give you your favourite drink. I dey come pay.

Lol. grin
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by viqSmallz(m): 10:07pm On Oct 17, 2022
Cromagnon:
is Nigeria treating ppl like jewels?

Like Tinubu said something about moving from rotten to bad. In this situation bad is better.
You wouldnt want to experience harsh circumstances in a strangeland. You wouldnt
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by being(m): 3:15am On Oct 18, 2022
People should know that If they are in a bad situation here in Nigeria, they can be in a worse one in the abroad. So , they need to be cautious and find out well about where they are going to.

Dikegodspower:
No matter how you look at it. Northern Cyprus won't be a hell compare to what we are going thru in this contraption
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by Bonaventura(m): 8:23am On Oct 18, 2022
BreconHills:

Every place in the world has a North. There is northern Anambra and northern Port Harcourt. Does this reference you have quoted imply that any northernmost part of a country or region is a problem? Is the northern part of the US or the northern part of Canada a problem? Or are you implying that this scripture written over 3000 years ago is specifically aimed at a country called Nigeria which was unknown to the prophet?

That's the problem with misquoting scripture for political ends - you end up with a nonsense.

It was a joke. You're too serious with life
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by cosade(m): 8:47am On Oct 18, 2022
Dikegodspower:

Northern Cyprus is not a recognised country, so you if run into any problem in that country it’s almost impossible for your home government render any help.

If you must travel out of Nigeria for greener pastures, do not venture moving to failed or unrecognised countries.

Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by cosade(m): 8:51am On Oct 18, 2022
ExtremeDot:
What about Southern Cyprus?

Is it a good destination?
Please quote me if you know much about S. Cyprus.

Not Southern Cyprus but Cyprus. Yes, it’s much safer but ideal for hustling.
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by cosade(m): 8:54am On Oct 18, 2022
pansophist:
It's not a recognised state. No country other than Turkey recognised Northern Cyprus as a country. So if you encounter any problems there, diplomatic support will be hard to come by. Also, your education there is worthless everywhere else except Turkey

I agree with all you said except on their education. It’s not worthless but I won’t send my children there for the other reasons you stated.
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by cosade(m): 8:55am On Oct 18, 2022
Badguy77:
If they don't want Nigerians to go there again, they should fukking fix this country besides that, their flimsy advises will fall on deaf ears... Unscrupulous elements angry

If you must travel then don’t go to failed or unrecognised countries.
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by cosade(m): 8:57am On Oct 18, 2022
Jaysane:

At least its a schengen country

Cyprus is not a country member of the Schengen Area.
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by Badguy77(m): 9:35am On Oct 18, 2022
cosade:

If you must travel then don’t go to failed or unrecognised countries.
Every failed or unrecognized country is better than is better than Nigerian... Thank you
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by LydayBobo(m): 9:56am On Oct 18, 2022
Dikegodspower:
Go na abi
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by Truthshscrazy: 10:52am On Oct 18, 2022
Topmaike007:
it is like getting to choose between southern Nigeria and Northern Nigeria
Naija Buhari is another story from South to North.
From ipob/ESN/UGM burning police stations & targeting policemen, Soldiers, National security personnels in South East, militants in South South, Fulani herdsmen everywhere to Bokoharam. The whole nation is just a sham. But South still relatively safer compared to North.

Even government of USA issuing travel advisory to USA citizens on its website, advises USA citizens visiting Nigeria to especially avoid Borno & other Northern Nigeria hot zones . Bokoharam is just something else these days, Last time, they attacked a whole airport, the other time, they attacked a public train.
Now, they have started attacking Hospitals shocked.

https://www.nairaland.com/7388874/bandits-attack-hospital-kill-two

https://www.nairaland.com/7391048/bandits-kidnap-20-hospital-workers

https://www.nairaland.com/7387138/experience-east

Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by BreconHills(m): 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
Bonaventura:

It was a joke. You're too serious with life

Happy you see it that way. Others reading you may not. These are tense time.

Add an emoji next time. �
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by cosade(m): 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2022
Badguy77:

Every failed or unrecognized country is better than is better than Nigerian... Thank you

You have absolute right to your choice(s). ��
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by Cromagnon: 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2022
viqSmallz:

Like Tinubu said something about moving from rotten to bad. In this situation bad is better.
You wouldnt want to experience harsh circumstances in a strangeland. You wouldnt
Nice recovery. But second class is still second class. Forget infrastructure for now in this convo
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by Graceudogwu(f): 10:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
perfecta1:

Southern Cyprus is a heaven compared to north
Nothern Cyprus can’t even easily enter the south due to restrictions �

I school in south Cyprus.
You can check my youtube channel to get my personal experience of the island

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC9dcHrCVOQ
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by Graceudogwu(f): 10:46pm On Oct 20, 2022
perfecta1:

Southern Cyprus is a heaven compared to north
Nothern Cyprus can’t even easily enter the south due to restrictions �

cosade:

I agree with all you said except on their education. It’s not worthless but I won’t send my children there for the other reasons you stated.

Always do your research before going anywhere.
If you want to learn about South Cyprus, I have a full playlist about the study and general life there.

Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by cosade(m): 5:50am On Oct 21, 2022
Graceudogwu:

Always do your research before going anywhere.
If you want to learn about South Cyprus, I have a full playlist about the study and general life there.

I have been to Cyprus (it’s not South Cyprus) before, over thirty (30) countries as a matter of fact. I disagree on your point that educational certificates acquired from universities in Northern Cyprus are worthless, they aren’t. All universities in Northern Cyprus are accredited by the Ministry of Education of Turkey and recognized worldwide.

However, as earlier stated I can’t send my children there because it’s not a recognised country and thus no diplomatic channels available to seek redress.
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by Graceudogwu(f): 12:33pm On Oct 23, 2022
cosade:

I have been to Cyprus (it’s not South Cyprus) before, over thirty (30) countries as a matter of fact. I disagree on your point that educational certificates acquired from universities in Northern Cyprus are worthless, they aren’t. All universities in Northern Cyprus are accredited by the Ministry of Education of Turkey and recognized worldwide.

However, as earlier stated I can’t send my children there because it’s not a recognised country and thus no diplomatic channels available to seek redress.

Not all courses there are accredited. You can do your research to verify.
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by Graceudogwu(f): 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2022
Graceudogwu:

Although i didn't use the worthless. The degrees are not recognised outside of the Turkish republic of North Cyprus. What's the point of getting a degree that's not internationally recognised?
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by cosade(m): 6:58am On Oct 24, 2022
Graceudogwu:

That does not make all educational certificates worthless as asserted by the poster I responded to.

If true, unaccredited courses is not limited to that country it happens in Nigeria too. It’s incumbent on applicants to do due diligence on courses they are applying for.

Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by Sweetvie: 10:35am On Oct 24, 2022
pansophist:
It's not a recognised state. No country other than Turkey recognised Northern Cyprus as a country. So if you encounter any problems there, diplomatic support will be hard to come by. Also, your education there is worthless everywhere else except Turkey
I disagree with you on the education part, North cyprus education is recognize and it not worthless. Yeah, quote me" it's recognized worldwide" and they have a very good standard education
Re: Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians by Cromagnon: 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2022
viqSmallz:

Is that not what we are saying
but you're talking as if Nigeria is not even worse than worse

Harsh is harsh
And clearly the ppl believe abroad harsh is better than local harsh

Different strokes for different folks

You can't decide for them
Let them choose their leveL of harsh

Let them experience it and decide

Plane Crashes Into House In Philippine (Photos) / Nigerian Man "Chills" With A Python In Benin Republic. Photos / Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators