Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos (5312 Views)

10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know / Nigerians Overseas Please Sign Here / Nigerians Overseas: Second-class Citizens? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by Orikinla(m): 11:44am On Aug 18, 2011
Do you know that 70 percent of 12 million Nigerians overseas are Igbos? And 30 percent of them are from Abia State. Moreover, these Nigerians abroad remit over N23 billion every year according to Dr. kalu Kalu Diogu, leader of the Abia State Indigenes in Diaspora and a past Chairman of World Igbo Congress (WIC).

Source: Nigerians Report
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 18, 2011
Good for us.

We don't sit down waiting for handouts from the govt when there is a whole wide world waiting for us out there.

[B]Carpe Diem[/b]- Seize the day: This is the Igbo man's watchword.
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by philip0906(m): 12:10pm On Aug 18, 2011
^^
Gbam. . . wink
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by hercules07: 12:54pm On Aug 18, 2011
What census was taken in order to arrive at this conclusion? Our brothers from the east should take it easy with all these claims ooooooo.

1 Like

Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2011
i like this my tribe!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by chino11(m): 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2011
Its not true about Abia state. Anambra state has the highest number of people in diaspora, from US to UK to Canada to China to Japan and over Europe
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by velo10: 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2011
@hercules.you're right. no census was taken to this effect. it is nothing but a dumb assumption to hype one's state.
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2011
velo10:

@hercules.you're right. no census was taken to this effect. it is nothing but a dumb assumption to hype one's state.

I'm going to rightly assume that you're Yoruba.

A few Igbos gathered on this thread to hype themselves and blow their own trumpets(because no one else would) but you brought your smelly mouth here to trash-talk abi? Good!

Na Yoruba pple full London and majority of the scum of African heritage that were found looting just happened to be Yoruba. Yes, London is bursting with you shameful lot and there is a continuous deportation of them on a weekly basis.

Thieves and looters. It runs in your blood. Just as Dimeji BankOLE and Bode George. Scum of the earth.
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by alex14(m): 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2011
This is a foolish thread by a foolish Yoruba poster angry. This maggot is just starting a thread that will attract the usual Igbo haters and its expectant Igbo bashing.
Op, What about the stats on your dum.b tribe,,,,are the yorobos not 80% of nigerians abroad? If you're not a dimwit, you will realise that nigerians abroad are not even up to 5M. I believe you're one of those brain-dead nigerian clowns who believe that nigeria's population is 160M, when infact, it's not up to 120M.

Any Igbo that believe this 70% crap really need his/head examined angry.
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by apoti(m): 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2011
alex_101:

This is a foolish thread by a foolish Yoruba poster angry. This maggot is just starting a thread that will attract the usual Igbo haters and its expectant Igbo bashing.
Op, What about the stats on your dum.b tribe,,,,are the yorobos not 80% of nigerians abroad? If you're not a dimwit, you will realise that nigerians abroad are not even up to 5M. I believe you're one of those brain-dead nigerian clowns who believe that nigeria's population is 160M, when infact, it's not up to 120M.

Gbam! According to you pDude, chino11, Johnpaul2k2 and philip0906 all need to get their heads examined cheesy

I couldn't have agreed more wink
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2011
apoti:

Gbam! According to you pDude, chino11, Johnpaul2k2 and philip0906 all need to get their heads examined cheesy

I couldn't have agreed more wink

@apoti or is it potty- you have sneaked out of the Awolowo thread and with your coconut head squared on your drooping shoulder, you have come here to claim your pound of dead flesh.
Like the coward that your ilk breeds, you seem to have mouth here no be so? Well, a coward always runs away from a fight. Seems your Awo thread is too hot for you.

Please why did Awo commit suicide? Post your answer here if you don't mind cheesy
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by apoti(m): 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2011
^^^
I already told you on the thread to quote a more dignified source then we can start  tongue

But don't forget like someone already advised you really need to get your head examined, the earlier the better, cos your reasoning is deteriorating so fast  cheesy
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 18, 2011
apoti:

^^^
I already told you on the thread to quote a more dignified source then we can start  tongue

But don't forget like someone already advised you really need to get your head examined, the earlier the better, cos your reasoning is deteriorating so fast  cheesy

In your mind you just made a witty statement abi?
I pity you.
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by lagcity(m): 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2011
embarassed embarassed
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by lagcity(m): 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2011
embarassed
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by Orikinla(m): 10:56am On Aug 19, 2011
alex_101:

ORIKINLA IS 100% IGBO FROM UMUAHIA NORTH OF ABIA STATE.
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by velo10: 11:19am On Aug 19, 2011
pDude:

I'm going to rightly assume that you're Yoruba.

A few Igbos gathered on this thread to hype themselves and blow their own trumpets(because no one else would) but you brought your smelly mouth here to trash-talk abi? Good!

Na Yoruba pple full London and majority of the scum of African heritage that were found looting just happened to be Yoruba. Yes, London is bursting with you shameful lot and there is a continuous deportation of them on a weekly basis.

Thieves and looters. It runs in your blood. Just as Dimeji BankOLE and Bode George. Scum of the earth.

Just another igbo guy who blames his woes socially and politically on Yorubas and still yearns for Biafra. That's your psychological profile
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by Orikinla(m): 7:42pm On Aug 20, 2011
This thread has nothing to do with tribalism if those misreading it can address the facts and ask what have been done with the billions of naira remitted by the Nigerians overseas.

The billions must have been spent on the importations of consumables and proliferation of foreign goods will never develop Nigeria.
Spending billions of naira on the importation of "Tokunbo" vehicles, electronics, furniture, etc, is bad investment.

The billions would have been better spent on the development of MADE IN NIGERIA industries.
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 20, 2011
Orikinla:

Do you know that 70 percent of 12 million Nigerians overseas are Igbos? And 30 percent of them are from Abia State. Moreover, these Nigerians abroad remit over N23 billion every year according to Dr. kalu Kalu Diogu, leader of the Abia State Indigenes in Diaspora and a past Chairman of World Igbo Congress (WIC).

The Igbos according Charles Soludo are "Economic Refugees", they look for where is wet and poo everywhere. Your 70% data must be very accurate otherwise, why would the we have so many bastard Nigerians in diaspora painting Nigeria black?
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by blackspade(m): 3:54am On Aug 21, 2011
Troll thread, no census info backs this up. /end of
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by tpia5: 4:00am On Aug 21, 2011
alex_101:

This is a foolish thread by a foolish Yoruba poster angry.

the poster is igbo like yourself.
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by imperiouxx(m): 4:34pm On Aug 21, 2011
tpia@:

the poster is igbo like yourself.

lol. . . . .maybe he reads from the back or upside down ??
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by IykeD(m): 4:42pm On Aug 21, 2011
naijamark:

The Igbos according Charles Soludo are "Economic Refugees", they look for where is wet and poo everywhere. Your 70% data must be very accurate otherwise, why would the we have so many bastard Nigerians in diaspora painting Nigeria black?

You must be a nuisance for typing this thrash. Go check the tribe of those painting Nigeria dark in the UK and then come back and type, that is if you do regain consciousness!
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by kennybuda: 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2011
iyke bro no mind them na igbo haters, ask him what is kwelebe buisness in england
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by Vicjustice: 6:52pm On Aug 21, 2011
Orikinla:

The Igbos are remarkably more in numbers in places like China, Greece, Spain, Portugal, (and arguably) Italy and Turkey, and as well in other countries where professional jobs are hardly utilised, but talking about countries that are known for education, countries where professional occupations count; there is no ethnic group in Nigeria that can compete with the Yorubas. So, whoever made that claim, let him come out and beat me to this challenge, and i'll prove him wrong.
   Note: I'm neither Igbo nor Yoruba, so, i'm not being partial in my claims. Peace
cool

1 Like

Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by kennybuda: 7:14am On Aug 22, 2011
@vicjustice yerubas ocupies uk, igbos ocupies usa, so what are we talking about education countrys or not education countrys igbos are hard working people, i dont understand why people just keep on talking against igbos as if they are the coures of nigeria problems, when its comes to life abroad every tribe has its way hosiling the tribe that are best know of credit card fraud and how to arange fake document that is the yerubas, igbos trafick drugs,dont forget the prostitution state in nigeria. therefore people should stop hatred against igbos as if the igbos are the coures of nigeria problem home and abroad. call the police to arrest me period i don talk
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by Vicjustice: 11:19am On Aug 22, 2011
kennybuda:

. . . so what are we talking about education countrys or not education countrys igbos are hard working people, i dont understand why people just keep on talking against igbos as if they are the coures of nigeria problems, when its comes to life abroad every tribe has its way hosiling the tribe that are best know of credit card fraud and how to arange fake document that is the yerubas, igbos trafick drugs,dont forget the prostitution state in nigeria. therefore people should stop hatred against igbos as if the igbos are the coures of nigeria problem home and abroad. call the police to arrest me period i don talk
   [b]Here you're ranting about people hating and having prejudice against the Igbos where as the majority of the racist or trabilistic comments are apparently from the Igbos themselves:
   But why are the Igbos often seeking recognition as if they're a forgotten race, and yet so quick in claiming victims of discrimination?
   This thread creator and whoever s/he is that was quoted in the original post obviously had ethnicism intentions to favour the Igbos and yet the same people are the ones making thenselves look victims of discrimination.
   I wonder why the Igbos often like to put on a show as if they're in a competition with the Yorubas: there are obviously differences in the essential spirits of these two Nigerian ethnic heavyweights: while the Igbos would complain of racism or tribalism at every little provocation by any of Nigerian ethnic groups, you'd hardly hear a Yoruba person conceding to being a victim of discrimination by other Nigerians. Also, the Igbos would brag and boast of self achievement even if that means exaggeration, but you hardly hear that from the Yorubas.
   Honestly, with neither bias nor fear or favour, i think the Igbos should fully realise that they are a heavyweight like the Hausas and the Yorubas and stop crying like a subdued ethnic minority.
   Note: Like i said earlier, i'm neither Yoruba nor Igbo
[/b]
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 22, 2011
Orikinla:

ORIKINLA IS 100% IGBO FROM UMUAHIA NORTH OF ABIA STATE.

Eziokwu? shocked shocked shocked shocked .

Vicjustice:

but you hardly hear that from the Yorubas.
Not true. Speak from your own experience. In this part of the world where I live in, you see and hear a lot of Yoruba's bragging about their achievements. They are well known for it here.
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by kennybuda: 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
bro same issue for my side they can go any extend to betray the progresive igbos in my own area, there is no racial argument on this issue we are from the same race i see nothing bad for one to be proud of his own tribe. Had it being the igbos had a claim of BORN TO RULE as a symbol of a state in the north it could cause a whole year tribal war in nigeria. the yeruba should mind their buisness period
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by Vicjustice: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2011
kennybuda:

. . . there is no racial argument on this issue we are from the same race i see nothing bad for one to be proud of his own tribe. Had it being the igbos had a claim of BORN TO RULE as a symbol of a state in the north it could cause a whole year tribal war in nigeria. the yeruba should mind their buisness period
   How long would Nigerians continue to be ignorant of the meaning of the word Race and keeping assuming that race has only got something to do with colours?
   Are the Russians, the English, the Greeks, the Germans and the Spanish same race because they're all white?
   Definitely NOT.
   Ask those who know about Anthropology and they will advise you that the Oduduwa descendants are a race of their own; so, the Igbos and the Yoruba are not the same race according to the secondary definition of RACE.
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by kennybuda: 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2011
it takes nothing to create another topics on how yerubas, hausas, edo, fulani are 120 percent nigerians overseas make una leave indigbo alone haba, i got this experience in sweden whereby 3 yeruba girls paroting that the igbo are the bad names of nigeria as a country while other tribes in nigeria are angles. abeg make we stop all this comotion one has to be proud of his own tribe.
Re: 70 % Of Nigerians Overseas Are Igbos by imperiouxx(m): 2:04am On Aug 23, 2011
It seems many of these guys dey read with their heads turned upside down. What was the initial poster's motive? Was it to support/against his tribe -- igbo? Who are those whinning of being hated now
I'm so so sorry for una grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Look Of Lagos City / Traveling To Morocco From Nigeria Via Road Transport: How Do I Go About It? / How To Immigrate To Canada Within 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.