Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us (33033 Views)

As A Lady You Can’t Be In Your Married Sister House And Not Wearing A Bra / My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. / Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by Biiznesman: 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2022
Hi I come from a family of 4 the last. I and my single brother stay with my aged father. 4 months ago my married sister left her home and came home promising to stay a few days that she has an argument with her husband.

She had been having issues with her husband. But upon hearing her husbands side of the story it was different from what she told us, he claimed she threatened to walk out of him and her 5 children and she won't suffer. She claimed she works as a middleman sales person.

Fast forward to today, she doesn't do anything, just sit around and eat food we prepared. My income is barely enough to keep up with me, as a teacher so is my elder brother, we both contribute money to take care of our aged father. But taking care of an additional mouth seem to be expensive as she eats like a glutton.

My Senior ones who don't stay with us has stopped sending her money, and she is planning to fight for custody of her 5 children and bring them home for us to feed them. I plan to save up and move to a new apartment, but of late, I find out that I have not been saving since she came.

We have explained all to her and talked to her but she seemed not to understand. What should I do? I need advice from the house.

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by Jennylove21(f): 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2022
If there's is any job vacancy around,let her go for it.
She's your sister but a Burden now

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by Biiznesman: 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2022
Jennylove21:
If there's is any job vacancy around,let her go for it.
She's your sister but a Borden now

This is someone who claimed to be doing a job. The last time we had a conversation on teaching she seemed to be complaining about the stress. I don't just know.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2022
This is clear case of ego at play here and it seems to me that whatever happened between her and the husband can be easily fixed by communication but she choose vawulence.

There isn't much you can do as you can't simply chase her out of her father's house. If you can, find her a job and minimize what you spend on food. Your next plan should be how to leave that house asap

170 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by Jennylove21(f): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2022
Biiznesman:

This is someone who claimed to be doing a job. The last time we had a conversation on teaching she seemed to be complaining about the stress. I don't just know.

She's really a Burden
She's married,she has a family,she shouldn't rely on her younger ones

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by ibechris(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2022
Some people self.

We Africans are funny!

No court will grant custody to her because she has no known job. Fight over 5 children no be here.

I hail her for even managing in this economy with such number of children.

U guys should make peace...and let her cool off.
She might be going through alot. Five children no be here.

I have three children with a paid nanny yet it is absolutely crazy. Pls,do not count her sins for her. Reconcile her back to her husband as most people are going through emotional and psychological torture these days.

U may not see this until u are married.

200 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by ahnie: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2022
Lolz@she eats like a glutton.

A wise woman once told me.....Eden mind your business.
Funny story Sha.

Birthing 5 kids is as crazy as fuvk....with no source of income mehn e go hard.

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by shege45: 1:57pm On Oct 18, 2022
How do people even give birth to 5 kids in recent times. It’s annoying

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by Ussycool: 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2022
Wahala be like bicycle

2 Likes

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by HarlequinLekex: 2:06pm On Oct 18, 2022
Omor 5 children for this buhari why won't poverty will not increase in naija

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by Zonefree(m): 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
You guys should bundle her back to her husband's house. I hate nonsense!

120 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by Klass99(f): 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2022
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by vanvickie(m): 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2022
Hmmm, please make sure you let her know that she needs to contribute to the family upkeep as both of you can't finance the whole bills of the home.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
She wants to fight for the custody of the 5 children she abandoned? Lol

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by Karleb(m): 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2022
TooMuchJuice:
She wants to fight for the custody of the 5 children she abandoned? Lol

E no get work. Na she run commot untop common couple quarrel.

Even for US, she no go get custody unless the judge buys her lie.

5 children! grin
God will help bro OP.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by 4ward4: 3:00pm On Oct 18, 2022
Biiznesman:
Hi I come from a family of 4 the last. I and my single brother stay with my aged father. 4 months ago my married sister left her home and came home promising to stay a few days that she has an argument with her husband. She had been having issues with her husband. But upon hearing her husbands side of the story it was different from what she told us, he claimed she threatened to walk out of him and her 5 children and she won't suffer. She claimed she works as a middleman sales person.

Fast forward to today, she doesn't do anything, just sit around and eat food we prepared. My income is barely enough to keep up with me, as a teacher so is my elder brother, we both contribute money to take care of our aged father. But taking care of an additional mouth seem to be expensive as she eats like a glutton. My Senior ones who don't stay with us has stopped sending her money, and she is planning to fight for custody of her 5 children and bring them home for us to feed them. I plan to save up and move to a new apartment, but of late, I find out that I have not been saving since she came. We have explained all to her and talked to her but she seemed not to understand. What should I do? I need advice from the house.

Was they any case of domestic violence between she and Her husband.
If there is None, you people should kick her out. She thinks marriage is a child's play. I know Her type ,they are the none submissive and unappreciative type of woman a good man will ever marry.
The bolded sold her out, and shows she is the architect and engineer of her marriage problem.
Handled a similar case, the man for once haven't laid a hand on this woman, but Her poison lips will brag and always say such statements ur sister used. Guess what ,oga got tired divorced and married a woman who will value and respect him. Today that Aunty is suffering and squating with a friend , Oga is out of the country with his wife and Her kids...
I repeat Kick her out your family even keeping her more than the usual visit time can be seen as an accomplice.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by maureensylvia(f): 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2022
Maureen is reading

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by EmahBoss(f): 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
Your sister left her marriage and come home to eat like a glutton leaving her 5 kids? I'm certain she has toddlers among these kids.
If the husband is not beating her, please send her back. If you don't, she will start sleeping around. Her type full street

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by dobnina(f): 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2022
Make her uncomfortable. Stop cooking for her. Tell her if she doesn't drop money, she won't be fed.
You are making the house too comfortable for her. Once you start making it hot, she will leave and go back to her husband's house.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by YoungThug14: 6:20pm On Oct 18, 2022
True true I can see you hate nonsense indeed, I can’t stop laughing at your comment bro. LOL �

3 Likes

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by Helpout12345: 6:20pm On Oct 18, 2022
This is simple na. Just stop feeding her. She will receive sense within 1 week of serious hunger.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by Cutehector(m): 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2022
Sister there is no money o.. ...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by Musty112: 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2022
Someone who is doing nothing is complaining about teaching job being stressful grin. Even if you have i am not in support that you give her alm the time. That will amount to you enabling her not to do anything and from her not to reconcile with the husband since someone is footing her bills without her having a need to lift a finger. Make efforts, it encourages people to help other than just sitting around. Those working are not your slaves

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by VeryWickedMan: 9:24pm On Oct 18, 2022
OP is this ya sister?

66 Likes

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by mbahdi(m): 9:24pm On Oct 18, 2022
Den u eat like a super glue

1 Like

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by AsomArchitectNG(m): 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
Try Reconciling her with her husband and if she refuses tell her point blank to get something doing as you can't handle the burden of feeding her...

5 Likes

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
Reading

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
Omo grin
Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by Mindlog: 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
She should go get a job.

2 Likes

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by KingRSHD2(m): 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
Your family should convereg including her husband and settle disputes between them to know if she is undergoing some technical or emotional issue with her husband or no.

And to plan a way forward because leaving 5 children behind is really absurd meaning there must be a tangible reason for such decision shocked

1 Like

Re: My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us by karsey: 9:26pm On Oct 18, 2022
Water don pass garri

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South African Man With 4 Wives Who Wants Other Men To Be Polygamous (Pics) / Friday Fried Rice And Peppered Chicken With Step By Step Pics / One Year On : Remembering The Footprints Of A Nairalander - Freeman David

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.