Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn (2486 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities/ Oaps & Their Fake British/ American Accents / Chidinma, Tiwa Savage And Seyi Shay: Who's The Sexiest, Hottest And Prettiest. / Toni Braxton And Beyonce---who Is The Sexiest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by Mbeki: 2:30pm On Aug 18, 2011
World's sexiest accents
Because a foreign language can be the best aphrodisiac, we traveled the world in search of the 12 hottest accents
By Jordan Burchette

Read more: World’s sexiest accents #2 | CNNGo.com http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/life/worlds-sexiest-accents-130333?page=0,1#ixzz1VO37Kthg

Famous tongues: King Sunny Adé, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde
Dignified, with just a hint of willful naiveté, the deep, rich “oh’s” and “eh’s” of Naija bend the English language without breaking it, arousing tremors in places other languages can’t reach. Kinda makes the occasional phone scam worth the swindle.

Sounds like: The THX intro with teeth

Read more: World’s sexiest accents #2 | CNNGo.com http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/life/worlds-sexiest-accents-130333?page=0,1#ixzz1VO2mFJBa
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by SEFAGO(m): 2:42pm On Aug 18, 2011
While American girls go gaga over Nigerian accents, I think they are the only ones (Americans I think) who like the Nigerian accent.

I have lived in other places around the world and my accent cannot pull dem chicks like it would in the US. The study was probably based in the US iI bet
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by justwise(m): 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2011
SEFAGO:

While American girls go gaga over Nigerian accents, I think they are the only ones (Americans I think) who like the Nigerian accent.

I have lived in other places around the world and my accent cannot pull dem chicks like it would in the US. The study was probably based in the US iI bet

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i have to agree with that.
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by JeSoul(f): 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2011
According to the list:
1-Italian
2-French
3-Spanish
4-Czech
5-Naija
6-Irish

Accents are a very tricky thing though . . . it all depends on the person talking.

I have heard italian accents that I liked and some that I just hate (including one dude like this that I work with) I wish I could give him some mouthwash to clean out that yeye thing. Same for the french, some sound sweet and others just plan annoying - those who talk mostly thru their nose - what's sexy about not being able to hear what the hell it is you're saying? I think this list is built on imagination & fantasy. The irish accent to me is the worst on the planet. I'll take ching-chung-choo before I take irish  cheesy

African accents in general (ehm minus Liberians  cheesy) sound nice when the person is speaking with a solid command of the english language . . . not these yeye children these days that are throwing slangs all over the place and cannot speak proper english with confidence.
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by Mbeki: 3:13pm On Aug 18, 2011
SEFAGO:

Maybe u no sabi international chicks toasting code
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by justwise(m): 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2011
JeSoul:

According to the list:
1-Italian
2-French
3-Spanish
4-Czech
5-Naija
6-Irish

Accents are a very tricky thing though . . . it all depends on the person talking.

I have heard italian accents that I liked and some that I just hate (including one dude like this that I work with) I wish I could give him some mouthwash to clean out that yeye thing. Same for the french, some sound sweet and others just plan annoying - those who talk mostly thru their nose - what's sexy about not being able to hear what the hell it is you're saying? I think this list is built on imagination & fantasy. The irish accent to me is the worst on the planet. [/b]I'll take ching-chung-choo before I take irish  cheesy

African accents in general (ehm minus Liberians  cheesy) sound nice when the person is speaking with [b]a solid command of the english language
. . . not these yeye children these days that are throwing slangs all over the place and cannot speak proper english with confidence.
I love Irish accent, can't stand Scottish accent.
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by Mbeki: 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2011
Nigerians speaks better and clearer english than any other Africans, that explains why most of her languages are erasing fast. Ibo language is the worst hit, i don't think it can last till d next 50 years
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by SEFAGO(m): 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2011
Mbeki:

Maybe u no sabi international chicks toasting code

Emi Ke? I wrote the book on that s*h/it man. Infact you should have your notebook ready for me to give you pointers tongue
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by Mbeki: 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2011
SEFAGO:

Emi Ke? I wrote the book on that s*h/it man. Infact you should have your notebook ready for me to give you pointers tongue

can't wait to jot down ur lectures, but I doubt if it will be dat useful as it did not help u in the first instance.
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by 27naira(m): 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2011
Mbeki:

World's sexiest accents
Because a foreign language can be the best aphrodisiac, we traveled the world in search of the 12 hottest accents
By Jordan Burchette

Read more: World’s sexiest accents #2 | CNNGo.com http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/life/worlds-sexiest-accents-130333?page=0,1#ixzz1VO37Kthg

Famous tongues: King Sunny Adé, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde
Dignified, with just a hint of willful naiveté, the deep, rich “oh’s” and “eh’s” of Naija bend the English language without breaking it, arousing tremors in places other languages can’t reach. Kinda makes the occasional phone scam worth the swindle.

Sounds like: The THX intro with teeth

Read more: World’s sexiest accents #2 | CNNGo.com http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/life/worlds-sexiest-accents-130333?page=0,1#ixzz1VO2mFJBa

Bloody mofos. angry
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by Wbong: 6:06pm On Aug 18, 2011
nice
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by eghost247(m): 6:22pm On Aug 18, 2011
cool
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by Vicjustice: 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2011
Nigerian accent, sexy in regard to what language?
First of all, does one need to be reminded that different parts of Nigeria have different accents?
One may arguably claim that Nigerian accent is "sexy" in their native languages, but in spoken English, i'm sorry to say that Nigerian accents are not appealling: Most Nigerian are not even understood by foreigners (especially when speaking English to them on phone).
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by N101: 8:11pm On Aug 18, 2011
Mbeki:

Nigerians speaks better and clearer english than any other Africans, that explains why most of her languages are erasing fast. Ibo language is the worst hit, i don't think it can last till d next 50 years

You obviously haven't spoken to many East Africans or Southern Africans.
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by Mbeki: 8:46pm On Aug 18, 2011
N101:

You obviously haven't spoken to many East Africans or Southern Africans.
Statistically, Nigerian speaks clearer english than others. Though of what benefit is it anyway, it's only Africans that takes pride in speaking english that a french or german will not speak even if they can,
Vicjustice:

Nigerian accent, sexy in regard to what language?
First of all, does one need to be reminded that different parts of Nigeria have different accents?
One may arguably claim that Nigerian accent is "sexy" in their native languages, but in spoken English, i'm sorry to say that Nigerian accents are not appealling: Most Nigerian are not even understood by foreigners (especially when speaking English to them on phone).
I think u need to ask CNN how they arrived at that?
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by JeSoul(f): 9:15pm On Aug 18, 2011
justwise:

I love Irish accent, can't stand Scottish accent.
Chai! say it ain't so grin I just hope you don't pick it up and end up speaking in some kind of naija-irish hybrid twang that no get head or tail grin
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by N101: 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2011
Mbeki:

Statistically, Nigerian speaks clearer english than others. Though of what benefit is it anyway, it's only Africans that takes pride in speaking english that a french or german will not speak even if they can,

Statistically, there are more Nigerians, but that doesn't equate to speaking clearer English. Most people take pride in speaking more than one language except some Nigerians. It's a skill, moreso to speak them fluently.
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by Nobody: 4:55am On Aug 19, 2011
Awwwwww,  my mum keeps telling me to get my naija accent back cos I've lost it. I don't think I have. whenever I speak to her on the fone she starts imitating my ''supposed'' accent . . . .'' G'day mate'' . . . . With that her thick Igbo accent grin. I love that woman's accent grin.

I visited naija last yr, whenever I went over to visit her the first thing she says to me is . . . . ''Hey ya doing?'' grin. Duh I don't say that mum.
Re: Nigeria Has The World's 5th Sexiest Accents -cnn by eghost247(m): 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2011
jennykadry:

Awwwwww,  my mum keeps telling me to get my naija accent back cos I've lost it. I don't think I have. whenever I speak to her on the fone she starts imitating my ''supposed'' accent . . . .'' G'day mate'' . . . . With that her thick Igbo accent grin. I love that woman's accent grin.

I visited naija last yr, whenever I went over to visit her the first thing she says to me is . . . . ''Hey ya doing?'' grin. Duh I don't say that mum.
hahaha

(1) (Reply)

Uche Jumbo And Uche Okechukwu Break Up? / Miss Ghana 2010-stephanie Karikari Puts Her Bod On Display In A Very Tiny Bikini / Photos From Yvonne Nelson, Uche Jombo And Alex Ekubo @folly Premier In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.