Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? (20192 Views)

An International Company Is Looking For Workers From Home- Work From Anywhere / The Right Way To Answer The Question: What Should We Pay You? / Please Find Attached My Resume: The Right Way To Say It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? by kingmsookwagh(m): 5:29pm On Oct 19, 2022
Are you a Sheraton staff?

Your story is akin to theirs.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? by Sirseedorf(m): 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2022
Company work is sh1t, I was laid off 2months ago, we are like 50 employees, reason is that we are contract workers, our contractor terminate our contract while the new contractor assure us of employment when their are in, only to get to work on the day and we started seeing new faces being call in to work while the old worker stand outside look astonished. Well after the downgrading later found out that the HR and top management of the company brought the new contractors in and also made a bargain with them to bring in their works so that they can have a share from the payment to the contractor, because the contractor is someone close to the HR. So they make us jobless, because of bribe, fresh new girls and Paddy Paddy reasons.
Well I've moved on, and I pray I never got anything to do in factory wahala again.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? by isax(m): 5:39pm On Oct 19, 2022
As you mentioned in your reply to that question on the first page, that there is an employment letter however they said they could terminate the employment anytime. Then the time is here...
Kindly look up to some other things you could do around you that can bring return or some value you could add that would yield returns to you.
Don't get discouraged, don't let the scenario weigh you down.
Trust in God!
All will be well.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? by Emdebby2: 5:41pm On Oct 19, 2022
Did you not read the employment letter before you accepted the offer? It is clearly stated there and there's nothing you can do to them.
They will pay you for that month anyway. Some companies like mine will even pay you for the next month if they terminate your appointment.
Just use the opportunity to hustle for another job. It's painful to be laid off but you will make it if you are not lazy.
All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? by RonnieX(m): 5:47pm On Oct 19, 2022
[/i]
thedarkened:
I will be brief about this.

Earlier this week, we got the shock of our lives; we would be laid off at work by month end due to financial setbacks the company is going through.

Meanwhile, we figured it out ourselves after connecting some dots, thereafter we asked questions and our fear became a reality; we were never told prior to making our own findings.

We didn't prepare for all these, and majority have already set things in motion in their personal lives. It is indeed a shock!

Now the question is; is that the right approach when it comes to disengaging workers from service? Are we fairly treated?
Lalasticlala, please help move to front page for a wider view and comments.
[i]

Julius Berger Nigeria PLC. That's one company notorious for this kind of action. I'm sure that's where you work cos I heard they did another massive lay off early this week. My brother just find way to leave this jungle of a country.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? by DadaHammed: 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2022
BATified2023:
u people are inconsequential just like buhari rubbished u n won election twice

Ibos are inconsequential but 99.9% of your posts dey lament about 'Ibos'? Abi you no dey read am? grin
Re: Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? by wizkidblogger(f): 8:52pm On Oct 19, 2022
that's why as an employee, you should always be prepared for such things..

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? by osazsky(m): 9:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
thedarkened:
I will be brief about this.

Earlier this week, we got the shock of our lives; we would be laid off at work by month end due to financial setbacks the company is going through.

Meanwhile, we figured it out ourselves after connecting some dots, thereafter we asked questions and our fear became a reality; we were never told prior to making our own findings.

We didn't prepare for all these, and majority have already set things in motion in their personal lives. It is indeed a shock!

Now the question is; is that the right approach when it comes to disengaging workers from service? Are we fairly treated?
Lalasticlala, please help move to front page for a wider view and comments.
if the company is liquidating due to the effect of covid and bubu non challant economic policies my dear u dont have a case when liabilities exceeds assets this is d outcome..I am sure ur CEO is a white Buhari.. so sorry dear

1 Like

Re: Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? by Softmirror: 9:17pm On Oct 19, 2022
richidinho:

If they lazy to work, how come they accept a job without proper agreement

ACCEPTING A JOB WITHOUT PROPER AGREEMENT SHOWS A LAZY MENTAL ATTITUDE. MEANING NOT BEING SMART.
Re: Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? by Plm11: 2:05am On Oct 20, 2022
No
Re: Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? by thedarkened: 5:55am On Oct 20, 2022
pedel:
What are your qualifications and what other skills do you have?

I have a first degree. I could do graphic design, I write well researched thesis for students, i could run online advert(Facebook, Instagram ads etc) and i know the in and out of mini importation business.
Re: Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? by thedarkened: 6:27am On Oct 20, 2022
I really appreciate our comments, contributions and criticisms, now i know where I stand and the next line of action to take. I obviously don't have the strength to sue as advised by some concerned fellow up there grin. I've accepted my fate.

My major concern is that I'm not prepared for this, and we can agree with me that things like this can actually throw one off-balance, especially a man with responsibilities.

Also, applying for job at this time of the year, well i hope it works. I will give it a try though

I don't really have a tangible savings that could sustain a business as i have already committed myself to certain things and responsibilities without seeing this coming.

But as advised, i will keep trying. Thank you all once again, i really appreciate.
Re: Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? by fxexperts: 10:47am On Oct 20, 2022
thedarkened:

Yes, there was employment letter.

it is in the letter that he can terminate our appointment at will at anytime. However, there isn't prior notification which gives us an opportunity to prepare ahead.
That means your employer are nice people. At least they didn't lie to you, they told you from day one of your employment, you were just too relaxed with them.
I walked for one employer some time ago who put up the phrase of terminate at any time in my employment later I signed, and I started just hunting on day 2 of the job, on the third month i had a better offer and i resigned with a two days' notice. the useless project manager made useless trouble with me, that I cannot leave like that blah.. blah..blah.. i am supposed to give them at least 2 weeks of notice to help them get a replacement, i told the idiot to Bleep off and go read my employment letter and that he should be grateful that i even gave a 2-day notice and I left, warned them if they tempered with my salary for the month, I am going to sue the leaving daylight out of their brains.

Softmirror:

ARE JOBS SCARCE IN NIGERIA? THE ANSWER IS NO! ARE YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN TOO LAZY TO WORK? THE ANSWER IS A CAPITAL YES!
Oga, nobody is too lazy to work, only that Nigerians like you are just extremely selfish with no human feelings, thinking employees are your slaves.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Way of Disengaging Workers from service? by Softmirror: 10:48am On Oct 20, 2022
fxexperts:
That means your employer are nice people. At least they didn't lie to you, they told you from day one of your employment, you were just too relaxed with them.
I walked for one employer some time ago who put up the phrase of terminate at any time in my employment later I signed, and I started just hunting on day 2 of the job, on the third month i had a better offer and i resigned with a two days' notice. the useless project manager made useless trouble with me, that I cannot leave like that blah.. blah..blah.. i am supposed to give them at least 2 weeks of notice to help them get a replacement, i told the idiot to Bleep off and go read my employment letter and that he should be grateful that i even gave a 2-day notice and I left, warned them if they tempered with my salary for the month, I am going to sue the leaving daylight out of their brains.

Oga, nobody is too lazy to work, only that Nigerians like you are just extremely selfish with no human feelings, thinking employees are your slaves.

THANK YOU!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Standard Chartered Bank Customer Service Recruitment 2017 / Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Result Is Out! / How Persons Without Work Experience Can Boost Their Curriculum Vitae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.