Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,701 members, 7,955,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:44 AM

Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist (19585 Views)

Pitbull And Protege Sensato Remix Dbanj's Oliver Twist / Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart / Download D'banj - Oliver Twist Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 22, 2011
This is one those songs that grows on you. I love it
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by ragdollz: 2:17pm On Aug 22, 2011
Lol @ replies. OK, I like the song now  grin grin grin. Will post up the lyrics soon if I can be bothered  grin grin grin

Here's some:

"I like Beyonce
But she's with Jigga
I like Nicki Minaj
Her yan$h is bigger  grin grin
I like Rihanna
She dey make dey go GAGA
I like Omotola
Cos people like am grin grin

I like Nadia Buari
Cos she no dey drink garri. . .

etc etc

My best part:

I know you like  Trey Songz
But you no fit sing 'im songs
. . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

People are saying he was sampling Fela's style of singing here. I wish the beat was better, too mediocre coming from IDJA. Maybe a remix will improve it.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by 2tek: 2:21pm On Aug 22, 2011
d song is a true confession of his SO MUCH likeness for GENEVIEVE,he mentioned oda female names but didn't say much abt dem as he did wt GENEVIEVE. pls note dat he deliberately mentioned her name last so he could profess his love indirectly.He mentioned omotola's name as a cover up.IMO
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by lynkyinka(m): 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2011
I'm sure those that are claiming to like the song have turned on their equaliser to remove the lyrics,
the breat, good , but lyrics, aweful
whatz even the base for the track title?
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by ragdollz: 2:31pm On Aug 22, 2011
lynkyinka:

I'm sure those that are claiming to like the song have turned on their equaliser to remove the lyrics,
the breat, good , but lyrics, aweful
whatz even the base for the track title?

"Oliver Twist" is a story about an orphan in an orphanage, who one day made the greatest error of saying "I want some more" when they were being given food grin grin grin

Now an "Oliver Twist" is a term for someone who asks for more or is GREEDY grin grin grin

In the song, D'banj confesses to like so many girls eg Genevieve, Omotola, Nadia, Beyonce, Rihanna. . . .

You can see he is VERY greedy grin grin grin grin
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by cutesy(f): 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2011
You are just an 'hoe-liva', 'hoe-liva,' 'hoe-liva' twist,
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by ceasyc(f): 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2011
2tek:

d song is a true confession of his SO MUCH likeness for GENEVIEVE,he mentioned oda female names but didn't say much abt dem as he did wt GENEVIEVE. pls note dat he deliberately mentioned her name last so he could profess his love indirectly.He mentioned omotola's name as a cover up.IMO

i stated something similar on the 19/08/11

amblors:

D'banj - Oliver ::: http://www.4shared.com/audio/t-0JQdKV/Dbanj_-_Oliver.html

was that song (a disguise) meant 4 Genevieve i guess it was grin grin grin

tho he sang about others but dis part - "i like Genevieve, i *think* that she's so sweet"

not too keen on d song but thx 4 uploading tho

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=19748.msg8957814#msg8957814

but after listening to it over n over again because of my mom, i start to move body. catchy song tho. hahahaaaa
d beat is good tho but i had 2 change d song after mom's too much replay/repeat. ebete, ebete, ebete, ebata ebata ebata

u no get e bum bum. . . u need e bum bum.
u want dem all - oliver twist indeed - na lie na genevievegrin abegiii
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by philip0906(m): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2011
¨¨4 this gbedu u must to need e bum bum¨¨ grin grin grin
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by ragdollz: 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2011
Lol. . . .

why you come dey shaky shaky bum bum

When you know say you no get the get the bum bum

need the bum bum

bum bum

grin grin grin

It's trending on Twitter, everyone's uploading their own vids on Youtube. . .I guess it's official, the song's a HIT  grin grin grin grin

That's the thing about stardom: even if your song is technically wack, you can carry it along with some good marketing strategy/promotion. And of course, you have to have the die-hard fans  grin grin grin grin
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by kandiikane(m): 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2011
I am going to make a video of my "skanking/jonzing" to the song. Watch this space. grin
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by SteLette(f): 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2011
After the first listen, to be honest , i was like, 'was this mean'? and I shook my head, but the second time, am all over the song like a tramp on chips, This is prolly my 150th listen, hehehe,

If you want deep meaningful songs, sorry but D'banj is not ur man, grin but if u want to move that bootay, he's on point! wink
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by philip0906(m): 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2011
Haters. . .¨¨I am accomplised but don't take it personal¨¨ grin grin
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Natasha2(f): 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2011
poster I'm with you on this one the song is trash, don't know which particular dust bin D'banj picked the song from grin
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by dyel: 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2011
Nabata nabata nabata nabata, nemete nemete nemete nemete, zebete zebete zebete zebete, damn i jst cnt get enuf of this song
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by dayokanu(m): 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2011
Its rubbish but make una just buy and dance am
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by knoxranger: 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2011
@OP, " Opinions are like buttholes(iwo idi) everyone's got one", angry angry, so thats why i'll leave u to your opinion and y'all hating D'banj's Oliver Twist single, My Opinion is dat he did his thingy like we know him 4, alujo to gbasky, D'banj to l'enu bi unmentionable, wink wink lol, razmatazz

Dude has said it severally, hez an entertainer, I want some1 amongst y'all 2 now tell me if the drugs song no entertain u, if u no like am, D'banj sef no like u. leave am like dat, very soon una go begin shake una bootay 2 d jam, cheesy cheesy

And 4u saying whatz d relevance of Oliver Twist wit Beyonce & Omotola, i suggest u listen 2 d song again and u'll get the syllogism, grin
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by AmeboAjela(f): 7:06pm On Aug 22, 2011
True there is nothing to write home about this music. But it will be a great hit and will receive heavy play in clubs and party because Don Jazzy and Dbanj knows the formula to make hits and dance-able music. Mar my word, this music will be on everybody's lips soon and he has already employed a gimmick (sending Oliver Twist clips to youtube and win a price) That alone si already a phenomenon these guys are pure genius.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by kingsots(m): 7:23pm On Aug 22, 2011
The song is wack, and making a lot of pple jonze themselves on youtube. SMH.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Cruisez: 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2011
What makes you an entrepreneur? Creativity is one of it. Go to youtube and count the number of “oliver twist” videos uploaded already, then come back here and tell me (us) if you have finally discovered the idea behind thE song! Oliver twist is not about the lyrics, beat, delivery etc. It’s about getting buddies together to free style. Imagine what will happen if the song is played in a night club… FREESTYLE
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by ragdollz: 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/user/betharina18

Guys PLEASE check out this white family shaking bum bum to D'banj's Oliver Twist!!!

Big ups!!!

LOL

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Fimmy(m): 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2011
the song sucks, nice beats though
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by whiteroses(f): 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2011
kill yourselves haters.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Delle(m): 9:29pm On Aug 22, 2011
whiteroses:

kill yourselves haters. grin Dbanj is awesome I'll suck his Joystick so hard till his man juice starts driping out of my coochie anyday. I lied cheesy

Shame!
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by whiteroses(f): 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2011
^on your mama! can't you read i lied, its a joke. don't attack me cos i was joking before i slash you
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Delle(m): 12:05am On Aug 23, 2011
whiteroses:

^on your mama! can't you read i lied, its a joke. don't attack me cos i was joking before i slash you
. Hey relax, i dont mean shame on u as u think in Nigeria. U shudnt hv gon to d extent of writing ur mama. U stil need to learn hw to reply to comments. Well, ur a Nigerian I understand.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Gbengard(m): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2011
Yhu folks should stop dissinq D'banj cos u can't be xpectinq every album from him to hit d world. Yhu can't tell me all artistes' album in dis world always hit.
Not only him sang wack sonq likes of 2face, MI sang shit too, Most of em sonq r gr8. So u guys should stop criticinq. I'm watch out for Scapegoat rmx ft Kanye West before i damn him. Peace out
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Gbengard(m): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2011
Yhu folks should stop dissinq D'banj cos u can't be xpectinq every album from him to hit d world. Yhu can't tell me all artistes' album in dis world always hit.
Not only him sang wack sonq likes of 2face, MI sang shit too, Most of em sonq r gr8. So u guys should stop criticinq. I'm watchinq out for Scapegoat rmx ft Kanye West before i damn him. Peace out
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Princek12(m): 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2011
Many people don't understand the song and therefore do not appreciate it because they do not know the meaning of an Oliver Twist. They apparently did not read the Oliver Twist novel. Put simply, an Oliver Twist is a person who is not satisfied and wants to have everything. Applying that definition to D'Banj's Oliver Twist song, D'Banj is talking about a guy who wants to have all the girls. He wants to have, among other girls, Beyonce, even though she is with Jigga; Nicki Minaj, because her nyansh is bigger; Rihanna, because he makes him gaga; Omotola, because people like her; Genevieve, because she is so sweet; and Nadia Buari, because she does not drink gari.

And the last part of the song immediately before the chorus says, "You want to have them all, because you are just an Oliver, Oliver, Oliver Twist." Rather than for some people to say they do not understand a song and humbly ask for interpretation, they simply say the song makes no sense. Bottom line, the song is entertaining and will be a hit.

As usual, once white people start to like the song and give it the Oyinbo stamp of approval, all these people with inferiority complex who had earlier claimed to hate the song will now claim that they now like the song--that it grew on them.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by MMM2(m): 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2011
niece song
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by tical(m): 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2011
stinky Crap! undecided All my efforts 2 luv this song for 3days has bn futile!! undecided Every1 dat said this song is gud nids a wake up call. .ridiculously re.tarded lyrics, wack beat nd poor melody. .hw more can a song be wack? I luv D banj buh this song is not it at all. .he cant rep naija wiv this mediocrity angry angry angry undecided
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by amblors(m): 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2011
tical:

stinky Crap! undecided All my efforts 2 luv this song for 3days has bn futile!! undecided Every1 dat said this song is gud nids a wake up call. .ridiculously re.tarded lyrics, wack beat nd poor melody. [b].hw more can a song be wack? [/b]I luv D banj buh this song is not it at all. .he cant rep naija wiv this mediocrity angry angry angry undecided
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by mcnepow(m): 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2011
Omo, see beaf o! But I remember him telling us he 'aint no musician' but strictly 'AN ENTERTAINER aka JONZER'. Jonzing is what he knows how to do best!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vee To Release Debut EP 'Young And Reckless' / Exclusive:::::: Faaji Plus - St Janet (contains Lewd Lyrics) / DOWNLOAD MUSIC: Young M.A - Hot Sauce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.