Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) (42419 Views)

"You Ruined This Country" Angry Civilians Yell At Israeli Minister (video) / Mary Elizabeth Truss Is New UK Prime Minister / Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by fergie001: 1:35pm On Oct 20, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRzjoTKYJLU
UK Prime Minister, Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister.

This happened after meeting Sir Graham Brady, Chairman of the 1922 Committee, Jake Berry (The Party Chair) and Deputy Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister, Thérèse Coffey this afternoon.

The committee oversees the election of party leaders, or any Conservative party-led vote of confidence in a current leader. Such a vote can be triggered by 15% of Conservative MPs (currently 53 MPs out of the 357 sitting MPs as of October 2022) writing a letter to the chairman of the committee asking for such a vote.

- The U-turn in her mini-budget
- The sacking of the Chancellor, Kwarteng
- The sacking of Home Secretary, Suella Braverman
- The chaos in the Commons last night

16 MPs have formally asked her to leave. Statement due by 1:30pm UK time.

Truss I cannot deliver the mandate.
I’m am resigning at leader of the Conservative Party.

SOURCE

Leadership elections to hold next week.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by TinubuPikin: 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2022
Ok
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by frankmoney(m): 1:38pm On Oct 20, 2022
Interesting

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by WibusJaga: 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2022

Truss I cannot deliver the mandate.
I am resigning as leader of the Conservative Party.
Where is that sick ancestor possessed by the evil spirit of emilokan, that some urchins are standing on his mandate? cheesy

310 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Ruggedniggaone: 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2022
Respect to president putin

89 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by budaatum: 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2022
Poor her! We need a general election.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Righteousness2(m): 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2022
Economic , financial and political turmoil is sweeping through the nations.

The World is being primed for Mr fix it .
He will come on World stage with so much swag to fix things.

The World Inhabitants not taken in the rapture will welcome him with joy thinking the savior of the world 's problems has arrived.
Unfortunately he will plunge the world into wars, Calamities and disaters such as has not been seen since the world began.

JESUS is Coming ooo! Watch and Pray that you be counted worthy to Escape.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Kwanza: 1:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
Soldier go, soldier come.... Barracks remain.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by oshozondii: 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Kwanza:
Soldier go, soldier come.... Barracks remain.
It's gone.......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by fergie001: 1:51pm On Oct 20, 2022
New leader to be chosen on October 28.

Full Statement;

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by bigdammyj: 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
Seen.
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Karlovych: 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
embarassed The real cause of her resignation must have been the presence of this creature in London.

How can you deliver your mandate when this ogre is roaming the streets of London, even the dullard was a witness for 8 years with it around the country he governed.

The useless plague is nothing but bad luck wherever he is, spits.

182 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by zoedew: 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
Honourable politician! Salutary conduct. Unlike the entitlement mentality of Tinubu who is clearly unhealthy for the job of President but insists on being one just because, as he says, “emilokan” “it is my turn”! His name and his place in history cum his ability to deliver on the job don’t matter to him! Tinubu deserves to be rejected at the polls in 2023.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Brendaniel: 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
While Buhari is busy killing his citizens just to remain in power

And Tinubu wants to continue from where Buhari stops, God forbid it - We want Competence - Obidatti 2023

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Earlystar698(m): 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
Leadership in the UK and USA no be moi moi ooo, see as people dey resign their high profile office meanwhile in Africa we die put grin

Boris is coming back

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Kenkele(m): 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
Ok
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
They're Still doing king and queen in 21st century

But African traditions are considered abnormal

Queen Elizabeth isn't happy with this news

12 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Bobloco: 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
"Truss I cannot deliver the mandate.
I’m am resigning at leader of the Conservative Party."

We are also expecting the Emilokan drug lord to as a matter of urgency tell Nigerians that he is stepping down from the presidential race because won't be able to deliver on his mandate

His party the APC and Buhari could not deliver on their promises to Nigeria in 2015 and as such don't have the moral grounds to contest the 2023 general election.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by FullBlastLight: 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
Hahaha... Japa!

Laughing Out Loud!

Is d future not female again? grin

Methinks she wld be anoda Iron Lady -Margret Thatcher!

What a man can do, a female can do better, my foot!

She has blatantly disappointed her gender, full blast! grin

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by sofeo(m): 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
Sane and honest woman in a sane environment.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
WibusJaga:

Where is that sick ancestor possessed by the evil spirit of emilokan, that some urchins are standing on his mandate? cheesy

Tinubu is not in power yet. Direct your questions to Buhari...who is actually in power.

(And yes, I ain't voting for or supproting APC either, or PDP).

6 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by fitinwell: 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRzjoTKYJLU

- The U-turn in her mini-budget
- The sacking of the Chancellor, Kwarteng
- The sacking of Home Secretary, Suella Braverman
- The chaos in the Commons last night

16 MPs have formally asked her to leave. Statement due by 1:30pm UK time.

SOURCE

Leadership elections to hold next week.

shocked opens Jaws or Jaws Open

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by franchasofficia: 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
Wow, Buhari are you seeing your mates?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Ejiakusmith(m): 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
na. this kind resignation them they call I can't kill myself ..... just only 44days in office .... 1 month & 2weeks

anyway one of her minster earlier resigned ...... Home secretary

the woman no like stress at all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by seunny4lif(m): 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
Why can't the British citizens go out to vote?
Why does the MPs always vote for who will be the PM? And the PM also have a VP PM?
Why not him/her?

Crazy system

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by owiko(m): 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
If it were in Nigeria, she'd rather remain there and mess the entire system than resign.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by chrisifeanyi: 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2022
This is a sane clime where if you cannot withstand the heat you leave the kitchen.
For here, even sick and pampers wearing oldies are still busy shouting is my turn. And some stvpid youths are supporting such nonsense

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Princewill1(m): 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2022
UK and the rest of Western Europe should brace up for more Economic Turmoil.

You sanctioned Russia now you are receiving more economic hardship than the sanctioned

16 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Chidimercy: 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2022
Ha, resign kwa
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2022
I just hope her sudden resignation won't have a
-ve effect on the rest of her gender wey go wan vie for PM

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Malia Obama Dances And Twerks at the Lollapalooza Concert (Video And Pics) / Xenophobia: Nigerian Men Are Snatching Our Wives – South African Politician / Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.