Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,094 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Obasanjo To Ibb: " A Fool At 70 " - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Ibb: " A Fool At 70 " (1079 Views)

I Built Aso Rock, Who Is The Landlord You Pay Rent To?-IBB To Buhari / Photos From President Jonathan's Visit To IBB In Minna Today / The Day Atiku Blasted Obasanjo To His Face (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Obasanjo To Ibb: " A Fool At 70 " by Mbeki: 8:57pm On Aug 18, 2011
He said “well, normally when I read these things I don’t believe them. Yesterday when somebody phoned me and said this was said, I said don’t believe it. He said check on all the papers and I said get me all the papers, they got me the papers and I read; it’s a little bit unlike Babangida.

But if Babangida had decided on becoming a septuagenarian, that he will be a fool, I think one should probably do what the Bible says in Proverbs chapter 26, verse 4. It says don’t answer a fool because you may also become like him.

“When you go to the same Proverbs chapter 26, verse 5, it says answer a fool so that he will not think he’s a wise man. So, I am now torn between which of the two verses I should follow in this respect. Some of the things he said unfortunately were not well thought-out.
“I also read where he said in his time, he gave the dividends of democracy and at the same time he regretted. When I read that, well I said Babangida should be pitied and shown sympathy rather than anger or condemnation because the old saying says a fool at 40 is a fool forever and I would say a regret at 70 is a regret too late. Well a regret at 70 is a regret to the grave.
http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7825:obasanjo-to-ibb-q-a-fool-at-70-q-&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=67
Re: Obasanjo To Ibb: " A Fool At 70 " by OAM4J: 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2011

(1)

Cnn:what Is Behind Nigeria Fuel Protests? / Killing Of Igbos: S’east Govs, Leaders To Meet / Abdul Qaqa An Igala Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.