Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) (35755 Views)

Ondo Church Attack: Blood Donors Needed At Federal Medical Centre Owo / Pastor Enenche Commissions Messiah Medical Centre In Jos / University Otuoke Female Student Who Took Tramadol Dies During Sex In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by Sleekfingers: 9:07am On Oct 21, 2022
Omicronvaccine:

https://igberetvnews.com/1430628/flood-overtakes-federal-medical-centre-otuoke-bayelsa-photo/

Stupid people full this country. Why is he smiling like hyena? Lots of people has died, lost their properties. He is smiling like person wey dem dey fingers his anus
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 21, 2022
Elsueno:

Shat up B4 I commot ur teeth, The incompetent government refused to build a simple dam that could avert or severely limit this disaster....and here U are defending thier incompetence 4 them as they steal even d money meant to care 4 d victims of thier stup*d*ty ..... Gosh I don't even think I dislike d devil as much as u do Nigerian politicians and their ass leakers.... Metcchw

We agree that the government is incompetent but no matter how competent a government could be, they can not avert all natural disaster.
Even as competent as US they still cry for wild fire,

2 Likes

Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 21, 2022
If it is at this level, then GEJ'S HOUSE would have been submerged too since his house is just a stone throw from this FMC.
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by Aguogba(m): 9:10am On Oct 21, 2022
Yankee101:
Diseases from the flood and hospital biohazard
You stole my thoughts. That flood definitely passed through the mortuary and infectious diseases wards.

1 Like

Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by T0BY(m): 9:11am On Oct 21, 2022
Why not. They should do the needful by completing it so that the flood Will stop. Government that truly care about its citizens don't neglect issues as this.
voltron14:

And you want Nigeria to complete the dam.

Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by miqos02(m): 9:17am On Oct 21, 2022
The same flood that was swallowed by a prophet 3 days ago ?
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by Mazzkenny: 9:23am On Oct 21, 2022
madridguy:
May the Almighty bestow them with His mercy and bless each and every person affected by this storm and surround them with your love and protection.
amin
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by gigdfhjjhvc: 9:27am On Oct 21, 2022
God show dem mercy
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by GreaterFuture(m): 9:30am On Oct 21, 2022
buJu234:
i still keep on saying from my little geography subject...

one of the solutions to this continuous flood.. is to dredge the river niger all the way to the Atlantic Ocean..

this will allow the flood to have a direct path to the Ocean, instead of it spreading around.
There are so . many solutions to it
So many ways, but they choose not to...

1 Like

Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by Uchedizzy(f): 9:59am On Oct 21, 2022
Na wa ooh this is serious

1 Like

Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by Kobicove(m): 10:01am On Oct 21, 2022
No be me go enter this kind dirty water angry
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by sharpwriter(m): 10:18am On Oct 21, 2022
KehnnyKay:
I started masturbating at the age of 14 and I'm 24 years old now it's hard for me to put stop to it despite how hard I've tried. I can't go 2 days without masturbating and it's already killing me both physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally. Any day I masturbate I will be exhausted for more than 2 hours before I can come back to my normal self... It's already getting out of hand and I need help. I can't discuss this with anyone close to me because they would be so disappointed in me and I might end up getting more hurt emotionally. Please I need help!!!
Hardwork in meditation.
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by bike81(m): 10:23am On Oct 21, 2022
flood every day cry Dear Lord, help them
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by voltron14: 10:34am On Oct 21, 2022
T0BY:
Why not. They should do the needful by completing it so that the flood Will stop. Government that truly care about its citizens don't neglect issues as this.

We should go to a sovereign nation to run a project for them.

1 Like

Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by folake4u(f): 10:36am On Oct 21, 2022
This flood issue is really getting out of hand and it is sad to see.
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by chuk65276: 10:54am On Oct 21, 2022
Flood exhumed dead bodies in delta Nd bayelsa too..Flood exhumed dead bodies in delta Nd bayelsa too.....
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by DaveHarry(m): 11:03am On Oct 21, 2022
madridguy:
May the Almighty bestow them with His mercy and bless each and every person affected by this storm and surround them with your love and protection.
U no well I sure
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by T0BY(m): 11:06am On Oct 21, 2022
I see
voltron14:

We should go to a sovereign nation to run a project for them.
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by Dearlord(m): 11:08am On Oct 21, 2022
arantess:

i dont think government is to blame ooo

other coastal cities world wide will be submerged in due course

What is then the work of Town Planners and Geographers in the country if not for prevention and standard structure in a situation like this

1 Like

Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by Igbodicool(m): 11:10am On Oct 21, 2022
madridguy:
I thought Peter Obi is the cause.

Is the silly, insensitive political propaganda not working again?
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by Horus(m): 11:31am On Oct 21, 2022
Was a flood risk assessment done before building the Federal Medical Centre?. If you’re thinking of building in an area identified as
a flood zone then the risks need to be confronted early
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by arantess: 11:38am On Oct 21, 2022
Dearlord:

What is then the work of Town Planners and Geographers in the country if not for prevention and standard structure in a situation like this
what of well planned cities around the world that are heavily flooded too?

ofcourse town planning can go a long way but that is not enough against natural forces
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by uuzba(m): 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2022
Dididrumz:

Lagdo dam is a completed dam in Cameroon.

Oga, my power don finish for dumb people in this forum.
Just to use phone...
...phone that is already on your hand,
...and just search "Lagdo dam" on google and see that it is a Cameroon dam.
Na, im somebody cannot check before making stupid statement.

1 Like

Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by OVB123: 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

In as much as I agree with you that its a natural disaster, a good geographical/ landscape survey would have indicated flood zone areas which would have been a key factor in determining the location of a critical infrastructure.

I agree its natural, but how was a critical infrastructure of such magnitude got to be erected in a flood zone?
Bayelsa state is 85% wet land, what do you expect?
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by uuzba(m): 12:12pm On Oct 21, 2022
arantess:

what of well planned cities around the world that are heavily flooded too?

ofcourse town planning can go a long way but that is not enough against natural forces
Well, they typically have to work with a budget.
There's no point building structures to prevent flooding, if you still have to wait 10,000 years before the flood actually happens.
But this one of the Lagdo dam in cameroon, it is Nigerian's fault.
Cameroon built theirs since the early 80's and Nigerian government should have visualised this flooding scenario
and built our own damn along the river Benue.
But government in, government out, none of them built anything.
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by Kingnpriest: 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2022
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by mrcompatriot: 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2022
Elsueno:

Shat up B4 I commot ur teeth, The incompetent government refused to build a simple dam that could avert or severely limit this disaster....and here U are defending thier incompetence 4 them as they steal even d money meant to care 4 d victims of thier stup*d*ty ..... Gosh I don't even think I dislike d devil as much as u do Nigerian politicians and their ass leakers.... Metcchw
All this NL people always acting like you know who told you that a dam would have prevented flooding in coastal areas.

1 Like

Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by ofemigeorge(m): 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2022
I fear for Lagos
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by cayorday89(m): 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
yinkus6750:
GEJs hometown. This is terrible. How will patients escape and survive this? Flood this year is something else.
Simply by exercising patience till when govt will do the right thing.
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by Tegabadguy(m): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2022
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by Menclothing: 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2022
Serious
Re: Flood Overtakes Federal Medical Centre Otuoke, Bayelsa (Photo) by lukency(m): 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2022
To say this is serious is an understatement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tips To Get Rid Of Yellow Teeth / Israel Shuts Schools As Pupils & Teachers Contract COVID-19 After Reopening / Beware Of These Banned Food Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.