Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? (8422 Views)

How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN / Do You Still Use MMS In Today's World? / Save money with this Free Android/IOS Messaging (MMS/SMS) App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by lovediehatelive(m): 8:58am On Oct 22, 2022
I received an MMS message from an unknown number asking me to download to open.

Please is it safe to download it?

Should I open it?
Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by Chnbanc: 9:00am On Oct 22, 2022
No try am!!!
Na virus
Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by lovediehatelive(m): 9:07am On Oct 22, 2022
Chnbanc:
No try am!!!
Na virus

JESU!!!
But who go dey behind am?

What could they try to achieve, as in what is their aim?
Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by Chnbanc: 9:07am On Oct 22, 2022
lovediehatelive:

JESU!!!
But who go dey behind am?

What could they try to achieve, as in what is their aim?
how I wan take know?
Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by Zonefree(m): 9:12am On Oct 22, 2022
Chnbanc:
No try am!!!
Na virus
Smh undecided
Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by lovediehatelive(m): 9:14am On Oct 22, 2022
Zonefree:

Smh undecided

Oga, you don experience am before?
Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by Mercury12(m): 11:43am On Oct 22, 2022
No screenshot of what it looks like?
Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by Ethanuella: 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2022
lovediehatelive:

Should I open it?

Don't open, it's likely a plugin.

It was sent to me once and I downloaded it. Long story short, my phone was monitored somehow. Text messages, emails, calls, etc.

I had to restore my phone to factory settings afterwards.
Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by lovediehatelive(m): 2:07pm On Oct 22, 2022
Ethanuella:

It was sent to me once and I downloaded it. Long story short, my phone was monitored somehow. Text messages, emails, calls, etc.

Omo... Make I delete am Sharp Sharp.

But e, could it be sent from someone who knows me and is trying to hack my phone for details about calls, chats, etc
Or sent to random numbers from scammers

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by Enddy50ty(m): 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
Ethanuella:

Exactly what I wanted to say, once you click on the link, everything about your privacy is gone.
They'll monitor your phone from your calls, Whatsapp conversation to to text your money highways, username and password . Everything you have on your phone.
Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by Harry00(m): 7:23pm On Oct 22, 2022
I tried to download the file but it didn't work

Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by lovediehatelive(m): 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2022
Enddy50ty:

Exactly what I wanted to say, once you click on the link, everything about your privacy is gone.
They'll monitor your phone from your calls, Whatsapp conversation to to text your money highways, username and password . Everything you have on your phone.

This is terrible o.

How can we block such?
Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by dustmalik: 8:57pm On Oct 22, 2022
lovediehatelive:

Should I open it?
This has been discussed previously on the thread linked below, and below was my input.

https://www.nairaland.com/7371803/received-notification-phone-message-unable#117360987

dustmalik:
Those whose phone support Google's RCS (Rich Communication Services) and using MTN Sim are the ones receiving those messages.

By the way, MTN now support RCS. With RCS, you can chat using supported text messaging application, like Google messaging app, with other RCS users. This works as an instant messenger using your internet connection, not airtime.

From my observation, it works when the sim is on sim one slot.

You can google and read more about RCS.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by falcon01: 6:50am On Oct 23, 2022
lovediehatelive:

Should I open it?
don't do that! It might be from your girlfriend or friend though but since the number of unknown that's way too risky. But if you are very curious to see the content forward it to an empty phone delete it from yours then open it there. This way even when its get hacked that ain't gonna affect you you can just format the phone.
Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by lovediehatelive(m): 10:32am On Oct 23, 2022
falcon01:
don't do that! It might be from your girlfriend or friend though but since the number of unknown that's way too risky. But if you are very curious to see the content forward it to an empty phone delete it from yours then open it there. This way even when its get hacked that ain't gonna affect you you can just format the phone.

Obob.

Where man wan see empty phone grin

Na to delete am straight away o. Make curiosity no go choke cat again

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by falcon01: 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
lovediehatelive:

Obob.

Where man wan see empty phone grin

Na to delete am straight away o. Make curiosity no go choke cat again
grin lmao
Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by fredie107(m): 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
I receive that unknown sender nonsense almost on a daily basis
Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by Taofiq2005(m): 7:20pm On Oct 23, 2022
lovediehatelive:

Should I open it?
don't download it, it contain malware that can be used to spy on your device and retrieve any information in your(like passwords, messages, contact, apps, phone number), use your microphone to listen to your conversation, use your camera without your knowledge, track you using your gps and can even take control of your phone.
Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by deicon22: 6:24am On Mar 20, 2023
How can I stop it because my trust wallet was emptied some time ago without me doing such
Re: What Should I Do With This Unknown MMS? by Cutiemirror: 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2023
What the meaning of this

(1) (Reply)

Internet Users Decline By 536,346 Subscribers In December / The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone / Are Nigerians Using Their Handsets The Right Way? Lesson From Dana Aircrash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.