Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? (14617 Views)

Buy Food Online In Keffi - Order Food Online - Food Delivery / Order Food Online In Ojo / Order Food Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Alwaysready(m): 11:21am On Oct 24, 2022
Not necessarily ordering online but visiting fast food(Captain Cook,chicken rep ) for better relaxation and better meal .

Anyone who says visiting fast food is bad,let him/her cook and let's compare it to that of Captain Cook and co.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by dapelua(m): 11:21am On Oct 24, 2022
Did you beg for the food...no be buy u buy am. To satisfy your stomach...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by uncleck: 11:22am On Oct 24, 2022
Ok
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:22am On Oct 24, 2022
We dey ever listen?
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by megamank(m): 11:23am On Oct 24, 2022
pocohantas:
Funny question. There were fast goods back in the day na. Mr Biggs and all. Though they were reserved for special seasons.

Currently people are getting busier and lazier too. I used to think I would never use a cleaning service, but after working 45hrs a week, I found myself contacting one.

It takes a lot of time and effort to be make a good meal. So some people would rather focus on what pays the bills and allow petty errands sort themselves out.

I order food when I am tired or just craving something different. I still do all my cooking myself though. I think it is one easy way to cut cost and eat what you are sure of.

Some people are just too lazy or wealthy to spend time and cook a good meal for them selves with fresh items well processed...
Cooking is stressful but all very helpful...
Most of these food we order are basically junks and processed allot of chemical spices that ends up sending us to the hospital in future...
In a summary ordering for food is not so bad but should be seriously limited to only based on necessities

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by fmayodeji1(m): 11:23am On Oct 24, 2022
Order of food, no difference between buying your food and order the food
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by johnnychuks(m): 11:25am On Oct 24, 2022
handsomeyinka:
Our culture is our problem
meaning what now?
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Prismprecious(f): 11:25am On Oct 24, 2022
Because we are disobedient children
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 24, 2022
isaiah4life:
Our moms used to tell us not to accept meals from strangers but now, we order food online without knowing who cooked it.

Why?

I hate to cook.

Sometimes I go hungry, even though I have foodstuffs at home.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 24, 2022
Them go reach another person house them go talk say them no dey chop for outside, say them fit poison them.
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Slynation(m): 11:28am On Oct 24, 2022
isaiah4life:
Our moms used to tell us not to accept meals from strangers but now, we order food online without knowing who cooked it.

Why?
But Mom and Dad normally goes to eatery or isiewu joint back then to eat... cheesy Don't accept food from strangers doesn't mean you shouldn't buy your food...

The logic behind it was that strangers might poison/bewitched you or use the method to kidnap you...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by jaxxy(m): 11:29am On Oct 24, 2022
I hardly do that cos I don't now the source or not just comfortable with it when I have other alternatives closeby also
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by shegzbillionz(m): 11:29am On Oct 24, 2022
Your parents teach u to use nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by GloriousGbola: 11:30am On Oct 24, 2022
isaiah4life:

Why?

why do you talk to complete strangers online when your parents trained you not to do it?

nonsense on a Monday morning

6 Likes

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by InvertedHammer: 11:31am On Oct 24, 2022
isaiah4life:

Why?
/
Cooking is therapeutic.
How can one be lazy or too tired to cook?
Cook, store and warm as needed.
Who cooks everyday?

/
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by LienwaltAbel(m): 11:31am On Oct 24, 2022
Hian. There's a clear difference between a stranger and a professional. Left with me I can't eat in the house of a family member that isn't right with me (most especially after watching Hannibal grin), but professionals are different. They have companies and a reputation at stake, if something happens to you because of their food, thy will be held responsible immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Parachoko: 11:31am On Oct 24, 2022
Basiljoe:
Technology and Evolution don't care about emotions or old ways of doing things.

Evolve or Die.
Word!!
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Reference(m): 11:33am On Oct 24, 2022
isaiah4life:

Why?

Neither will you know who 'cooked' it in a restaurant.
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by iscom(m): 11:33am On Oct 24, 2022
We are developing
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by maasoap(m): 11:33am On Oct 24, 2022
isaiah4life:

Why?

They didn't train you not to, they simply didn't know how to. You were trained to be independent if and when necessary

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by alingo2013(m): 11:34am On Oct 24, 2022
grin I thought I won't be like this too but sometimes I don't feel like eating what I cook

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Slynation(m): 11:34am On Oct 24, 2022
pocohantas:
Funny question. There were fast foods back in the day na. Mr Biggs and all. Though they were reserved for special seasons.

Currently people are getting busier and lazier too. I used to think I would never use a cleaning service, but after working 45hrs a week, I found myself contacting one.

It takes a lot of time and effort to make a good meal. So some people would rather focus on what pays the bills and allow petty errands sort themselves out.

I order food when I am tired or just craving something different. I still do all my cooking myself though. I think it is one easy way to cut cost and eat what you are sure of.
Including Saturday and excluding Sunday, there will be 144 hours a week...

If you are having 8hrs sleep per day, that would be 48hrs of sleep per week... 144 - (48 + 45)

You still have whooping 51hrs to rest per week while holding Sunday constant...

Meaning 45hrs is still stress free... cheesy
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Mutuwa(m): 11:37am On Oct 24, 2022
Mutuwa:
undecided

Aside from the fact that there is good money in food business, however it is laced with some counterproductive aroma not all and sundry can easily see. I recall a family in Abuja where the couples both work. The 5 day routine of waking up early to bathe the kids, have breakfast and drop them off in school and head to work, all before the inevitable holdup spelt untold hardships.

So usually on her way back, she would pick up food for dinner with the level fatigue built up. Problem is you don’t even know the hygiene of the eatery. Forget the packaging ,looks and aroma. It will spell on your health sooner or later.

As the couple got used to eating outside and cooking weekend, they extended such to their weekend as well. A time came when the husband craved for something home, with a touch of natural ingredients. The wife having been comfortable with buying outside rebelled and so it continued.

At some point he met a younger lady in the art of enticing people using her culinary skills. And that was when the wife saw that someone in her husband she never knew.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by SHIVA001: 11:37am On Oct 24, 2022
Because dem dey see food online. one person work na another person consumption cool
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Zane2point4(m): 11:37am On Oct 24, 2022
pocohantas:
Funny question. There were fast foods back in the day na. Mr Biggs and all. Though they were reserved for special seasons.

It takes a lot of time and effort to make a good meal. So some people would rather focus on what pays the bills and allow petty errands sort themselves out.

Always giving honest reviews!
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2022
Yes because they defy the parent guidelines, bad dreams and high death rate is the penalty. By the time you start having bad dreams and you keep praying without answer because you keep ordering for the evil sacrifice you called food
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by entrep88: 11:39am On Oct 24, 2022
isaiah4life:

Why?
Our Parent don't have smartphones then bro, no internet etc. For your information, the moral standard set those days has changed and it is still changing. Many of them has adapted and those of them still stubborn poverty is dealing with them. grin Technology has taken over the world and only those ready for the change are getting it. We virtually order all things now, even sex.
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by jetwonder(m): 11:40am On Oct 24, 2022
grin indomie generation need food on the table
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Originalsly: 11:41am On Oct 24, 2022
isaiah4life:

Why?

Do you go to restaurants? If yes... do you know who cooked the food? Going to a restaurant and ordering food online ... no difference... food cooked by same unknown cook.... the same reason people eat at restaurants is the same reason they order food online.
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Folahub(m): 11:41am On Oct 24, 2022
[color=#990000][/color]
lomprico:
Our parents dint train many of us because when we were under them there was nothing like buying food online.

storespricing.com
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by KennethEnyi(m): 11:43am On Oct 24, 2022
Because cooking is an excruciating task
Also why do u use washing machine when ur hand dey?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

~ Favourite Biscuits/Cookies ?~ / A List Of Some Of Nigeria's Best Food Blogs / Dough Cutters For Chinchin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.