Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,599 members, 7,865,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:21 PM

WhatsApp Is Down Again - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / WhatsApp Is Down Again (323 Views)

Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention / Whatsapp Is About To Stop Working On Windows And Some Android/ios Phones / Whatsapp Is Temporarily Banning ‘gbwhatsapp’ Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WhatsApp Is Down Again by Great100000: 9:02am On Oct 25, 2022
WhatsApp is down again.

Business
Whatsapp Goes Down for Users Across the UK
ByTHE PRESS ASSOCIATION (Martyn Landi, PA Technology Correspondent)
October 25, 2022, 8:47 AM GMT+1
Messaging platform WhatsApp has gone down for users across the UK and around the world.

Many have taken to social media to complain that they are unable to send or receive messages on the popular Meta-owned platform.

After opening the app, users have found that while they can still access their conversations, the app is failing to deliver new messages, or send any that they attempt to send.

A persistent message is showing for many users at the top of the app, saying it is "connecting" to the server, but then appears to fail to do so, leaving users unable to send or receive any messages.

According to the service status website Downdetector, users began reporting issues with WhatsApp at just before 8am on Tuesday morning, with more than 12,000 reports of issues reported to the website by 8.30am.

WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging platforms in the UK and around the world and is estimated to have more than two billion active users globally.

The platform's parent company, Meta, which also owns Facebook and Instagram, has not yet commented on the issue.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-25/whatsapp-goes-down-for-users-across-the-uk?utm_content=bloomberguk&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-bloomberguk&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

1 Like

Re: WhatsApp Is Down Again by Fut9ure: 9:03am On Oct 25, 2022
Yeah you are right
Re: WhatsApp Is Down Again by Great100000: 9:04am On Oct 25, 2022
I even thought it's my phone or network, i have to restart my phone like 2 times and nothing happened grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: WhatsApp Is Down Again by Muhylonaire007: 9:07am On Oct 25, 2022
Lmao... I Don restart my phone like 5 times grin
Re: WhatsApp Is Down Again by Shineoneday: 9:09am On Oct 25, 2022
Lol... I thought it's just me oh
Because I know my internet was good as I could access other platform, then I had to check Twitter to see other persons saying the app is down

That's why I like telegram very reliable
all the messages I sent now are now stuck and undelivered... It's well
Re: WhatsApp Is Down Again by ImoleNaija: 9:12am On Oct 25, 2022
It almost made a fool of me. I kept switching the data connection btw Glo & MTN until I got fed up.
Re: WhatsApp Is Down Again by MrBONE2(m): 9:13am On Oct 25, 2022
I Blame Obidients, cos it is their E-noise pollution that brought it down grin
Re: WhatsApp Is Down Again by MrBONE2(m): 9:14am On Oct 25, 2022
Muhylonaire007:
Lmao... I Don restart my phone like 5 times grin

grin
Re: WhatsApp Is Down Again by talk2hb1(m): 9:20am On Oct 25, 2022
WhatsApp is Down!
I Repeat WhatsApp is Down!!!

(1) (Reply)

Android Call Recorder / I Need Oukitel C17pro Screen / Lost Network On My 9mobile For Hours Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.