Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Fraud By UBA - Advice Needed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fraud By UBA - Advice Needed (513 Views)

Unending Debit Alerts By UBA Group On My Account!!! / Glory Osei Reacts To Accusations Of Fraud By Former Employees / Glory Osei And Muyiwa Folorunsho Accused Fraud By Ex-Employee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud By UBA - Advice Needed by Chicolee(f): 7:59am On Oct 27, 2022
Please I need advice on how to handle this matter.

On the 27th of September, I made a withdrawal at a UBA ATM with my first bank ATM card, I withdrew 10,000 and when I tried to withdraw another 10,000, I was debited but told my financial institution was not available after the ATM held my card for a while, I felt my money will be reversed so I used another ATM there to withdraw another 10,000 so I was debited 30,000 but only paid 20,000, after waiting for days for the money to be returned, I filed a complaint with First Bank, they sent an email saying that the merchant UBA claims the transactions were successful and forwarded a document showing that. They said I should take it up with the merchant UBA. I wrote to UBA and they referred me back to my bank without addressing any of my complaints.

I have forwarded a mail to central bank and I am yet to get a response. I went through the journals and it was written that the transaction was successful. I never got any money from that second withdrawal. I want to know I anyone has had this kind of experience and how they resolved it. I don't understand how UBA can claim they paid me when they clearly didn't, is this not fraud? I will really appreciate any useful advice on how to pursue this matter because I can't lose my hard earned 10k in this harsh economy.
Re: Fraud By UBA - Advice Needed by Chicolee(f): 8:03am On Oct 27, 2022
Please moderators, kindly help me put this on the front page, I need advice urgently.
Re: Fraud By UBA - Advice Needed by Treasure17(m): 8:33am On Oct 27, 2022
Financial institution was not available has to do with network and you were wrongly debited. Quite strange from Firstbank believing what the merchant bank said but was transaction successful on their end (Firstbank)? CBN is your sure bet on this issue, tag them on tweeter, with Firstbank and UBA tweeter handles. ICPC inclusive.
Re: Fraud By UBA - Advice Needed by Treasure17(m): 8:41am On Oct 27, 2022
Chicolee:
Please moderators, kindly help me put this on the front page, I need advice urgently.

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/Supervision/cpdcomgt.asp
Re: Fraud By UBA - Advice Needed by Chicolee(f): 8:47am On Oct 27, 2022
Treasure17:
Financial institution was not available has to do with network and you were wrongly debited. Quite strange from Firstbank believing what the merchant bank said but was transaction successful on their end (Firstbank)? CBN is your sure bet on this issue, tag them on tweeter, with Firstbank and UBA tweeter handles. ICPC inclusive.

Thank you very much.
Re: Fraud By UBA - Advice Needed by slivertongue: 11:48am On Oct 27, 2022
Chicolee:

On the 27th of September, I made a withdrawal at a UBA ATM with my first bank ATM card, I withdrew 10,000 and when I tried to withdraw another 10,000, I was debited but told my financial institution was not available after the ATM held my card for a while, I felt my money will be reversed so I used another ATM there to withdraw another 10,000 so I was debited 30,000 but only paid 20,000, after waiting for days for the money to be returned, I filed a complaint with First Bank, they sent an email saying that the merchant UBA claims the transactions were successful and forwarded a document showing that. They said I should take it up with the merchant UBA. I wrote to UBA and they referred me back to my bank without addressing any of my complaints.

I have forwarded a mail to central bank and I am yet to get a response. I went through the journals and it was written that the transaction was successful. I never got any money from that second withdrawal. I want to know I anyone has had this kind of experience and how they resolved it. I don't understand how UBA can claim they paid me when they clearly didn't, is this not fraud? I will really appreciate any useful advice on how to pursue this matter because I can't lose my hard earned 10k in this harsh economy.

I seem to have similar challenge though with a POS. I made two attempts at withdrawal, the first read error in transaction after waiting for awhile I made another attempt and I was paid only to be debited twice. I want to the POS to get explanations, the operator demanded to see the debit alert which I did. The operator said nothing was received at his own end. I want to UBA to complain and was asked to fill a form and come back after a week. I was given letter to the operator in which they claimed the money is with the operator. UBA also told me the coy will send the operator an email with regards to their findings. I took the letter to the operator but no tangible response. The operator says the money is with the bank. I think CBN should do something about POS operators &bank transactions, the fraud is becoming alarming. My money is yet to be returned after about two months
Re: Fraud By UBA - Advice Needed by Nikkganc08(m): 11:56am On Oct 27, 2022
Chicolee:

Seems like u left d ATM machine to quick.

You see that ATM machine hole where money comes out from?

The maximum most machines allow is 20k.
That's why u got 20k

Or do u think 500k can pass through that hole at once? No.

It must have a limit.

Since u inputted 30k....

The machine would either:

1. Decline the transaction or

2. Pay u 20k then afterwards, 10k.

Maybe after u left there, the machine dispensed an extra 10k

But u were long gone.

And a lucky Nigerian took d money
Re: Fraud By UBA - Advice Needed by Chicolee(f): 5:46pm On Oct 27, 2022
Nikkganc08:

Seems like u left d ATM machine to quick.

You see that ATM machine hole where money comes out from?

The maximum most machines allow is 20k.
That's why u got 20k

Or do u think 500k can pass through that hole at once? No.

It must have a limit.

Since u inputted 30k....

The machine would either:

1. Decline the transaction or

2. Pay u 20k then afterwards, 10k.

Maybe after u left there, the machine dispensed an extra 10k

But u were long gone.

And a lucky Nigerian took d money

I withdrew 10k first, I wanted to withdraw another 10k, I was debited but no cash came out, my card was ejected, I used another ATM in UBA to withdraw another 10k. So it was 3 separate transactions but only 2 was successful.
Re: Fraud By UBA - Advice Needed by ATTAHDYE(m): 7:02pm On Oct 27, 2022
Request for the video footage of the transactions at UBA ATM. The machine keeps a journal of all transactions and matching video/picture footage.

This will show when you collected the money.

If they can't provide the footage, they must refund you your money.
Re: Fraud By UBA - Advice Needed by Chicolee(f): 8:55pm On Oct 27, 2022
ATTAHDYE:
Request for the video footage of the transactions at UBA ATM. The machine keeps a journal of all transactions and matching video/picture footage.

This will show when you collected the money.

If they can't provide the footage, they must refund you your money.

Okay. Thanks for your advice. I'll do that.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria May Delete 0 From Naira Denominations, Go Back In Time / Transfer To My Polaris Bank Account Disappears Hours After Credit Notification. / American Man Could Lose $240 Million After Forgetting Crypto Password!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.