Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,916 members, 7,835,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President (11863 Views)

More Teaching Hospitals Risk Shutdown Over Exodus Of Medical Professionals / COVID-19: Social Distancing Has Failed In Nigeria - Innocent Ujah, NMA President / My Baby's Skin Problem Is Worrisome (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Cmanforall: 2:07pm On Oct 28, 2022
Sad
lanre4411:
Japa level I wish I’m an health practitioner

You'd stay in Nigeria to revive the healthcare
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Reference(m): 2:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
And you will have thought that the laws of demand and supply will spur this indolent government to raise the remunerations and benefits of those who are left to stop the hemorrhaging (no pun intended).

But I won't be surprised if they are glad the doctor/patient ratio is getting as long as the odds between Barcelona beating Barcelona anytime in the near future, as it will afford corrupt officials a windfall in ghost doctor salaries.

This country is in urgent need of chemotherapy.

1 Like

Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Litmus: 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2022
Doctors are not meant to be fleeing, wars, poverty, crime, dilapidation and what not. This idea that Doctors need some sort of enabling environment such as great wages, well equipped hospitals, peace and stability etc most be a modern concept. Doctors and Politicians are public servants. Politicians more so than doctors, sure, but the sentiment is salient.

I have no enduring issues with Doctors leaving for better pay - fine let's leave sentiments out of things - but it is irritating when people try to justify thire leaving based on issues to do with "third worldness".

1 Like

Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Eriokanmi: 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2022
Brendaniel:
When Tribe and religion instead of merit becomes the criteria to choose leaders, these are part of the results...
You've said it all.
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by naijamerican: 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2022
EKONGKING:
Who cares about doctors , we are God blessed in this nation .what God can't do doesn't exists.

Our miracle churches have healed and blessed every body in this country.

UK is godless country ,who might require doctors .

We the great citizens of this country are protected by blood of the God.

See this mumu
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by vee22: 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2022
We have to give them a better working environment and bar them from leaving.
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Mercury12(m): 2:21pm On Oct 28, 2022
IamANigerianMan:
NMA with their propaganda , The only thing me I know medicine can do is Malaria, Typhoid , pain relief and Antibiotic , aside from these 4 tell me another diseases that have cure.... I don't believe in medicine, infact , I don't go to hospital.
just thank God for ur life. U no go see problem.
People that go to hospital don't like to go there too. But they had no choice

1 Like

Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by FireUpNow(m): 2:25pm On Oct 28, 2022
They should all go abroad because of the useless and insensitive govt of APC and Buhari. Times are hard
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by zikter(m): 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2022
OPICANTO2223:
Drs are using this very few japa opportunity to creat relevance. Tell us how many that failed the foreign exam. It will amuse everyone. 600 Nigerian doctors applied and 90 passed. Most of the doctors are doing health assistant oversea.
So how does your assertion dispute the fact that we are short of doctors and our health care system is decaying daily? And please, why do our leaders Japa to treat ear pain, head ache etc if you are trying to dispute this report. One ekwerenmadu is still in prison in UK for the fact that, as a leader, he has no confidence in our health care system
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Otunbakayce: 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2022
Every slowpoke is talking about exodus of health care practitioners even your president and politicians can't do without going abroad for treatment.
You can't stop anyone from going abroad for jobs, even your national assembly of thieves can't.
Keep voting fools on religion and ethnic basis, you all will suffer it one way or the other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Tunjibalogun: 2:44pm On Oct 28, 2022
kurupt1:
Doctors are paid too much in Nigeria..... Very greedy people
What are Drs paid compared to your thieving politicians who steal crude oil to join to their greed.

Make una de get conscience oo

Nobody is well paid in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by naijamerican: 2:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
Nigeria needs to build more medical schools and train more doctors.

1 Like

Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Litmus: 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2022
Perhaps Nigeria should try publicising and fussing over those doctors that choose to remain in Nigeria, working for the positive health needs of Nigerians against all odds.

Continually emphasising Jappanese Doctors neglects the contribution these remaining doctors make to society and encourages them to dream of leaving too.

Encouragement does not have to mean money especially when money is scarce. Publicise these doctors that choose to stay in Nigeria. Award them, consult them in the media, make them celebrity heroes etc...
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Estrella12: 3:06pm On Oct 28, 2022
Hm
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2022
Racoon:

These are the grossly irresponsible leaders zombies are cheering on in this nation? Imagine this collapse & state of emergency in the health sector alone of our national life.

Not to even think of the corresponding collapse of other sectors like security, economy, agriculture,
and other strata of our national life.

What have you to say to this?:
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2022
Ngwamankillyou:
In Biafra they will find home again.

What of this:

Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by OPICANTO2223: 3:37pm On Oct 28, 2022
zikter:
So how does your assertion dispute the fact that we are short of doctors and our health care system is decaying daily? And please, why do our leaders Japa to treat ear pain, head ache etc if you are trying to dispute this report. One ekwerenmadu is still in prison in UK for the fact that, as a leader, he has no confidence in our health care system

It still beat my imagination that every week they will bring it up. Nurses japa 500tiimes more than doctors but you wont hear it.
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by zikter(m): 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2022
OPICANTO2223:

It still beat my imagination that every week they will bring it up. Nurses japa 500tiimes more than doctors but you wont hear it.
I think they need to call attention to it. It is not a good thing that Doctors are leaving the system in that magnitude. And ofcourse, the impact of doctors leaving will put more stress on the system than nurses leaving. I believe the turn over of nurses is far more than that of doctors across our schools. Therefore it is going to be easier to fill nurses gaps than doctors

1 Like

Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by OSESUNATE(m): 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
OPICANTO2223:

There are 3-5 nurses per doctor. Do the maths and see why their exodus is worrisome
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by blank(f): 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
Pay doctors well and you'll not have these issues.

1 Like

Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by CaptainAyub: 4:13pm On Oct 28, 2022
kurupt1:
Doctors are paid too much in Nigeria..... Very greedy people
Sarcasm ba?
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Ngwamankillyou(m): 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2022
Okealaaye:

What of this:

Did your father died during that strike.
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by sowhatifiamibo(m): 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2022
EKONGKING:
Who cares about doctors , we are God blessed in this nation .what God can't do doesn't exists.

Our miracle churches have healed and blessed every body in this country.

UK is godless country ,who might require doctors .

We the great citizens of this country are protected by blood of the God.
Absolute rubbish!! Pure kindergarten trash!! You must be in fantasy world.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Neddstark: 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2022
Theunbothered:
I'm sure Neddstark and other urchins who want to turn doctors into slaves will apply to medical school so we can meet the demand. grin

Your family members dey go babalawo so you are very unbothered. Uncivilized lots.
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Theunbothered: 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2022
IamANigerianMan:
NMA with their propaganda , The only thing me I know medicine can do is Malaria, Typhoid , pain relief and Antibiotic , aside from these 4 tell me another diseases that have cure.... I don't believe in medicine, infact , I don't go to hospital.

When your kidney fails eye go clear
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Theunbothered: 8:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
Neddstark:

Your family members dey go babalawo so you are very unbothered. Uncivilized lots.

How is your NMA application going? grin

I am told several IDP camps in Kogi are in need of doctors, that should be your first point of call.
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Backpedal: 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
Adeolajude:
The truth is everyone cannot go and a country can't go down because of japa as some people are seeing hope in japa other fighters are also seeing the opportunity in staying behind to fill the void japa people left behind..simple truth.

Haiti went to shit because of jaapa
So no think am
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Dirtyyansh: 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
Banking industry & Big four firms are another industry that are worst hit.

If Bobo Chicago enter next year, na God hand we dey cos insecurity would be worse, danfo & agbero will be emboldened.

There would be currency crunch & dearth of infrastructural facilities.
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Bengasyl2: 8:48pm On Oct 28, 2022
superCleanworks:
Not just doctors.
but who do we blame?

Even engineers too o. Effect of bad governance
Re: Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President by Thomthom(m): 9:38pm On Oct 28, 2022
[quote author=kurupt1 post=117942737]Doctors are paid too much in Nigeria..... Very greedy people[/quote

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Question: How Can Moringa Help You Lose Weight? / •get Rid Of Your Fibroids Naturally,hypertension And Kidney Problem / Nigerian Volunteers Return From Ebola-stricken Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.