Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,142 members, 7,811,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? (24848 Views)

If You Buy A New Phone, How Are You Supposed To Charge It? / I Have To Sell This Phone , how much should i pay the buyer (pics) / UBA Transfer Codes On Phone - How To Transfer Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by obembet(f): 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2022
I don't think anybody in this great forum press phone than I do which I believe it as become something else. I can't stay 5 minutes without. Touching my phone.

I have my phone with me at all times and check it hundreds of times a day. From WhatsApp Message to Nairalander to Twitter and so on.

Please my great Nairalanders, help me, how can I reduce this attitude, it becoming something else.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by God1000(m): 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
Me too, especially when I'm not at work

But you need to read books, good books

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by Cubalabloo(m): 5:55pm On Oct 28, 2022
Just smash the goddamn phone and you will have unprecedented peace.

108 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by obembet(f): 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
Cubalabloo:

I must get another within 24hrs

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by Cubalabloo(m): 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2022
obembet:

I must get another within 24hrs
Then you have no problem at all!

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by BuyDomain: 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2022
May God help you.
Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by Massiveglory: 6:13pm On Oct 28, 2022
Please my great Nairalanders, help me, how can I reduce this attitude, it becoming something else.

Vote Podatti. The government of podatti will create an environment where you will be engaged time in more meaningful things.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by GoooodHardDick: 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
We're all addicted to our phones and devices, this is exactly what makes u an analog generation.

At this age, stage and level, Reducing the time you spent on your phone might be impossible, but as you get older and a lot busier, you'll understand why your parents hardly spent time with their phones. Responsibilities makes you busy

181 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2022
undecidedjust delete all apps and games on your phone
and only bemaking calls with it

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by RoyalAutos(m): 8:51pm On Oct 28, 2022
Cubalabloo:

Savage grin

1 Like

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by tuoyoojo(m): 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
Nor be only u get this addiction o

When my fone spoil that year , for about one day I was without a fone

Baba, it was as though a part of me was missing

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by Ekundayo7574(m): 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
Since you're obident that's how they do, causing nuisance with there cheap price phone on social media, useless people

6 Likes

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by brosom(m): 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
If I'm feeling sleepy, no matter how the film/movie sweet reach, I go must drop phone sleep.

My phone addiction no reach were sleep dey undecided.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
Yet you pretend you didn't see Whatsapp messages and reply after an hour. grin

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
obembet:
I don't think anybody in this great forum press phone than I do which I believe it as become something else. I can't stay 5 minutes without. Touching my phone.

I have my phone with me at all times and check it hundreds of times a day. From WhatsApp Message to Nairalander to Twitter and so on.

You are not addicted to your phone. You are addicted to some apps on your phone. Many people don’t know this but many app developers especially social media companies like Facebook, Tiktok, and Snap hire psychologists to socially engineer users to spend more time on their apps.

They develop their apps to stimulate the release of dopamine (the "feel good" hormone) in your body. Dopamine releases when we do things we enjoy (sex, drugs, video games, and of course, using social media).

They back this with powerful algorithms that observe the content you watched/liked and show you more of that content. That's why if you interact with a content from a person, you keep seeing more content from that person and from people (sometimes strangers) similar to that person.

As part of the social engineering process, these social media sites also use things like infinite scrolling (whereby the apps continues loading as you scroll down) instead of requiring you to click to see the next page to further lock you in.

Instagram also uses things like the "Explore" tab, Tiktok uses the "For you" section while Facebook shows you "People you may know" to keep you in their apps. It's not a coincidence that a small part of the photos of the person in the people you may know section shows every single time. It's a subtle hint to force you to scroll left.

All these lead to things like FOMO (fear of missing out), which forces you to check these apps every now and then so you enjoy the latest content as e dey hot and release more dopamine along the way. After spending hours on these apps, you'd then jump to sites like Nairaland to increase your dopamine and also, help you to burn time, so that others would have uploaded new content to the apps you were using.

The solution is simple but technical. Which apps do you use the most? Take note of them, close one eye, and uninstall them. Switch off notifications too. And whenever you find yourself scrolling endlessly again, remember you don’t want to be a victim of social engineering and get out of the apps.

146 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by Akwaibomdude(m): 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
Ok
Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by calculator123(m): 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
Start supporting Messi, the one and only true GOAT. E go cure your addiction.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by optimistcandyboy(m): 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
sieze the phone for one month, i want to check something
Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by Skyfornia(m): 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
You are lonely..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by uncleck: 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
Since phones started coming with big and long lasting batteries, phone addiction has become widespread. Me for instance, if I don't reply your WhatsApp message within 2 minutes, know that it's deliberate. Well I don't feel concerned as far as it doesn't get in the way of my productivity.

But what would have people like me without partners and living alone do without Smart phone?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by CountVersailles(f): 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
Go and get a real job. That will help you. It seems to me you are just jobless and have no work to do. By the time work hit you left, right and center, you will forget your phone for a while.

10 Likes

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by karsey: 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
Na normalz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by Emma1Oj(m): 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
69% of pple round the world are addicted to their phones. Including you that paste this here.

So it a norm.. abi do you prefer her jumping from one club to another?

1 Like

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by Starz825(m): 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
Hope you dey make money with am sha? cheesy

Come ..
...this one wey your thread dey always hit front page...
..he be like na you dey date seun abi? grin

The other time na fish
Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by Olam09(m): 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2022
Smash your phone to the ground.. undecided
Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by Legalcriminal: 8:54pm On Oct 28, 2022
obembet:

Not really cuz the only time my phone rest is when I’m sleeping from Playing Call of duty, bomb some website, 8ball pools, iMessage games Twitter trend, Nairaland update in fact it’s very long.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by RuddyFusion(m): 8:54pm On Oct 28, 2022
Hellooo
Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by Greenscientist: 8:54pm On Oct 28, 2022
Everybody is

1 Like

Re: I’m Addicted To My Phone. How Can I Reduce It? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 28, 2022
If you are always online to make money, connect with people to increase your knowledge bank etc. Then it's a good thing.

However if you use to come on Nairaland, Twitter etc to argue with strangers, I'll say it's a bad addiction, especially if you use it to just zombie scroll through ticktock, Instagram and snap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nokia 3310(4G) Review / >>>||Android HD Games Swap Centre||<<< / Samsung Galaxy S9 Specification, Price And Release Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.