Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report (27476 Views)

Nigerian Man Challenges Pastor Who Contracted Him To Give Fake Prophecies (Pix) / Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrines And Fake Prophecies? / Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by ISTP: 8:02am On Oct 29, 2022
Online news platform, Foundation for Investigative Journalism, has revealed how fake prophesies were allegedly given by clerics of the Eternal Sacred Order of Cherubim and Seraphim on Pearse Street, Yaba, Lagos.

Disguising as someone in need of ‘divine help’, the FIJ journalist had approached the branch of the church in February 2022 and sought help.

Describing his arrival at the church, he said, “It is unclear why the gatekeepers at ‘national headquarters’ of the Eternal Sacred Order of Cherubim and Seraphim on Pearse Street, Yaba, Lagos, are so unwelcoming when we arrive in the morning of the second day after the famous Valentine’s Day, but one of them parks us grudgingly, anyway.

Madu Chiboka, the Prophet we had been conversing with, tells us on the phone that a “senior prophet” would attend to us in a matter of minutes. The wait for him inside the church gifts me a few minutes to run my eyes through the auditorium.

“It is not the biggest church you’ll ever see. But I count deep brown pews studiously arranged in 13 rows and four columns, meaning, technically, that the ground floor can sit at least 312 congregants per time if six occupy a pew. There are three more pews at the rear but they are not arranged to fit into the rows; my hunch is that they’re reserved for in-service protocol officials.”

The FIJ report released in October revealed how the prophets (altogether) gave about 15 alleged fake prophesies.

FAKE PROPHECY 1: ‘YOU ARE NOT MOVING FORWARD’

“My dear son,” he says, facing me. “Look [at] what you’re doing.”

He makes the motion of someone who takes a few steps forwards and several more backwards.

“You are not moving forward,” he tells me. “Instead, you are marking time. Even if you’re given N1 million, you’ll squander it,” the Senior Prophet at the church, whose name was not given had said.

FAKE PROPHECY 2: ‘YOU BREAK UP, THEN RETURN TO YOUR EXES’

“You thought you were enjoying; now the ants are biting you. Thank God you have not yet entered into your afternoon (figurative for middle-age) — you are still within your morning (figurative for youth) — and you’re about to enter your afternoon, otherwise the ants would have bitten you beyond recognition,” the prophet was quoted to have said.

He said the Senior Prophet explained that these forces “wanted to use me to shame my family.”

“For example, this girl will come, slight quarrel, you leave her. You date another one and leave her. But when the first comes back, you go to her, returning to your vomit,” he says. “It’s a force that was cast to disgrace your family, and you’re allowing it. You say it’s ‘guy’ (slang for youthful exuberance); it’s not guy; you’re deteriorating yourself,” he quoted the prophet to have said.

Reacting in his story, he said the prophecy was false. “This prophecy is wrong on several fronts. I do not have an active dating life in recent memory. In the last six years, I have only had one-and-a-half relationships — with people I have completely lost touch with, meaning the chance of getting back was never on the cards. And in the preceding years, there was no ex I ever got back with! The prophecy in particular was a pure invention,” the FIJ journalist said.

He listed other prophecies, said to be fake, as proclaimed by the clerics, as: ‘YOU ARE BEING MOCKED’, ‘SEX IN YOUR DREAMS’, ‘PRISON AROUND JUNE, JULY’, ‘YOU’RE IN CHAINS’, ‘YOU ARE A CULTIST’, ‘YOU MADE A PROMISE’, ‘AN INVITATION TO HERBALISTS’, ‘IF YOU TRAVEL, AN ACCIDENT WILL HAPPEN’, and ‘YOUR MOTHER IS NOT HAPPY WITH YOU.

The journalist noted that the prophecies were false, as he even did some of the things he was warned against and there was no repercussion. Reacting to the prophecy about him travelling and getting involved in an accident, the journalist said, “Another fake prophecy. Actually, I did not listen to Prophet Johnson. I did embark on that trip and returned to base without even a scratch on my car, much less an accident.”

He also said he never saw any trace of being jailed as said by the prophet.

“This prophecy was made in February. It is now October and at no time was there ever a prison scare this year. Not in June, not in July,” the FIJ founded by Fisayo Soyombo reported.

https://punchng.com/how-nigerian-prophets-gave-15-fake-prophecies-report/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by ISTP: 8:06am On Oct 29, 2022
Nairalanders, share your experience with false prophesies.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by FalseProphet1(m): 10:33am On Oct 29, 2022
Thank God that everyone here on Nairaland can bear me witness that all the prophecies I've given so far have all come to pass.

Tho I have seen.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by Brendaniel: 10:34am On Oct 29, 2022
It is well
Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by Ekenev2(m): 10:34am On Oct 29, 2022
It is only a simpleton that listen to prophesies by the so called, and self-proclaimed men of God littered everywhere in Nigeria.

But funny enough most Nigerians, especially the ladies are extremely gullible, less critical and analytical in thinking, and believe their men of God more than their own self. They are far from ENLIGHTENMENT and use of simple logic.

There has been incessant flooding in Nigeria this year and most of these charlatans who call themselves men of God did not see it coming. Yet the white men who we claim does not know God has devised technology to detect changes in climate and weather and take proactive measures.

What do Africans do? Pray and pray so that God will send the flood and calamities away!!

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by WiszyFraud: 10:34am On Oct 29, 2022
Did you know??

Don’t share your weakness with random people, you never know who is going to use it against you.

lipsrsealed

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by waterpouroverfl: 10:35am On Oct 29, 2022
??
Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by othermen: 10:35am On Oct 29, 2022
False prophets are not the property of any one denomination.

If you seek to find corruption in the Vatican, you will find such there.

Finding such, shouldn’t invalidate the effort of countless others and perhaps many more, who are honest and endeavoring to be true to their own God.

The intent of the reporter is not to expose what was prevalent in the church. As It’s not news worthy or agenda worthy, an indication that before encountering such rogues, there were perhaps others who were only forthcoming and genuine in their concerns about the issues he claim to be bedeviled. They did not pretend to have a more superior awareness. Now, such people were not sought nor reported about, only those that sustain or assures the hypothesis of the investigation.

Is the investigation good for us or for our knowledge Certainly. Certainly, there is no warning in the report, that is not already in most religious teachings. The Bible for instance, fervently warns about false prophets and admonishes us to test every spirit.

Is the investigation good for the church of God? Hopefully. Hopefully, the leadership at the identified churches can implement controls to remove the wolves that we think are shepherds.

In the vineyard of God, we should find such prophets that are wolves; and while they increase daily, we are yet, duty bound as Christians to pray for our churches and prophets than we should participate in the mockery of the church or its prophets. So while you assimilate this, do remember too, that your responsibility also involves participating in the elimination of such.

Finally, one should not abandon the church to the lots or flee from the church in a bid to flee from such false prophets; for those who truly are endeared to God and the teachings of the Bible, it’s easy to stay and fight and defend the church while acknowledging that the Bible already warned, that false prophets in the vineyard of God shall abound, but they that know the lord shall not fall victims.

Again, these churches also have good and honest prophets too.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by ecolime(m): 10:35am On Oct 29, 2022
Fake Prophets, Fake Bishops, etc. These scammers are doing it for their bellies.

Don't be deceived folks.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by englishmart(m): 10:35am On Oct 29, 2022
I don't know who needs to hear this, and I don't care. More than 99.99% of pastors in Africa, Nigeria especially are fraudsters, swindlers and grifters. Using religion to beguile the irritatingly gullible ones.

I attended a service on Sunday. During the service the pastor called for fund raising. He started from 100k, gradually he got to my level 5k.
Everybody stood according to how much they were contributing. 100k donors were asked to stand on the altar for special prayers, while those ones for 5-20k were briskly prayed for.
The pastor prayed specially for those ones who donated higher sums like he's in charge of blessing distribution.

Believe those charlatans at your stvpid peril

69 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by ugodson(m): 10:36am On Oct 29, 2022
These people are just here playing guessing game. Believe this people at your own risk
Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by phransix2: 10:36am On Oct 29, 2022
Them no dey use clear eye go Cele... Either something dey pursue you or you dey pursue something

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by Franking: 10:36am On Oct 29, 2022
They clueless scammers. Believe them at your peril.

3 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by hopefulLandlord: 10:36am On Oct 29, 2022
Non C&S Christians would use this opportunity to criticise the C&S doctrine and church; they would fail to realise their church too has lots of failed prophecies

Brendaniel:
Some Prophecies can also be changed, so you don't call a prophecy fake just because it did not come to pass

The classic copout. The prophecy always wins. if it happens then they're real. if it doesn't happen then they were changed. which means I, an atheist, can become a prophet right now by just guessing. wether it happens or not I win either way

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by Maynman: 10:36am On Oct 29, 2022
What do you expect when they read storybooks.
Instead of “Isaiah” to write about the future, they were writing in the future bwahahahah

4 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by oka4ugoo: 10:36am On Oct 29, 2022
As far as religion is concern, is either you use ur head or they use am for you. grin grin grin

Do you gerrit, if you don't gerrit forget abt it.

12 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by Thatedoboy98: 10:37am On Oct 29, 2022
Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by Dshocker(m): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2022
I believe in God, but the problem is that all churches in Nigeria are fake....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by Goldmyner: 10:37am On Oct 29, 2022
Lol
Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by WibusJaga: 10:37am On Oct 29, 2022

Don't be deceived; any prophecy that does not align with the Scriptures or instills Fear rather than Faith is of the devil.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by oluwaseyi0: 10:39am On Oct 29, 2022
H
Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by Mindlog: 10:40am On Oct 29, 2022
They are hustlers, looking for clients to dupe

10 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by Kollabo419: 10:40am On Oct 29, 2022
Nna mehnn..

This is bullshit

They say forecasting bet 9ja game 2 sure odds is a Sin

How come forecasting a futuristic event isn’t ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by theophorus(m): 10:40am On Oct 29, 2022
As you Waka na so you go see.
You dey research Prophet and how true their 'prophecy' is... You better find better work do and stop capping nonsense.

But then, at least according to your claim, people wen follow am go know where not to go.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by dinkyicon: 10:42am On Oct 29, 2022
its very simple...prophecies can be changed by our action

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Prophets Gave 15 Fake Prophecies – Report by ozone0801(m): 10:42am On Oct 29, 2022
Brendaniel:
Some Prophecies can also be changed, so you don't call a prophecy fake just because it did not come to pass,

Read the bible and see examples before you come to argue....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Visits Aso Villa (photos) / Methodist Church Ordains Nkechi Nwosu, First Female Bishop In Nigeria (Photos) / Olokun Great Goddess Of The Sea ~ Worship, Divinations, Initiations, Invocations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.