Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? (4981 Views)

Meet 22-Year-Old Lexie Alford Who Has Travelled To Every Country In The World / Nigeria Vs Lesotho: LASTMA Releases Travel Advisory / Onikan, Lagos Is The 3rd Coolest Neighborhood In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Farfalla(f): 4:43pm On Oct 30, 2022
grandstar:

It does export textiles.

And also exports water to SA. Water is one of Lesotho's biggest exports.

@ topic, it's a very beautiful country.

1 Like

Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by grandstar(m): 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
Farfalla:

And also exports water to SA. Water is one of Lesotho's biggest exports.

@ topic, it's a very beautiful country.

But it's underpaid for it as the supply contract was in South African Rand which has lost a lot of value over the years.

In South Africa, it estimated that 1 job is created for every 8 tourist that visits the country. South Africa's per capita income is $6,000. Lesotho with about $1,500 should be able to create a job from every 2 visitors.

If it just aimed to get half a million visitors a year to the country, there'll be an economic boom. The country is very beautiful. If advertised as Africa's Switzerland, it will lead to a rush of tourists. Since the country is within South Africa, package tours can include it.

However, overdependence on tourism can be dangerous. That's a lesson from Sri Lanka. It has a flourishing textile sector. It should do more to encourage more investors. It can also promote itself as a tax haven and introduce policies to achieve this. South African investors would rush in if they've not done so already.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by folake4u(f): 6:51pm On Oct 30, 2022
The pictures are beautiful. kiss kiss

Future Loml take note.
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Farfalla(f): 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2022
grandstar:

But it's underpaid for it as the supply contract was in South African Rand which has lost a lot of value over the years.

In South Africa, it estimated that 1 job is created for every 8 tourist that visits the country. South Africa's per capita income is $6,000. Lesotho with about $1,500 should be able to create a job from every 2 visitors.

If it just aimed to get half a million visitors a year to the country, there'll be an economic boom. The country is very beautiful. If advertised as Africa's Switzerland, it will lead to a rush of tourists. Since the country is within South Africa, package tours can include it.

However, overdependence on tourism can be dangerous. That's a lesson from Sri Lanka. It has a flourishing textile sector. It should do more to encourage more investors. It can also promote itself as a tax haven and introduce policies to achieve this. South African investors would rush in if they've not done so already.

Thanks for this analysis. I have learnt one or two new things today from your post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2022
[quote author=rinzylee post=117992770][/quote]

If for example, you decide to WALK from south Africa or Tanzania to Egypt by foot, you will continuously descend down the slope because the hills in the southern Africa are the highest in the world.

But Egypt is called the North Africa, that's my confusion.
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
etrange:

Hhmm... It is comments like yours that make it very obvious Africans don't have a clue how anything works. We just sit back, theorize and start complaining baser on our theories.

Life expectancy is a simple calculation that anyone that did basic statistics can do. It is calculated by drawing up a cohort table (assuming you're not using the period life approach). In summary, a cohort table shows the probability of death at each age. The cohort probability is calculated using observed mortality in the current year and then project it by adding 1 to it for each future year in order to consider possible improvements. This is called a projection (which is different from forcast). It doesn't mean people will die at that age. It means that when all deaths in that year for a certain demography are considered, the average is likely to be near that figure. So nobody is injecting anybody just to meet up with numbers.

The mere fact that an expectancy report is obligated to use the same approach for all countries under consideration means it is a faire game regardless of the associated uncertainty.

The likelihood of death is affected by many factors some of which wealth could help to mitigate against. Others like air quality, communicable illnesses, natural disaster, etc might not be within the control of the rich man.

I appreciate your point, but if you eventually leave Nigeria for anywhere, don't start a response with "use your brain". At least, not when you're clearly not fighting with the other party.

Of course, no one lives forever, but everyone wants to live long. And if the factors that cut short our lives can be avoided by staying away from certain places, I'm sure we'd consider doing that just to shy away from that likelihood. Like I explained to the guy above, life expectancy is a statistical report based on numbers. There are people that live longer than the projected average (the higher the mean deviation, the higher the chances of this happening). However, as we say, numbers may not be certain, but they don’t lie.

You didn't outline the basic factors that are reliable in determining the life expectancy according to your foreign laid approach.

But this is common sense, it doesn't require any foreign approach.

The basic building block of life is nutrition, no matter how advanced a nation is, if it's populace isn't feeding on healthy diet, they are likely to die young.

I once met a Polish lady in Lagos who smokes regularly and I ask her why is she smoking nonstop, she said that she is going through a lot (in short) but I tried to let her know the dangers in smoking and she quiet agreed and told me bluntly that she knows she would die young ( this is a girl of 24).

We all know that the food in the American, Canada and Europe are all GMO's. Now GMO'S as we know is a determining factor for the life expectancy of an individual as its composition is reliable. Coupled with Their smoking and drinking habits.

You can't go to America and brag that you eat healthier than someone in My village who feeds on nature.

On the other hand accidents do occur which is obtainable all over the world and it's severe in advanced nations. Imagine Gun and knife violence all over America and Europe.

Also there are inadequate health systems which could be a factor to, but that is also obtainable in developed nations as not everyone there has a valid health insurance.

That's why I still holds my stand that except person's have been injected with certain vaccines that depletes the life of human, no professor in the world can prove to me that the life expectancy in my village should be way less than person's in America or Europe
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 30, 2022
begoniaa:
Persepho ne1, let's go on a girls' trip here. smiley
Lol...the place fine well well but that cold ehn cheesy cheesy . I can't stand cold oo lipsrsealed
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by etrange: 10:29pm On Oct 30, 2022
MissLAP:

You didn't outline the basic factors that are reliable in determining the life expectancy according to your foreign laid approach.

But this is common sense, it doesn't require any foreign approach.

The basic building block of life is nutrition, no matter how advanced a nation is, if it's populace isn't feeding on healthy diet, they are likely to die young.

I once met a Polish lady in Lagos who smokes regularly and I ask her why is she smoking nonstop, she said that she is going through a lot (in short) but I tried to let her know the dangers in smoking and she quiet agreed and told me bluntly that she knows she would die young ( this is a girl of 24).

We all know that the food in the American, Canada and Europe are all GMO's. Now GMO'S as we know is a determining factor for the life expectancy of an individual as its composition is reliable. Coupled with Their smoking and drinking habits.

You can't go to America and brag that you eat healthier than someone in My village who feeds on nature.

On the other hand accidents do occur which is obtainable all over the world and it's severe in advanced nations. Imagine Gun and knife violence all over America and Europe.

Also there are inadequate health systems which could be a factor to, but that is also obtainable in developed nations as not everyone there has a valid health insurance.

That's why I still holds my stand that except person's have been injected with certain vaccines that depletes the life of human, no professor in the world can prove to me that the life expectancy in my village should be way less than person's in America or Europe

<deviation>
You are comparing your village with North America. Unfortunately, Nigeria isn't just your village alone. Even the North is Nigeria and the death rate there must also be considered. Even in the absence of that, is it by food alone? What is the health care system in your village? How good are the nursing homes in your village? Does the government of your village provide for the elderly? What are the work safety measures taken by farmers in your village? Are your village people even educated enough to stop people with unmatched blood groups from getting married? How clean is the water in your village? If Covid-19 breaks out, is your village more equipped to handle it than Canada is? If your village is in Borno, do you think the terrorists there cares about what you eat before killing you? How good is your security system? How good are the roads in your village? What is the crime rate?
</deviation>

The starting point for calculating life expectancy is the age-specific death rates in the region. Expectancy analysis is, therefore, a statistical calculation that is far more reliable than [i]"we eat moi moi, therefore we think we'd live longer".
It is based on observable data over given a period of time. Even if everyone in Canada eat black chemicals as food, if the number of registered deaths for a group of related people in a given year is lower than what you have in Lesotho for that year, it's going alter the expectancy projection for any report that uses that year as a base. The argument is not whether region A eats better food than region B or not, it is rather "with all factors considered, this is the actual death rate of people at this given age gotten from REAL DEATHS" We are talking of actual numbers here, and not guess work.

Just like people get birth certificates, they also get death certificates. When the number of deaths certificates and birth certificates compared with the difference in population census between two periods agree, it gives a fairly accurate deaths rate in the country. The deaths are analyzed using cohort analysis techniques. The number dead people of the same age/gender are smoothened out using the Gompertz function, and the assumption is made that in the year of death, the person lived for 6 months (12/1). These data is fed to the expectancy formula (which you could easily Google) to get your result. The good thing is that you don’t even need to know the calculation cause most data science frameworks have built-in libraries that only take the input and give you the expectancy results. A good example is Heavy.AI.

How do you think projections are made? How do you think sales forcasts are made? Just mere speculations? You really think businesses and countries make futuristic decisions based on guts and intuition? It's OK if you don't know something because it is not your field, but it is ridiculous if you're presented with knowledge and you reject it because you have knotted your mind around ignorance. If statistics and data science aren't OK and you prefer common sense, then you should at least know that in a given year, 2% of Canadians died after the age 60 and 8% of Mosothos died before that age, that the probability of dying before 60 is higher in Lesotho. If I give you a data table that shows these figures, would you say "no, in Lesotho, they eat good food so the probation is wrong?"

I don't know how else to explain it to you.
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 30, 2022
etrange:

<deviation>
You are comparing your village with North America. Unfortunately, Nigeria isn't just your village alone. Even the North is Nigeria and the death rate there must also be considered. Even in the absence of that, is it by food alone? What is the health care system in your village? How good are the nursing homes in your village? Does the government of your village provide for the elderly? What are the work safety measures taken by farmers in your village? Are your village people even educated enough to stop people with unmatched blood groups from getting married? How clean is the water in your village? If Covid-19 breaks out, is your village more equipped to handle it than Canada is? If your village is in Borno, do you think the terrorists there cares about what you eat before killing you? How good is your security system? How good are the roads in your village? What is the crime rate?
</deviation>

The starting point for calculating life expectancy is the age-specific death rates in the region. Expectancy analysis is, therefore, a statistical calculation that is far more reliable than [i]"we eat moi moi, therefore we think we'd live longer".
It is based on observable data over given a period of time. Even if everyone in Canada eat black chemicals as food, if the number of registered deaths for a group of related people in a given year is lower than what you have in Lesotho for that year, it's going alter the expectancy projection for any report that uses that year as a base. The argument is not whether region A eats better food than region B or not, it is rather "with all factors considered, this is the actual death rate of people at this given age gotten from REAL DEATHS" We are talking of actual numbers here, and not guess work.

Just like people get birth certificates, they also get death certificates. When the number of deaths certificates and birth certificates compared with the difference in population census between two periods agree, it gives a fairly accurate deaths rate in the country. The deaths are analyzed using cohort analysis techniques. The number dead people of the same age/gender are smoothened out using the Gompertz function, and the assumption is made that in the year of death, the person lived for 6 months (12/1). These data is fed to the expectancy formula (which you could easily Google) to get your result. The good thing is that you don’t even need to know the calculation cause most data science frameworks have built-in libraries that only take the input and give you the expectancy results. A good example is Heavy.AI.

How do you think projections are made? How do you think sales forcasts are made? Just mere speculations? You really think businesses and countries make futuristic decisions based on guts and intuition? It's OK if you don't know something because it is not your field, but it is ridiculous if you're presented with knowledge and you reject it because you have knotted your mind around ignorance. If statistics and data science aren't OK and you prefer common sense, then you should at least know that in a given year, 2% of Canadians died after the age 60 and 8% of Mosothos died before that age, that the probability of dying before 60 is higher in Lesotho. If I give you a data table that shows these figures, would you say "no, in Lesotho, they eat good food so the probation is wrong?"

I don't know how else to explain it to you.

Please always quote with facts and not statistical compromised data.

Food

If the life expectancy of Canadians are higher than people in my village then it means that Canadians are well feed but why do Nigerians come home to pack local food items for consumption over there, abi Don't they like the good Canadian meal?, Abi you no like good meal?

Your third leg will never stand after consuming their GMO's for a month. And who told you that there's no native cure for COVID-19?

Life style

The rate at which people smoke/ take alcoholic drinks in those temperate regions is even enough to say that life expectancy should be less than 40 in those areas

Tech.

We all know the negative effects of staying in developed regions, exposure to deadly radiations from your homes to the streets and offices is a killer.

Security/violence

We all know how politics have been used to kill the effort in tackling terrorism in Nigeria and Africa aside that, America has the world deaths resulting from insecurity and street violence. Because western media are full of biased news that's why you don't get to know this
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by etrange: 12:57am On Oct 31, 2022
MissLAP:

Please always quote with facts and not statistical compromised data.

Food

If the life expectancy of Canadians are higher than people in my village then it means that Canadians are well feed but why do Nigerians come home to pack local food items for consumption over there, abi Don't they like the good Canadian meal?, Abi you no like good meal?

Your third leg will never stand after consuming their GMO's for a month. And who told you that there's no native cure for COVID-19?

Life style

The rate at which people smoke/ take alcoholic drinks in those temperate regions is even enough to say that life expectancy should be less than 40 in those areas

Tech.

We all know the negative effects of staying in developed regions, exposure to deadly radiations from your homes to the streets and offices is a killer.

Security/violence

We all know how politics have been used to kill the effort in tackling terrorism in Nigeria and Africa aside that, America has the world deaths resulting from insecurity and street violence. Because western media are full of biased news that's why you don't get to know this

Oh lord, what am I dealing with here. How does life expectancy mean the people are well fed? What is the fact, your debate about the effects of technology? You really prefer to argue with speculations and opinions like some art student Even in the presence of well documented data? Here is a simple question, what is the death rate in Nigeria according to whatever source you trust? What is the death rate in Canada according to that same source? I'm telling you that regardless of everything typed up there, the actual number of deaths of people within a given age group is the only fact uses to calculate expectancy in order to eliminate subjectivity.

There's no way I can sit down and be discussing food, etc when there are figures. Deaths are registered when they happen. So even if all the factors you typed are true, the numbers still show higher mortality rate in Nigeria than Canada according all sources both foreign and local. So what exactly are you arguing about? Instead of this argument, you should be discussing why the mortality rate is higher in Nigeria despite your "good food".

1 Like

Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 2:44am On Oct 31, 2022
etrange:

Oh lord, what am I dealing with here. How does life expectancy mean the people are well fed? What is the fact, your debate about the effects of technology? You really prefer to argue with speculations and opinions like some art student Even in the presence of well documented data? Here is a simple question, what is the death rate in Nigeria according to whatever source you trust? What is the death rate in Canada according to that same source? I'm telling you that regardless of everything typed up there, the actual number of deaths of people within a given age group is the only fact uses to calculate expectancy in order to eliminate subjectivity.

There's no way I can sit down and be discussing food, etc when there are figures. Deaths are registered when they happen. So even if all the factors you typed are true, the numbers still show higher mortality rate in Nigeria than Canada according all sources both foreign and local. So what exactly are you arguing about? Instead of this argument, you should be discussing why the mortality rate is higher in Nigeria despite your "good food".

I have given you facts which are possible cause of death at any age range in a given continent and you could see clearly that the temperate regions are at a disadvantage because even the weather is enough to tell you that survival there is a gamble. I don't believe in your statistical narratives because Nigeria doesn't even have any accurate data of itself to rely on, so keep your false accumulated data one side.

The only thing that takes the life of Nigerians today in quantifiable sum are Fulani herdsmen which is led by Buhari.
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:49am On Oct 31, 2022
MissLAP:

If for example, you decide to WALK from south Africa or Tanzania to Egypt by foot, you will continuously descend down the slope because the hills in the southern Africa are the highest in the world.

But Egypt is called the North Africa, that's my confusion.

By starting in either country and walking towards Egypt, you would either be walking North(SA) or North West (Tanzania). Terrain doesn’t matter, directions and locations are according to directions on a compass. Egypt is in the Northern part of Africa and North of the countries you named.
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 2:51am On Oct 31, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

By starting in either country and walking towards Egypt, you would either be walking North(SA) or North West (Tanzania). Terrain doesn’t matter, directions and locations are according to directions on a compass. Egypt is in the Northern part of Africa and North of the countries you named.

How can the northern part of a continent be located on a lowland?
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 2:55am On Oct 31, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Even Russia that is referred to as the king of the north is not even as up the hills in Tanzania, meaning that Russia is at a lower elevation to Tanzania.
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:57am On Oct 31, 2022
MissLAP:

How can the northern part of a continent be located on a lowland?

Altitude and compass direction/location are not dependent on each other.
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:59am On Oct 31, 2022
MissLAP:

Even Russia that is referred to as the king of the north is not even as up the hills in Tanzania, meaning that Russia is at a lower elevation to Tanzania.

Russia is North of Tanzania in Eurasia which is North of the African continent. The elevation of a country has nothing to do with its coordinates.
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 3:01am On Oct 31, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Altitude and compass direction/location are not dependent on each other.

So if I'm standing on a hill and you are at the bottom of thesame hill, what coordinate am I?
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:05am On Oct 31, 2022
MissLAP:

So if I'm standing on a hill and you are at the bottom of the hill, what coordinate am I?

You are at a higher altitude than I am but we are on the same hill, in the same geographic location. Height/altitude and direction are not the same thing.
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 3:09am On Oct 31, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

You are at a higher altitude than I am but we are on the same hill, in the same location. Height or altitude and direction are not the same thing.
Ok, so if I'm standing in Tanzania which is clearly higher than Russia in altitude and you are standing in Russia. How do you describe such coordinate.

Please note that we both are on same earth crust (stone in layman)
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:11am On Oct 31, 2022
MissLAP:

Ok, so if I'm standing in Tanzania which is clearly higher than Russia in altitude and you are standing in Russia. How do you describe such coordinate.

Please note that we both are on same earth crust(stone)

I’m higher North on the Earth in a country with low elevation while you’re further south on the Earth in a country with high elevation.
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 3:16am On Oct 31, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I’m higher North on the Earth in a country with low elevation while you’re further south on the Earth in a country with high elevation.

So that correlates with the picture you see as the world map?
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:17am On Oct 31, 2022
MissLAP:

So that correlates with the picture you see as the world map?

It correlates with the directions on a compass.
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 31, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

It correlates with the directions on a compass.

But when you say North, you simply mean something above a particular point right?
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:22am On Oct 31, 2022
MissLAP:

But when you say North, you simply mean something above a particular point right?

When I say North I’m referring to magnetic North, the compass direction.
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 3:38am On Oct 31, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

When I say North I’m referring to magnetic North, the compass direction.

Don't you think it's why dey claimed that the earth is spherical so to place Africa in such position on the globe.

Because if you follow those guys at the int'l space station, what they see with the naked eye from that altitude is Africa only
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:53am On Oct 31, 2022
MissLAP:

Don't you think it's why dey claimed that the earth is spherical so to place Africa in such position on the globe.

Because if you follow those guys at the int'l space station, what they see from that altitude is Africa only

No, I don’t.
Altitude is height. The height of something would make it more visible from space since things like mountains are higher in the sky and nearer to the Earth’s atmosphere while North is the direction that is closest to the top of the Earth. Mount Everest (Asia) is higher than Mount Kilimanjaro (Tanzania) and Mount Everest is more visible from space than Mount Kilimanjaro. Asia is East of Africa. If what you’re saying was true that would mean that Asia is North of Africa, which it isn’t.
If what you’re saying was accurate, water would enter the Niger River from the Atlantic, flow North through the Gulf of Guinea, up through the Nigerian Delta and the rest of Nigeria before continuing to flow up through Niger before flowing up through Mali but it doesn’t. The Niger River flows South through Nigeria and empties into the Atlantic.
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 4:12am On Oct 31, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

No, I don’t.
Altitude is height. The height of something would make it more visible from space since things like mountains are higher in the sky and nearer to the Earth’s atmosphere while North is the direction that is closest to the top of the Earth. Mount Everest (Asia) is higher than Mount Kilimanjaro (Tanzania) and Mount Everest is more visible from space than Mount Kilimanjaro. Asia is East of Africa. If what you’re saying was true that would mean that Asia is North of Africa, which it isn’t.
If what you’re saying was accurate, water would enter the Niger River from the Atlantic, flow North through the Gulf of Guinea, up through the Nigerian Delta and the rest of Nigeria before continuing to flow up through Niger before flowing up through Mali but it doesn’t. The Niger River flows South through Nigeria and empties into the Atlantic.

Anyway I'm still not convinced because I heard her clearly from the int'l space station. When she looked with her naked eye she could only see Africa, at least she should have seen the countries in the north pole first (America, Europe and part of Asia)

Regarding river flows I think you should revisit the flow of rivers again because with the ongoing flood in the south show's that Nigeria is at a lower elevation compared to Cameroun. That was why all the water entered Nigeria through the south and heading to kogi.

Again this also proves that if you walk from the southern part of Africa to Nigeria you continuously descend down the slope.

The world map is upsidedown!
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 4:18am On Oct 31, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

No, I don’t.

Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:21am On Oct 31, 2022
MissLAP:

Anyway I'm still not convinced because I heard her clearly from the int'l space station. When she looked with her naked eye she could only see Africa, at least she should have seen the countries in the north pole first (America, Europe and part of Asia)

Regarding river flows I think you should revisit the flow of rivers again because with the ongoing flood in the south show's that Nigeria is at a lower elevation compared to Cameroun. That was why all the water entered Nigeria through the south and heading to kogi.

Again this also proves that if you walk from the southern part of Africa you continuously descend down the slope.

At that time, the Space Station was positioned over the African continent.
Nonetheless, that means you believe things you might hear people say more than you believe in fact and Science.
I’ve never in my life heard a Nigerian or any other human say that the Niger River flows from the Atlantic up towards the North, through Nigeria. I’ll never believe that if you throw objects into the Niger River they’ll flow North and end up in Mail instead of flowing South and ending up in the Atlantic. That’s scientifically impossible. Thanks for your time, goodbye.
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Nobody: 4:35am On Oct 31, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

At that time, the Space Station was positioned over the African continent.
Nonetheless, that means you believe things you might hear people say more than you believe in fact and Science.
I’ve never in my life heard a Nigerian or any other human say that the Niger River flows from the Atlantic up towards the North, through Nigeria. I’ll never believe that if you throw objects into the Niger River they’ll flow North and end up in Mail instead of flowing South and ending up in the Atlantic. That’s scientifically impossible. Thanks for your time, goodbye.

Well Nigeria and Mali could have a kind of topography which would permit the flow of water down the south of Nigeria. They both could be on same bed too. I strongly believe that the world map is upsidedown and also the earth is flat. the North, south, East and west we have on the global map is just for navigation. Thanks for your time
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by AfonjaConehead: 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2022
Raydos:
Lesotho is a natural wonder!!
Ummm,ok,so you telling us now that,there's snow in Lesotho!??!!!
Re: Is Lesotho The Coolest Country In Africa? by Raydos: 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2023
grandstar:

100%

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Notting Hill Carnival / Morocco Tourist Visa / How To Easily Relocate To South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.