Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? (6050 Views)

Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) / What Is Righteousness? / Sin (Wickedness) Is Not An Act But A Lifestyle. Same Is Righteousness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by ebubeson: 7:34am On Oct 30, 2022
It is true that "God sees the heart but man looks at the outward appearance", but the same Bible says "let your light so shine before men that they may see your good work and glorify your father which is in heaven".. God still wants you to show outward righteousness so that your light will shine before men and they will see your good works and glorify God.

Men do not have the privilege of seeing our hearts, but God wants you to show them how Godly your heart is by the character you display, and in dressing, in telling the truth, in not collecting bribe, in not duping people, in not fornicating, in not comitting adultery, in not committing evil....

Happy Sunday.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:48am On Oct 30, 2022
ebubeson:
It is true that "God sees the heart but man looks at the outward appearance", but the same Bible says "let your light so shine before men that they may see your good work and glorify your father which is in heaven".. God still wants you to show outward righteousness so that your light will shine before men and they will see your good works and glorify God.

Men do not have the privilege of seeing our hearts, but God wants you to show them how Godly your heart is by the character you display, and in dressing, in telling the truth, in not collecting bribe, in not duping people, in not fornicating, in not comitting adultery, in not committing evil....

Happy Sunday.

It was written that both the inside and the outside of the vessel should be clean. Mathew 23:25/26.

And everyone knows this but they are already very dirty vessels.

7 Likes

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Honchoslim16(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2022
No one is righteous!
Even the dude on Nairaland, who calls himself RIGHTEOUSNESS knows this!

Live your life and be happy N!ggå.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Poppia: 7:57am On Oct 30, 2022
embarassed
Appeal! Appeal!!
Please I'm about to miss out some test due to lack of fund.
I was in abuja to hustle due to strike but everything got jeopardize due to constant raining (construction site) and the unexpected suspension of strike, no work no savings.
Now I'm stuck in Yola and can't travel back to school ( university of Maiduguri),
I'm just stranded and don't know what to do.
I has never been bad to me like this time around. Yola to Maiduguri is 6500.
I will ever be grateful if you can support me come of this.

1 Like

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by 9jayes: 8:54am On Oct 30, 2022
Righteousness is only on NL

See him shoes

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Quenncee: 8:55am On Oct 30, 2022
Righteousness is not only in the heart, the guy is also on nairaland grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by callmevirus(m): 8:59am On Oct 30, 2022
Nobody is righteous
Even our Oga righteous fo NL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 8:59am On Oct 30, 2022
righteousness starts from the heart and can be visible via our actions and inactions

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by JoshTim: 8:59am On Oct 30, 2022
Some christians that show outward righteousness these days are devil inside.

The character of a true christian is summarized in LOVE.

If you love your neighbour, you won't talk behind his back. If you love God, you will worship him.

The inside gives appearance to the outside. The outside can be faked but the inside cannot. A man can start appearing like a saint....you need to test the spirit behind that man,...if he is propelled by what is inside or deceit

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Lorddominic(m): 9:02am On Oct 30, 2022
9jayes:
Righteousness is only on NL

See him shoes

Guy, u no well grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:02am On Oct 30, 2022
No, Righteousness is also in Nairaland. He may soon come here to post nansense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by venabili: 9:04am On Oct 30, 2022
No, he is also on nairaland. A very mumuric endtime delusional preacher.
He'll soon make a post about how your post is a sign of end time tribulations to come.

1 Like

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by justicechichex: 9:04am On Oct 30, 2022
Not always easy to do the right thing coz all of us inherited imperfection from our first parents. But we can always try to do right not just in our hearts but also in our everyday life following the standards as set in the bible..
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by FirmTR(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2022
shocked
Righteousness should be inward and outward,
But outward righteousness differ from one individual to another.

For example, I see dreadlocks and reaped denim as normal, but other persons may see it otherwise.
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Jokerman(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2022
No.

Righteousness is both inward and outward

Only Gof can qualify us to be righteous through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit; 1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.. Even the Bible said "No one is righteous... Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Even Jesus confirmed it, Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

However God wants us to strive to attain this righteous; Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. and; 1 Peter 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

And also if you fail to righteous, this is the end; 1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by DropsMic(m): 9:14am On Oct 30, 2022
Yawn
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Truefaith: 9:15am On Oct 30, 2022
kik
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Primusinterpares(m): 9:20am On Oct 30, 2022
Totally living right.
Both in heart, mind, spirit and body
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:22am On Oct 30, 2022
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important commandment. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets depend on these two commandments”

Exactly, the most important is Love. Jesus himself demonstrated the love of God, that while we were lost, he sacrificed himself for our redemption. The love of God and the power of God to save is great. Jesus left his glory, emptied himself, became flesh, in a very lowly form, it shows us the great value of what happened on the cross, it is not cheap.

God regards us highly because of Love, that he will pay the ultimate prize.

We are expected to show the same to others.

JoshTim:
Some christians that show outward righteousness these days are devil inside.

The character of a true christian is summarized in LOVE.

If you love your neighbour, you won't talk behind his back. If you love God, you will worship him.

The inside gives appearance to the outside. The outside can be faked but the inside cannot. A man can start appearing like a saint....you need to test the spirit behind that man,...if he is propelled by what is inside or deceit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by phemmyfour: 9:22am On Oct 30, 2022
ebubeson:

Happy Sunday.
Righteousness is from the Heart but when the Heart does not influence the ACT.....it means the HEART isn't Godly yet.

There must be a sync between the HEART and the ACT.

If your HEART is right, you will ACT right

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Saintmary(f): 9:24am On Oct 30, 2022
ebubeson:

Happy Sunday.

You are 100% correct.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Ilefoaye(m): 9:26am On Oct 30, 2022
Over to u Mr Righteousness

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by awakmfon03(m): 9:27am On Oct 30, 2022
Honchoslim16:
No one is righteous!
Even the dude on Nairaland, who calls himself RIGHTEOUSNESS knows this!

Live your life and be happy N!ggå.

Sorry, but all children of God are righteous through faith in Christ Jesus, I think you should read your Bible again. Ye it may sound odd and foolish, but that's what the BIBLE says "it's foolishness to the world"

1 Like

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by handsomeyinka(m): 9:35am On Oct 30, 2022
We have two types of righteousness..

The real one is from God

The fake one is here on nairaland (Righteousness89 and HoNL).

May we all encounter the real righteousness in jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by awakmfon03(m): 9:36am On Oct 30, 2022
ebubeson:

Happy Sunday.

The heart is the factory of every character of man, it is where everything we do are manufactured, a righteous and renewed heart produces a right character and there is no way a yam can produce a corn. So God looks at the factory and knows the type of product it is capable to produce. Note: righteousness is not by just work but by faith, "by work shall no man prevail"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by jojothaiv(m): 9:36am On Oct 30, 2022
No.

Pursue peace with everyone, as well as holiness, without which no one will see the Lord.

Peace and Holiness must be internalized first before it can be translated outside for the world to see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:38am On Oct 30, 2022
I could be wrong, since i may not understand that well on my own. but i may say Its because they have believed in and received Christ.

They realized to repent, and become the home of Christ, their hearts are no longer stones, but are under the Spirit and grace ( they become adopted sons) . I will need to read more, so i may gain understanding.

awakmfon03:

Sorry, but all children of God are righteous through faith in Christ Jesus, I think you should read your Bible again. Ye it may sound odd and foolish, but that's what the BIBLE says "it's foolishness to the world"
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 30, 2022
ebubeson:

Happy Sunday.

On point.

God hates SIN, please all should seek a righteous life.
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Chibuzoc(m): 9:46am On Oct 30, 2022
The way of GOD is not the ways of man. Know this and know peace.
Just do the right thing and try to be happy
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by maureensylvia(f): 9:53am On Oct 30, 2022
Righteousness comman ansa

1 Like

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by mrkings84(m): 9:57am On Oct 30, 2022
ebubeson:

Happy Sunday.

How can righteousness be only in the heart?

See, I you are practicing righteousness you must do it both in deeds and acts both outwardly and inwardly.

Don't be like my neighbor who disturb my sleep every night with shouts of prayers, stamping of feet, clapping of hands and other noises just to provoke me but I refused to confront her. Then now she has added hitting the walls that remarketed the two rooms.

A prayer warrior that doesn't talk with her neighbor, keep malice, hate and gossip that one nq righteousness living?
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by awakmfon03(m): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2022
SeriouslySense:
I could be wrong, since i may not understand that well on my own. but i may say Its because they have believed in and received Christ.

They realized to repent, and become the home of Christ, their hearts are no longer stones, but are under the Spirit and grace ( they become adopted sons) . I will need to read more, so i may gain understanding.

Wow ! This is inspiring, you see, the more we read the Bible, using Christ Jesus as a focal point, the more we get closer to God and our understanding of who he is. His way are contrast to men's way so is his understanding and judgement

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Recipe For Effective Prayer - Talk Less And Believe More! By Reno Omokri / Yahweh Cannot Defeat Ogun / A Question For You - Huxley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.