Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,636 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? (6088 Views)

What Is Righteousness? / Sin (Wickedness) Is Not An Act But A Lifestyle. Same Is Righteousness / Be Established In God's Righteousness - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by VawulenceLover: 10:06am On Oct 30, 2022
He should come and answer
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by SeriouslySense(m): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2022
Exactly, we always need to keep reading and be willing to listen and understand ( we are sons, no longer with heart of stones) , and we need to depend always on the Spirit of Christ, since God lives in us, and is like a Father or parent, he will instruct, correct us, and yet he is patient, but we have to always depend on the Spirit, he works through us and through others who have believed.

For our good, and so that he is glorified.

awakmfon03:

Wow ! This is inspiring, you see, the more we read the Bible, using Christ Jesus as a focal point, the more we get closer to God and our understanding of who he is. His way are contrast to men's way so is his understanding and judgement
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by NwaliE01: 10:36am On Oct 30, 2022
Righteousness which literally means being right with God at all times starts from the inside that's why when one want to be born again, first step is confession of Christ Jesus as a Lord and saviour. Then we take deliberate steps of moving closer to HIM through prayers, fellowships with brethren and studying of His word. There's always uniqueness that would be obviously about someone that's a child of God. From the inside, the outside would be fully impacted and influenced. In summary, if one is righteous before God, his actions would be perfect before God and also obviously before men.
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Springboot: 10:50am On Oct 30, 2022
It's a combination of both.
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:00am On Oct 30, 2022
ebubeson:

"let your light so shine before men that they may see your good work and glorify your father which is in heaven"

The above is what Jesus said at Matthew 5:16 he wasn't talking to individuals but to his group of followers. His group needs to do the work he assigned to them so that everywhere they go people may say "this are the followers of that Jewish carpenter who claimed he is the Christ" of course his first century disciples did just so that's why the inhabitants of Antioch after careful observation began calling them by the group name "CHRISTIANS" Act 11:26

This is the light that must shine throughout the earth as a witness to all the nations {Matthew 24:14 compare to Act 1:8} but Satan intelligently infused his own agents among the first century Christian congregation {Matthew 13:25 compare to 1John 2:18-19} that's why many sects with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines are all claiming Christians today. But Jesus is around now separating his true disciples since 1914 and after a thorough separation his father began calling the unique group by another name: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Isaiah 65:15

That's the group whose light is shining brightly globally as everyone can see the WORKS of FAITH they're doing without letup! James 2:18-26

May you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Etuagievin(m): 11:12am On Oct 30, 2022
The scriptures says by their fruits/works you know them . So outward actions are involved in righteousness.
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by techWriter3: 11:14am On Oct 30, 2022
Righteousness is only on NLSee him heels
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Akharmony: 11:15am On Oct 30, 2022
For it is written, For as a Man thinketh in is heart so he is. Another scripture i like to sight again is from the book of James 3 vs12. "My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water". So therefore righteousness is solely a thing a thing of the heart.
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Honchoslim16(m): 11:20am On Oct 30, 2022
awakmfon03:

Sorry, but all children of God are righteous through faith in Christ Jesus, I think you should read your Bible again. Ye it may sound odd and foolish, but that's what the BIBLE says "it's foolishness to the world"
That sh!t cap... can't go for that, you say it's facts, prove it!

All these Christ wannabes!
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Allisgud: 11:23am On Oct 30, 2022
The inside bring out the outside
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by awakmfon03(m): 11:28am On Oct 30, 2022
Honchoslim16:

That sh!t cap... can't go for that, you say it's facts, prove it!

All these Christ wannabes!
Can you remember when Christ said to some Jews that they are not children of Abraham but children of the devil? They were descendants of Abraham but not children of Abraham because of their way of life. Same goes to some people today who claim to be believers and children of God. A genuine child of God is righteous through faith in Christ Jesus. Not by works but by faith. By men standard they are SINNERS but by Gods salvation they are righteous.
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Honchoslim16(m): 11:46am On Oct 30, 2022
awakmfon03:

Can you remember when Christ said to some Jews that they are not children of Abraham but children of the devil? They were descendants of Abraham but not children of Abraham because of their way of life. Same goes to some people today who claim to be believers and children of God. A genuine child of God is righteous through faith in Christ Jesus. Not by works but by faith. By men standard they are SINNERS but by Gods salvation they are righteous.
You are a genuine child of Yahweh Through faith in Christ Jesus...lol grin
But you ain't even Christ like!

Some kind of humans never cease to amaze me though!

Righteous through faith in Christ.. Yet y'all don't portray any attributes of the same Christ.
Isn't that a Joke?
I repeat.. No Human is Righteous on our planet Earth.
Tell your pastor that Honcho said this!

Good luck cool
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by helicoptarr: 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2022
Oh YES!

So, if it's in the heart, it'll definitely be demonstrated outwardly.

It can only be feigned temporarily if it's not heart-deep.
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by awakmfon03(m): 12:25pm On Oct 30, 2022
Honchoslim16:

Righteous through faith in Christ.. Yet y'all don't portray any attributes of the same Christ.

So sorry, you see, my righteousness doesn't need your validation. "Whom the Son of man has set free is free indeed" irrespective of what you or any man would say or do. I pray that the eyes of your understanding be flooded with light. May God's Peace be with you. Shalom
Isn't that a Joke?

Good luck cool
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Honchoslim16(m): 12:28pm On Oct 30, 2022
[quote author=awakmfon03 post=117987756][/quote]
Keep deceiving yourself behind your phone.. cheesy
Free indeed!

Damn it!
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by pinkylipsguy(m): 12:45pm On Oct 30, 2022
It is impossible to be righteous in the heart and it will not reflect outward. Anyone who claim to be righteous in the heart but it is not showing in his outward is only lying and self-deceiving. The heart is the control base of our life, it is the control centre of all our other body parts. The heart controls the outward and not the other way round. So it is impossible to be righteous in the heart and it will not be the same on the outside.

Having a clean inside is equivalent to having a clean outside. Likewise a clean home also reflects on you people do see it as you step out each time. For your home cleaning services please do not hesitate to reach out to me on zero eight one three one one three six zero seven six. This is because cleaniness both in the heart and in the home is next to godliness!

zero eight one three one one three six zero seven six is my phone contact.
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by emerged01(m): 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2022
If righteousness is in the heart,it will definitely reflect on your appearance. You cant claim to be righteous and your appearance bear the attributes of harlot. If it inside you must bear its fruits. Just like when you plant cassava you harvest cassava.
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by emerged01(m): 1:34pm On Oct 30, 2022
Honchoslim16:

Isn't that a Joke?

Good luck cool

I had to read the guy post. The more I read the more I got confused.
Mehn! Christians that do not have discerning spirit will lost and not be found. Can you imagine him twisting the words of God? Righteous through faith in christ when everything about you cannot communicate to the way of God to people around you?What is that?
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Honchoslim16(m): 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
emerged01:

I had to read the guy post. The more I read the more I got confused.
Mehn! Christians that do not have discerning spirit will lost and not be found. Can you imagine him twisting the words of God? Righteous through faith in christ when everything about you cannot communicate to the way of God to people around you?What is that?
The dude is a hell of a joke!

Most times i feel pity for those who fall for petty talks/sermons like he put up.....People like him lead people astray!
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by etrange: 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
How can you be righteous at heart and people around you will not notice it? Is that even possible?

1 Like

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by emerged01(m): 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2022
Honchoslim16:

The dude is a hell of a joke!

Most times i feel pity for those who fall for petty talks/sermons like his.
People like him pollute doctrine to attract those who that cant dig deep. That is what christianity is experiencing today.
True Christians doesn't need to keep quite anymore when you see people like him polluting doctrine. This is the time to start confront them to save souls.
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by LaJoe2: 3:08pm On Oct 30, 2022
Nope!
Its from the heart but reflects in your character and way you dress.
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Ochyes: 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2022
[quote author=Honchoslim16 post=117982213]No one is righteous!
Even the dude on Nairaland, who calls himself RIGHTEOUSNESS knows this!

Live your life and be happy N!ggå. [/quoteAre you saying everyone is going to hell? Bible said without holiness no man shall see the Lord God said be ye holy for I am holy]
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Ochyes: 5:12pm On Oct 30, 2022
Honchoslim16:
No one is righteous!

Live your life and be happy N!ggå.
Are you saying everyone is going to hell? Bible said without holiness no man shall see the Lord God said be ye holy for I am holy]
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Honchoslim16(m): 10:36pm On Oct 30, 2022
Ochyes:

Are you saying everyone is going to hell? Bible said without holiness no man shall see the Lord God said be ye holy for I am holy]
I never mentioned anything like hell dude....I don't believe sh!ts like that.

If your Bible tells you that without Holiness you can't see your God...please can you mention any Christian who is clean and free from sin?
Y'all should stop confusing yourselves with things you don't even know how it originated.

I repeat..no one on planet Earth is Righteous!
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Strategical: 11:02pm On Oct 30, 2022
Read your bible to understand and stop depending on what others said. The following people and many more were described as righteous persons in the bible:

Noah (Gen 6:9)(Gen 7:1),
Lot (2 Pet 2:cool
Joseph of Arimathea (Lk 23:50)
Abel (Heb 11:4)(Mt 23:35)(1 Jn 3:12)
Joseph (Mt 1:19)
John The Baptist (Mk 6:20)
Zecharias (Lk 1:5-6)
Elisabeth (Lk 1:5-6)
Simeon (Lk 2:25)
Daniel, and Job were said by God to have “righteousness” (Heb: “tsdaqah“) (Ezek 14:14,20).

Similarly, in the New Testament, in (Heb 11:32-33), Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, and the prophets are said to have “wrought righteousness” (NASB: “performed acts of righteousness”)

Honchoslim16:
No one is righteous!

Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:56am On Oct 31, 2022
NwaliE01:
Righteousness which literally means being right with God at all times starts from the inside that's why when one want to be born again, first step is confession of Christ Jesus as a Lord and saviour. Then we take deliberate steps of moving closer to HIM through prayers, fellowships with brethren and studying of His word. There's always uniqueness that would be obviously about someone that's a child of God. From the inside, the outside would be fully impacted and influenced. In summary, if one is righteous before God, his actions would be perfect before God and also obviously before men.

Righteousness means doing the right and the good in the Eye of The Lord. Deuteronomy 6:18

So righteousness starts with doing the right and the good, hence the studying of The Word to know the right and the good, to do. And you do all these because you understand that God is The Ruler, Whom you offend with your by your unrightness.
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:14am On Oct 31, 2022
Honchoslim16:
No one is righteous!

Noah, Daniel, job got it perfectly while many others achieved it at different times in their lives eg David, Solomon, Hezekiah, and Asa etc.

There are people who are walking rightly and especially Nigerians, who we know that they have a way of doing their things secretly and silently walking rightly, even though they look like they are part of the population making noise and all. Eg They say they won't come to work or cannot pay, next thing you see that they are in the office.

E go shock you how many Nigerians made the qualifcation for the kingdom of God.

Come to think of it even you go shock me! Ah I remember your blasphemies, so, lake of fire is for you.
Re: Is Righteousness Only In The Heart? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:23am On Oct 31, 2022
Ilefoaye:
Over to u Mr Righteousness

Moses is not the one who wrote the first 5 books of the Bible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Will End In TEARS AND MOURNING-A Prophecy About Nigeria In The Month Of June / Identify The Sixteen Hidden Books Of The Bible / 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.