Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,542 members, 7,812,688 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? (70049 Views)

Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Primusinterpares(m): 9:30am On Oct 30, 2022
So lately I have seen friends, families, colleagues at work, church members relocating abroad.
These people are "doing well" here in Nigeria.
Many of them resign from their high paying jobs, sells their properties and put up to like 25 - 40 million naira to relocate a family of say 5.
Is it really worth it?
Can't we make a good living here in Nigeria especially people with a good job here?
I need clarifications from those that have gone to enlighten me.

106 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by FASHOLA123(m): 9:38am On Oct 30, 2022
Google is your friend why don't you ask it?

137 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by gaby(m): 9:49am On Oct 30, 2022
I've stated it here on numerous occasions that by the second year of the next administration, a Dollar will exchange for close to #2,000. Maybe by then, you'd understand what's fuelling the japa syndrome.

The country had been murdered from the inception, the funeral arrangements is what's currently ongoing.

493 Likes 51 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by dawnomike(m): 10:00am On Oct 30, 2022
Primusinterpares:
So lately I have seen friends, families, colleagues at work, church members relocating abroad.
Many of them resign from their high paying jobs, sells their properties and put up to like 25 - 40 million naira to relocate a family of say 5.
Is it really worth it?
Can't we make a good living here in Nigeria especially people with a good job here?
Just think about it, you can be wealthy in Nigeria and get kidnapped for ransom or get killed by a mumu police officer
That alone is worth leaving the country for

532 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by frozen70(f): 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2022
Primusinterpares:
Is it really worth it?

Traveling abroad is an investment that you will gain on the long run

But I prefer the father goes over there make money, set up building here then make arrangements for wife and children to be coming for vacation

As the children graduates they relocate there

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Mindlog: 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2022
I relocated in 2013 and not regretting it, especially considering Nigeria's present situation.

367 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Helpout12345: 4:08pm On Oct 30, 2022
Honestly, it's 100pct worth it if you are going with Permanent Residency. You get to settle on time economically in your destination.

If you are relocating through student route, it's largely going to worth it if you do your research very well and understand how to plan your way to permanent residency at your destination in the shortest possible time.

If you are going on a visit visa, to become illegal afterwards, it's not worth it at all except your life is not meaningful in Nigeria.

Whatever you decide, let me end it with my usual assertion. "A Cat in Nigeria cannot become a Lion overseas, and a Lion in Nigeria will not become a Cat either overseas.

You know yourself, capabilities etc. Research your destination and set your expectations accordingly.

Good luck !

304 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ednut1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2022
Selling your property to obtain student visa is a big gamble people are willing to take. Nigeria looks like it is nearing collapse. Immigration is also not certain 3 years ago canada permanent residency was easy today it is very hard. USA was easy to enter 10 years ago today you cant even get interview date. Uk is currently doing promo with student visa they may change policy one day and people have no where to go again. So people dey rush am now as he dey hot. Dont blame them.

Topic is now on fp make nobody quote me. I no dey mood angry

258 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Creamcrest(m): 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2022
ednut1:
Selling your property to obtain student visa is a big gamble people are willing to take. Nigeria looks like it is nearing collapse. Immigration is also not certain 3 years ago canada permanent residency was easy today it is very hard. USA was easy to enter 10 years ago today you cant even get interview date. Uk is currently doing promo with student visa they may change policy one day and people have no where to go again. So people dey rush am now as he dey hot. Dont blame them
Sharrap, Nigeria is not nearing collapse,it's still one of the best countries on earth.

Nigerians in Canada and America are even complaining of not being able to build wealth.

Shootings and gun violence also happens in America and Canada.

Some Nigerians here have 24hrs power using inverters and solar.

Most Nigerians can easily build their houses while you niggas in canada and US will be paying for mortgages for several years.

321 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Primusinterpares(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2022
FASHOLA123:
Google is your friend why don't you ask it?
I need answers from experienced people

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Primusinterpares(m): 6:19pm On Oct 30, 2022
gaby:
I've stated it here on numerous occasions that by the second year of the next administration, a Dollar will exchange for close to #2,000. Maybe by then, you'd understand what's fuelling the japa syndrome.

The country had been murdered from the inception, the funeral arrangements is what's currently ongoing.
Regardless people are still doing fine here in Nigeria.

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Primusinterpares(m): 6:21pm On Oct 30, 2022
dawnomike:
Just think about it, you can be wealthy in Nigeria and get kidnapped for ransom or get killed by a mumu police officer
That alone is worth leaving the country for
This is something but then shooting still happens in the abroad. There are still some things going on there too

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by dawnomike(m): 6:24pm On Oct 30, 2022
Primusinterpares:
This is something but then shooting still happens in the abroad. There are still some things going on there too
24hrs power supply plus good internet, good road network and sanity makes it worth it.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Primusinterpares(m): 6:24pm On Oct 30, 2022
frozen70:

Traveling abroad is an investment that you will gain on the long run

But I prefer the father goes over there make money, set up building here then make arrangements for wife and children to be coming for vacation

As the children graduates they relocate there
Please explain. How is traveling an investment?
Imagine legitimately investing 15million here in 9ja. If we'll managed that could grow to something Huge in the nearest future.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Primusinterpares(m): 6:25pm On Oct 30, 2022
Mindlog:
I relocated in 2013 and not regretting it especially considering Nigeria's present situation.
Bros pls talk to me. You have real experience. What are the Pros and Cons?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Primusinterpares(m): 6:28pm On Oct 30, 2022
Helpout12345:
Honestly, it's 100pct worth it if you are going with Permanent Residency. You get to settle on time economically in your destination.

If you are relocating through student route, it's largely going to worth it if you do your research very well and understand how to plan your way to permanent residency at your destination in the shortest possible time.

If you are going on a visit visa, to become illegal afterwards, it's not worth it at all except your life is not meaningful in Nigeria.

Whatever you decide, let me end it with my usual assertion. "A Cat in Nigeria cannot become a Lion overseas, and a Lion in Nigeria will not become a Cat either overseas.

You know yourself, capabilities etc. Research your destination and set your expectations accordingly.

Good luck !

I like your second to last paragraph. It speaks volumes. The real deal is who you are inside

20 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by frozen70(f): 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
Primusinterpares:
Please explain. How is traveling an investment?
Imagine legitimately investing 15million here in 9ja. If we'll managed that could grow to something Huge in the nearest future.

Is alright

Imagine, you traveled out send 15 million Dollars for building an estate, put it on rent and enjoy the inflow of money

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ayandee: 9:23pm On Oct 30, 2022
I like the fact that I can drive very long distances far into the night through different rural communities of Canada without fearing a thing.

No burglary proof, no gates, yet no fear. That peace of mind and serenity is priceless.

301 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by DannyFX2638: 9:43pm On Oct 30, 2022
ayandee:
I like the fact that I can drive very long distances far into the night through different rural communities of Canada without fearing a thing.

No burglary proof, no gates, yet no fear. That peace of mind and serenity is priceless.

but do you like the fact that you always dress like Ninja before leaving your house?

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ayandee: 11:11pm On Oct 30, 2022
DannyFX2638:
but do you like the fact that you always dress like Ninja before leaving your house?

That's life. One can't have it all. Yes, the cold can be very brutal and you have to dress yourself and the kids in layers. But I will rather pick the cold. It's bearable.
Insecurity, economic instability, weak institutions, poor system of education, epileptic power supply and a very weak passport are very unbearable. It takes extra strength to live in Nigeria. An elderly friend once said "Alagbara lo n gbe ni Nigeria ".

224 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Bksense: 11:29pm On Oct 30, 2022
ednut1:
Selling your property to obtain student visa is a big gamble people are willing to take. Nigeria looks like it is nearing collapse. Immigration is also not certain 3 years ago canada permanent residency was easy today it is very hard. USA was easy to enter 10 years ago today you cant even get interview date. Uk is currently doing promo with student visa they may change policy one day and people have no where to go again. So people dey rush am now as he dey hot. Dont blame them

How is Nigeria nearing it's ruin to be honest? Gun violence and kidnapping happen in USA everyday. But you won't talk about that due to White worshipping..but you people wish bad things happen to Nigeria and her people everyday so you'll be able to justify your Japa and tell them "we warned you". Why can't you people Just accept the fact that not everyone want to come And live a lonely and boring life abroad Just because of 24hrs light which you pay for with your nose anyways , and McDonald Job of $1500 per month. The money you earn over there doesn't even find you that boost until you convert it to naira in your head just to validate yourself and say ",I'm earning more than a professor in Nigeria". This is a trend I see Among you people.

And you can call me broke because I live in Nigeria. Since you can't even know whether I'm more satisfied and contented with my life or not

Thanks

298 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ednut1(m): 11:37pm On Oct 30, 2022
Bksense:

How is Nigeria nearing it's ruin to be honest? Gun violence and kidnapping happen in USA everyday. But you won't talk about that due to White worshipping..but you people wish bad things happen to Nigeria and her people everyday so you'll be able to justify your Japa and tell them "we warned you". Why can't you people Just accept the fact that not everyone want to come And live a lonely and boring life abroad Just because of 24hrs light which you pay for with your nose anyways , and McDonald Job of $1500 per month. The money you earn over there doesn't even find you that boost until you convert it to naira in your head just to validate yourself and say ",I'm earning more than a professor in Nigeria". This is a trend I see Among you people.

And you can call me broke because I live in Nigeria. Since you can't even know whether I'm more satisfied and contented with my life or not

Thanks
english is not that hard. I said looks like its nearing collapse, I didn’t say is nearing collapse. You guys wish that we should be doing McDonald job’s abroad ba. But sorry to burst your burble na office job most of us dey do earning cool money. In uncertain times some will still make money, some will japa, its human nature.

My mum went for a burial in our state yesterday , a relative that had kidney failure, he was to travel to india next month but his dialysis was messed up by the hospital. Same yesterday there was news of kidnap on lagos ibadan i sharply had to call to be sure she no dey among. These are some of the issues wey dey make people japa o

137 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ednut1(m): 11:38pm On Oct 30, 2022
Creamcrest:

Sharrap, Nigeria is not nearing collapse,it's still one of the best countries on earth.

Nigerians in Canada and America are even complaining of not being able to build wealth.

Shootings and gun violence also happens in America and Canada.

Some Nigerians here have 24hrs power using inverters and solar.

Most Nigerians can easily build their houses while you niggas in canada and US will be paying for mortgages for several years.
english - looks like is not a definite statement.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Munamoqel: 11:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
ednut1:
english is not that hard. I said looks like its nearing collapse, I didn’t say is nearing collapse. You guys wish that we should be doing McDonald job’s abroad ba. But sorry to burst your burble na office job most of us dey do earning cool money. In uncertain times some will still make money, some will japa, its human nature.

My mum went for a burial in our state yesterday , a relative that had kidney failure, he was to travel to india next month but his dialysis was messed up by the hospital. Same yesterday there was news of kidnap on lagos ibadan i sharply had to call to be sure she no dey among. These are some of the issues wey dey make people japa o
also add the number of gun deaths in America within the months ?all die na die .but as slave worshipping negros they prefer to die in Mass shooting in America than been kidnapped in Nigeria . They phsycologically feel the mass shooting death is more prestigious!

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Munamoqel: 11:53pm On Oct 30, 2022
ednut1:
nearing collapse ? 500 bn USD economy the largest in Africa bigger than eypt south Africa and Algeria and top FDI and FPI investment destination . Nearing collapse and MTN just raise 100m USD for network expansion .nearing collapse and the FDI lekki 3 bn USD port is ready .nearing collapse the America embassy is building 550m USD embassy in Eko Atlantic .nearing collapse Nigeria student form the 3 largest student population in uk this year .una just van validate the 2 class citizens life una dey live abroad . ( Self consolation )

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ednut1(m): 11:54pm On Oct 30, 2022
Munamoqel:
nearing collapse ? 500 bn USD economy the largest in Africa bigger than eypt south Africa and Algeria and top FDI and FPI investment destination . Nearing collapse and MTN just raise 100m USD for network expansion .nearing collapse and the FDI lekki 3 bn USD port is ready .nearing collapse the America embassy is building 550m USD embassy in Eko Atlantic .nearing collapse Nigeria student form the 3 largest student population in uk this year .una just van validate the 2 class citizens live una dey live abroad . ( Self consolation )
you are still hurt from wetin uk do you, i understand your plight. See second class citizens here

https://www.nairaland.com/7406379/3-nigerians-win-councilor-election

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Munamoqel: 11:55pm On Oct 30, 2022
ayandee:

there is no peace of mind when a simple hair cut is going for 20usd ,pako house 1500usd per month . Inside temperature of freezer .that you need heat to stay alive .that already a nightmare .

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Munamoqel: 11:57pm On Oct 30, 2022
ednut1:
you are still hurt from wetin uk do you, i understand your plight. See second class citizens here

https://www.nairaland.com/7406379/3-nigerians-win-councilor-election
see you wetin be councilor ? You can never be British ! That why they always ask where are you originally from even after speaking through you noise .

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ednut1(m): 12:03am On Oct 31, 2022
Munamoqel:
see you wetin be councilor ? You can never be British ! That why they always ask where are you originally from even after speaking through you noise .
but one Lad of indian descent just became PM lol. From councillors they move up to greater things. Rest in Jesus name grin

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Munamoqel: 12:07am On Oct 31, 2022
Primusinterpares:
Regardless people are still doing fine here in Nigeria.
Nigeria is a very strange Nation .this year I made around 7m from been insurance agent . It started from a oil and gas firm that wanted to do GIT insurance and the owner contacted me ! I contacted some insurance firm I was familiar with and they agree to take underwrite the policy .I jokely ask if they are paying me commission .they said yes . a large insurance firm agree 15 percent .second 10 .na so e happen . 2 week later several oil and gas logistics firm contacted me via referrals from the first . Baam I have done 13 firm counting . It yearly and renewable and my commission will paid yearly too . This is Nigeria a land of magical opportunities . This just a side unplanned business . Don't let any body tell you it nearing collapse . Those Indians and Chinese will not be here . Lastly zero tax on this commission/income. Unlike Uk yeye tax people go they chase me.up.and down

158 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by olalekan9320(m): 12:07am On Oct 31, 2022
Munamoqel:
also add the number of gun deaths in America within the months ?all die na die .but as slave worshipping negros they prefer to die in Mass shooting in America than been kidnapped in Nigeria . They phsycologically feel the mass shooting death is more prestigious!
Not everyone abroad is living in US oga. Personally, I can't leave Nigeria and go to to US.

If you have ever stepped your toes outside Nigeria you'll know the reason people are leaving in droves. Even your politicians have homes in UK and some other good countries and are only in Nigeria to keep milking people like you

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Munamoqel: 12:09am On Oct 31, 2022
ednut1:
but one Lad of indians descent just became PM lol. From councillors they move up to greater things. Rest in Jesus name grin
India worth 800 m pounds with inlaw worth 2 billion pounds . They know what they are doing . They are calling for general election after the India/Brits became PM .me and you know the result . conservative are going out .

9 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! / Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany / The Interchange Julius Beger Is Constructing In Obosi, Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.