Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? (70647 Views)

Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 8:56am On Nov 28, 2022
aljpimp:

Lols. Bobo enjoy... In few years time you'll understand the effect of migration and knowledge transfer..not here to argue ...as far as I'm concerned I'll continue to promote my nation .. but don't come here and talk trash about my expertise and the life or path I chose.
which effect...the ones that migrated in 80s and 90s what effect ?how many of them own businesses here in Nigeria or there ...

many of them come home been depressed and lonely cos their kids don't and wouldn't come home

How many of them own big businesses here in Nigeria or even in abroad ...they still do that hourly wage of a thing till they are 60s...

is that one life and maybe still paying mortgage and credit card debts I don't want to add student loans

7 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by naijaboy99: 4:23am On Dec 01, 2022
ednut1:
english is not that hard. I said looks like its nearing collapse, I didn’t say is nearing collapse. You guys wish that we should be doing McDonald job’s abroad ba. But sorry to burst your burble na office job most of us dey do earning cool money. In uncertain times some will still make money, some will japa, its human nature.

My mum went for a burial in our state yesterday , a relative that had kidney failure, he was to travel to india next month but his dialysis was messed up by the hospital. Same yesterday there was news of kidnap on lagos ibadan i sharply had to call to be sure she no dey among. These are some of the issues wey dey make people japa o
America and Canada are already collapsed system with everyone on depression. America and Canada are hell on earth

3 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by naijaboy99: 4:25am On Dec 01, 2022
Munamoqel:
there is no peace of mind when a simple hair cut is going for 20usd ,pako house 1500usd per month . Inside temperature of freezer .that you need heat to stay alive .that already a nightmare .
Deal with them very well for me. They are full of regret for leaving the best place on earth for depression infested America and Canada

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 6:13am On Dec 01, 2022
naijaboy99:
Deal with them very well for me. They are full of regret for leaving the best place on earth for depression infested America and Canada
Debt has long been a problem for many Americans, but the unprecedented problems of the past three years have spread the misery to tens of millions more. The COVID-19 pandemic and its aftermath created enormous upheaval in our lives: our health, our jobs, our financial security, among other areas.

More recently, soaring inflation, spiraling gas prices, even baby formula shortages, have piled woe upon crisis upon uncertainty.

And it’s not just the actual lack of money that’s causing problems. A shortage of money led to a massive increase in denial, stress, anger, depression and anxiety. The emotional strain of dealing with debt can be almost damaging as getting your electricity cut off or having your car repossessed or seeing your credit score plunge to where you’ll struggle to get another loan.

With housing alone, a 2021 report by the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia estimated that about 2 million households owe roughly $15 billion in back rent. A study by the National Equity Atlas put that figure above $21 billion.

Whatever the cost, whatever the cause, debt wreaks emotional havoc on our psyche.

Among the negative effects are low self-esteem and impaired cognitive functioning. That means you can’t learn, remember, be attentive or solve problems as well when you’re under stress because you can’t pay your water bill.

And get this – debt can hurt. I mean, really hurt.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 6:15am On Dec 01, 2022
More than 40% of U.S. adults say money is negatively impacting their mental health, according to Bankrate's April 2022 Money and Mental Health report.

"I was in debt off and on all of my 20s and early 30s," Tawnya Schultz, founder of The Money Life Coach, told CNBC. "I was in this debt cycle of trying to get out of debt, paying off debt, getting back into it. And I was just tired of feeling like I could never get out of it or feeling like I was always going to have debt."
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 6:55am On Dec 12, 2022
Allisgud:
.a lion here can become a cat abroad,I know a bank branch manager here in Nigeria who is
now salesman in america in a departmentmental store
Jesus
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by SUGARCyprian247: 6:11am On Feb 13, 2023
Omo all these arguments!!..

Make i see money first. if i no japa i go know wetin cause am

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Onyeaoma1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 06, 2023
50M for each 1 Kobo 1975 you have,

Good day everyone am looking for 1 Kobo 1975 to buy if anyone have it available should, then check if it magnet Tiger Razor blade, secondly take it close to light if it off the electric bulb then you will be paid 50M for each 1 kobo 1975 you have. Contact me for more info.......…

08109943646. I wait your response.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by duduade: 4:21am On Apr 07, 2023
Onyeaoma1:
50M for each 1 Kobo 1975 you have,

Good day everyone am looking for 1 Kobo 1975 to buy if anyone have it available should, then check if it magnet Tiger Razor blade, secondly take it close to light if it off the electric bulb then you will be paid 50M for each 1 kobo 1975 you have. Contact me for more info.......…

08109943646. I wait your response.

Ahhhhh
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by atutupoyoyo2211: 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2023
I also know a Shell Contract staff who was making 400k in Nigeria, now making $20k cad a month. He works as a manager with AWS.
ariesbull:
Jesus
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by atutupoyoyo2211: 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2023
There has been a lot of arguments in this thread about the positives of travelling abroad. I dont know about everyone's situation, but for my own situation, i used to make about 4.8m in Nigeria a year (not that bad), but i make about that in a month here before taxes. So i feel i am doing ok. It was not that way for me from the beginning. I worked in a warehouse, worked as a security for some years, then i took out a couple of years to get my Masters degree and things changed after that.

5 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by BigBashiru: 9:14am On Apr 09, 2023
ariesbull:
which effect...the ones that migrated in 80s and 90s what effect ?how many of them own businesses here in Nigeria or there ...

many of them come home been depressed and lonely cos their kids don't and wouldn't come home

How many of them own big businesses here in Nigeria or even in abroad ...they still do that hourly wage of a thing till they are 60s...

is that one life and maybe still paying mortgage and credit card debts I don't want to add student loans

And that hourly wage amounts to nothing after taxes and rent and living expenses.....
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by BigBashiru: 9:17am On Apr 09, 2023
atutupoyoyo2211:
I also know a Shell Contract staff who was making 400k in Nigeria, now making $20k cad a month. He works as a manager with AWS.

You are lying no IT Job in Canada pays CAD20000 monthly except he is a contractor.....but if he is a contractor that cad20000 will be hit by corporate income tax and after that, personal income tax....corporate 12.5% personal marginal rate about 40%

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by BigBashiru: 9:19am On Apr 09, 2023
naijaboy99:
America and Canada are already collapsed system with everyone on depression. America and Canada are hell on earth

In Canada cocaine drugs are all legal, its an anti social country very boring....America and Canada are hell on earth....

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by BigBashiru: 9:22am On Apr 09, 2023
ednut1:
english is not that hard. I said looks like its nearing collapse, I didn’t say is nearing collapse. You guys wish that we should be doing McDonald job’s abroad ba. But sorry to burst your burble na office job most of us dey do earning cool money. In uncertain times some will still make money, some will japa, its human nature.

My mum went for a burial in our state yesterday , a relative that had kidney failure, he was to travel to india next month but his dialysis was messed up by the hospital. Same yesterday there was news of kidnap on lagos ibadan i sharply had to call to be sure she no dey among. These are some of the issues wey dey make people japa o

You are correct....very correct....even the dialysis they are supposed to do well they didn't do well....that's the problem of the lazy blacks....no one ever does their job properly....same thing when accident victims are passed from hospital to hospital with silly excuses until they give up the ghost....
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by BigBashiru: 9:24am On Apr 09, 2023
ayandee:

That's life. One can't have it all. Yes, the cold can be very brutal and you have to dress yourself and the kids in layers. But I will rather pick the cold. It's bearable.
Insecurity, economic instability, weak institutions, poor system of education, epileptic power supply and a very weak passport are very unbearable. It takes extra strength to live in Nigeria. An elderly friend once said "Alagbara lo n gbe ni Nigeria ".

Weak institutions = black man laziness
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Nice2023(m): 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2023
frozen70:

Is alright

Imagine, you traveled out send 15 million Dollars for building an estate, put it on rent and enjoy the inflow of money

15million dollars working abroad u mean?

Are u sure of what u are saying or u just want to talk?
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Sirwifi: 10:02pm On Apr 09, 2023
atutupoyoyo2211:
But i don't need those things my dad had. I can buy it myself because i am paid well, that's the point. And i teach Cybersecurity. But, not withstanding. I want to work here till i am 40 and spend more time in Nigeria. I was not suffering when i left Nigeria, i used to work with Shell. But i left because of much more than money. Right now, i am a Canadian Citizen, my baby is a Canadian citizen and my wife would become a citizen by the end of this year. Canada is boring, no doubt. But you can come here, grow your finances, get better education and go back home if you want.
good day sir , I’m a lawyer from Eastern Nigeria,and i applied to study cybersecurity in Canada by winter , please seeing that you teach cybersecurity in Canada, I will like to message you privately, as i believe your mentoring and advice will go a long way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Domale: 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2023
Traveling abroad can be a life-changing experience that broadens your horizons, exposes you to new cultures, and allows you to create unforgettable memories. It can also be an opportunity to learn new languages, try different cuisines, and make new friends from around the world. If you don't know where to start, just apply to a travel agency. In order to choose a reliable one, check reviews first, for example, here are FlightNetwork reviews. If you have the time, resources, and willingness to explore new places and embrace new experiences, then traveling abroad can be a rewarding experience.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by maestro299: 11:11am On Oct 28, 2023
gaby:
I've stated it here on numerous occasions that by the second year of the next administration, a Dollar will exchange for close to #2,000. Maybe by then, you'd understand what's fuelling the japa syndrome.

The country had been murdered from the inception, the funeral arrangements is what's currently ongoing.
This your prediction is going to be fulfilled very soon 😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Itzteewhy(m): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2023
gaby:
I've stated it here on numerous occasions that by the second year of the next administration, a Dollar will exchange for close to #2,000. Maybe by then, you'd understand what's fuelling the japa syndrome.

The country had been murdered from the inception, the funeral arrangements is what's currently ongoing.

Omo I just came back from the past.... you no lie ooo tongue tongue
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by gaby(m): 10:36pm On Oct 30, 2023
maestro299:
This your prediction is going to be fulfilled very soon 😁😁😁

Hahahha...just like my prophecy here...

https://www.nairaland.com/7624410/profile-siminalayi-fubara-rivers-state#121997402

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

Many Policemen Die In Ondo Auto Accident (Disturbing Photos) / World’s Largest Aircraft Leaves Its Hangar For The First Time(pictures) / The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.