Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk (29093 Views)

Twitter DMs To Have End To End Encryption - Elon Musk / Massive Suspension Of Twitter Accounts As Nigerians React / MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by LordReed(m): 9:30am On Nov 02, 2022
Amb1045:
People will pay. U know how much people pay for dating apps

Which dating app do people pay for?
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by OneKinGuy(m): 9:32am On Nov 02, 2022
I'll gladly pay $8 a month to have a blue check. Nice one Elon.
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Sammy5413(m): 9:34am On Nov 02, 2022
Twitter now in the wrong hands

I'm leaving Twitter but first I'm going to tweet about leaving Twitter then I'm going to stick around to see what everybody thinks about me leaving Twitter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by 07kjb: 9:34am On Nov 02, 2022
Musk is really a business guru,

I bet you come next year half of Twitter users must be dieing to have the blue badge..

Now times(×) it by $8 per month
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by TheGift: 9:35am On Nov 02, 2022
WibusJaga:

Don't think this is a wise answer.
Every business revolves around customers & so a more tactful approach is needed.

Don't mind Him. His arrogance will be His own undoing, if He is not careful.
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Ololademrmoney2(m): 9:35am On Nov 02, 2022
Elon Musk, the business tycoon himself. Good one!

3 Likes

Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by blaise26abj(m): 9:35am On Nov 02, 2022
This is a man with business sense . Not that idiot . Be verified and have some pecks . Pay for it . I love the purchasing power parity thing . Meaning in places like nigeria , you might pay say 2,500 per month to be verified , which will be great for company Twitter handles . By generating income , he can also pay content creators something for views .
I also think Twitter should free people like Trump . Opposing views make life more interesting . We don’t all have to follow an ideology.

2 Likes

Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Ruggedniggaone: 9:37am On Nov 02, 2022
RealGandalf:

And the blue thick will send money to your account? Typical of an empty Nigerian seeking for validation from people that doesn't care. Quit bragging on top nothing.
is he forcing anybody to get verified?if you can't afford it leave twitter to the people that will pay and quit yabbing dust alaye

2 Likes

Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Advocate500: 9:38am On Nov 02, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
cheesy Thank you Elon Musk. By the time they pay, they will value it more and use it for more constructive engagement.
Those lazy youths idlying away on SM for idle gists to insult and mock folks old enough to be their parents may now stop receiving curses
you must be in severe pain.
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by TheGift: 9:38am On Nov 02, 2022
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by BJanta: 9:39am On Nov 02, 2022
The ' world president " has spoken,
everyone must fall in line . But just
look behind you, mr president, another
' twitterer ' behind you: bigger, better,
wider with totally liberal management
, control and user engagement rules.
AND TOTALLY FREE. You cannot
leave monopoly in the hands of a
totalitarian capitalist.
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by blaise26abj(m): 9:40am On Nov 02, 2022
WibusJaga:

Every business revolves around customers & so a more tactful approach is needed.

What is the cost of having a blue tick at the moment ? None . Do you know how many people want to have the blue tick as opposed to people who have it now for free ? Do the maths . He will get more customers with that statement . Imagine all the companies , content creators , fame hungry people that will gladly pay. He will get serious revenue from it and the board will love him for it .
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by cutieBR(f): 9:44am On Nov 02, 2022
This one na for twitter peeps. If you like charge them through the nose, not my business. I'm not on twitter grin

3 Likes

Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by blaise26abj(m): 9:46am On Nov 02, 2022
TheGift:

Soon, everyone will have a blue tick and it will be pointless.

How much is Netflix monthly , yet people will beg you to add them to your account .

Not having blue tick will not demean you . It would mean you just don’t want the pecks that comes with having the blue tick . A lot of people will still not want the blue tick and will keep enjoying the app .
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by BJanta: 9:46am On Nov 02, 2022
WibusJaga:

That's the psychology of totalitarian
capitalists. They always mistake
themselves for GOD, until they crash.

3 Likes

Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by WibusJaga: 9:51am On Nov 02, 2022
blaise26abj:

What is the cost of having a blue tick at the moment ? None . Do you know how many people want to have the blue tick as opposed to people who have it now for free ? Do the maths . He will get more customers with that statement . Imagine all the companies , content creators , fame hungry people that will gladly pay. He will get serious revenue from it and the board will love him for it .
He would achieve all what you listed & much more, with a more tactful response. cheesy
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by OvertheTop(m): 9:54am On Nov 02, 2022
Amb1045:
People will pay. U know how much people pay for dating apps

Dating App like Which?
How much is paid for them?
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 02, 2022
wwwihy:
The guy wants to recover $44 billion...but a new platform(s) to rival Twitter will soon be in place
Yea right! So when will the new rival emerge? Are you planning on inventing a new rival? grin It is his company now he can do whatever he wants with his twitter. As he has said, Keep complaining but it is still $8.
I love Mr Musk's humour. Ofcourse, it is right he recovers his $44bill.

1 Like

Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Revolva(m): 9:57am On Nov 02, 2022
Very good ..na here we go see d real celeb i even want Instagram to start charging for it as well and facebook
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by OKOATA(m): 10:00am On Nov 02, 2022
TheGift:

Soon, everyone will have a blue tick and it will be pointless.
More money for him, he doesn't care bro. It's you who don't get it. Who blue tick help when money is rolling in, just think about it if everyone on Twitter could afford to pay do you know how much he would make?
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Revolva(m): 10:00am On Nov 02, 2022
Sammy5413:

I'm leaving Twitter but first I'm going to tweet about leaving Twitter then I'm going to stick around to see what everybody thinks about me leaving Twitter

Nobody will even know if u leave lol
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 02, 2022
Sammy5413:

I think twitter will not miss you, peharps you should just leave today. grin this is the end of free twitting and uneccerssary twitting, now it will be regulated transparently

1 Like

Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 02, 2022
Revolva:

Nobody will even know if u leave lol
Absolutely! I wonder why he is not leaving today. grin he wants free twitter.
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 02, 2022
WibusJaga:

We would achieve all what you listed & much more, with a more tactful response. cheesy
Maybe, but first you will have to sign up for $8 grin
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Bigkoko: 10:05am On Nov 02, 2022
My mentor.... motherfucker white boy! It's all business, nothing personal!

HonNL:

SOURCE

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1587627120355934208?t=fA9YRL_jcHBlrXkQOFayXg&s=19
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 02, 2022
blaise26abj:

Mr Musk is a genius, he has already known how to make more cash before he bought twitter, He will make so much money from twitter. For just surscribing people must pay $8
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 02, 2022
WibusJaga:

Nigerian nairalander with 1gb data wan advise world billionaire on business ethics.

LMAO!

Shey you dey whine me ni?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

To Check Airtime Balance and Access Expiry Date on MTN via SMS / Unboxing The Gionee M6 Mirror...just Got Mine / Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.