Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? (5099 Views)

I Regret Becoming An Athiest / Why You Should Not Take The Pascal's Wager And Become An Athiest / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by cornelboy(f): 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2022
"If not for Jehovah, I would have been an atheist. I grew up a Pentecostal but was always empty, God was blank and I knew nothing about him- this hole in me but they tell me I need to be born again and speak in tongues, I could not pray and I hated shouting for my enemies to die when I don't know them.

The hypocrisy was too much in Church and why will you judge me for coming late to church without ask why and seeing me drenched but you say God will put me in hellfire. I once look up at night and said ' God, you are wicked!, you don't even help us in the hellish conditions on earth and you take pleasure in seeing people in eternal torment?'.

I was determined to leave religion but I prayed to God by writing a letter begging him to show me the way or I become an atheist. I did not know how to pray so I wrote a letter and left it under a table on the pulpit and did research on all the Churches and religions of the world (including those not in Nigeria).
I was determined to even be a Muslim or Mormon if it were. All of them were no good, they preach peace by mouth but willing to kill. Why will I join any religion that claims to have God's approval and promote peace but in times of conflict, they kill one another in the spirit of patriotism and tribalism.

I happily thought of being an atheist where I can follow selfish interests and not be accountable to God but atheists are the most unhappiest people in the planet. They reflect no true joy, purpose, meaning in life. Most of them die like animals- living a purposeless and meaningless life, at old age, you know your life is purposeless and most die depressed. This is not an assumption, I made research. Their joy is ephemeral."

1 Like

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by cornelboy(f): 10:06pm On Nov 01, 2022
Is Becoming An Athiest The Next Step?
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by triple996(m): 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2022
Oga if u wan turn athiest best of luck
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Cypress042(m): 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2022
It's solely your problem mr

Cut your cloth according to the available material undecided
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by LikeAking: 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2022
cornelboy:
"If not for Jehovah, I would have been an atheist. I grew up a Pentecostal but was always empty, God was blank and I knew nothing about him- this hole in me but they tell me I need to be born again and speak in tongues, I could not pray and I hated shouting for my enemies to die when I don't know them.

The hypocrisy was too much in Church and why will you judge me for coming late to church without ask why and seeing me drenched but you say God will put me in hellfire. I once look up at night and said ' God, you are wicked!, you don't even help us in the hellish conditions on earth and you take pleasure in seeing people in eternal torment?'.

I was determined to leave religion but I prayed to God by writing a letter begging him to show me the way or I become an atheist. I did not know how to pray so I wrote a letter and left it under a table on the pulpit and did research on all the Churches and religions of the world (including those not in Nigeria).
I was determined to even be a Muslim or Mormon if it were. All of them were no good, they preach peace by mouth but willing to kill. Why will I join any religion that claims to have God's approval and promote peace but in times of conflict, they kill one another in the spirit of patriotism and tribalism.

I happily thought of being an atheist where I can follow selfish interests and not be accountable to God but atheists are the most unhappiest people in the planet. They reflect no true joy, purpose, meaning in life. Most of them die like animals- living a purposeless and meaningless life, at old age, you know your life is purposeless and most die depressed. This is not an assumption, I made research. Their joy is ephemeral."

Atheism or wat ever u call it is not important... The most important thing is to find your life part, your destiny, your gifts, talents, etc....

Becoming useful and productive is the most important thing in life.

This is an area the black race has been robed off..

They distracted us with religious tins...

Lets be focused...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by LordReed(m): 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2022
cornelboy:

LoLz! Where do you people get all these things about atheists being miserable and purposeless from? I am an atheist and I am not miserable and purposeless. Do you just make this stuff up or is someone feeding you this garbage?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by cornelboy(f): 11:26pm On Nov 01, 2022
LikeAking:

Atheism or wat ever u call it is not important... The most important thing is to find your life part, your destiny, your gifts, talents, etc....
Becoming useful and productive is the most important thing in life.
This is an area the black race has been robed off..
They distracted us with religious tins...
Lets be focused...
The most important thing is too find true God.
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by cornelboy(f): 11:28pm On Nov 01, 2022
triple996:
Oga if u wan turn athiest best of luck
I'm studying with the Jehovah witnesses, the only group doing God's will on earth now.
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by LikeAking: 11:32pm On Nov 01, 2022
cornelboy:

The most important thing is too find true God.

Na!!!

You have been brain washed...

Find ur life path, skills, talents, etc... Become productive and useful

All these one true God things na distraction... A reason Nigeria is backward... We fail to find our life paths, destiny, potentials... Dev skills, talents, solve problems, innovate...

5 Likes

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Snitch24(m): 11:46pm On Nov 01, 2022
One thing I've believe so far in life is that nothing is wrong and nothing is Right
I'm open for questioning

For instance
Why did the Vaticans remove those pages from the bible
Why does the origin of Christianity has so many book they pay homage to
The Pentecostal is so full of hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by LordReed(m): 7:58am On Nov 02, 2022
cornelboy:

I'm studying with the Jehovah witnesses, the only group doing God's will on earth now.

Oh no wonder! I see where you get the garbage about atheists from.

6 Likes

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:11am On Nov 02, 2022
LordReed:

Oh no wonder! I see where you get the garbage about atheists from.

Is atheism the answer?
To be honest, we don't have atheists in Nigeria. We don't have one. I'm talking about real atheists not these ones that argue or simply bark that there's no God. Go and do research on the real atheists especially what happens to them towards the end of their life. They're depressed and unhappy
Atheists believe that life has no maker, no good, no bad, no purpose, no meaning. The only thing we know is some of the powerful quotes they say but little is told about how they end. Did you know that UK greatest writer, Mark Twain was an atheist? There are several others
At the end, when you hold up the belief that life has no good, no direction, no sense of purpose or meaning. It leads to a life devoid of satisfaction and accomplishments but loneliness. In their youths, they can sleep with all the girls, have all the fun, abuse drugs, party and make all the money in the world, fame and beauty and do all they want but when it is time they know that death is coming or they lose all of these and theyr realize that youthfulness is vain and they used it in vain pursuits, they get depressed. Nothing lasts, the things you are good at can be overcome by age or disability and someone takes over from you and you're forgotten.
Acknowledging that man has a Maker and living our lives according to how that Maker purposed it to be (like every other complex machinery) gives our lives meaning and a sense of purpose. Doing otherwise, we hurt ourselves morally, spiritually, emotionally and financially

1 Like

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Maynman: 8:28am On Nov 02, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Is atheism the answer?
To be honest, we don't have atheists in Nigeria. We don't have one. I'm talking about real atheists not these ones that argue or simply bark that there's no God. Go and do research on the real atheists especially what happens to them towards the end of their life. They're depressed and unhappy
Atheists believe that life has no maker, no good, no bad, no purpose, no meaning. The only thing we know is some of the powerful quotes they say but little is told about how they end. Did you know that UK greatest writer, Mark Twain was an atheist? There are several others
At the end, when you hold up the belief that life has no good, no direction, no sense of purpose or meaning. It leads to a life devoid of satisfaction and accomplishments but loneliness. In their youths, they can sleep with all the girls, have all the fun, abuse drugs, party and make all the money in the world, fame and beauty and do all they want but when it is time they know that death is coming or they lose all of these and theyr realize that youthfulness is vain and they used it in vain pursuits, they get depressed. Nothing lasts, the things you are good at can be overcome by age or disability and someone takes over from you and you're forgotten.
Acknowledging that man has a Maker and living our lives according to how that Maker purposed it to be (like every other complex machinery) gives our lives meaning and a sense of purpose. Doing otherwise, we hurt ourselves morally, spiritually, emotionally and financially
You need to first learn what “athiest” means.

Are theists all dumb?

2 Likes

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:29am On Nov 02, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Is atheism the answer?
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:31am On Nov 02, 2022
Maynman:

Are theists all dumb?
Do you care to know what "Christian" mean? wink

1 Like

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Maynman: 8:34am On Nov 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Do you care to know what "Christian" mean? wink
The opposite of atheism is theism, Christianity is under theism cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Maynman: 8:38am On Nov 02, 2022
Nothing in his bio says theist or atheist.
Theists are so desperate.

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by LordReed(m): 8:39am On Nov 02, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Is atheism the answer?

If you knew what atheism is you wouldn't ask this question.

Where did you do your research from? Your backyard?

It's now clear you don't even know what atheism is.

Atheists believe that life has no maker, no good, no bad, no purpose, no meaning. The only thing we know is some of the powerful quotes they say but little is told about how they end. Did you know that UK greatest writer, Mark Twain was an atheist?

LMFAO! Guy you are clearly trying to sound smart but are steeped in ignorance. Mark Twain was not British. How can this simple thing you could have looked up in 2 seconds have eluded you. Abi you got your own Mark Twain from that backyard you did research in.

There are several others

By Andromeda you are full of bullshit. Stop doing research in your backyard, a lot of cows must have camped there. Bwahahahahaha.

5 Likes

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:46am On Nov 02, 2022
Maynman:

Are theists all dumb?

Do you know why I love atheists? They easily parade themselves and attack God and those claiming to worship God. They boldly attack God but when they come across REAL Christians, not the ones that listen to one Daddy G.O and all they do is go to Church on Sundays and dance, put offerings and say loud 'AMEN'
When atheists meet REAL Christians that study the bible. They turn chameleon. I have such experiences 'Did I say God does not exist?', 'I never said I'm at atheist, I'm only being critical', 'I know there's God but I don't agree on what the Bible says on this or that', 'I'm only asking questions', 'I'm a Christian too and I love God pass you sef'.

There's no atheists in Nigeria, just some angry bigots
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Maynman: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Do you know why I love atheists? They easily parade themselves and attack God and those claiming to worship God. They boldly attack God but when they come across REAL Christians, not the ones that listen to one Daddy G.O and all they do is go to Church on Sundays and dance, put offerings and say loud 'AMEN'
When atheists meet REAL Christians that study the bible. They turn chameleon. I have such experiences 'Did I say God does not exist?', 'I never said I'm at atheist, I'm only being critical', 'I know there's God but I don't agree on what the Bible says on this or that', 'I'm only asking questions', 'I'm a Christian too and I love God pass you sef'.

There's no atheists in Nigeria, just some angry bigots
Ramblings from a theist. Doesn’t even make sense like the deities you are worshipping.

First learn what “atheist” mean.
It seems one has to be an illiterate to be a theist.

2 Likes

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:49am On Nov 02, 2022
LordReed:

If you knew what atheism is you wouldn't ask this question.

Where did you do your research from? Your backyard?

It's now clear you don't even know what atheism is.

LMFAO! Guy you are clearly trying to sound smart but are steeped in ignorance. Mark Twain was not British. How can this simple thing you could have looked up in 2 seconds have eluded you. Abi you got your own Mark Twain from that backyard you did research in.

By Andromeda you are full of bullshit. Stop doing research in your backyard, a lot of cows must have camped there. Bwahahahahaha.

Maybe I'm wrong on his nationality though. Who does not know what atheism is? Shift
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Maynman: 8:49am On Nov 02, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Maybe I'm wrong on his nationality though. Who does not know what atheism is? Shift
You clearly don’t know what is it, theist.

1 Like

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:50am On Nov 02, 2022
Maynman:

Ramblings from a theist. Doesn’t even make sense like the deities you are worshipping.

First learn what “atheist” mean.
It seems one has to be an illiterate to be a theist.
And one has to be very intelligent to be an atheist?!
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Maynman: 8:51am On Nov 02, 2022
Aemmyjah:

And one has to be very intelligent to be an atheist?!
I’m not the one disgracing myself here, theist.
First learn what “atheist” mean, yahweh worshipper.

2 Likes

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:56am On Nov 02, 2022
Maynman:

I’m not the one disgracing myself here, theist.
First learn what “atheist” mean, yahweh worshipper.

You are asking me to learn what atheist mean? Well educate me since you know better
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Maynman: 8:56am On Nov 02, 2022
Aemmyjah:

You are asking me to learn what atheist mean? Well educate me since you know better

Theist, You mean you lack knowledge on what “atheist” mean and you are speaking jargons about what “real atheists” are?
Is that what your deities taught you?

2 Likes

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:59am On Nov 02, 2022
Maynman:

You mean you lack knowledge on what “atheist” mean and you are speaking jargons about what “real atheist” are?
Is that what your deities taught you?

Don't be ridiculous, I'm the one giving you the opportunity here to educate me. Stop being a vegetable. Shoot your shot if you have nothing to fear
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Maynman: 9:01am On Nov 02, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Don't be ridiculous, I'm the one giving you the opportunity here to educate me. Stop being a vegetable. Shoot your shot if you have nothing to fear

Theist, That’s what you have said before making dumb statements on what “atheist” mean.
Your mouth was running earlier why acting like a cretin now?
First learn what “atheist” mean before you talk about who a “real atheist” is.

1 Like

Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by LordReed(m): 9:18am On Nov 02, 2022
Aemmyjah:

2 simple questions: What is atheism? Who is an atheist?
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:27am On Nov 02, 2022
LordReed:

2 simple questions: What is atheism? Who is an atheist?

And why do you want the definition from me? Are you insecure? Or there's an abstract meaning to those definition apart from what we know
A...theos...
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Maynman: 9:28am On Nov 02, 2022
Aemmyjah:

And why do you want the definition from me? Are you insecure? Or there's an abstract meaning to those definition apart from what we know
A...theos...

And what does “theos” mean as we see in THEOlogy wink
Re: Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:33am On Nov 02, 2022
Maynman:

Theist, That’s what you have said before making dumb statements on what “atheist” mean.
Your mouth was running earlier why acting like a cretin now?
First learn what “atheist” mean before you talk about who a “real atheist” is.

Call me dumb or illiterate, you have a chance to come out clean in this forum and defend yourself. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm completely ignorant, educate me then. This is a group. Shoot your shot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yashua , Isa , Jesus , Christ , Found In Egipt / The Secret Of Methuselah's longevity And The Rapture / Baba God Says There Is Somebody That Will Be Overtaken - Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.