Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,637 members, 7,816,620 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? (28813 Views)

Husband Thanks His Wife For Putting His Name Under Her Father's House (Pix) / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Maaverick: 12:09pm On Nov 02, 2022
In developed countries, Good system of government, social amenities, low unemployment rate, good minimum wage/earnings yet most people have 1, 2, 3 children while few have 5+... Or some want no children.

Why do people in African e.g in Nigeria with very bad system of government, no social amenities, high unemployment rate, low pay rate yet people have or give birth to more number of children Or any number yet go ahead to complain how difficult it is to take care of them? Like they don't know it requires money to do things in life

Can't comfortably pay the school fees of the 2 children you have yet adding more children So that you can have 3 or 4 children that you can't pay school fees for?

Your salary is 250k, you finish some of the months with borrowing yet adding more children hence lability undecided

The current living condition your salary is giving, you are finding it difficult to push through yet adding more children Hence making life more difficult or what could be the motive?

A single guy/girl finding it difficult to survive on his/her 100k salary but would go ahead and marry, pour children

Is it a crime to have no children or the number of children your salary can afford?

In my opinion, here we don't value children, human life and the basic wellbeing of the children we give birth to. Hence you see people even in their state of abject poverty adding more children or those that are doing a little better adding more children just to fulfill their desire of having X number of children even when the ones they already have is difficult to maintain.

Another reason is that people don't think or reason for themselves. They just follow the societal norms like zombies and do what everyone is doing.

These things always makes me wonder.

229 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:17pm On Nov 02, 2022
Only God knows the answer to this question. After much thought I believe the answer is that Africans are born with some sort of mental defect. I have seen very intelligent people even making such dumb mistakes.

201 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Maxxim: 12:29pm On Nov 02, 2022
But also notice that in those developed nations they are also concerned about population collapse, More reasons these countries ease up their migration rules so many people can come in and keep their system working.
There's nothing wrong in giving birth as long as these parents can take care of them

105 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Dayaa: 12:33pm On Nov 02, 2022
You are kind of right.
Poor Asians, Europeans and Americans don't reproduce excessively.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 02, 2022
Interesting topic smiley

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by akwesenana: 2:23pm On Nov 02, 2022
Put into consideration reasons like poor family planning:- It's strange to straff your wife with a condom and most people don't know about other family planning methods ir are simply not interested.

Also, family influences matters.
Someone who sired 8 children will pressure his son to have atleast 5.

E no go better for anybody wey go bring someone into this life to suffer!!! angry

I promised myself to never have unprotected sex until I'm stable and I know where I dey go.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Allison012: 4:54pm On Nov 02, 2022
Illiteracy

Ignorance

Family background

Situation of the country

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by MikeyOz: 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2022
Mahnn!! It's a never-ending ancestral mentality!

I asked some friends what their family planning was gonna be like... And they went
"at least 5 is good"

Why??
"Cause their siblings are also 5 in number"

Someothers see it as a means to escape poverty...
As in, they'll have their kids get involved in so many different sort of things to survive, then if MAYBE one becomes successful tomorrow, he'll help the others.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by zed7: 7:16pm On Nov 02, 2022
It's quite funny though, the way some people brag with suffering. I've heard people brag about how they refuse to take annual leave. They believe rest is for the weak.

Some brag about how far they trek daily etc. We have been so used to suffering right from birth that 24 hour power is something to be excited about.

Until you actually visit a developed country you'll never know how stressful and pathetic living in Africa is.

As for the birthing of kids anyhow, that one is unexplainable.

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by shantti(m): 8:07pm On Nov 02, 2022
Imagine a poor jobless man in a face me I face u yard, whose wife sells gin in a small kiosk, giving birth to 9 girls and still not satisfied becos he is looking for a male child. The wife is currently pregnant again.

And am not joking, the man really has no job, he spends most days on a long bench listening to his radio.

158 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by ibechris(m): 8:10pm On Nov 02, 2022
Immediately an African man makes money especially a Nigerian,he would starts looking for things to waste on.

E.g

-Multiple wives.
-Marrying liabilities.
-Giving births to many children they can't afford.
-Gambling.
-Making more friends that consumes his money.
-Building mansions in his interior village while he visits once a year.
-keeping multiple girl friends and living large at the expense of his family e.t.c

All of the above have rendered many people worthless and useless.

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by youngreezy(m): 8:34pm On Nov 02, 2022
most black african men and women are useless,infact most blacks world wide na useless people I swear...look at the blacks in the USA killing each other in the name of smelling gang and they see it as being woke... useless set of people,no education,no skills,no good english,nothing,just wasting their lives on drugs,weed alcohol and blame white men for their stupidity...then you look at the black african village man,chai!!! the worst!!! useless with no brain,stupid mentality especially the ones wey manage make small change,dem go dey brag everywhere....I rant in peace

70 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Maaverick: 6:23am On Nov 03, 2022
Maxxim:
But also notice that in those developed nations they are also concerned about population collapse, More reasons these countries ease up their migration rules so many people can come in and keep their system working.
There's nothing wrong in giving birth as long as these parents can take care of them

Okay but I don't see how the problem of population collapse has to do with the situation I cited facing Africa or Nigeria.

So because their is problem of population collapse in developed countries Nigerians should give birth to number of kids beyond their capabilities?

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Maaverick: 6:47am On Nov 03, 2022
Dayaa:
You are kind of right.

But here in Nigeria it is even the poor that birth excessively.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Maaverick: 7:17am On Nov 03, 2022
UnusualEmissary:
Interesting topic smiley

Interesting issue indeed and many people are guilty of this hence you see the lack of engagement on this types of topics.

Those that have already made the mistake are still adding more children while the rest are also planning to follow in their footsteps.

90million out of about 200million Nigerians are below the poverty line merge with with the unemployment rate and low payment rate, make you wonder how comes our population keeps on rising exponentially.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:46am On Nov 04, 2022
Maaverick:

Interesting issue indeed and many people are guilty of this hence you see the lack of engagement on this types of topics.

Those that have already made the mistake are still adding more children while the rest are also planning to follow in their footsteps.

90million out of about 200million Nigerians are below the poverty line merge with with the unemployment rate and low payment rate, make you wonder how comes our population keeps on rising exponentially.

Honestly I think that number is currently at least 180 million out of 200 million people.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by bigjackass: 8:26am On Nov 04, 2022
the stupid belief that "children are a blessing" or children bring blesing

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by CaveAdullam: 8:29am On Nov 04, 2022
1. With the comments here so far, the Nigerian education system needs to be revamped. The replies may seem plausible but it superficial and don't share a hint about why there is exponential growth in the population of poor people.

2. Human consciousness, that is, deliberate thinking has been alleviated due to the advent and spontaneous improvement in science and technology thereby making us think that everything is because of the way we think or act while oblivious to the root of all these behaviour which is: evolution and genetics.

3. The reason why poor people reproduce higher is that they want to have many offspring that will survive to propagate their genes in the genetic pool. Evolution doesn't care about your science and technology. All it cares about is the successful transfer of genes from one generation to another.

4. Because poor people are poor, many of their children will not survive to adult reproductive age, hence, they reproduce at a high rate so that even though many of them don't survive to adulthood there will be few that will pass their genes.

5. Rich people don't bother reproducing at a high rate because they already have the resources that they can use to raise their offspring to adult reproductive age.

6. These behaviors are rooted in evolution, and not just conscious deliberate thinking. It happens in both rich nations and poor nations. All you need do is to take a sample of either the rich or poor in both nations.

7. In poor nations, this evolutionary behavior is then supported by conscious beliefs like:

A. It is God that gives children.
B. Children are God's blessings.
C. Every new child in the family brings prosperity to the family.

The above is a conscious belief that also has to do with low IQ and lack of wisdom. But remember: genes are acting in their best interest subconsciously.

8. So, it is expedient, for humans to become aware of their nature, behaviors, and biology and not only think that it is just our thinking that matters.

9. Yeah, the black community/Africans have the lowest IQ across the different races (you can scream for all I care), hence, their low cognitive ability. But this doesn't mean that progress and prosperity cannot be achieved. We must understand what's making us lag, and take necessary actions to assuage our condition.

10. In summary, to remain in the gene pool, poor people reproduce a higher number of children because they lack the resources to take care of a few. So, they reproduce more with the hope that few will survive. Rich people reproduce less because they have the resources and can take care of the few children and are cocksure about their survival.

Thanks.

71 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Maxxim: 8:22am On Nov 05, 2022
Maaverick:

Okay but I don't see how the problem of population collapse has to do with the situation I cited facing Africa or Nigeria.

So because their is problem of population collapse in developed countries Nigerians should give birth to number of kids beyond their capabilities?
No, you can see it's an observation right there,
And my conclusion if every parents could be capable to provide for their children, they shouldn't be stopped from giving birth
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by ecolime(m): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2022
People just put themselves under unnecessary pressure. Born pikin wey you fit train, dem no go hear.

This is why Almajiri & urchins full everywhere.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by emmabest2000(m): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2022
Dayaa:
You are kind of right.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Daniel7543: 10:51am On Nov 05, 2022
What goes through the mind of an average Nigerian is sex sex sex sex!

Know this and know peace

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2022
Because they are used to it

here we go

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by datopaper(m): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2022
On having more children. It is african thing. Nothing you can do about it. It will take another century for us to make adjustment. It is our pride.

A man that have 5 wives and 23 children is a pride!. If you don't know, ask your daddy!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Jahzrockballer(m): 10:52am On Nov 05, 2022
Omo
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by MorataFC: 10:52am On Nov 05, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Brendaniel: 10:52am On Nov 05, 2022
It is well...
Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by Ireportlive: 10:53am On Nov 05, 2022
sad

I wonder oo

Marriage without purpose

Job without career or passion

Children with no means to cater for them

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by inoki247: 10:53am On Nov 05, 2022
Abeg jus dey look....

Things we du in diz part of the world I no even understand he dey b like say some people stupidity carry powerbank.....

imagine person wey neva Cater for the 2 or 3 girls wey he bring come diz world go dey follow dem shout he dey find male children...

U don look after the female wey u bring come diz world first or the Male will come to diz world to eat the female as food....

I see someone taking loan from loan app in other to send to woman....

Someone complaining he or she's broke dont av food at home next thing you see dem going to studio to du 15k to 20k photoshoot for birthday....

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? by GoAndVerify: 10:53am On Nov 05, 2022
This question should be directed to all Tinubu supporters.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. / Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" / Missing Person(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.