Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,408 members, 7,839,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. (922 Views)

From Living Soul To Life-giving Spirit / Crowd And Security Greet Prophet Odumeje As He Triumphantly Enters Ukpo, Anambra / Herbalist Kwaku Bonsam Enters Church To Collect His Juju From Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by sonmvayina(m): 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2022
This question has been debated for thousands of years. The Torah establishes that the embryo begins to take form 40 days after conception, but there are varying opinions when the soul enters the body.
When do you think?
Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by 1Sharon(f): 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2022
Lol. Good one.

1 Like

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by Dtruthspeaker: 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2022
Good reason would have told you that this question is for man's Manufacturer and not for men.
Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by sonmvayina(m): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Good reason would have told you that this question is for man's Manufacturer and not for men.

Don't be a dummy..

Your brain is not for decoration..
Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2022
sonmvayina:

Don't be a dummy..

Only a stupid Camry will think it valid to ask another Camry "when does our engine enter into us?"

Your thinking and brainbox is obviously not working.
Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by NNTR: 6:56am On Nov 05, 2022
NNTR:
1 Corinthians 15:45
'So it is written [in Scripture],
“The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL
(an individual);”
the last Adam (Christ) became a life-giving spirit [restoring the dead to life].
'

Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul.

Ezekiel 18:20
'The soul that sinneth, it shall die ...'

The soul, is not spirit+body and never was spirit+body, but, the soul, existentially, is you

sonmvayina, the difference, that you always dont ever see, is that, the spirit, is not you, but rather, your soul, is you and you are soul (i.e. vice versa)

How do you explain from in 1 Corinthians 15:45 there above, how man became a living a soul? Well, frog march to Old Testament to see how in Genesis 2:7, it reveals that it was after God breathed the breath of life (i.e. ruach aka wind, air et cetera) into the Adam's nostrils, that Adam became a living soul. Before any of all that, Adam essentially was a lifeless soul, practically was inanimate, as meaning not alive, not moving, not capable of thinking, not capable of doing anything.

Both the soul and spirit (i.e. the breath of life or ruach aka wind, air et cetera) are gifts. This gift of the soul is yours and yours to keep, but as for, the gift of the spirit, it is not yours to keep, because when all is done and dusted, when one comes to the end of one's life, then the spirit (i.e. the breath of life or ruach aka wind, air et cetera), leaves the body and returns back to its owner, God

Watch this, I have a marvellous, generously well oiled, good functioning and alive spirit within me. Why? Well, it is because, the ruach of God, is not only, purposed, to be only, a life force within me, but in addition to being a life force, the spirit (i.e. the breath of life or ruach aka wind, air et cetera) doubles up, to strengthen me physically and also support me mentally.

It is via the same spirit (i.e. my spirit man) that I communicate with the Godhead. It is with the spirit, that every thing that happens, happened, take or took place are logged and records of them kept.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
'Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely,
and may your entire spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
'

As human beings, we currently are operating in a 3 dimensional setting and world, and in essence man is tripartite, meaning man is made up of three parts, namely which are spirit, soul, and body and 1 Thessalonians 5:23 seen above, is proof, that the three, are not only just distinct but are separate from each other, too.

When with a glorified body, you break the barrier or limitations of a 3 dimensional framework, doing exploits, as in, like walking into a room through the wall, becomes an easy peasy lemon squeezy thing to do

The soul is not spirit, and anyone that advances this heresy, is been influenced by lies coming off from demons and perpetuating falsehoods.

Can a soul live and exist without a spirit? Of course, capital YES. So in closing, anyone advancing or promulgating that soul = spirit, is spiritually dead, and so is handicapped, from being without a spirit, without a spirit, working in his/her favour

As above, so below, and as within, so without. If you know, you know, if still you dont know, then ...

It is easier to deceive someone, than it is, to convince a person they have been deceived, is your case. Satan has released a spirit of deception. Yeah you read right, released it among poor deluded folks, rich in falsehood, rich in misrepresentation of what the absolute truth is et cetera

The most outstanding attribute of a person who's deceived, is the fact that they don't know they're deceived

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

sonmvayina:
This question has been debated for thousands of years. The Torah establishes that the embryo begins to take form 40 days after conception, but there are varying opinions when the soul enters the body.
When do you think?
You are parroting verbatim what you lifted from the pages on Chabad.org
(i.e. https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/5678558/jewish/When-Does-the-Soul-Enter-the-Body.htm webpage,)
when however, 1 Corinthians 15:45 and Genesis 2:7 are clearly two useful and informative verses that sheds light on the question.

It is the ruach, aka wind or breath of God, also referred to as the life-force, that convert an inanimate soul to a living soul.

Essentially, the soul essentially is a product of a fertilised ovum (i.e. a woman's reproductive seed successfully combining with a man's reproductive seed) and it is when the spirit (i.e. ruach, aka wind or breath of God, also referred to as the life-force) enters the fertilised ovum does the fertilised ovum become a living soul.

Interestingly, the living soul is capable of being destroyed, meaning it is not immortal, this is implying that the soul does and can die, however the spirit (i.e. ruach, aka wind or breath of God, also referred to as the life-force) does not die, because it essentially upon expiry, it returns back to its Owner, God, where it came from.

Take note that both the soul and spirit are non-interchangeable abstract entities. The jpeg picture below gives an indication of the differences between the soul and spirit.

Dtruthspeaker:
We do have the Manufacturer's manual aka Owner's manual though that tells us the answer for OP's question nah, havent we?

The Manufacturer's manual aka Owner's manual aka Bible (i.e. Basic Instruction Book for Living on Earth, Believers Instructions Before Leaving Earth, Believers Instructions Before Living Eternally, Best Investment Before Leaving Earth et cetera) is there to search for answer(s) for such questions as this

sonmvayina:
Don't be a dummy..

Was it really necessary to start the thread with such snarky remarks

Dtruthspeaker:
Only a stupid Camry will think it valid to ask another Camry "when does our engine enter into us?"

Your thinking and brainbox is obviously not working.
With jump leads and good battery one Camry can jump start another Camry with a flat battery though

1 Like

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by Dtruthspeaker: 8:29am On Nov 05, 2022
NNTR:

We do have the Manufacturer's manual aka Owner's manual though that tells us the answer for OP's question nah, havent we?...

The Manual only tells us our basic components and a slight description of our manufacturing processes as is usual. And emphasis is on "slight description".

And the Manual does not fully answer the "when"

1 Like

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by Dtruthspeaker: 8:34am On Nov 05, 2022
NNTR:

We do have the Manufacturer's manual aka Owner's manual though that tells us the answer for OP's question nah, havent we?...

The Manual only tells us our basic components and a slight description of our manufacturing processes as is usual. And emphasis is on "slight description".

And the Manual does not fully answer the "whens". The only way we know some whens is at the time our product has finished undergoing the manufacturing process and coming as a finished product.
Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by sonmvayina(m): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

And the Manual does not fully answer the "when"

Thanks...
Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by NNTR: 4:26am On Nov 06, 2022
NNTR:
... Now t.ctrills, I am sure you dont have sawdust for a brain, because that gray matter inside your head, isn't serving just as an ornament, only to decorate your body with. No, but we are blessed with this powerfully built processing functional gift of a brain to positively make use of, for a purpose, for a reason and for such times as these

NNTR:
Do you reckon that the brain is solely just a decorative ornament and not be productively used

I am sure you arent trying to say that A&E, had sawdust for a brain, because that gray matter inside their heads, wasn't serving just as an ornament, only to decorate their body with. No, but they were blessed with that powerfully built processing functional gift of a brain to positively make use of, for a purpose, for a reason and for such times as with the TKGE, left unguardedly placed centrally in the garden of Eden.

So? Do you reckon you can or could have done better.
Is that what you are trying to say?

The true test of someone’s character, can be judge on how they behave when given absolute power. A&E were given absolute power, which they sustained until the one hour. You see that John 2:4, dropped up there, if you know, you know, if you dont, well then means, you didnt connect the dots together properly enough is why.

Dtruthspeaker:

And the Manual does not fully answer the "whens". The only way we know some whens is at the time our product has finished undergoing the manufacturing process and coming as a finished product.
Proverbs 25:2
'It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.'

OR

'It is the glory of God to conceal a matter and the glory of kings to investigate a matter.'

OR

'The glory of God [is] to hide a thing, And the glory of kings [is] to search out a matter.'

OR

'It is God’s privilege to conceal things and the king’s privilege to discover them'

OR

'God is praised for being mysterious; rulers are praised for explaining mysteries.'

John 14:26
'But the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit,
whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf],
He will teach you all things. And He will help you remember everything that I have told you.
'

John 16:13
'But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth [full and complete truth].
For He will not speak on His own initiative, but He will speak whatever He hears
[from the Father—the message regarding the Son],
and He will disclose to you what is to come [in the future].
'

Here is some easy questions for you Dtruthspeaker and sonmvayina for you gives replies to:
1. Tell, me are you familiar with anything called the Spirit of Truth?
2. Are you even familiar with the content of Proverbs 25:2 above?
3. Tell me then what are the things that the Spirit of Truth specifically does.
4. Share with me an inexhaustible list of things the Spirit of Truth does
5. With what in your beingness, meaning which out of your body, soul and spirit, do you link up to the Holy Spirit with?

If as you both claim that '... the Manual does not fully answer the "when" ...' well, I agree that joining and connecting dots, is not the easy skill neither of youse have learnt, and you haven't allowed the Holy Spirit to promote the ability within yourselves

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:58am On Nov 06, 2022
NNTR:
...If as you both claim that '... the Manual does not fully answer the "when" ...' well, I agree that joining and connecting dots, is not the easy skill neither of youse have learnt, and you haven't allowed the Holy Spirit to promote the ability within yourselves.

Knowing this does not give eternal life.
Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by NNTR: 8:28am On Nov 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Knowing this does not give eternal life.
Duh. We are not discussing whether or not knowing this gives eternal life.

Simple, honest and sincere response would have been 'I dont know the answer'

Whats wrong in admitting that you personally dont know, that you havent the capacity to search out, investigate to find out the matter. Now some things in life one just knows. For example, one doesnt have to climb a mountain before one knows it is high

Dont lose hope about not knowing, as you never know what tomorrow might bring you. You possibly might get the epiphany, if you burrow into the matter deeply enough

A defeatist attitude concerning the quest to know, usually is a temporary condition. Giving up the quest to know, is what makes a 'defeatist attitude concerning the quest to know' permanent.

You're in a position of incapable to know beyond your capacity tank bar if its stretched though

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by Dtruthspeaker: 8:32am On Nov 06, 2022
NNTR:
Duh. We are not discussing whether or not knowing this gives eternal life.

Simple, honest and sincere response would have been 'I dont know the answer'

I only pursue life giving things and death avoiding things.
Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by NNTR: 8:42am On Nov 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
I only pursue life giving things and death avoiding things.
Don't we all 'only pursue life giving things and death avoiding things' and more?

Like mentioned, you haven't a clue when does the spirit enters the body/when does the body become a living soul, but arent big enough to admit you dont know the answer to the question, instead prefer hiding behind 'And the Manual does not fully answer the "when"'

Just say, I dont know, and that would suffice

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by Dtruthspeaker: 8:49am On Nov 06, 2022
NNTR:
Don't we all 'only pursue life giving things and death avoiding things' and more?

If we all did, then there wouldn't be suffering and hardship in the land.
Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by NNTR: 8:54am On Nov 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
If we all did, then there wouldn't be suffering and hardship in the land.
You flapping your arms as if like a drowning man in the middle of a fast running river.

We arent discussing suffering and hardship in the land. Please stay focussed on the subject matter being discussed. Quit going on tangents

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:04am On Nov 06, 2022
NNTR:
You flapping your arms as if like a drowning man in the middle of a fast running river.

We arent discussing suffering and hardship in the land. Please stay focussed on the subject matter being discussed. Quit going on tangents

I know! And I had left the thread till you brought me in.
Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by NNTR: 9:18am On Nov 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
I know! And I had left the thread till you brought me in.
That was due to your if I don't know, then, no one else, can know attitude.

No one has a monopoly of truth, so always, meaning, assume you can know things, coming from another person. Anyone can know, but the point is to understand (i.e. Proverbs 4:7)

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:26am On Nov 06, 2022
NNTR:
That was due to your if I don't know, then, no one else, can know attitude.

No one has a monopoly of truth, so always, meaning, assume you can know things, coming from another person. Anyone can know, but the point is to understand (i.e. Proverbs 4:7)

Then let us see if anyone can come forward to give a True Answer.
Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by NNTR: 9:34am On Nov 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Then let us see if anyone can come forward to give a True Answer.
With 1 Corinthians 15:45 and Genesis 2:7 mentioned above, you have the answer in plain sight, but I know for some, they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding, simply because the capacity isnt there
No dulling.

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by Lukuluku69(m): 9:39am On Nov 06, 2022
sonmvayina:
This question has been debated for thousands of years. [b]The Torah establishes that the embryo begins to take form 40 days after conception, [/b]but there are varying opinions when the soul enters the body.
When do you think?

Can you please reference the Chapter/Verse?

1 Like

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:52am On Nov 06, 2022
NNTR:
With 1 Corinthians 15:45 and Genesis 2:7 mentioned above, you have the answer in plain sight, but I know for some, they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding, simply because the capacity isnt there
No dulling.

As I said "a slight description of our manufacturing processes as is usual.in a manual" which does not answer the ops interest as to the specific when and not a general when which is given by the passages you dropped.
Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by NNTR: 10:13am On Nov 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
As I said "a slight description of our manufacturing processes as is usual.in a manual" which does not answer the ops interest as to the specific when and not a general when which is given by the passages you dropped.
As I earlier said you havent the capacity to spot, find, identify the dots, then arrange by joining correctly, to get an appropriate picture from joining and connecting the dots in the two passages dropped

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:26am On Nov 06, 2022
NNTR:
As I earlier said you havent the capacity to spot, find, identify the dots, then arrange by joining correctly, to get an appropriate picture from joining and connecting the dots in the two passages dropped...

Those dots you seek to arrange may not have always occurred in the order in which you think they are arranged eg you may think that when the Camry is being made, it first starts with the chassis, (flesh) then the gears (soul) then the engine. (God's Spirit in man)

But as God may will, he may have made the gear (soul) first then the chasis (flesh) next.

So you see the when, may not always be constant and it is only our Manufacturer Who can give the Accurate Answer, not a Camry.
Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by NNTR: 10:32am On Nov 06, 2022
NNTR:
'It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.'

OR

'It is the glory of God to conceal a matter and the glory of kings to investigate a matter.'

OR

'The glory of God [is] to hide a thing, And the glory of kings [is] to search out a matter.'

OR

'It is God’s privilege to conceal things and the king’s privilege to discover them'

OR

'God is praised for being mysterious; rulers are praised for explaining mysteries.'

John 14:26
'But the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit,
whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf],
He will teach you all things. And He will help you remember everything that I have told you.
'

John 16:13
'But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth [full and complete truth].
For He will not speak on His own initiative, but He will speak whatever He hears
[from the Father—the message regarding the Son],
and He will disclose to you what is to come [in the future].
'

Here is some easy questions for you Dtruthspeaker and sonmvayina for you gives replies to:
1. Tell, me are you familiar with anything called the Spirit of Truth?
2. Are you even familiar with the content of Proverbs 25:2 above?
3. Tell me then what are the things that the Spirit of Truth specifically does.
4. Share with me an inexhaustible list of things the Spirit of Truth does
5. With what in your beingness, meaning which out of your body, soul and spirit, do you link up to the Holy Spirit with?

If as you both claim that '... the Manual does not fully answer the "when" ...' well, I agree that joining and connecting dots, is not the easy skill neither of youse have learnt, and you haven't allowed the Holy Spirit to promote the ability within yourselves

Dtruthspeaker:
Those dots you seek to arrange may not have always occurred in the order in which you think they are arranged eg you may think that when the Camry is being made, it first starts with the chassis, (flesh) then the gears (soul) then the engine. (God's Spirit in man)

But as God may will, he may have made the gear (soul) first then the chasis (flesh) next.

So you see the when, may not always be constant and it is only our Manufacturer Who can give the Accurate Answer, not a Camry.
The dots in Genesis 2:7 clearly reveals at what point Adam became a living soul.

Dont you see that, prior to God breathing into Adam's nostrils the breath of life (i.e. ruach, otherwise known as, the wind of God, and in reality, also known as, life force), Adam essentially was lifeless and so therefore inactive, plainly because the breath of life from God (i.e. ruach, otherwise known as, the wind of God, and in reality, also known as, life force) hadn't entered Adam yet?

Why don't you think the Spirit of Truth has mentioned above wont guide one. Hmm?

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by sonmvayina(m): 11:42am On Nov 06, 2022
NNTR:

The dots in Genesis 2:7 clearly reveals at what point Adam became a living soul.

Dont you see that, prior to God breathing into Adam's nostrils the breath of life (i.e. ruach, otherwise known as, the wind of God, and in reality, also known as, life force), Adam essentially was lifeless and so therefore inactive, plainly because the breath of life from God (i.e. ruach, otherwise known as, the wind of God, and in reality, also known as, life force) hadn't entered Adam yet?

Why don't you think the Spirit of Truth has mentioned above wont guide one. Hmm?

Do you even read your post before you click submit?
What is spirit of truth?

Stop mixing abstract stuff with reality..
Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by NNTR: 11:59am On Nov 06, 2022
sonmvayina:
Do you even read your post before you click submit?
I do more than read post(s) before clicking submit. Are you happy now?

sonmvayina:
What is spirit of truth?
I sense you have an itch to share what you know what the spirit of truth is, so please be my guest, do not delay, please share here, all you know what the spirit of truth is. Thanks

sonmvayina:
Stop mixing abstract stuff with reality..
Love is abstract and at the same time reality.
Just as the love of God is an abstract idea. Just as God is abstract, so the spirit of truth too is abstract

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by sonmvayina(m): 1:21pm On Nov 06, 2022
[url][/url]
NNTR:
I do more than read post(s) before clicking submit. Are you happy now?

I sense you have an itch to share what you know what the spirit of truth is, so please be my guest, do not delay, please share here, all you know what the spirit of truth is. Thanks

Love is abstract and at the same time reality.
Just as the love of God is an abstract idea. Just as God is abstract, so the spirit of truth too is abstract

Make sense please..

This is not a kindergarten picnic

1 Like

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by Maynnmaan: 1:51pm On Nov 06, 2022
sonmvayina:
When do you think?
What do you understand by “soul”, “spirit” and “body”.

1 Like

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by NNTR: 1:59pm On Nov 06, 2022
sonmvayina:
Make sense please..

This is not a kindergarten picnic
You dont have the indwelling Holy Spirit aka Spirit of Truth in you, as a result, you simply could not accurately process nor see anything that makes sense

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by sonmvayina(m): 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2022
NNTR:
You dont have the indwelling Holy Spirit aka Spirit of Truth in you, as a result, you simply could not accurately process nor see anything that makes sense

And you somehow have this holy spirit?

Ok..
If this spirit brings ignorance and illiteracy

I jump am pass

1 Like

Re: When Does The Spirit Enters The Body/when Does The Body Become A Living Soul. by Maynnmaan: 2:25pm On Nov 06, 2022
NNTR:

Truth is not objective, truth is subjective.
And truth is open to criticism anytime and anyday.
Truth is not found in one random book.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Abel Boma 2024 Prophecies / Site On Bible Distribution / If The Trumpet Should Sound Now What Would Be Your Fate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.