Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,600 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Madam Trying To Outsmart Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Madam Trying To Outsmart Me (1065 Views)

Madam & Her Maid: This Happened In The Church Today. / My House Maid Has Become My Madam In My Own Home / My Madam And Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madam Trying To Outsmart Me by ayomilore: 2:22pm On Nov 06, 2022
There is a business deal, though she sources for clients but I assist her handle the deal at a fair rate that leave her with a reasonable amount as profit margin but instead of adopting 50:50 sharing formula, I just discovered she's giving me 30% of the deal profit, how do I handle this? If I stop the assistance I doubt she will see anywhere else to run that deal at the rate I'm giving her .
Re: Madam Trying To Outsmart Me by Candidlady: 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2022
ayomilore:
There is a business deal, though she sources for clients but I assist her handle the deal at a fair rate that leave her with a reasonable amount as profit margin but instead of adopting 50:50 sharing formula, I just discovered she's giving me 30% of the deal profit, how do I handle this? If I stop the assistance I doubt she will see anywhere else to run that deal at the rate I'm giving her .

@bolded
There are many people out there who are ready to even collect 10% as far they are getting something

No go dey form indispensable •••kefa's words•••
If one dies today another is given birth to someone else..

My Lil cent is talk to her but very politely or better just manage whatever she is giving you until allah makes another way for you

My Lil cent lemme drop mic so elders in the house can talk
Re: Madam Trying To Outsmart Me by Karleb(m): 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2022
A man brought similar issue here but in his case, his wife was as the receiving end and he was advised to make it 50:50.

Let's see how the so called elders will approach this. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Madam Trying To Outsmart Me by sisisioge: 3:08pm On Nov 06, 2022
Are you business partners? Who owns the capital? There should be a cost of capital too baba. So in my opinion, profit should be split in 3 ways: Capital takes 33.3%, madam takes 33.3% and you take 33.3%.

But if you aren't business partners take whatever you're given biko.
Re: Madam Trying To Outsmart Me by ayomilore: 3:56pm On Nov 06, 2022
sisisioge:
Are you business partners? Who owns the capital? There should be a cost of capital too baba. So in my opinion, profit should be split in 3 ways: Capital takes 33.3%, madam takes 33.3% and you take 33.3%.

But if you aren't business partners take whatever you're given biko.

I negotiate with the capital owner for a fair rate, she doesn't have any link with the capital owner. If I didn't do this, she will be stranded, she has been complaining to me that she gradually loosing clients due to rate they are giving her.
Re: Madam Trying To Outsmart Me by Helpout12345: 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2022
I assumed the "madam" is your wife.

Looking at it with strictly business eyes, she brought the job. You were paid for your service by your statement "of giving her the best rate".

The only thing missing in your naration is the source of the capital. Who is the source of the capital ?

If she is the source of the capital and the contract, she deserves higher shares than you. If you are the source of the capital while she is the contract source, you can share profit equally. Sharing formula depends on your negotiation and agreement. Always firm up all agreements including sharing formula before entering into any business.

Now, looking at it with family eyes, even if you are the source of the capital, once she had returned the capital back to you, and she is offering you 30pct of the profits, you should take it with love for the sake of your family.

1 Like

Re: Madam Trying To Outsmart Me by sisisioge: 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2022
ayomilore:

I negotiate with the capital owner for a fair rate, she doesn't have any link with the capital owner. If I didn't do this, she will be stranded, she has been complaining to me that she gradually loosing clients due to rate they are giving her.

So cost of capital has been deducted from the gross.....nicey. But are you her business partner? Did you have a prior arrangement as to how profit will be shared? Imagine your wife wanting half of your salary just because she makes your food, wakes you up on time for work, spoke to a neighbor that gives you a ride to work everyday, even helped you get the job. You aren't her business partner fa, dont expect half of her income. The 30% you got is a fair fee for getting her a good rate. Dont be greedy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Loneliness Is A Very Bad Thing. / Storyline: Add A Paragraph To Tell A Story [move New Location] / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.