Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership (26928 Views)

BREAKING: Liverpool Have Been Put Up For Sale By Fenway Sports Group / Alan Hard: Notts County Owner Puts Club For Sale After Posting Nude On Twitter / Who Will Win The Champions League Final Between Real Madrid And Liverpool FC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by chisomkachy: 3:16pm On Nov 07, 2022
Fenway Sports Group (FSG) has put Liverpool up for sale.

A full sales presentation has been produced for interested parties.

FSG has looked at opportunities in the past but decided against moving forward with them. It is unclear whether or not a deal will eventually be done, but FSG is inviting offers.

Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley have been retained to assist with the process.

A statement from FSG, who also own the Boston Red Sox, to The Athletic read: “There have been a number of recent changes of ownership and rumours of changes in ownership at EPL clubs and inevitably we are asked regularly about Fenway Sports Group’s ownership in Liverpool.

“FSG has frequently received expressions of interest from third parties seeking to become shareholders in Liverpool. FSG has said before that under the right terms and conditions we would consider new shareholders if it was in the best interests of Liverpool as a club.

“FSG remains fully committed to the success of Liverpool, both on and off the pitch.”

The group has owned Liverpool since October 2010, when it bought the club from George Gillett Jr. and Tom Hicks.

During that time, Liverpool appointed Jurgen Klopp as manager. They won their first Premier League title in 2019-20, which was also their first championship for 30 years. They also captured the FA Cup, Carabao Cup and the Champions League.

During FSG’s ownership Anfield has been transformed, with a new £110million Main Stand, while the Anfield Road Stand is being redeveloped. That £80m project will be completed next summer and boost capacity to around 61,000.

FSG has also overseen the club’s move from Melwood to a new £50m training facility in Kirkby.

It is principally owned by John W. Henry, who was one of two founders alongside chairman Tom Werner. FSG also own the Red Sox, television network NESN, 50 per cent of Roush Fenway Racing and Fenway Sports Management.

FSG sold an 11 per cent stake in the company for $750m (£655m) to RedBird Capital Partners last year and subsequently bought a controlling stake in top-flight NHL ice hockey team the Pittsburgh Penguins.

There have been controversial elements to FSG’s ownership of the club. In 2019, they were criticised after the club tried to trademark the name Liverpool, with supporters’ group Spirit of Shankly campaigning against the move.

Liverpool were also one of six Premier League sides to commit to the failed European Super League last year. After protests, they withdrew from the project. Henry apologised publicly to the fans.

When Werner spoke to The Athletic in May, he insisted FSG wasn’t going anywhere. He said: “Yes, we still see it as a long-term project. We are hungry to win more trophies for the club.”

The most recent takeover of a major Premier League side was the Todd Boehly-led purchase of Chelsea, which cost £2.5billion.

https://theathletic.com/3770928/2022/11/07/fsg-liverpool-for-sale/

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by ZUKKYY(m): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
angry
Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Erotex(m): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
First
Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Thebigheart: 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Franchise21(m): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
OK
Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Samadayo(m): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
No be small thing

2 Likes

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Dangrace01: 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
Recession?

Dangote should buy it

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Agricmoney(m): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
Make person buy give me na

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by ZUKKYY(m): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by eallstar: 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
H
Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by backtalkG(m): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
Today I had exam in school. When i was don, I raised my hand and yelled LIVERPOOL my teacher smiled and took my paper. She knew I was finished cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by raymondFirstborn(m): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
Wow
Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by tonye33(m): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
grin

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Thesaint141(m): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by VIKTO83(m): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
I'm sure they won't remain the same heavyweight afterwards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Realwvn(m): 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2022
The end of an era, smart owners trying to cash out good while they can

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Joniww(m): 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2022
Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Joebayo217: 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2022
Make Glazer's sell man u na

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Ologundudu2020: 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2022
yes this the perfect chance, Obi should buy the club now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by big7: 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2022
Nice.. Make one Arab billionaire come buy my club biko

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Roboto11: 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2022
How much?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Dshocker(m): 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2022
Arabs will take over

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by bellyjean(m): 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2022
Wow
Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by nairalee(m): 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2022
When will the Glazers sell United to Arab owners?

MAN Utd will continue going down unless something drastic is changed ASAP

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by MorataFC: 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2022
I want buy sef
Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Amb1045(m): 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2022
Wow. Politics in football, these guys want to cash out from their investment at the right time. Returns from football gain is not much rather football is a platform use for money laundering. They should sell the club before karma catches up with them. Abrahamovic is the best investor in football, dude was investing his personal money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by chris4gold(m): 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2022
Let me make my interest known.
Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Mindlog: 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2022
Arab money loading...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by pman06(m): 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2022
Wow. As a fan, I'm speechless.

Hopefully whoever buys, will continue the shrewd spending and player purchases that Fenway Sports is known for. They brought the moneyball idea to Liverpool and we are better off for it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by sharpshap(m): 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2022
After 17 years of supporting Liverpool FC, emilokan. It's my turn to own the club.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fenway Sports Group Puts Liverpool FC Up For Sale After 12 Years Of Ownership by Treasure17(m): 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2022
Buhari should buy the club.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Jose Mourinho Made El-clasico Atmosphere Unbearable" - Andres Iniesta / Awka City Stadium In Anambra (Pictures) / Oshoala, Enganamouit, Onguene And Ebi In Accra For CAF Awards (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.