Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa Or Australian 491 Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa Or Australian 491 Visa (818 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / 491 Libyan Returnees Land In Port-harcourt (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Skilled Worker Visa Or Australian 491 Visa by Martiny(m): 8:47am On Nov 11, 2022
Hi all, I'm currently on a skilled worker Visa (Healthcare Worker Visa) in the UK since this June and my nomination for a 491 in South Australia has just been approved, yet to lodge the Visa. Please I'm wondering if it is really worth it leaving my current UK skilled worker Visa for the 491 Visa in Australia.

Please I really need to be properly guided.
Thank you all.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa Or Australian 491 Visa by thorpido(m): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2022
If you wish to say more,then you will get more guidance.
What profession is your profession?
Are you licenced to practice in the UK and Australia?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa Or Australian 491 Visa by Martiny(m): 7:17am On Nov 12, 2022
I'm on a Skilled worker Visa here in the UK, with the right to work as a care worker, the Australian 491 Visa which I've just been nominated to apply for will also qualify me to work there.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa Or Australian 491 Visa by felixzo1(m): 9:38pm On Nov 12, 2022
Martiny:
I'm on a Skilled worker Visa here in the UK, with the right to work as a care worker, the Australian 491 Visa which I've just been nominated to apply for will also qualify me to work there.
will your current job in the UK lead to permanent residence? if not find your to where where PR is possible in 3 years.you are free to work in any profession on your 491 visa not just care worker.more pay rates for aus is higher
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa Or Australian 491 Visa by Martiny(m): 5:16am On Nov 13, 2022
Yes, my current work and Visa qualify me for PR when I've spent 5years.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa Or Australian 491 Visa by felixzo1(m): 7:26am On Nov 13, 2022
Martiny:
Yes, my current work and Visa qualify me for PR when I've spent 5years.
if you enjoy your work and like the UK its fine. But you want to explore more and adventure and better weather then try Australia

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa Or Australian 491 Visa by ashatoda: 8:09am On Nov 13, 2022
I believe a company in UK sponsored your visa to UK. What will be the gain of the company that sponsored you? Is there no number of years or months in the agreement you signed with them?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa Or Australian 491 Visa by Martiny(m): 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2022
Yeah, a skilled worker is always sponsored by an employer to get a Visa, their gain is simply my rendered services. My contract is 3 years in the first instance but it could be discontinued if an employer wishes.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa Or Australian 491 Visa by felixzo1(m): 5:35am On Nov 14, 2022
Martiny:
Yeah, a skilled worker is always sponsored by an employer to get a Visa, their gain is simply my rendered services. My contract is 3 years in the first instance but it could be discontinued if an employer wishes.
if I were you, I will try the south Australia thing. What garaantee do you have that your employment will be renewed after 3 years.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa Or Australian 491 Visa by ashatoda: 7:15am On Nov 14, 2022
Martiny:
You're giving a 3 year contract and within months you want to renege on the agreement? If you're in the shoes of the company how will you feel? Yes all Japa games is basically to have another passport but you said it there that it can be discontinued BY THE EMPLOYER. How do you want to discontinue it without rancor as the employee?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa Or Australian 491 Visa by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:29am On Nov 16, 2022
ashatoda:

You're giving a 3 year contract and within months you want to renege on the agreement? If you're in the shoes of the company how will you feel? Yes all Japa games is basically to have another passport but you said it there that it can be discontinued BY THE EMPLOYER. How do you want to discontinue it without rancor as the employee?
What are you on about exactly? Do you realize that his employment can be discontinued abruptly by his employer and if that happens he is screwed as he would be required to find another employer within a short time or head back home. I want to believe the contract says he has to work with them for 3 years and no other employer in the UK and in his case, it’s a different country entirely.

@martiny Please lodge your visa first and once it has been approved, you can then decide if you want to stay back in the UK or go to Australia. To get nominated in Australia is not an easy venture.

(1) (Reply)

Best Place To Go On Holiday / Plane Crash Again? / Is It Wise To Finally Move Back To Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.