Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Will A Laundromat Business Boom In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Will A Laundromat Business Boom In Nigeria? (2876 Views)

Emefiele Predicts Economic Boom For Nigeria In 2018 / The Ice-block Business Boom Era Is Here / Sales Of Sachet Water Boom In Kano. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will A Laundromat Business Boom In Nigeria? by razznaija(f): 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2011
Am asking if i open a laundromat in Nigeria, would people like the idea?
Re: Will A Laundromat Business Boom In Nigeria? by stagger: 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2011
There is one already booming in TransAmadi area of PH.
Re: Will A Laundromat Business Boom In Nigeria? by macroworld: 11:29am On Aug 25, 2011
I would imagine there is a need for the business in Nigeria. Just do a Proper feasibility appraisal. This should include demographic analysis, location etc.
Target the right audience and it can be successful. Depending on the audience you are targeting, you might even have add-on services.

You also need to embark on some consumer Behavioural analysis.

I can raise some questions below to get that objective thinking going.

1. Will it be in a very affluent area where everyone already has a Washing Machine drier at Home?
2. Will it be in an area where People have access to House help who do their washings for them?
3. Will the group in number two move to your business, if you offer them good value?
4. What value will you offer them to make it worth it?
5. Because they are working class, will you offer them a service of leaving their laundry in the morning and collect in the evening?
What is the impact of above point on Staffing Cost to you ?
6. You also need to build issues that are Unique to Nigeria into your cost appraisal like electricity supply and the need for you to power your machines with generator on a continuous basis or at least when electricity fails.

It is a good business, but just raised some of the issues above to inform your decision.

I wish you the very best.
Re: Will A Laundromat Business Boom In Nigeria? by razznaija(f): 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2011
macroworld:

I would imagine there is a need for the business in Nigeria. Just do a Proper feasibility appraisal. This should include demographic analysis, location etc.
Target the right audience and it can be successful. Depending on the audience you are targeting, you might even have add-on services.

You also need to embark on some consumer Behavioural analysis.

I can raise some questions below to get that objective thinking going.

1. Will it be in a very affluent area where everyone already has a Washing Machine drier at Home?
2. Will it be in an area where People have access to House help who do their washings for them?
3. Will the group in number two move to your business, if you offer them good value?
4. What value will you offer them to make it worth it?
5. Because they are working class, will you offer them a service of leaving their laundry in the morning and collect in the evening?
What is the impact of above point on Staffing Cost to you ?
6. You also need to build issues that are Unique to Nigeria into your cost appraisal like electricity supply and the need for you to power your machines with generator on a continuous basis or at least when electricity fails.

It is a good business, but just raised some of the issues above to inform your decision.

I wish you the very best.

Thanks i was thinking about opening it somewhere around mbgouba, i'm not sure i spell' t it right.
Re: Will A Laundromat Business Boom In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:45am On Sep 13, 2011
laundromat services can survive anywhere.

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Reserves Fall To $32.3bn from $35.9 bn In August / GEJ's Economic Reforms Endorsed By Improved Fitch Ratings? / Federal Government Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.