Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,555 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) (85910 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2011
dayokanu:

Deborah,

You need medical attention.

Wankott now plays defence or his shot vs Swansea was on goal?

deborah is an obnoxious swine!

he's been preaching to everyone including the deaf that walcott scored at old trafford - one would think walcott scored an equaliser there or scored a winner. the match was already 3-0 when walcott scored. . . . .united defenders were already in the damage mode for some end to end attacking football when walcott scored. in the end, the same match ended 8-2. something debosky often forgets. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by A40(m): 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2011
U people have started chatting nonsense about Walcott again! When would u niggas learn?? Name one forward player who has been more productive this season? Smh
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2011
A-40:

U people have started chatting nonsense about Walcott again! When would u niggas learn?? Name one forward player who has been more productive this season? Smh

You dey mind them? And dudu sef dey nod head like agama lizard that walcott is the weak link.

SMH

@ Sharon

Whether damage mode or drunken mode, attackers always look for chances to score - they don't sit back and just give up. Even if we remove the Utd goal, he's scored twice in the CL qualifiers and provided an assist in the first group game. If he is the weak link then there's no attack at all at Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2011
debosky:

@ Sharon

Whether damage mode or drunken mode, attackers always look for chances to score - they don't sit back and just give up. Even if we remove the Utd goal, he's scored twice in the CL qualifiers and provided an assist in the first group game. If he is the weak link then there's no attack at all at Arsenal.

in the country of the blind like arsenal fc, he might be your best performer. . . . .but in the grand scheme of things, walcott is shyte!

on a scale of one to ten . . .
1 being the shittiest winger you know and 10 being ronaldo, messi, etc.
how would you rate theo walcott?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2011
coogar:

in the country of the blind like arsenal fc, he might be your best performer. . . . .

That is what this discussion is about - I don't really give a flying fart about the rest of your meaningless waffle.

If you want to 'rate him' in comparison to other strikers, open up a new thread to do that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 11:07pm On Sep 16, 2011
coogar:

in the country of the blind like arsenal fc, he might be your best performer. . . . .but in the grand scheme of things, walcott is shyte!

on a scale of one to ten . . .
1 being the shittiest winger you know and 10 being ronaldo, messi, etc.
how would you rate theo walcott?

10 - Ronaldo, Messi

9- Robben, Ribery

8- Nani, Pedro

7 - Milos Krasic, Angel Dimaria

6 - Eden Hazard, Santi cazorla

5- Dzsudzsák, Ashley Young, Arda Turan

4 - Valencia, Adam johnson, Jesus Navas

3- Bale, Aaron Lennon, Marko Marin

2 - THEO WALCOTT,

1 Pius Ikedia , Manga Mohhamed  grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 12:49pm On Sep 17, 2011
debosky:

Absolute bollocks.

Walcott is a weak link in our attack, yet he scored against Udinese (home and away), scored against United at OT, had the shot on goal that led to our goal against Swansea and played the through ball pass for our goal against Dortmund.

If that is what a weak link does (either assisting or scoring in every game he has played apart from Newcastle) then I pray all our players become weak links.

Dunno where you guys sit and dream up some of these posts.

Ox should play in the CC against Shrewsbury and show us what he can do - if he can deliver against them then he can start asking for a place as a substitute. No one in that forward line is CURRENTLY as productive as Theo.

Egbon Debo, I am only saying he shouldn't be seeing 90mins. He may be contributing when you look at the big picture, but I think more can be achieved from that right wing than we are achieving now
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2011
Hmmmm
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2011
Clearly, Wenger agrees with me and Uncle Dudu that Walcott doesn't deserve 90 mins with his current form
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2011
See as Formica peels off Mertersacker like he isnt there in the 52min

Great save Szezeny.

Una don buy market this season, Shebi I warn Una, Na formica wey no fast be dat ooo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by KayDee4: 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2011
OMG !!! what a calamity
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Krayola(m): 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2011
4-2 grin grin

Wenger, out!!

una suppose sub wenger comot. Him for don dip wella
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by biolabee(m): 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2011
1406: So Arsenal, despite domininating for most of this match, are behind. [size=16pt]Same old defensive problems,[/size] I'm afraid. Can they respond? Nearly. Robin van Persie is quickest to a corner and sends a glancing header wide of the near post.

bbc
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2011
dayokanu:

See as Formica peels off Mertersacker like he isnt there in the 52min

Great save Szezeny.

Una don buy market this season, Shebi I warn Una, Na formica wey no fast be dat ooo

dayo, we warned debosky and his army of lunatics. . . .
they will not agree. . . . .per metresacker is not better than john o'shea!

yakubu with a dying career has re-established himself in the premier league.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2011
70th minute

Blackburn 4 Arsenal 2

Blackburn have yet to win a single game this season

Arsenal have conceded 15 goals domestically in 5 games this season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by biolabee(m): 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2011
1415: Incredible scenes at Ewood Park, where Blackburn have only had three shots on target and scored four goals. At this rate, the Arsenal fans will be holding their own march after the game, calling for Arsene Wenger to be sacked.

DavePayn on Twitter: "A performance from Arsenal that could be described as 'So-so' - 'Same Old - Same Old'."

disaster!!!!!SONG OUT undecided undecided undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 2:22pm On Sep 17, 2011
coogar:

dayo, we warned debosky and his army of lunatics. . . .
they will not agree. . . . .yakubu with a dying career has re-established himself in the premier league.

I am waiting for the

"Lets see him in Arsenal colours" brigade. The Mertersacker defence has conceded 5 goals in 3 games against dreadful teams like Swansea and Blackburn who are not known for their attacking prowess
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Krayola(m): 2:24pm On Sep 17, 2011
dayokanu:

I am waiting for the

"Lets see him in Arsenal colours" brigade. The Mertersacker defence has conceded 5 goals in 3 games against dreadful teams like Swansea and Blackburn who are not known for their attacking prowess

ummmm, neither are Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by biolabee(m): 2:26pm On Sep 17, 2011
NO NEED FOR A WANKFEST
if squillaci was in we would have concede 8 goals again

Per is still better than Squi
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Krayola(m): 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2011
biolabee:

Per is still better than Squi

Datsun Cherry is better than volkswagen beetle. Kini big deal?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by biolabee(m): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2011
krayola, true dat but what it means is that we have poor defensive organisation and even if rio-vidic plays for us, they will concede

We conceded the most goals % from the set pieces and this has been consitent for the last 4-5 years
We stand off the ball, dont attack set pieces and all which is the still the same old same old
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Krayola(m): 2:32pm On Sep 17, 2011
Scooby doo has better decision making capabilities than theo walcott
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by biolabee(m): 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2011
and so?
we know he has no football brain

just give him the ball and he would shoot

But seriusly dont you guys get tired, Even Fergie could not poke fun at Wengie at Old Trafford after the third goal. He stopped celebrating
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2011
Krayola:

grin grin

Wicked man
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2011
Krayola:

Seriously.

Van Persie must be the most useless player alive

See him shooting straight at the keeper like a dummy

Has he forgotten the word "PLACING"
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 2:39pm On Sep 17, 2011
Krayola:

debosky thinks not. . . . .he feels walcott is the best winger in the northern hemisphere

dayokanu:

Seriously.

Van Persie must be the most useless player alive

See him shooting straight at the keeper like a dummy

Has he forgotten the word "PLACING"

considering the fact that he's even left footed. . . . .
shift the ball to the left, bend it to the far corner of the post. . . .

no common sense at all. . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by biolabee(m): 2:39pm On Sep 17, 2011
Wenger laments the missing voice!
By Myles Palmer

On Thursday morning I saw Wenger on TV

I've been thinking about what he said.

I didn't really need to think about it. I knew straight away what I thought.

But I decided to chew it over for two days.

I decided to sleep on the match and then sleep on the great man's remarks

On balance, as far as I can see, Sky Sports News is doing Wenger no favours by broadcasting his apologies.

Mike Wedderburn said, "Arsene Wenger publicly criticised his defence after they conceded a late equaliser.”

And then Wenger said, " Nobody looks from the outside to take really charge of the organisation side. There’s no voice when the organisation drops a little bit, you don’t feel that anybody takes charge on alertness. We need to communicate much better than that. The way we conceded this corner is, of course, very disappointing."

He's talking about an Arsenal shambles as if it's nothing to do with him !

Read those words and weep, Gooners :

"Nobody looks from the outside to take really charge of the organisation side. There’s no voice when the organisation drops a little bit, you don’t feel that anybody takes charge on alertness. We need to communicate much better than that. The way we conceded this corner is, of course, very disappointing"

Arsene, you don’t teach defence ! You only do half your job. You take £6 million a year but you only do half your job !You don’t allow your players to shout at each other. You’re the sole author of that failure. Every player was signed and trained by you. Squillaci was an experienced defender signed by you. Koscielny is a centreback you lined up a year in advance. But your team of clowns can’t even hold onto a 2-1 against 10 men.

Without Arshavin to score one goal and make a second, you could easily have got stuffed 4-0.

You preside over a carnival of incompetence and then you stand there and tell Arsenal fans that there is no voice organising at the back.

THERE IS NO VOICE ORGANISING AT THE BACK ?

Arsenal today is exacly Exactly EXACTLY what you alone have made it : a nice team that plays fluent football and scores goals but can't win a  trophy because they don’t have the bottle or organisation to defend a lead and close a game out.

Your teams will always have the same faults.

If you insist on one-man show, if you insist on taking all the credit, you have to take all the blame as well.

Wigan was you. Wigan was you when you lost 3-2 there in April. That is you in the pitch, your choices, your decisions, your training methods, your culture. The Arsenal team is you.

ANR readers, please, please spare me your angst.

Whatever you do, don’t expect me to comment in detail on Wigan 2 Arsenal 2.

It’s beyond me.

Eight changes from Monday night’s 3-1 victory over Chelsea and switch to 4-4-2 ? When you’ve been playing 4-3-3 all season?

If you want to follow a good performance with a bad performance, this is the template.

It’s so bizarre. It's beyond me. I can’t explain it.

Prediction for 2011 : Wenger will be on your TV and he'll say, "I'm very disappointed that we conceded from a set-piece. We still can't defend a corner. I think the team is maturing but we need an organiser at the back."

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/news/1884/30/Wenger-laments-the-missing-voice/

We did not deserve a point
I am sorry for the attack though they were let down by the defence

At this form 1-1-3 we may not even  be hustling with the kop and the sp*rs but Stoke and other mid tablers

Even stoke is showing champions league form (Martin Samuel)  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Krayola(m): 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2011
biolabee:

and so?
we know he has no football brain

just give him the ball and he would shoot

But seriusly dont you guys get tired,  Even Fergie could not poke fun at Wengie at Old Trafford after the third goal. He stopped celebrating

hahaha

Okay, guys. . .  In light of Biolabee's appeal, I hereby rule that there is a 3 goal limit after which fun must not be poked at Arsenal. Only words of encouragement, sincere or not, shall be accepted.

Thank you for your cooperation.  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 2:41pm On Sep 17, 2011
coogar:

debosky thinks not. . . . .he feels walcott is the best winger in the northern hemisphere

Dont take Deborah seriously. He thinks Dupe+ should have won Miss World ahead of Mukina  tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 2:44pm On Sep 17, 2011
^^^

Whr is the sense in this? You should be thankful I call u Djorou. You are dumber than him in fact
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by AlabaSlim: 2:44pm On Sep 17, 2011
luvli defeat 4 a feedasss club
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Ibime(m): 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2011
All hail Santos! (Brazil International defender hence better than Enrique)

All hail Mertesacker! (Best header of a ball in the Prem)

All hail Koscielny (the best 1-2-1 defender in the Prem)

All hail Djorou (the only man that can pocket Drogba)

All hail Slimshay, Debo, Sir Kay, Mumuface, Dupe, Mukina and the army of iconoclasts.

Shame on Ritchboy and 4llerbuntu for opposing the signings!

Where is DJ Dayokanu and Mixmaster Coogar? I have a rendition to offer. . .

Let's all sing the National Anthem together. . .

Arise o compatriots. . .its the mutheruffing reeeeeeemiiiiiiix!!!

God save our Gracious Queen
Long live our noble Queen
God save the Queen
Send her Victorious, Happy and Glorious
Long to reign over us
God save the Queen!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.