Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

A Lecturer In The University Or A Teacher In A Sec Sch, Which Is More Difficult? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Lecturer In The University Or A Teacher In A Sec Sch, Which Is More Difficult? (609 Views)

Nursing In An University Or School Of Nursing - Which Is Better? / 400L Unilorin Microbiology Student Beat Up A Female Lecturer In Her Office(video / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary You Have Had As A Sec Or Pry School Teacher? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lecturer In The University Or A Teacher In A Sec Sch, Which Is More Difficult? by Drdreyy: 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2022
From the workload point of view, most secondary school teachers work more especially those in private schools so I think being a lecturer is easier when viewed from that angle. But in terms of technicality and brain processing power, I think you will expend more of that as a Lecturer.

What do you think? Let me have your contributions

cc: seun, lalasticlala nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: A Lecturer In The University Or A Teacher In A Sec Sch, Which Is More Difficult? by Astromath(m): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2022
I think both are difficult, because workload and technicality are somewhat similar for both(workload and technicality) require brain processing power to a certain degree and both also require energy. Hence secondary school teachers go through similar difficulties as lecturers.
Re: A Lecturer In The University Or A Teacher In A Sec Sch, Which Is More Difficult? by Damojoy(m): 10:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
Secondary school teachers go through much stress and difficulty more than the Lecturers!
Re: A Lecturer In The University Or A Teacher In A Sec Sch, Which Is More Difficult? by sageb: 2:36am On Nov 16, 2022
Drdreyy:
From the workload point of view, most secondary school teachers work more especially those in private schools so I think being a lecturer is easier when viewed from that angle. But in terms of technicality and brain processing power, I think you will expend more of that as a Lecturer.

A Teacher in a private school is so stressful and the pay may not be okay after all the workload.
I have been there, done that.
Re: A Lecturer In The University Or A Teacher In A Sec Sch, Which Is More Difficult? by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 16, 2022
Obviously, a lecturer's work load is high compare to a sec sch teacher.
Re: A Lecturer In The University Or A Teacher In A Sec Sch, Which Is More Difficult? by traihit: 7:29am On Nov 16, 2022
Damojoy:
Secondary school teachers go through much stress and difficulty more than the Lecturers!

Which means you don't understand what lecturers do.

Secondary school teachers teach, handle classes and perform administrative tasks for their classes.

Lecturers teach, perform administrative duties, carry out community service, attend mandatory seminars and conferences, publishes books compulsorily (many times from their own purse), supervise students at various levels, go to other universities to act as external examiners and so on.

Lecturers don't live easy lives either in Nigeria or abroad. If you live close to one of them, you wouldn't want to envy anyone among them.

1 Like

Re: A Lecturer In The University Or A Teacher In A Sec Sch, Which Is More Difficult? by Owologbo(m): 8:23am On Nov 16, 2022
Drdreyy:

A teacher in secondary school.
Lecturing work is like offshore work; na only the pay no make sense.
Re: A Lecturer In The University Or A Teacher In A Sec Sch, Which Is More Difficult? by SUPERPACK: 9:16am On Nov 16, 2022
traihit:

Secondary school teachers teach, handle classes and perform administrative tasks for their classes.

Lecturers teach, perform administrative duties, carry out community service, attend mandatory seminars and conferences, publishes books compulsorily (many times from their own purse), supervise students at various levels, go to other universities to act as external examiners and so on.

Lecturers don't live easy lives either in Nigeria or abroad. If you live close to one of them, you wouldn't want to envy anyone among them.
Lies. Which lecturer is teaching, people that appear give handout, disappear and appear after exam. The comparison is Nigeria not abroad. Nigerian lecturer that even steal students research work and submit as their own. Tell us another story, bro.
Re: A Lecturer In The University Or A Teacher In A Sec Sch, Which Is More Difficult? by Drdreyy: 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2022
traihit:

This is an interesting revelation. Can you throw more light on their community service?
Re: A Lecturer In The University Or A Teacher In A Sec Sch, Which Is More Difficult? by Fearyourcreator: 6:18pm On Nov 16, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Lies. Which lecturer is teaching, people that appear give handout, disappear and appear after exam. The comparison is Nigeria not abroad. Nigerian lecturer that even steal students research work and submit as their own. Tell us another story, bro.
This is just it... My first lecture in the University September 2005 ... I was like wetin be this ... He wrote on the board then when was done ... He said good day... Most of them no dey do anything... Na to dey collect money them sabi
Re: A Lecturer In The University Or A Teacher In A Sec Sch, Which Is More Difficult? by Damojoy(m): 7:29pm On Nov 16, 2022
traihit:

Lecturers teach, perform administrative duties, carry out community service, attend mandatory seminars and conferences, publishes books
compulsorily (many times from their own purse), supervise students at various levels, go to other universities to act as external examiners and so on.

If I’m not a learned person or didn’t graduated from a Nigerian university, I would have been convinced with this your long epistle of what Nigerian lecturers didn’t do that you think they do! A Nigeria university lecturer has time for his personal business and family than a secondary school teacher.

(1) (Reply)

Unn Or Ui? / DESOPADEC Commissioner Adopts Twin Brothers For Scholarship Till University / IJMB 2024/2025 Registration Fully Commence | All You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.