Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,800 members, 7,844,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

C++0x: The Future Of C++ - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C++0x: The Future Of C++ (1874 Views)

Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years / Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. / What Is The Future Of Nigeria's Software Industry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C++0x: The Future Of C++ by gameaddict(m): 2:41am On Aug 25, 2011
Re: C++0x: The Future Of C++ by Nobody: 3:09am On Aug 25, 2011
Re: C++0x: The Future Of C++ by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 25, 2011
thanks bro,this is really great news here I was thinking c++ was forgotten(not dead). Always had interest in it cuz its the backbone of 80% platform today, I only ave basic c++ knowledge I better spend hours on it daily. Does that mean Qt would be re-written to absored the new features. @omo-dun I envy ur c++ skills.
Re: C++0x: The Future Of C++ by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 25, 2011
Re: C++0x: The Future Of C++ by profCC: 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2011
YEAH you are right,most OPERATING system are written using C++.It as powerful libraries that enable it to control most hardware resources in COMPUTER.
I so much love the programing language.I do spend 2hrs/day to improve my knowledge in it.If you dont practice,you can never be a professional C++ programmer.
Re: C++0x: The Future Of C++ by kodewrita(m): 7:48pm On Aug 31, 2011
profC/C++:

YEAH you are right,most OPERATING system are written using C++.It as powerful libraries that enable it to control most hardware resources in COMPUTER.
I so much love the programing language.I do spend 2hrs/day to improve my knowledge in it.If you dont practice,you can never be a professional C++ programmer.
just to correct you, they were written in C not C++.
Re: C++0x: The Future Of C++ by profCC: 5:06am On Sep 04, 2011
just to correct you, they were written in C not C++.
C++ was mainly used not C,because it as more improvement.Pls make a research on that and not criticizing some1 comment.
Re: C++0x: The Future Of C++ by Nobody: 5:29am On Sep 04, 2011
Re: C++0x: The Future Of C++ by okeyxyz(m): 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2011
arguing about C vs C++ or which is used in writing an operating systems is only futile, as they are not exactly different languages. C++ is simply an advanced form (not a different form) of C, meaning: C with more features, but the underlying principles\structures are the same, which is evident by the fact that any code in C will run under a C++ compiler, thus C++ is backward compatible with C.
As u learn C++, u are automatically learning C, and u can't be good in C++ without understanding the underlying principles of C from which it was derived.
but to address the question of operating systems; most are written in a combination of C\C++. when u include apple mac OS's, then u r talking about C, C++ and objective-C(another derivative of C).

(1) (Reply)

A Letter To Nairalanders / How Do I Make Php Time() Static / Use Hostgator Promo(coupon) Code And Enjoy 60% Discount ON NEW Hosting + Domain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.