Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Manchester United Exploring Terminating Cristiano Ronaldo's Contract - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Exploring Terminating Cristiano Ronaldo's Contract (160 Views)

Ronaldo Contract Maybe Terminated By Manchester United / Mesut Ozil Set To Leave By Terminating His Contract / Breakdown Of Cristiano Ronaldo's Contract At Juventus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Exploring Terminating Cristiano Ronaldo's Contract by Fanofthegame: 3:09pm On Nov 18, 2022
Manchester United are pursuing the possibility of terminating Cristiano Ronaldo's contract following his interview with Piers Morgan after the 37-year-old accused the club of “betrayal”, according to sources.

The club is also exploring the possibility of taking legal action against the Portuguese international for breach of contract.

United coach Erik Ten Hag told the club hierarchy on Monday he doesn't want Ronaldo back after the World Cup, with the player possibly playing his final match for the club.

Ronaldo re-joined United in August 2021 on a two-year contract with an option for an extra year, with the contract expiring in August 2023.

Manchester United said on Friday that they have “initiated appropriate steps” in response to Ronaldo's interview with Piers Morgan.

“Manchester United has this morning initiated appropriate steps in response to Cristiano Ronaldo’s recent media interview.

“We will not be making further comment until this process reaches its conclusion.”

Ronaldo said he is blamed for all that has gone wrong at the club, with the Old Trafford outfit forcing him out.

He said: “Yes, they [United] are trying to force me out. Not only the coach [Ten Hag], but two or three other guys around the club.

“I feel that some people didn’t want me at Manchester United, not only this year but last season too.

“The fans should know the truth. I want the best for the club. This is why I come to Manchester United.

“I am giving this interview, because I think it’s the right time to speak my mind.

“I felt betrayed. Honestly, I shouldn’t say that … but, listen, I don’t care, I’m always… People should listen to the truth.”

United are hoping to conclude the process as soon as possible.

SOURCE

cc: Nlfpmod Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Tonight Free Odd / Kiss Daniel Will Be Performing In Qatar Today By 7 Pm / Dfyudghio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.