Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

What Caused Engine Stick To Be Slight Stiff - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Caused Engine Stick To Be Slight Stiff (516 Views)

What Are The Functions Of Cruise And Over Drive On A Gear Stick? / Lexus GS350 Stiff Steering Wheel / Stiff Steering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Caused Engine Stick To Be Slight Stiff by akinsanya005: 5:16pm On Nov 18, 2022
Dear N/L,

Kindly assist with the possible cause and solution; if my car is not warmed for like 5-10 mins ; if I want to change the gear from P(park) to D(Drive) or R(Reverse); it's quite stiff.. But if the engine is warm or park in a hot sun.. it's less stiff. The make of the car is Toyota Corrolla .. 07.

Kindly assist with possible cause and solution.
Re: What Caused Engine Stick To Be Slight Stiff by lilvicky68(m): 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
The car just needs more romance before sex
Re: What Caused Engine Stick To Be Slight Stiff by Conner44: 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
akinsanya005:
Dear N/L,

Kindly assist with the possible cause and solution; if my car is not warmed for like 5-10 mins ; if I want to change the gear from P(park) to D(Drive) or R(Reverse); it's quite stiff.. But if the engine is warm or park in a hot sun.. it's less stiff. The make of the car is Toyota Corrolla .. 07.

Kindly assist with possible cause and solution.

Have you ever changed the gearbox oil before?
Re: What Caused Engine Stick To Be Slight Stiff by nwajesus12(m): 7:01am On Nov 19, 2022
lilvicky68:
The car just needs more romance before sex

Re: What Caused Engine Stick To Be Slight Stiff by akinsanya005: 8:07am On Nov 19, 2022
Conner44:

Have you ever changed the gearbox oil before?

Nope..
Re: What Caused Engine Stick To Be Slight Stiff by Conner44: 8:17am On Nov 19, 2022
akinsanya005:

Nope..

First thing you need to know about mechanical equipment malfunctioning when cold and working well when warm is that it’s usually centered around lubrication.

So I’d advise you to change the transmission oil with original Toyota Type T-IV then at the same time tell your mechanic to go under your vehicle and check your transmission shift cable for any signs of friction due to rust or otherwise.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Review / Lexus ES 350 2011 / 2007 Toyota Corolla Spot For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.