Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) (5830 Views)

ESUT Students Pack Feces As Landlord Ignores Filled Soakaway Pit (Disturbing Pix / Ongoing US Army Scholarship For Africans 2018 | US Army Requirement Form Applica / Complete Resource for SCHOLARSHIPS Around The World For Nigerians & Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2022
South Africa is currently experiencing a spate of deadly pit bull attacks, especially on children.

As a result a heated debate is taking place as to whether this type of dog, engineered to kill, should be banned in the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMc8f517XGQ

1 Share

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 7:56pm On Nov 21, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by Emperormartin(m): 7:58pm On Nov 21, 2022
If dog have bitten you and you spent days in the hospital then you'll know why these people are calling on govt to ban it

21 Likes

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by dimexy247(m): 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2022
Too sad

1 Like

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2022
Online petition to ban pit bulls in South Africa gaining momentum.

1 Like

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by Bluntguy: 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
Person go carry him money go buy wetin go kill am anytime. Why dem no go surrender them.
Everyone wants to sleep with their two eyes closed.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by MrOptics: 9:25pm On Nov 21, 2022
The looks, structure and teeth of that dog alone should instill fear and he come get agility joined

22 Likes

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by Starboytwo(m): 9:28pm On Nov 21, 2022
Nothing consine me with Southy. Absolute nothing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by Highways: 9:30pm On Nov 21, 2022
So what are the best family dog to have?
Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by davillian(m): 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2022
Any dog you fail to train would become a problem to you and the society....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:36pm On Nov 21, 2022
Starboytwo:
Nothing consine me with Southy. Absolute nothing.

Then why are you here undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2022
davillian:
Any dog you fail to train would become a problem to you and the society....

I don't buy the concept that pit bulls can be trained. They are engineered (literally manufactured) to fight, kill, etc.

They must go.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by Lamanii22(f): 9:55pm On Nov 21, 2022
Do they even need to sign petition before killing all the pit bulls? Cause me I don’t know why y’all dont Have itara omo

1 Like

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by Richy4(m): 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2022

If everyone should hand in their Pitbulls over, are they gonna export it to another country or put them down ?

1 Like

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by Authoreety: 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2022
I dey fear this dog o...

Be like wild animal..

I'm not sure this breed is among the loyal friends

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by illicit(m): 10:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
WannaHowzit:

I don't buy the concept that pit bulls can be trained. They are engineered (literally manufactured) to fight, kill, etc.

They must go.

Coming from someone who wants lion roaming around freely lol
Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by ruggedtimi(m): 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2022
Pitbull killed a boy...Two separate cases
Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by wiseone28: 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2022
Take it to Randland or you create one for your people

5 Likes

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by Mastakija(m): 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2022
Thats their problem

1 Like

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by grandstar(m): 11:01pm On Nov 21, 2022
This sadly paints the pitbull in very bad light.

South Africa is the land of the Boerboel mastiff yet its citizens have not experienced such horrible attacks on children deapite their size and strength.

From research, pitbulls are actually very friendly dogs, and can be quite forgiving even after suffering severe abuse such as used in dog fights.

The problems may be down to the owners. The Bible mandated that cattle owners who were negligent with a violent cow or bull were to pay with their own lives in the event their beast gored someone to death

The love of your dog should be tempered with a fear of God, love and justice. Human life is priceless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by grandstar(m): 11:02pm On Nov 21, 2022
WannaHowzit:

They must go.

You know nothing about pitbulls
Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by Irupetepete: 11:30pm On Nov 21, 2022
5years ago, when my uncle began to notice traces of yabaleft from his pit bull, even me wey dey train am dey use scope feed am sometimes..
Before something do us, we took it to cms and abandoned it close to the lagoon, this werey pit bull come back house after 5days..
We be think say we see ghost ni... The werey come dey form holy holy and gentle...
We self play along and after 2 weeks, they took it to lagos/ibadan express and shot it dead, it took 3 bullets, one at the neck and 2 to the head to put it down..

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by Mercury12(m): 11:34pm On Nov 21, 2022
Pitbull aren't your regular dog.
Even Caucasian breed should be in the list as they tend to be quite aggressive but also playful.

Pitbull are good at being use for security purpose and only to be handled by expert. They aren't family kinda dogs. They only respect their alpha which the owner must be so to control them. They just happen to take it serious like Wolf breeds and unlike the regular family dogs that take it less serious.

Regular people don't just know that some kinda dog breed including pitbull needs special kinda training. Untrained dogs will behave badly

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by Swissgoldtrader(f): 12:49am On Nov 22, 2022
WannaHowzit:

They must go.

They should export them to Nigeria and release them in the northern forests!! A biological way to smoke out BANDITS!!! Win-Win for all!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 1:32am On Nov 22, 2022
illicit:

Coming from someone who wants lion roaming around freely lol

I didn't say they must be killed. I say they must go.

Same way I've never said lions can be pets that should be kept in homes.

So tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 1:39am On Nov 22, 2022
Richy4:

If everyone should hand in their Pitbulls over, are they gonna export it to another country or put them down ?

We'll send them to Nigeria.

Or else euthanize them and ensure breeding ends in SA. They don't exist in the wild - they were manufactured by humans to be fighting machines. So they'll be killed or exported.
Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by shox(m): 2:18am On Nov 22, 2022
WannaHowzit:

They must go.
pit bulls are lovely animals. I’ve got 2 of them and they’re the most precious thing in this world to me.

What happened was just unfortunate.
Other dog breeds kill people too. But anytime wey pitbull do mistake like this, people go carry am for head. SMH
Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by blingxx(m): 3:57am On Nov 22, 2022
Emperormartin:
If dog have bitten you and you spent days in the hospital then you'll know why these people are calling on govt to ban it

Not just any dog , we are talking about pitbull , one bite from a pitbull will tier your flesh and tissue

2 Likes

Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by blingxx(m): 3:58am On Nov 22, 2022
WannaHowzit:

Or else euthanize them and ensure breeding ends in SA. They don't exist in the wild - they were manufactured by humans to be fighting machines. So they'll be killed or exported.

Pitbulls are illegal In most part of the world u hope you know ?
Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by Richy4(m): 4:24am On Nov 22, 2022
WannaHowzit:

Thanks man... smiley
Re: Why Are South Africans Handing Over Their Pit Bulls? (PICS) by techWriter1: 6:12am On Nov 22, 2022
The seems, edifice and teeth of that dog alone should instill fear and he come get agility joined

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Click Here If You Lost Your Jamb Slip / See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) / Oil Firm, Exxonmobil Provide Recipe For Healthy Living Tostudents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.