Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:27 AM

See What A Stranger Said About Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See What A Stranger Said About Nigeria (809 Views)

Next Of Kin Issues: A stranger Has Taken Over His Dad's properties Please Advise / "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" / I Married A Stranger! I Caught My Wife With Her Boss At Ikeja Hotel! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What A Stranger Said About Nigeria by Naijaisshitho: 1:30pm On Nov 23, 2022
Look at This

Re: See What A Stranger Said About Nigeria by mariahAngel(f): 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2022
My brother's friend was so desperate to travel out, even though he has a business that's going well for him in Nigeria.
He was never satisfied, would always complain, and even became uninterested in his business.

So, finally he was able to save up and travel out, and he put someone in charge of his business.
Omo! In less than a year, he came back and took over his business with a new enthusiasm.
(He came back just last month.)

He told my brother that Nigeria is too too good, but we will never know how good we have it until we travel and experience life outside Nigeria.
Life outside Nigeria is harder in so many countries.
There are so many things we have that we take for granted.

6 Likes

Re: See What A Stranger Said About Nigeria by Munzy14(m): 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2022
mariahAngel:
My brother's friend was so desperate to travel out, even though he has a business that's going well for him in Nigeria.
He was never satisfied, would always complain, and even became uninterested in his business.

So, finally he was able to save up and travel out, and he put someone in charge of his business.
Omo! In less than a year, he came back and took over his business with a new enthusiasm.
(He came back just last month.)

He told my brother that Nigeria is too too good, but we will never know how good we have it until we travel and experience life outside Nigeria.
Life outside Nigeria is harder in so many countries.
There are so many things we have that we take for granted.
grin grin grin
Exposure will reset many mind set.

This is why vacation is good..Just change location ones in while..It gives reason to appreciate things you have.

We have ease of doing business.

You can own a 10M Business here and have more than one car..nobody checks the tax evasion.

Try it abroad..the laws are strict.

Social support only made life a bit fair there.

We dey enjoy life in Naija.

A friend that was shouting abroad abroad..He don go come back.

And he used to fantasize on marrying a white lady...Akuko mike...grin grin

In his voice..I no dey comot again..lmao

5 Likes

Re: See What A Stranger Said About Nigeria by mariahAngel(f): 3:15pm On Nov 23, 2022
Munzy14:

grin grin grin

This is why vacation is good..Just change location ones in while..It gives reason to appreciate things you have.

You can own a 10M Business here and have more than one car..nobody checks the tax evasion.

Hahahahahaha

Back then ehn, the guy would always complain, like there was something better out there that he was missing.
He was never satisfied.

When he came back, do you know what he did?
He visited most of his loyal customers one by one, informing them that he's back.
(His business suffered some setbacks because he wasn't available.)

His own is even better because he wasn't even ashamed to come back, or admit that life is hard out there.
As for the money he spent, he knows he'll get it back in no time.

1 Like

Re: See What A Stranger Said About Nigeria by henrimoto(m): 4:04pm On Nov 23, 2022
Munzy14:

grin grin grin

lol... Munzy14 !! @ a'kuko mike ejiagha .. Hahahaha
Re: See What A Stranger Said About Nigeria by Aareona: 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahaha

Back then ehn, the guy would always complain, like there was something better out there that he was missing.
He was never satisfied.

He visited most of his loyal customers one by one, informing them that he's back.
(He business suffered some setbacks because he wasn't available.)

His own is even better because he wasn't even ashamed to come back, or admit that life is hard out there.

Earlier this year, I went back in time to few years back when I was doing so well in Nigeria. The noises from friends and all nurtured the decision to move abroad inside of me. I became so restless till I finally leave. The first day in Canada was the day I knew this place isn't where I can be forever. Most of us would have come back before the time we had in mind except for the fact that I don't still have enough. If I want to travel to naija for vacation now, I will need up to $4k. If I take that away from my savings, I don't know how I can recover.

No one tells about the downside of this place. I feel lonely, depressed and empty most times. Because no one to talk to, just everyone in my workplace goin about their business. If I make attempt to talk to them, they just waive it with a smile. It's been 3years here and the people I still talk to on video call are friends from Nigeria. I can't wait to make enough and leave Canada for good. I know a lot will come at me with the usuall "come back to Nigeria na", please this is not an attempt to denigrate your abroad heaven, just for me to rant out and be fine

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See What A Stranger Said About Nigeria by Munzy14(m): 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahaha

He was never satisfied.

(He business suffered some setbacks because he wasn't available.)

The hype can make one decide to visit embassy if care is not taken..

I refused to be tempted..I can only go there for vacation/business with my woman.

Nigeria toga ihe toga grin

My friend wey even school in UK sef, is saying if you need grace to survive in Nigeria, you will Grace + Grace to survive there.

O no gidele buru onwe lobata..And he is a home person..Shigburu onwe ya na nri..local delicacy.

Inukwa nga mmadu na ata burger burger tata ihe ozo grin grin grin

Normally Abroad na search for greener pastures, hustle make and return to invest, retire amd and enjoy.

But We have turned the whole thing to permanent move, age, come home and die.. lipsrsealed rubbish!

Again there is absolute loneliness and coded depression..Nobody to talk to atimes..

A friend shared a hangout video on his status, he is doing is PhD in US..I asked him about a lady beside him, he said she is a next door that they just talk for the first time since 2years grin grin
God..I can't.

Last year he was pushing to come home and marry..Loneliness e gbuola ya dia.

1 Like

Re: See What A Stranger Said About Nigeria by Munzy14(m): 9:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
henrimoto:
lol... Mu.nzy14 !! @ a'kuko mike ejiagha .. Hahahaha
cheesy

Re: See What A Stranger Said About Nigeria by Vision101(m): 1:27am On Nov 24, 2022
Just finished discussing with my son now. He told me how Nigerian students in UK are being asked to go back as a result of inability to pay their tuition fees.

A particular friend of theirs has managed to gather the amount through black market but the authorities have told him to go back and reapply.

Too many of them with carryover and that means that you can't graduate with your set.

A guy that studied project management couldn't get professional job so he had to settle for sponsorship by a care home to be able to change his visa status to Tia 2. This means 5 years of shit packing after Msc.

Abroad life is like bitter cola. Not as sweet as it sounds. grin
Re: See What A Stranger Said About Nigeria by mariahAngel(f): 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2022
Munzy14:

The hype can make one decide to visit embassy if care is not taken..

I refused to be tempted..I can only go there for vacation/business with my woman.

Nigeria toga ihe toga grin

My friend wey even school in UK sef, is saying if you need grace to survive in Nigeria, you will Grace + Grace to survive there.

O no gidele buru onwe lobata..And he is a home person..Shigburu onwe ya na nri..local delicacy.

Inukwa nga mmadu na ata burger burger tata ihe ozo grin grin grin

Normally Abroad na search for greener pastures, hustle make and return to invest, retire amd and enjoy.

But We have turned the whole thing to permanent move, age, come home and die.. lipsrsealed rubbish!

Again there is absolute loneliness and coded depression..Nobody to talk to atimes..
A friend shared a hangout video on his status, he is doing is PhD in US..I asked him about a lady beside him, he said she is a next door that they just talk for the first time since 2years grin grin
God..I can't.

Last year he was pushing to come home and marry..Loneliness e gbuola ya dia.

Hahahahahahaha
Ihe a gworo mmadu ike! grin

You know who I pity for the most? Those who risk everything (resign from their jobs/sell off their properties) to go in search of what was never lost.
Chineke wu ike ha!

O nwere otu guy o wu, who had a stable relationship with one correct lady.
So, as he was preparing to travel abroad, he started giving her the break up attitude.
Eventually, they broke up before he traveled.

O ruolanu abroad, ji anya ya hu and probably experienced the loneliness, ya choro I reconnect with the lady, but she fashy the guy! Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: See What A Stranger Said About Nigeria by Munzy14(m): 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahaha
Ihe a gworo mmadu ike! grin

You know who I pity for the most? Those who risk everything (resign from their jobs/sell off their properties) to go in search of what was never lost.
Chineke wu ike ha!

O nwere otu guy o wu, who had a stable relationship with one correct lady.
So, as he was preparing to travel abroad, he started giving her the break up attitude.
Eventually, they broke up before he traveled.

O ruolanu abroad, ji anya ya hu and probably experienced the loneliness, ya choro I reconnect with the lady, but she fashy the guy! Nonsense!

Losing What you have, in place of what isn't guaranteed..smh

Chukwu ekwedila ka udi ihe ojoor mee biko.

This is exactly what happened to this my US based guy..

Though he said, he begged his long term babe to wait for him, ka Ya gafe for his studies, he will come back for her..The babe aju.

They dated 10 good years..He carries her like a Queen during our study years..Ya bia visiting eeh, grin grin you dare not enter his room any how..Before she comes, my guy go wash room and everything cheesy
No going out, he does the errands..I swear any babe crushing will get jealous cheesy

I was pained mgbe o gwara m na ha agbasaala.The babe she state anyi, and was my class mate in primary school..Bro-sis stuffs.

So he met another lady online, they became closer and the ex babe amata, ga dere the new babe si ya hapuru ya enyi ya nwoke of 10yrs grin grin wahala..Now the new and old babe are like choose who you want between us..lol

He left them there..Me wa zie ihe church while rounding up his studies there now.

Ike gwuru o.

And enyi ya nwoke, gbapuru oso ga kwuo ugwo ishi his own baby, did court wedding and left for Asian country.
That was smart.

A typical of what I will do if in the same situation..Than telling her to just wait for me undecided you don't tell that to a lady diri la ripe for marriage.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Mosquitoes Run Away From Your Body / Buying Gifts For Sister Or Could It Be Nigerian Gf / Man Rapes Own Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.