Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model (7912 Views)

Firstbank Nigeria Launches Its Premium Banking Lounge In Lagos & Abuja! / Gtb Internet Banking Token Device / CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by freeman11(m): 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2011
Dangote industries is headed by a Muslim, yet it makes profit. Should banks owned by Christians be called chritian banks? Our Moslem brothers -if they r brothers, should stop justifying Islamic banking with banks owned by Christians
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by blackpanda: 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2011
[/color]
YES O! [color=#990000]
AND WHEN THEY ARE THROUGH WITH CHRISTIAN BANKING, WE THE WORSHIPPERS OF OGUN AND THE NEWLY REFORMED OGBONI SOCIETY EXPECT THAT THE SAME AMOUT OF FUNDS WILL BE SPENT TO PROMOTING OUR OWN BANKING TOO. OTHERWISE, ALL HELL WILL LET LOOSE!
MTSCHEEEW! RUBBISH!
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by daywatcher: 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2011
awon alai ni nkan she
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 26, 2011
loosers
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by trimwis: 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2011
the political pastor oritsejafor don won chop our money again grin grin grin grin
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by MissEZ(f): 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2011
Banking along religious lines may not be a bad thing, but it causes further division in the country. I don't like this development
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by sampeter(m): 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2011
@ haka_nei, for ur information, there is no one heating the system more than Sanusi Lamido. his hype and bigoted crusade for islamic banking even when the CBN act vividly kicked against establishing bank along religious tag, is to be blamed for whatever sparks up. CAN president is only acting out his duty, to serve as mouthpiece for d xtians. If all ppl are to be as peaceloving as xtians, i bet u this place ll be a very peaceful haven. Think of it!
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 26, 2011
Coming next is Traditional bank of Nigeria which will operate according to ESU model.
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2011
next thing is Sango worshipers and closet witches and wizards will want their own interest free banking system.
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by BBDelta(m): 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2011
Convertousness, is one disease my Mother taught me to cure as a young child, when we were demanding for various things from our father, I expect Ayo Orisjafor to have been very mature in dealing with the Islamic banking saga, He openly condenmed the principle of bring Religion in the banking sector, the same sector He is now proposing for Christianity banking, May God Help Him. He has a bank (micro-finance) in Warri here, Eagles bank, which gives consideration to members of His church as to the general public or fellow christians. He should practices the no interest banking as proposed by both the Bible and the Quaran, and let me know that he means business. The Eagles bank He runs in warri, run at interest rates that I have never seen before, only in money lenders you can see that. God Help us all.
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by burkutu: 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2011
Heard dat oritsejafor, lyk most men of god, is a fool.only an illiterate n a fool ll make such statements.he dsnt talk lyk a xtian.lol!it seems d money from tithes isnt enuf,so he's after d cbn's billions. Religious leaders, both xtian n moslems,r idiots.
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2011
The bank ought to have been named "Non Interest Bank" and not Islamic Bank.
That is what is leading to all this controversy. The ONLY difference between the proposed Non Interest Bank and other banks is that they don't deal with interest. Nobody said they are going to run the bank according to Islamic tenets or that they would not loan money to those running piggeries or breweries.
Ayo should have gotten his facts straight before coming out to make a public statement.
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by ektbear: 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2011
hercules07:

Morning devotion in Intercontinental, Word for Today (Intercontinental) and so on and so forth
Both of those are fine and legal, so long as it isn't mandatory (either explicitly or implicitly) for all employees. Elaborate on "so on and so forth."

If he lending money according to verse X from say the Book of Mosiah from the Mormon Bible? grin If so, then you can call his bank a Mormon one (though I'd object to you calling it a Christian one.)

Is he discriminating against non-Christians at the bank?

If he is not doing either of the above, then imo you have no grounds to call it a Christian bank.

djustice:

Who is this half-wit??

You obviously drank what they prescribed for you to bathe with, and bathed with what they prescribed for you to drink. Numbskull.

Muttalab is a mallam, and therefore a religious leader. Did that make First Bank an Islamic Bank? When Sanusi, an Islamic Scholar and Mallam, was CEO of First Bank, did it that make it an Islamic Bank?
+100. Also, someone should answer the question in bold. Is the CBN of Nigeria now a Muslim institution, since its head is a religious scholar too? What if it turns out that Muslims at the CBN go to devotion together (or whatever the Muslim equivalent of devotion is)?

Was the CBN Christian when Soludo was governor, and did it become Muslim with Sanusi?
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by BIGERBOY1: 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2011
sombody pls tell me how a bankin rooted in swedish model and not the bible xtian. sincerely I expect d xtians to come out and condemn this cheap politics. at least if u wand to argue, argue on just basis.

and pls can some1 ask d pastor how much dis so called billions invested in islamic banking is and how it was invested.
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by POTUT(m): 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2011
As it turns out, I have met many muslims, and I have a very good friend who is a muslim. We turned from colleagues to very good friends today, even after we no longer work in the same organization. He is not on NL, and he makes a lot of sense when he talks.

Unfortunately, the NLers who appear to be muslim make little sense in their posts. They do not respond to the essence of the matter being discussed, they see everything as stereotyping them. I really don't know the kind of bondage they are in. Whatever it is, its effects are very obvious.
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by nagoma(m): 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2011
What we are telling the CBN governor is that he should be ready to spend the same billions when Christians eventually come up with their own. We are looking into what the CBN is spending on the project and we will come out with the figures. He (Sanusi Lamido Sanusi) will have to bring out that amount of money, he will have to make sure that Christians are trained in anywhere we need training. [b]For example, in Sweden there is a very good Christian model of non-interest banking. So, Sanusi must get ready to bring out the billions to train over a thousand Christians in Sweden.

Very ingenius model from the CAN president , I salute him and welcome the idea of having even more interest-free banks in Nigeria!!
I just wondered whether as, implied, Sanusi is actually training thousands of moslems abroad for the Islamic bank. The thousands we know been trained abroad are are the Niger Delta millitants from the CAN's president's locality and at least 99% of them are Christians. He could start his equity crusade from there, if he is truely concerned about equity of government largess.
Thinking aloud I actually wonder whether Sweeden will accept to host the thousands of Christians going for Sanusi's "training" knowing very well upto70% will abscond into sweeden and neibouring EU countries? Sweeden I believe will politely suggest sending over about 20 or 30 expert trainers to train our people in Christian Banking.
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 26, 2011
What is wrong with that Oritsejafor, he is taking his materialism to another level.
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by gaskydudu: 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2011
rubbish!!
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by otokx(m): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2011
This is the problem with Nigeria - The if you cannot beat them, join them and outdo them in madness.
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by maclatunji: 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2011
@Koruji, you folks were sleeping before? Wetin concern me if you create Christian bank? I guess Oritsejafor was not thinking before when he was saber-rattling.

He has an over bloated sense of grandeur. If GEJ kneels down to him and his likes for prayer that is their own cup of tea. That does not mean the rest of the country will do so especially we Muslims.
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by murtalaa(m): 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2011
looking on the positive, atleast pastor ayo did not prematurely blurt out the figure the CBN is spending on the islamic bank like he used to without any attempt at fact verification. Someone is learning.
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by Pukkah: 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2011
volasunkan:

In a keynote address at the 36th yearly national conference and general meeting of the Nigeria Christian Graduate Fellowship, NCGF, in Benin City, Oritsejafor said it was hypocritical for the CBN and some persons to be promoting Islamic banking in a secular country like Nigeria.

http://africanspotlight.com/2011/08/christian-association-of-nigeria-wants-christian-banking-after-swedish-model/

volasunkan:

CAN said it expects the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, to deploy the same resources it had pushed into Islamic banking to make the planned Christian version a success.

“What we are telling the CBN governor is that he should be ready to spend the same billions when Christians eventually come up with their own. We are looking into what the CBN is spending on the project and we will come out with the figures. He (Sanusi Lamido Sanusi) will have to bring out that amount of money, he will have to make sure that Christians are trained in anywhere we need training. For example, in Sweden there is a very good Christian model of non-interest banking. So, Sanusi must get ready to bring out the billions to train over a thousand Christians in Sweden.”

http://africanspotlight.com/2011/08/christian-association-of-nigeria-wants-christian-banking-after-swedish-model/

On one hand Mr Oritsejafor says it is hypocritical for CBN to promote Islamic Banking in a secular country like Nigeria, on the other hand, he says he expects that CBN would also promote Christian Banking with 'billions' of naira.

Isn't this contradictory?
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by manny4life(m): 4:45pm On Aug 26, 2011
Hmmm look at chaos at the helm of Nigerian leadership, This is getting rich grin grin grin

Hey if that's what they wanna do, ride on. What does SLS has to say to this?
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by colouring: 4:59pm On Aug 26, 2011
POTUT:

As it turns out, I have met many muslims, and I have a very good friend who is a muslim. We turned from colleagues to very good friends today, even after we no longer work in the same organization. He is not on NL, and he makes a lot of sense when he talks.

Unfortunately, the NLers who appear to be muslim make little sense in their posts. They do not respond to the essence of the matter being discussed, they see everything as stereotyping them. I really don't know the kind of bondage they are in. Whatever it is, its effects are very obvious.

Muslims are not in any bondage, but the lack of structure, organisation and maturity on this forum prevents lot of muslims from making comments on issues that borders on the Islamic religion. As a NLer, i have witnessed intelligent comments that were faced with abuses and sometimes curses just because some NLers have religious biases, prejudices and sentiments. Take for instance, a bomb blast occur and in less than 30 minutes, without any authenticated evidence, some NLers have started castigating muslims for the attack. No conscious muslim will support killing of innocent citizens. In Islam, an unjust killing is synonymous to destroying an entire nation and likewise saving a soul is synonymous to saving an entire nation.

On the issue of Islamic Banking, I believe that the problems many Christians have is the word Islam and that is why they do not bother to understand the basis, modus operandi and the benefits of this banking system. However, this is like planting a seed of ignorance, which will only bring about the fruits of enmity and discord. Why will Nigeria borrow $5bn in 1985, paid almost $20bn and still owed $28bn. This is the height of injustice, some people may say that it is based on agreement between the parties but i say why not try a better alternative which is Islamic Financing. Even the US Govt raised over $12bn dollars from Islamic Bonds, this is because they know the benefits they will derive from the transaction. Interest kills and if there is an alternative, why not abandon it. Let us try to embrace the spirit of love, affection, unity and tolerance.

For instance, it will be inappropriate for a muslim to say that Nigeria is being islamised because of any of the following reasons, amongst others:
1) Sunday is an-off day work whereas there is work on Friday;
2) The symbol of cross is used by Nigerian Medical Association, just because of the believe that "Christ Heals";
3) Almost all classrooms are being used as Churches in our tertiary institutions;
4) Proliferation of Churches on Lagos streets and mid-night disturbances for vigil prayers in residential areas;
5) Use of "Church-originated" gowns by schools to graduate students;
6) etc.

With love, affection, unity and tolerance, we can live happily as brothers in this country.
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by tefund(m): 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2011
We should not bring religious sentiment into economic matter, let us be mature and tolerant
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 26, 2011
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sum funny sh*ait happens only in nigeria, and this is a so called leader! CHILDISH!
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by felifeli: 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2011
So what kind of banking is being presently done in Nigeria then. Devil banking ?
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by Cmiller(m): 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2011
After that we go 4 Okija banking too, just dat we dnt need billions 4 dat,na millions gaskya
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by IG: 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2011
As a Muslim, I think it is good that christians also get christian banking. Since both the Qur'an and the Bible are explicit in their prohibition of usury, Islamic and Christian banks will have more in common. The Swedish model Pastor Ayo is talking about is based on the micro finance model created by Muhammad Yunus, a Bangladeshi Muslim. I think the pastor should fight against usury just like Jesus fought it during his lifetime.
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by innason(m): 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2011
if i understand what the CAN man is saying he said that the funds being used in this project should equally be used in that of the christain bank when it comes up. I dont think we are still in the talk if islamic or non-interest banking should come on-board or not, but dat govt fund shd not be involve . I am in banking, and sincerely i dont mind the non interest banking model. but i do fault the use of the nations fund in any way to aid the coming of the bank. Here we have three banks going down under the hammer of same CBN.These bank are going down cos Government wants back the money it sinked in them. The same policy be followed in this issue dont invest government money in this new Bank too. Non interest banking is another model of banking. We need to practice it first before we really understand the model. I bet you some of us posting their readiness for this model do not even understand that non-interest banking is not only for islams but for all. It is mainly an investment bank. Kindly check out the details of this banks and stop killing your selves.After all the coming of sharia did not make zamfara to be free of christains.
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by apoti(m): 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2011
We the Obatala followers will also come up with Obatala non-interest banking.

And we expect the CBN to spend the same amount it has spent on Islamic (and will spend on chiristian) banking to promote Obatala banking undecided
Re: CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model by otondo55: 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2011

Christian Banking for sure ! grin grin grin

with the same guide line with Islamic Banking shocked shocked shocked

Never rob Peter to pay Paul !

Nigeria is so big for a secular banking !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Jiji Premium Ads Worth Paying For? An Honest Review Please. / Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? / US Buys $2.7bn Nigerian Crude In Six Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.