Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? (7833 Views)

My Story As Hawker And Orphan To Africa’s Football King – Osimhen (Pictures) / Can Senegal Reach The #fifaworldcup  Quarterfinal? / How Far Can Senegal Go Without Sadio Mane? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by LasisiAyodeji: 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2022
At the dying minutes of preparation ahead of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP, Senegalese talisman Sadio Manè was withdrawn from the team that would represent Senegal at the football festival in Qatar. His immediate withdraw, was seen as a let down to the already high spirit of the newly crowned African champions. However, whilst analysis are being given on Senegal's chances without Manè, we must not be quick to forget that in 2002, Senegal under the tutorage of Bruno Metsu and the inspiration of players like Toni Silva, El-Hadj Diof, Tony Camara, Aliou Cisse, Papa Bouba Diop and Ferdinand just to mention a few, got to the quarter finals before they lost out through a golden goal against Turkey. Ever since, the nation team hasn't really done well in major tournaments until 2019 when, they had succeeded in gathering some of the finest players Africa has to offer on the global stage. The resultant is that, they became champions of Africa for the very first time in February 2022. Exactly 20 years after they had lost out on penalties to Cameroon. Though comprising of a highly talented set of players, one might begin to downplay the chances of Senegal's surprise element in Qatar due to the absence of the inspirational Sadio Manè. At the same time, if we look holistically at the depth in their squad, one might see reasons why this team can make it as far as the semi finals and possibly lift the trophy.

3 Likes

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Damilola97(m): 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2022
Highly doubtful

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by opera1(m): 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2022
Which glory abeg, Àbí na my Landlady's daughter?

They are not going to reach anywhere.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Akinsete19(m): 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2022
Possibly
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by halaqasa: 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2022
Be calming down

30 Likes

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Damilola97(m): 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
First for the first time ever angry angry
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by HEBEI: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
Yeah
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by emperordelis(m): 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
Getting your hopes high after just one win? To wipe you Oraimo cord dey hungry me

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by WibusJaga: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2022

One game at a time abeg.
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by brosom(m): 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
Op abeg make u allow them to enjoy this one win at least for today.

No come carry over moral and hyping for them abeg..

Just one win u don dey talk about bringing the world cup home, dear God na

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by complexBoss12: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
Never say ever, but I will put my money on Ghana. Ghana will make it out of the group by beating Korea and Uruguay.

7 Likes

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by hbk001(m): 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
LasisiAyodeji, kindly let me know who's supplying you "Whiskey Echo Echo Delta" because your write-up isn't something one in his normal reasoning should be doing. No offence bro....
Haba mana, after just beating Qatar ba?
Let them play Ecuador in their last group game and see where they go from there...
Moreso, looking holistically at which squad depth? Man, have you seen the French National team or Brazil? ....I dey go far, even the Dutch that beat them 2-0 in their first game? Make Dem just participate that's all.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by manforgu: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
Probably
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Joebayo217: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
Let them win their next match first

1 Like

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
grin No

Qatar hasn't scored against any team this cup but they did with senagal

Atiku is coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Johnrake69: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
Not a chance
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Lovelife433(m): 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
U dey smoke Igbo

4 Likes

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Lee99: 4:59pm On Nov 25, 2022
Lift the trophy bawo? Op please stop smoking whatever you're smoking, it's harmful to your brain

1 Like

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Sucre6: 4:59pm On Nov 25, 2022
I am cheering for them cool
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 25, 2022
just because they beat the host country?
non of african team will get pass the second wound.
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by DoMeGood09: 4:59pm On Nov 25, 2022
I really doubt it.
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by BadEnglish(m): 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2022
Chill bro!! It's just Qatar

2 Likes

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Passionate888: 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2022
No
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Image123(m): 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2022
No, OP. Africans sha. You beat Qatar, na to start dey talk of glory. Saudi wey beat Argentina never talk of glory.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by oneMalik: 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2022
Yes
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by LIVINGICONREBOR: 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2022
If they fit reach quarterfinal, that should do. Infact make they qualify from that group first. angry

1 Like

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Siirjoe(m): 5:01pm On Nov 25, 2022
round of 16 ? probably Yes
semi final ?
I don't think so.
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Miyah1: 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2022
Because of ordinary 3-1 win over Qatar undecided

3 Likes

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Great100000: 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2022
Senegal will win World Cup and they will beat Dortmund and Brazil in Final. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Yeh!!! Who slap me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Great100000: 5:04pm On Nov 25, 2022
But let's be honest, that Brazilian Team is something else....

Every department in that jam-packed with talents.

Richarlison 2nd Goal is the Goal of the Tournament so far.

Bravo SAMBA.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by judedwriter(m): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2022
Because they beat a low ranked team like Qatar, so they are now winning the competition??

Anyways, it's good to dream big, very big.

5 Likes

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Aniebo1: 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2022
U well so ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Neymar's 3-Match UCL Suspension Has Been Cut To Two Games / Picture Of Herbert Addo Being Circulated Online As 23 Year Old James Akasa / Taye Taiwo Joins Dynamo Kiev

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.