Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,768 members, 7,831,473 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? (7853 Views)

My Story As Hawker And Orphan To Africa’s Football King – Osimhen (Pictures) / Can Senegal Reach The #fifaworldcup  Quarterfinal? / How Far Can Senegal Go Without Sadio Mane? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by inoki247: 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2022
Lol be calming down....
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by israelmao(m): 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2022
Lift trophy because of getting a win against minow?Senegal is not a bad team but let's just wait until they meet strong team.
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by zanebaddo(m): 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
complexBoss12:
Never say ever, but I will put my money on Ghana. Ghana will make it out of the group by beating Korea and Uruguay.
lol its alot easier for Ghana to have beaten Portugal than any of the above teams
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Tamires: 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2022
Yes
I think so
Senegal is up to the task
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by sweerychick(f): 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2022
Senegal is going nowhere Ecuador would trash them. dont get your hopes high Mr OP. Ghana stands a better chance to reach round of 16 than Senegal
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by ModCaller: 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2022
So world cup is now the definition of glory?

Mumu post

1 Like

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2022
Because they won quater
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by sundayabuo47: 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2022
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Chinoval: 5:17pm On Nov 25, 2022
I feel like playing shey you dey whine me ni for you.calm down bro it's just Qatar
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 25, 2022
opera1:
Which glory abeg, Àbí na my Landlady's daughter?

They are not going to reach anywhere.
lol
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by sweerychick(f): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
Great100000:
But let's be honest, that Brazilian Team is something else....

Every department in that jam-packed with talents.

Richarlison 2nd Goal is the Goal of the Tournament so far.

Bravo SAMBA.
i bet Brazil and France
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by ozil123: 5:22pm On Nov 25, 2022
LasisiAyodeji:
At the dying minutes of preparation ahead of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP, Senegalese talisman Sadio Manè was withdrawn from the team that would represent Senegal at the football festival in Qatar. His immediate withdraw, was seen as a let down to the already high spirit of the newly crowned African champions. However, whilst analysis are being given on Senegal's chances without Manè, we must not be quick to forget that in 2002, Senegal under the tutorage of Bruno Metsu and the inspiration of players like Toni Silva, El-Hadj Diof, Tony Camara, Aliou Cisse, Papa Bouba Diop and Ferdinand just to mention a few, got to the quarter finals before they lost out through a golden goal against Turkey. Ever since, the nation team hasn't really done well in major tournaments until 2019 when, they had succeeded in gathering some of the finest players Africa has to offer on the global stage. The resultant is that, they became champions of Africa for the very first time in February 2022. Exactly 20 years after they had lost out on penalties to Cameroon. Though comprising of a highly talented set of players, one might begin to downplay the chances of Senegal's surprise element in Qatar due to the absence of the inspirational Sadio Manè. At the same time, if we look holistically at the depth in their squad, one might see reasons why this team can make it as far as the semi finals and possibly lift the trophy.

Their Achilles heel is Mendy and their lack of finishing touch upfront. They need a Sadio Mane in that team.
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Great100000: 5:23pm On Nov 25, 2022
sweerychick:
i bet Brazil and France
Yeah, France too, I still believe that Argentina will turn it around sha.
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by IamGreen1(f): 5:26pm On Nov 25, 2022
Which glory where Brazil killer squad dey. I'm wishing them the best.

2 Likes

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by DenreleDave(m): 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2022
which mu mu glory
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by just4fun(m): 5:35pm On Nov 25, 2022
Plz which Glory r u talking about bcoz ayamnotundastandin ?
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by kolarov93(m): 5:38pm On Nov 25, 2022
Make them try reach semi final at least.

But Ghana ehen, I won’t give them my blessing grin
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by doneback04: 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2022
LasisiAyodeji:
At the dying minutes of preparation ahead of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP, Senegalese talisman Sadio Manè was withdrawn from the team that would represent Senegal at the football festival in Qatar. His immediate withdraw, was seen as a let down to the already high spirit of the newly crowned African champions. However, whilst analysis are being given on Senegal's chances without Manè, we must not be quick to forget that in 2002, Senegal under the tutorage of Bruno Metsu and the inspiration of players like Toni Silva, El-Hadj Diof, Tony Camara, Aliou Cisse, Papa Bouba Diop and Ferdinand just to mention a few, got to the quarter finals before they lost out through a golden goal against Turkey. Ever since, the nation team hasn't really done well in major tournaments until 2019 when, they had succeeded in gathering some of the finest players Africa has to offer on the global stage. The resultant is that, they became champions of Africa for the very first time in February 2022. Exactly 20 years after they had lost out on penalties to Cameroon. Though comprising of a highly talented set of players, one might begin to downplay the chances of Senegal's surprise element in Qatar due to the absence of the inspirational Sadio Manè. At the same time, if we look holistically at the depth in their squad, one might see reasons why this team can make it as far as the semi finals and possibly lift the trophy.

If only Ecaudor can win this evening or atlast get a draw with Netherlands, but it would be a match to watch with Ecaudor
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by 27Pushing30: 5:56pm On Nov 25, 2022
LasisiAyodeji:

Senegal wey no fit pass group stage?
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by sayso: 5:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
LasisiAyodeji:

For defeating ordinary Qatar?
African teams lack basic intelligence values in doing things.
Look at the Ghana penalty? Is it by muscle?
Ronaldo was cornered,common sense demands you stay with him do not do anything.
Look at Senagal vs Holland, keeping offside with high line? Who dies that.
Cameroon playing as if you are in a boxing ring.
How did Spain score 7 goals? Did the referee give them all the goals?.
Abegi.

1 Like

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by zudozz: 6:05pm On Nov 25, 2022
UNA DON START AGAIN?

1 Like

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by veektor01(m): 6:05pm On Nov 25, 2022
I am shocked at the response of most people here.

I doubt most of you here have been watching the matches.

Senegal, Ghana and the other African teams have a strong chance of doing well if they get focused.

The only Impressive non African teams so far to me are : Brazil and France. The rest can be beaten by just any one.
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Gryffindor: 6:18pm On Nov 25, 2022
Easier for me to bring glory to Africa than for Senegal in this World cup ���

1 Like

Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by ukaface(f): 6:22pm On Nov 25, 2022
Na football Una wan use bring glory to Africa?

Africans wey no Dey united dey look for glory

If Senegal win na for them, no be for Africa.
Don’t get it twisted
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by karmaolu1(m): 6:27pm On Nov 25, 2022
Yes.
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by zoomman(m): 6:47pm On Nov 25, 2022
It depends on the final match with Ecuador, but the way I see it, if Ecuador wins against the Dutch, it's over for Senegal.
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Princelumide: 6:50pm On Nov 25, 2022
Which kind mumu glory be that?
Dem neva comot for group...
U don dey get hope...
#yinmu tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Donmobi(m): 6:52pm On Nov 25, 2022
I definitely stan them
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by Ubonguko(m): 6:59pm On Nov 25, 2022
opera1:
Which glory abeg, Àbí na my Landlady's daughter?

They are not going to reach anywhere.

Hahahaha
Re: Can Senegal Bring Glory To Africa? by kals4luv990(m): 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2022
una don dey behave like Englishmen
Na just QATAR dem win oo
No overhype dem now maka heartbreak bikonu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Richest Wrestling Superstars of All Time / Taiwo Awoniyi Nominated For Nottingham Forest Fans’ Footballer Of The Year 2023 / AFCON 2021: Burkina Faso Vs Ethiopia (1 - 1) On 17th January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.