Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? (9125 Views)

The Impact Of Benny Hinn’s Rejection Of The Prosperity Gospel In Africa / Who Really Benefits From Nigeria's 'prosperity Gospel'? (BBC News) / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2022
God1000:
it saved the older generation sis, abi na lie?
Which older generation would that be? The older folks who are heavily steeped in the doctrines and traditions of men are saved? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by God1000(m): 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Which older generation would that be? The older folks who are heavily steeped in the doctrines and traditions of men are saved? undecided
it's still better cheesy
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2022
God1000:
it's still better cheesy
How? undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2022
Caffeine:
They are NOT true men of God but thieves and wolves in sheep clothing with the blood of millions on their hands.
I had to be the bearer of even worse news for you here. But that badge goes to every since pastor and mog out there, regardless of his Brand of doctrines. So long as they do not teach exactly that which Jesus Christ Himself taught, they are the wolves and the thieves who come to steal, to kill and destroy that Jesus Christ warned His followers to run away from.. undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by God1000(m): 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
How? undecided
I can't convince you sister cheesy because of your strong conviction.
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2022
God1000:
I can't convince you sister cheesy because of your strong conviction.
Wait a second.... you claim it is better that these people imbibe lies which Jesus Christ warned His followers that deny men the Truth of God, lies which nullify the power of God in the lives of those who imbibe them and render their worship of God of no meaning- Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 - Yet you are unable to explain exactly how by adoption those same lies, their lives are better for it? undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Nov 28, 2022
Cutehector:
Any church that only helps her members is a cult.
Ofcourse! undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by God1000(m): 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Wait a second.... you claim it is better that these people imbibe lies which Jesus Christ warned His followers that deny men the Truth of God, lies which nullify the power of God in the lives of those who imbibe them and render their worship of God of no meaning- Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 - Yet you are unable to explain exactly how by adoption those same lies, their lives are better for it? undecided
Lol cheesy Are we still debating prosperity Vs salvation.

I think you either misconstrued me or deviated from our conversation, which lies are you referring to?

You need salvation sister cheesy
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Nov 28, 2022
babzo:
1. Needs. Not wants. That's the big difference. 1 Tim 6: 8 tells us that if we have food and clothes we should be content.The thing is God doesn't promise anyone their wants, just their needs. He doesn't promise a Range Rover, Nike shoe , 10 bedroom house etc

2. Like Kenneth Hagin once said according to a vision he said he had. Heaven doesn't know when we buy new cars or houses etc. They only notice when we make spiritual growth.

3. All those extras is on our own. And If you check very well, despite all the prosperity preaching, there is not one Country in this world or one State in any country in this world where the richest person is a Christian. Much of the prosperity preaching is driven by greed, materialism, showing off etc. People want to get rich so they can show off, Oppress, act as God in some people's lives etc.

4. The irony is that you don't need to be a Christian or go to Church to become rich. Most of the richest people in Nigeria and the world don't attend any Church nor pay tithes and offerings.
1. The statement in bold is a lie sold to you by your pastors and mogs. undecided

2. Kenneth Hagin is a false teacher and false prophet meaning all he sells you are lies using the name of God. undecided

3. Jesus Christ teachings and commandments to His own is that they have to abandon it all - friends, family, jobs/careers, etc , sell everything they have and give it to the poor in order to be worthy of Him - gain access to the Kingdom of God through the Narrow gate that leads to True Life(Jesus Christ). Even after that, He commands that they give whatever it is they have to those who don't have in order to receive. Compare that the doctrines of your pastors and mogs and you see that they are, all of them, false teachers and false prophets peddling lies using the name of Jesus Christ. undecided

4. The riches and treasure of this world are that, the riches and treasures of this world. Whereas Jesus Christ calls His followers to a Kingdom not of this world. undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Nov 28, 2022
God1000:
Lol cheesy Are we still debating prosperity Vs salvation.

I think you either misconstrued me or deviated from our conversation, which lies are you referring to?

You need salvation sister cheesy
Go back through to see my question again to you is why you think the salvation doctrines which the older ones cling to, a doctrine that is equally of the doctrines and traditions of men, somehow makes their lives and souls better for it. undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by God1000(m): 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Go back through to see my question again to you is why you think the salvation doctrines which the older ones cling to, a doctrine that is equally of the doctrines and traditions of men, somehow makes their lives and souls better for it. undecided
doctrines and traditions of men, can you expound further?.

And yes, their souls were better for it, you don't just want to admit it
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 4:51pm On Nov 28, 2022
God1000:
1. doctrines and traditions of men, can you expound further?.

2. And yes, their souls were better for it, you don't just want to admit it
1. Read Jesus Christ's teaching regarding such primarily in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided

2. How are their souls better if what they feed on are still nothing but lies? undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by God1000(m): 4:57pm On Nov 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Read Jesus Christ's teaching regarding such primarily in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided

2. How are their souls better if what they feed on are still nothing but lies? undecided
We're going to continue this debate later cheesy, I won't forget.
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2022
Nazgul:
No part of the gospel is a scam. The problem about prosperity message is that most pastors especially here in Africa use it to manipulate their gullible members into giving with the hope that God would bless them.
But what is preached in Africa and the rest of the world mind you, isn't the Gospel, but the doctrines and traditions of men, lies which Jesus Christ warned are against God. So this and all others are scams. lipsrsealed
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 5:21pm On Nov 28, 2022
Jokerman:
Prosperity is God's gift to his Children.

However, it's not thr most important stuff a man needs... Matthew 4:4
Which children? The one's He told that they had to abandon it all in other ti become worthy of Him? undecided

The same He explained ought to sell it all and give it away to the poor in order to have Heaven and treasures in Heaven? undecided

The same ones who He told they had to give what they had away in order to recieve, this even after they had initially abandoned it all in order to enter into the Narrow Gate that leads to True life aka Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2022
HomeTutorsPro:

Every church is a cult.
So are mosques, shrines, political parties, age grades, associations and every other group that holds certain beliefs and ideologies, and have a common and unique method of doing things.
Excellent!
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:50pm On Nov 28, 2022
CodeTemplar:
I clearly stated two types of prosperity in my post. The worldly one and godly one. As for mentor, I don't know what you are talking about.

You have a strong history assigning unfounded things to people and it seem you always need to do that to maintain your delusions. I can't remember referring to anyone as my mentor.
So says the hypocrite that falsely accused me of being same person @bodydialect, muttleylaff, enthronedbyGod, etc. Today you're are back in enthronedbyGod's thread where you falsely and maliciously accused him pretending to be his friend.

So you mean your 'prosperity' gospel preaching church leader that you've been obsessively defending here like a blind sheep, including his heresy below, is no longer or has never been your mentor?

Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by CodeTemplar: 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
So says the hypocrite that falsely accused me of being same person @bodydialect, muttleylaff, enthronedbyGod, etc. Today you're are back in enthronedbyGod's thread where you falsely and maliciously accused him pretending to be his friend.

So you mean your 'prosperity' gospel preaching church leader that you've been obsessively defending here like a blind sheep, including his heresy below, is no longer or has never been your mentor?
Mentor assignee... A K A JayJay Otumokpor.
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Ionkidiz(m): 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

boss please drop your number for me
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:47am On Nov 29, 2022
CodeTemplar:

Mentor denier... Why not answer the simple question to prove he's not really your mentor?
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by atheistconverta: 1:04am On Nov 29, 2022
CodeTemplar:
I clearly stated two types of prosperity in my post. The worldly one and godly one. As for mentor, I don't know what you are talking about.

You have a strong history assigning unfounded things to people and it seem you always need to do that to maintain your delusions. I can't remember referring to anyone as my mentor.
Who asked you about kinds of prosperity or are you talking to yourself? The question is if the 'prosperity' gospel is a scam not kinds of prosperity that no one asked you. Except you have you something you're trying to hide.
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 1:07am On Nov 29, 2022
phemmyfour:
Gospel is encompassing.... nothing like prosperity gospel

Jesus taught on all manners of topics. We should be more concern about sound teaching.
Prosperity gospel which is of the doctrines and traditions of your mogs and pastors is a scam among all other scams out there masquerading as the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 1:09am On Nov 29, 2022
damoobaba:
We are followers of Christ, not followers of men. If the Bible says it's then it's right but if the Bible says it's wrong then it's wrong. Let the word of God guide your decision.
So long as you listen to and imbibe the doctrines and traditions of your pastors and mogs, you are followers of your mogs and pastors. Jesus Christ clearly taught that you cannot serve two masters in the Kingdom of God meaning you either pay head only to that taught by Jesus Christ, teachings that are diametrically opposed to all the gobbledygook spewed by your pastors and mogs using His name. undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by atheistconverta: 1:11am On Nov 29, 2022
CodeTemplar:

If you could believe such a heretic teaching of the 'prosperity' gospel, it means you're a blind sheep that is bound for the ditch if you don't make a U-turn, so quit the excuses.
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 1:15am On Nov 29, 2022
mployer:
.... whatever he does he shall prosper.
Jesus Christ said those who are His followers are no longer to work for food that perishes but instead for food that endures to eternity - John 6 vs 25 - 35 - and that work has to do with believing in Him. Juxtapose the doctrines and traditions fed you by your pastors and mogs, with that which is the Truth as taught by Jesus Christ and it is bound to dawn on you - at least for those discerning- that what God said about His own prospering has absolutely nothing to do with the conclusions reached by your pastors and mogs. undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 1:18am On Nov 29, 2022
Emperor88:
The entire gospel and even religion itself is scam....
. Nigeria is a big proof
The Gospel of the Kingdom of God as taught by Jesus Christ has yet to be preached in Nigeria. Instead, what prevails are lies, scams masquerading as God's Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 1:57am On Nov 29, 2022
MyExpression:
Listen attentively to Nigerian pastors.
Covid-19 changed the game.

They are now preaching Diligence and hardwork.

They've doubled down on Grace and Faith teachings.
Liars can never offer you truth which they don't even have. God said, "Obedience" is the key in the Kingdom of God, these now teach you that instead diligence and hardwork is. So is God a liar? undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 1:58am On Nov 29, 2022
TheMostComplex1:

WILL THEY AGREE BECAUSE THEY ARE SCARED THAT THEIR MEMBERS WILL LEAVE THE CHURCH
Why do you put your hope in these men whose mouths are filled with lies to begin with? undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 2:00am On Nov 29, 2022
Fairview1:
It's not scam, in as much as it inspires you to make more money and return 10% to them. There's nothing wrong with that.

Sometimes I wish they can run our country like they run the new generational churches. Preach the gospel, inspire and motivate people to work harder, make more money and return 10% of whatsoever they made and then judiciously use the money to promote and project nation building through building quality education institutions
You are one of the pastors and mogs ruling the lives of people with lies you sell them using the name of God, right? undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 2:03am On Nov 29, 2022
MrPresident1:
The prosperity doctrine is not a scam, but it is akin to leaving the substance and chasing shadows. Prosperity comes, Willy nilly, to the child of God, it is God's pleasure to make us prosper in all we do, it comes naturally.

It does not deserve a doctrine
Wrong! undecided

It is a lie and a lie is a scam. Jesus Christ explained this to you lot over 2000 years ago but you have all but abandoned Him all so you can follow after the lies of men that tickle your souls. undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 3:08am On Nov 29, 2022
FireUpNow:
1. My opinion is that follow the example of Jesus Christ as contained in the gospel books of the bible and imitate Christ not what men tell you.

2. The same men who propagate the prosperity gospel end up boasting about the material things they have acquired such as private jets, exotic cars, real estates, the huge amount of money they have In their bank accounts. I just laugh and say this is not how it should be. We have heard several stories of men and women who have stolen from people and companies all in the name of paying tithes and sowing seeds of prosperity but ended up in prison. So just be wise is my advice. Shalom!
It is wrong to tell another to follow the example of Jesus Christ because Jesus Christ Himself instead taught that those who belong to Him are instead those who do as He commands - John 14 vs 15 - 25. So when you tell people to do instead as Jesus Christ did, you contravene Jesus Christ and that is sin against God. undecided

2. All of your pastors and mogs are the thieves who Jesus Christ warned come to steal, kill and destroy using His name. undecided
Re: Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam? by Kobojunkie: 3:17am On Nov 29, 2022
Panda7:
faith without work the bible says is sin
Jesus Christ informed you that if you want to become His follower, you will cease to work for food that perishes but instead work for food that endures to eternity and that work is believing in the one whom the Father sent, Jesus Christ - John 6 vs 25 - 35. So, you better make sure the kind of work you are doing is that commanded by Him and not the vain works of this world.. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Better Learn How To Pray / Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... / Popular Present Day Pastors U Know Found In Hell By Divine Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.