Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

How To Get Apostille For My Marriage Cert - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Get Apostille For My Marriage Cert (752 Views)

Divorce: He Claimed To Have A Degree In Mass Comm But He Has Just A Sch. Cert. / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / I Am Very Unhappy In My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Apostille For My Marriage Cert by nicolac1(f): 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2011
Im Irish & my husband is Nigerian, we both live in Uk but got married in Benin, Nigeria. We have been told that we need an apostille now for our marriage cert as it wasnt issued here in UK, does anyone know if this can be done by Nigerian embassy in UK or does our certificate have to be returned to Nigeria to be stamped?
Re: How To Get Apostille For My Marriage Cert by Johndoe100(m): 5:11pm On Aug 26, 2011
Sorry, most African countries (including Nigeria) refused to sign the convention covering Apostille's. You can get the certificate validated by the Nigerian Government but it is in 2 or 3 steps. You must first verify that the people you want to give the apostilled document to will accept another form of verification, then you have a choice of :

1. Noterization
2. Federal Government verification
3. Validation at your embassy or high commission.

Hope this helps.
Re: How To Get Apostille For My Marriage Cert by nicolac1(f): 3:58am On Aug 27, 2011
It does, thank you

(1) (Reply)

Farm Dog Nurses Baby After Teenage Mum Abandons Her / Funny Stuffs Ur Little Kids Say And Asks: / August 1st 2012:your Plans For Yourself And Your Family This New Month.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.