Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

What Is So Special About The iPhone? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is So Special About The iPhone? (15649 Views)

15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone / What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. / Samsung Sues Apple Over The Iphone 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2011
sun_temi:

You lie, and having an iPhone 4 is not the issue but knowing how to fully utilize it is my point. I still can't figure out a single thing an android device can do that iPhone 4 can't do, also iOS is the only OS I know of [/b]that have got an [b]offline wikipedia. you heard me right 'Offline wikipedia' called Wiki2Touch.

Lol Bro, don't even go there with me. I bought the very first iPod Touch made in 2007 and jailbroke it a couple weeks after, it was later stolen. My first iPhone 3g in 2008 and jailbroke it immediately, still with me. Bought an iPod Touch 4 in 2010, jailbroke it but the screen accidentally broke and cracked but is still usable and it is still with me. After this, i acquired an iPad 2 which i didn't like and returned the next day to buy an iPhone 4. What am i trying to say? You are not speaking to an apple novice here. I can teach you things you never heard about the iOS that would make get you puzzled. I am heavy on the jailbreak scene and hacking credits in apps with Hex Editor and all. All the secrets of SSH and using command prompts on the iOS, i know. I was there when iOS hackers were trying to create the first Bluetooth client which ended up as Sweettooth. I was an early adopter of Installer before peeps even knew what was jailbreak and cydia. So i repeat, there is nothing you can tell me about the iOS devices. That being said, Android OS is a much better OS for people like me who poke into their devices and it does much more than iOS. Flash being one of them.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by tunnytox(m): 5:15pm On Aug 27, 2011
I have an iphone and I absolutely love it, its so simple to use that probably only an slowpoke will have a problem using an iphone. My wife have an HTC and I can say its not so simple to use also its picture quality is not so good. The only shortcoming of iphone is its incompatibility with adobe flash player.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 27, 2011
Yep! It's official, I am tech buff, I follow a lot of tech news, First to clear the air of ignorance about the iphone 4, IT ISN'T 4G. A 4G phone theoretically would be able to download 1gb of data in 1 second, lol, I don't see any phone on the market doing that, The people making phones are relying on consumer ignorance, Since Iphone 3 is 3g, Then iphone 4 should be 4g rite?, lmao, then Iphone 5 nko?, 5g abi, there are no networks currently that support a 4g network though I heard a motorola phone currently has the hardware for it, Back to the bone of contention, I currently use a blackberry bold 2, It serves most of my daily phone needs, It's 3g, The camera is alrite, It's handy, the camera has a flash, and I can stream music to it via a third party app, it's relatively cheap, the services are well supported in nigeria,and with bbm I can connect to many of my peeps also using a blackberry So what rily is the bone of contention, Apple is known to make high end products, a bit expensive but beautiful, genius products, the only problem using an iphone in Nigeria is that the services are not well supported and u might have to pay a lot to enjoy most of the services, I stand to be corrected but no hardware beats iphones touch sensitive screen, even samsung galaxy, it's like the touchscreen has been 'jazzed up' to obey ur every command, The phone u use is a matter of preference and if u are confused what phone to get just contact me, I'll be glad to give u advise, for now I'm still on my bold 2 streaming beat fm live (who says u can't listen to radio on ur blackberry) plus thousands of foreign radio stations, and let's I forget samsung galaxy rocks, android froyo mehn, open source, free apps, I think they could just be the next generation.
.Yep! It's official, I am tech buff, I follow a lot of tech news, First to clear the air of ignorance about the iphone 4, IT ISN'T 4G. A 4G phone theoretically would be able to download 1gb of data in 1 second, lol, I don't see any phone on the market doing that, The people making phones are relying on consumer ignorance, Since Iphone 3 is 3g, Then iphone 4 should be 4g rite?, lmao, then Iphone 5 nko?, 5g abi, there are no networks currently that support a 4g network though I heard a motorola phone currently has the hardware for it, Back to the bone of contention, I currently use a blackberry bold 2, It serves most of my daily phone needs, It's 3g, The camera is alrite, It's handy, the camera has a flash, and I can stream music to it via a third party app, it's relatively cheap, the services are well supported in nigeria,and with bbm I can connect to many of my peeps also using a blackberry So what rily is the bone of contention, Apple is known to make high end products, a bit expensive but beautiful, genius products, the only problem using an iphone in Nigeria is that the services are not well supported and u might have to pay a lot to enjoy most of the services, I stand to be corrected but no hardware beats iphones touch sensitive screen, even samsung galaxy, it's like the touchscreen has been 'jazzed up' to obey ur every command, The phone u use is a matter of preference and if u are confused what phone to get just contact me, I'll be glad to give u advise, for now I'm still on my bold 2 streaming beat fm live (who says u can't listen to radio on ur blackberry) plus thousands of foreign radio stations, and let's I forget samsung galaxy rocks, android froyo mehn, open source, free apps, I think they could just be the next generation.sorry I didn't talk about nokia, the shit is dead mehn, Symbian eh, since all those years, They're still touting their crap Os. They beta wake up o!
la phone currently has the hardware for it, Back to the bone of contention, I currently use a blackberry bold 2, It serves most of my daily phone needs, It's 3g, The camera is alrite, It's handy, the camera has a flash, and I can stream music to it via a third party app, it's relatively cheap, the services are well supported in nigeria,and with bbm I can connect to many of my peeps also using a blackberry So what rily is the bone of contention, Apple is known to make high end products, a bit expensive but beautiful, genius products, the only problem using an iphone in Nigeria is that the services are not well supported and u might have to pay a lot to enjoy most of the services, I stand to be corrected but no hardware beats iphones touch sensitive screen, even samsung galaxy, it's like the touchscreen has been 'jazzed up' to obey ur every command, The phone u use is a matter of preference and if u are confused what phone to get just contact me, I'll be glad to give u advise, for now I'm still on my bold 2 streaming beat fm live (who says u can't listen to radio on ur blackberry) plus thousands of foreign radio stations, and let's I forget samsung galaxy rocks, android froyo mehn, open source, free apps, I think they could just be the next generation.
.Yep! It's official, I am tech buff, I follow a lot of tech news, First to clear the air of ignorance about the iphone 4, IT ISN'T 4G. A 4G phone theoretically would be able to download 1gb of data in 1 second, lol, I don't see any phone on the market doing that, The people making phones are relying on consumer ignorance, Since Iphone 3 is 3g, Then iphone 4 should be 4g rite?, lmao, then Iphone 5 nko?, 5g abi, there are no networks currently that support a 4g network though I heard a motorola phone currently has the hardware for it, Back to the bone of contention, I currently use a blackberry bold 2, It serves most of my daily phone needs, It's 3g, The camera is alrite, It's handy, the camera has a flash, and I can stream music to it via a third party app, it's relatively cheap, the services are well supported in nigeria,and with bbm I can connect to many of my peeps also using a blackberry So what rily is the bone of contention, Apple is known to make high end products, a bit expensive but beautiful, genius products, the only problem using an iphone in Nigeria is that the services are not well supported and u might have to pay a lot to enjoy most of the services, I stand to be corrected but no hardware beats iphones touch sensitive screen, even samsung galaxy, it's like the touchscreen has been 'jazzed up' to obey ur every command, The phone u use is a matter of preference and if u are confused what phone to get just contact me, I'll be glad to give u advise, for now I'm still on my bold 2 streaming beat fm live (who says u can't listen to radio on ur blackberry) plus thousands of foreign radio stations, and let's I forget samsung galaxy rocks, android froyo mehn, open source, free apps, I think they could just be the next generation.sorry I didn't talk about nokia, the shit is dead mehn, Symbian eh, since all those years, They're still touting their crap Os. They beta wake up o!
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by moonraker(m): 5:17pm On Aug 27, 2011
12 inches!:

Yep! It's official, I am tech buff, I follow a lot of tech news, First to clear the air of ignorance about the iphone 4, IT ISN'T 4G. A 4G phone theoretically would be able to download 1gb of data in 1 second, lol, I don't see any phone on the market doing that, The people making phones are relying on consumer ignorance, Since Iphone 3 is 3g, Then iphone 4 should be 4g rite?, lmao, then Iphone 5 nko?, 5g abi, there are no networks currently that support a 4g network though I heard a motorola phone currently has the hardware for it, Back to the bone of contention, I currently use a blackberry bold 2, It serves most of my daily phone needs, It's 3g, The camera is alrite, It's handy, the camera has a flash, and I can stream music to it via a third party app, it's relatively cheap, the services are well supported in nigeria,and with bbm I can connect to many of my peeps also using a blackberry So what rily is the bone of contention, Apple is known to make high end products, a bit expensive but beautiful, genius products, the only problem using an iphone in Nigeria is that the services are not well supported and u might have to pay a lot to enjoy most of the services, I stand to be corrected but no hardware beats iphones touch sensitive screen, even samsung galaxy, it's like the touchscreen has been 'jazzed up' to obey your every command, The phone u use is a matter of preference and if u are confused what phone to get just contact me, I'll be glad to give u advise, for now I'm still on my bold 2 streaming beat fm live (who says u can't listen to radio on your blackberry) plus thousands of foreign radio stations, and let's I forget samsung galaxy rocks, android froyo mehn, open source, free apps, I think they could just be the next generation.
.Yep! It's official, I am tech buff, I follow a lot of tech news, First to clear the air of ignorance about the iphone 4, IT ISN'T 4G. A 4G phone theoretically would be able to download 1gb of data in 1 second, lol, I don't see any phone on the market doing that, The people making phones are relying on consumer ignorance, Since Iphone 3 is 3g, Then iphone 4 should be 4g rite?, lmao, then Iphone 5 nko?, 5g abi, there are no networks currently that support a 4g network though I heard a motorola phone currently has the hardware for it, Back to the bone of contention, I currently use a blackberry bold 2, It serves most of my daily phone needs, It's 3g, The camera is alrite, It's handy, the camera has a flash, and I can stream music to it via a third party app, it's relatively cheap, the services are well supported in nigeria,and with bbm I can connect to many of my peeps also using a blackberry So what rily is the bone of contention, Apple is known to make high end products, a bit expensive but beautiful, genius products, the only problem using an iphone in Nigeria is that the services are not well supported and u might have to pay a lot to enjoy most of the services, I stand to be corrected but no hardware beats iphones touch sensitive screen, even samsung galaxy, it's like the touchscreen has been 'jazzed up' to obey your every command, The phone u use is a matter of preference and if u are confused what phone to get just contact me, I'll be glad to give u advise, for now I'm still on my bold 2 streaming beat fm live (who says u can't listen to radio on your blackberry) plus thousands of foreign radio stations, and let's I forget samsung galaxy rocks, android froyo mehn, open source, free apps, I think they could just be the next generation.sorry I didn't talk about nokia, the poo is dead mehn, Symbian eh, since all those years, They're still touting their crap Os. They beta wake up o!
la phone currently has the hardware for it, Back to the bone of contention, I currently use a blackberry bold 2, It serves most of my daily phone needs, It's 3g, The camera is alrite, It's handy, the camera has a flash, and I can stream music to it via a third party app, it's relatively cheap, the services are well supported in nigeria,and with bbm I can connect to many of my peeps also using a blackberry So what rily is the bone of contention, Apple is known to make high end products, a bit expensive but beautiful, genius products, the only problem using an iphone in Nigeria is that the services are not well supported and u might have to pay a lot to enjoy most of the services, I stand to be corrected but no hardware beats iphones touch sensitive screen, even samsung galaxy, it's like the touchscreen has been 'jazzed up' to obey your every command, The phone u use is a matter of preference and if u are confused what phone to get just contact me, I'll be glad to give u advise, for now I'm still on my bold 2 streaming beat fm live (who says u can't listen to radio on your blackberry) plus thousands of foreign radio stations, and let's I forget samsung galaxy rocks, android froyo mehn, open source, free apps, I think they could just be the next generation.
.Yep! It's official, I am tech buff, I follow a lot of tech news, First to clear the air of ignorance about the iphone 4, IT ISN'T 4G. A 4G phone theoretically would be able to download 1gb of data in 1 second, lol, I don't see any phone on the market doing that, The people making phones are relying on consumer ignorance, Since Iphone 3 is 3g, Then iphone 4 should be 4g rite?, lmao, then Iphone 5 nko?, 5g abi, there are no networks currently that support a 4g network though I heard a motorola phone currently has the hardware for it, Back to the bone of contention, I currently use a blackberry bold 2, It serves most of my daily phone needs, It's 3g, The camera is alrite, It's handy, the camera has a flash, and I can stream music to it via a third party app, it's relatively cheap, the services are well supported in nigeria,and with bbm I can connect to many of my peeps also using a blackberry So what rily is the bone of contention, Apple is known to make high end products, a bit expensive but beautiful, genius products, the only problem using an iphone in Nigeria is that the services are not well supported and u might have to pay a lot to enjoy most of the services, I stand to be corrected but no hardware beats iphones touch sensitive screen, even samsung galaxy, it's like the touchscreen has been 'jazzed up' to obey your every command, The phone u use is a matter of preference and if u are confused what phone to get just contact me, I'll be glad to give u advise, for now I'm still on my bold 2 streaming beat fm live (who says u can't listen to radio on your blackberry) plus thousands of foreign radio stations, and let's I forget samsung galaxy rocks, android froyo mehn, open source, free apps, I think they could just be the next generation.sorry I didn't talk about nokia, the poo is dead mehn, Symbian eh, since all those years, They're still touting their crap Os. They beta wake up o!

u typed all that?? shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Rastamann: 5:30pm On Aug 27, 2011
iphone is special because no phone have ever been an 'i' except iphone!
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by BluMalam(m): 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2011
ragdollz:

Let's face it, it's all about [size=18pt]branding[/size] and features and Apple knows more about that than any other company on the planet. iPhone is what it is, a mega product, you either like it or you don't - or you like what you have better. But never ever say "what's so special" or "no big deal" about iPhone! If it was crap no one would pay heavy dough for it! That's not a criteria but trust me, a [size=28pt]Skoda and a Rolls Royce are both automobiles, but check it, THE DIFFERENCE IS CLEAR!! [/size]

grin grin grin
Oya wetin be ya numba make i send u credit, badt guy grin grin grin
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2011
If you are'nt using your so-smart phones to do something meaningful such as callin in an air-strike or an evac then you should try an older model.

nerds

Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 27, 2011
12 inches!:

Yep! It's official, I am tech buff, I follow a lot of tech news, First to clear the air of ignorance about the iphone 4, IT ISN'T 4G. A 4G phone theoretically would be able to download 1gb of data in 1 second, lol, I don't see any phone on the market doing that, The people making phones are relying on consumer ignorance, Since Iphone 3 is 3g, Then iphone 4 should be 4g rite?, lmao, then Iphone 5 nko?, 5g abi, there are no networks currently that support a 4g network though I heard a motorola phone currently has the hardware for it, Back to the bone of contention, I currently use a blackberry bold 2, It serves most of my daily phone needs, It's 3g, The camera is alrite, It's handy, the camera has a flash, and I can stream music to it via a third party app, it's relatively cheap, the services are well supported in nigeria,and with bbm I can connect to many of my peeps also using a blackberry So what rily is the bone of contention, Apple is known to make high end products, a bit expensive but beautiful, genius products, the only problem using an iphone in Nigeria is that the services are not well supported and u might have to pay a lot to enjoy most of the services, I stand to be corrected but no hardware beats iphones touch sensitive screen, even samsung galaxy, it's like the touchscreen has been 'jazzed up' to obey your every command, The phone u use is a matter of preference and if u are confused what phone to get just contact me, I'll be glad to give u advise, for now I'm still on my bold 2 streaming beat fm live (who says u can't listen to radio on your blackberry) plus thousands of foreign radio stations, and let's I forget samsung galaxy rocks, android froyo mehn, open source, free apps, I think they could just be the next generation.
la phone currently has the hardware for it, Back to the bone of contention, I currently use a blackberry bold 2, It serves most of my daily phone needs, It's 3g, The camera is alrite, It's handy, the camera has a flash, and I can stream music to it via a third party app, it's relatively cheap, the services are well supported in nigeria,and with bbm I can connect to many of my peeps also using a blackberry So what rily is the bone of contention, Apple is known to make high end products, a bit expensive but beautiful, genius products, the only problem using an iphone in Nigeria is that the services are not well supported and u might have to pay a lot to enjoy most of the services, I stand to be corrected but no hardware beats iphones touch sensitive screen, even samsung galaxy, it's like the touchscreen has been 'jazzed up' to obey your every command, The phone u use is a matter of preference and if u are confused what phone to get just contact me, I'll be glad to give u advise, for now I'm still on my bold 2 streaming beat fm live (who says u can't listen to radio on your blackberry) plus thousands of foreign radio stations, and let's I forget samsung galaxy rocks, android froyo mehn, open source, free apps, I think they could just be the next generation.

You dont know what you are typing!
The first phones were considered 1g as in first generation and has nothing to do with data rate but the media of communication being voice only.
Then came 2g it afforded the user the ability to send text messages.
Motorola released the first evr 3G fone which afforded you the ability to send video messaging as well.
4G is for smart phone generation affording you to use your fone as a info manager

You are not even nerds are take that back!
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by ochukoccna: 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2011
At OP,
Iphone vs Nokia? angry angry
This comparison is a no brainer
When [or is it if] you get to own one, you go understand.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by pleep(m): 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2011
Its way to expensive, to pay for 30$ a month interent, so i got rid of it. The only reason i got one was cuz it was my first phone and i wanted something really nice.

But u can get a refurbished unlocked 1st gen for pretty cheap
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by maitala: 6:31pm On Aug 27, 2011
How much is MTN iphone monthly data plan
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by kayc33(m): 6:33pm On Aug 27, 2011
nothin special till you get one tongue
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by uju2: 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2011
Pafuri:

You bought the iphone in LONDON but did not know you needed to unlock it for it to work in Naija? grin grin grin

I'm not talking about unlocking the phone, I mean the simcard is smaller and I couldnt find a simcard that size this was in january unless they have started selling them since then. As at january there were no iphone packages available.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2011
its a good phone. I used it for about 3 weeks before i sold it. U can check my recent post for the pics. I didnt like all of the features. Cuz i had taken some features i had on previous phones for granted. Like the ability to send my pics to my iphone from my old phone straight out of the box was a concern to me. I couldnt just snap and share imediately with friends. Battery life wasnt it. A really annoying short charger cord. Phone get droping outta my hand cuz the cord yanked it outta my hand.

It has great apps mostly after jailbreak, some of the sickest games. The sf i played on it was mind boggling. Super crisp pics and video but having to use itunes for everything was just so tiring and frustrating at times.

Apple needs to have a rethink on the memory card ish. Come on, like seriously why do u take that for granted. Its one thing to have loyal fans and another to make feature rich phones.

If apple should release the iphone 5 with this features

1 memeory card support up to 64G
2 open the bluetooth feature
3 a longer usb cord.
4 flash support
5 video calling not facetime. Facetime only supports iphones
6 skype video calling

it would be the perfect mobile phone and andriod would not be able to match it.

I seriously think apple needs to worry about google's purchase of motorola. Cuz i think they aim to make the perfect os to match with a perfectly built phone.

Samsung would be releasing a 4.68 inch phone sometime in Q4 with a 1.5ghz dual core cpu with a 1280 X 720 HD screen. If samsung can do that we can only wait to see what google would make motorola create for them. Already andriod is surpassing iphones in terms of sales in the us and europe.

Jobs is gone tim has a job to do. He needs to look at the trend. People wont enjoy being constrained for long.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by knotty(m): 6:54pm On Aug 27, 2011
Now, you guys wanna make me sob for losing my Iphone4.
The day i got a HTC Sensation as a second phone, i knew misfortune was coming the way of the Iphone.
the HTC sensation is sweet but it is not close to the iPhone.
I,m Sad.
Consolation is i will wait till Iphone5 comes and make a go for it.
Khaki no be the same with Mocassin
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2011
its a good phone. I used it for about 3 weeks before i sold it. U can check my recent post for the pics. I didnt like all of the features. Cuz i had taken some features i had on previous phones for granted. Like the ability to send my pics to my iphone from my old phone straight out of the box was a concern to me. I couldnt just snap and share imediately with friends. Battery life wasnt it. A really annoying short charger cord. Phone get droping outta my hand cuz the cord yanked it outta my hand.

It has great apps mostly after jailbreak, some of the sickest games. The sf i played on it was mind boggling. Super crisp pics and video but having to use itunes for everything was just so tiring and frustrating at times.

Apple needs to have a rethink on the memory card ish. Come on, like seriously why do u take that for granted. Its one thing to have loyal fans and another to make feature rich phones.

3 a longer usb cord.
4 flash support
6 skype video calling

I seriously think apple needs to worry about google's purchase of motorola. Cuz i think they aim to make the perfect os to match with a perfectly built phone.

Samsung would be releasing a 4.68 inch phone sometime in Q4 with a 1.5ghz dual core cpu with a 1280 X 720 HD screen. If samsung can do that we can only wait to see what google would make motorola create for them. Already andriod is surpassing iphones in terms of sales in the us and europe.

Jobs is gone tim has a job to do. He needs to look at the trend. People wont enjoy being constrained for long.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2011

3 a longer usb cord.
4 flash support
6 skype video calling

Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by ragdollz: 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2011
knotty:

Now, you guys wanna make me sob for losing my Iphone4.
The day i got a HTC Sensation as a second phone, i knew misfortune was coming the way of the Iphone.
the HTC sensation is sweet but it is not close to the iPhone.
I,m Sad.
Consolation is i will wait till Iphone5 comes and make a go for it.
[size=18pt]Khaki no be the same with Mocassin[/size]

Yes oooh grin grin grin grin

Blu Malam:

grin grin grin
Oya wetin be ya numba make i send u credit, badt guy grin grin grin

Lool, thank you in advance grin grin grin
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by passyjango(m): 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2011
iPhone 4 is an overpriced hardware targeted at the rich, people who have nothing better to do with their money and people with easy credit. Some talk about millions of app,  how many of those apps do you actually use? Apple is a great marketing company and knows how to sell a product to the extent that people will see the need to buy, even when there is non.

Since the most of the comparism is largely between Nokia phones and iPhone, I will like to say that it is unreasonable to compare two phones just because both of them are phones. For example Nokia N8 cannot be compared with the iPhone 4 without first accounting the price point of the two phones.

Nokia N8 is around N60,000 while the iPhone 4 is around N125,000, so it is mischievous if not plain stupid for anyone to compare the two. iPhone 4 is about twice the price, but does not offer anywhere near twice what the N8 offers.

I have even seen people compare the C6 with the iPhone 4. One thing is sure if Nokia makes a phone at the same price point as Apple iPhone 4, it will be much better.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by ebogentle(m): 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2011
@poster, iSad. iSorry 4 u.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by denzel2009: 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2011
Whether you like it or not, iPhone has cornered the market. I don't even use the phone but it seems everybody has one. I foresee nokia closing shops soon.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by passyjango(m): 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2011
denzel2009:

Whether you like it or not, iPhone has cornered the market. I don't even use the phone but it seems everybody has one. I foresee nokia closing shops soon.
Maybe in London. Nokia is not going to close shop. Do not forget that 10 year ago some of us were expecting Apple to close shop, look at where they are today. There are still over a billion people yet to own a smartphone, so the market is still large especially in emerging markets. Even as we speak there are other gadgets waiting to be invented. So do not think that once you have seen the iPhone/iPad, you have seen it all.

Just one good premium product from Nokia and all the noise will be over. The problem that Nokia has is not that they are not selling phones (Nokia still sells a lot more phones than Apple), their problem is that they are selling mostly in emerging markets like Nigeria with lots of poor people and low margins compared to Apple that target premium markets with high margins.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2011
sun_temi:

You lie, and having an iPhone 4 is not the issue but knowing how to fully utilize it is my point. I still can't figure out a single thing an android device can do that iPhone 4 can't do, also iOS is the only OS I know of [/b]that have got an [b]offline wikipedia. you heard me right 'Offline wikipedia' called Wiki2Touch.

Lol Bro. I have been on the iPhone jailbreak scene since 2007, hacking iDevice games credits with Hex editor, making use of SSH command prompt on my 3g and being an active member of the iDevice underground scene before all you mainstream consumers hopped on the band wagon. I can show you things you never knew about the iDevices because i was there since 2007 and very active with it, so do not even attempt to call me a novice regarding anything Apple. Anyway that being said, the android OS is much more sophisticated than the iOS. I should know because i have both and am heavily into the modding and hacking scene of both. For one, the iDevices can't do flash.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by belushi7: 8:51pm On Aug 27, 2011
i use andriod , but i've a stint with the iphone 4 while my wife owned one before switching to the bb craze. Iphone is a lovely phone and apple makes one of the best hardwares definitely. i think no particular phone can be said to be better than any really. it all depends on what works for the user. iphone offers tremendous user experience and so does a whole lot of other OSs. I did frown at my wife switching to bb but you know what, bb does it for her. her mobile experience is far more reach now than while using the iphone. Just like me, i love my galaxy s. It gets the job done for me easily.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by amblors(m): 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2011
@poster i haven't used an Iphone but i have used Nokia long enuf to know that Symbian is no longer competitive, Nokia sabi that one that's why they've adopted Windows Mobile and may produce the last set of "symbian Nokia phones" next year.

I think the IOS software is a big deal though, just a thougt anyways.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Upright750: 8:56pm On Aug 27, 2011
take it or leave it. Iphone is the best mobile device , followed by HTC which own by google. If everybody were equal , where is your own iphone 4. with my iphone 4 i can ping other mobile device but they can't ping me. i can leave my iphone and went away without fear if any one can enter my phone even who knows the password to first open my iphone because i have luckdown all the applications on my iphone with different password. you dont know that because you dont have iphone. just leave iphone for those who knows the value and have the money. it's not made for everybody.  not to talk of the games. you can use phone inside air plane because this new model air plane has usb each seat for you to use ur iphone to watch movie and listen to music.  you use your iphone ear peac to listen to every program in the new model air plane because it's same with iphone ear peac.  IPHONE YOU ARE TOO MUCH.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by ragdollz: 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2011
belushi7:

i use andriod , but i've a stint with the iphone 4 while my wife owned one before switching to the bb craze. Iphone is a lovely phone and apple makes one of the best hardwares definitely. i think no particular phone can be said to be better than any really. it all depends on what works for the user. iphone offers [size=48pt]tremendous user experience[/size] and so does a whole lot of other OSs. I did frown at my wife switching to bb but you know what, bb does it for her. her mobile experience is far more reach now than while using the iphone. Just like me, i love my galaxy s. It gets the job done for me easily.

User-experience, I like that! I guess the bottom line is, what works for you. And the iPhone works for a lot of people! Status phone, killer apps, quality and quantity, etc etc. If your own phone does that for you, it's all good but no hating on the iPhone cos it speaks for itself. I'm out!
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by obillyj(f): 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2011
@Uju_1, u can use all nigeria sim cards on iphone. i know so cos i ve iphone and i ve used all the sims on it. what u should ve done is give it to them over there to unlock it for u. my husband bought mine in canada n unlocked there before sending it down here.
actually iphone is the bomb. it's just d thing. for those with doubts iphones has bluetooth and u need to be patience to learn how to operate it before u can enjoy it.one of the good things about it is that u can download watever u want via itunes and it is very easy to open account with itunes FOR FREE n get FREE UPDATES on those softwares. it is also wireless ready. i ve a nokia n900 that is wireless ready but it does not connect to my officce wireless as fast as the iphone. the iphone connects automatically to any wireless with very good reception but nokia nseries will require u to coonnect manually. also i lve the fact that i can swap sims without opening the battery compartment or switching the phone off
YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE IPHONE TO ENJOY IT n to do so YOU ALSO NEED AN ITUNE ACCOUNT. cheers
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Upright750: 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2011
@obillyj you are very correct. i told them that if everybody were EQUAL, where is your own iphone 4 , you can put your iphone on flight mode and keep doing what ever your doing phone , no shaking. cann cant enter. unless when you done and decided to start reciving call you will then change it to the nomal mode. but why is people saying that iphone dont have bluetooth. na wa oo. iphone suport mobile voip. and it's very clear and sound. with mobile voip you can be in nigeria and be making call to any country of your origin as local call which i always do when am in nigeria. call uk, china, usa, canada as local call. as internet call without afecting my mtn account. i know that those without iphone dont know all that.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2011
I was going to include my comment about what my iPhone can do but with the comments I've seen here, there is no point saying anything because it's like a dog trying to battle a lion, don't you think the dog is on a suicide mission? My iPhone would do everything you can ever think of doing on a phone or even on your computer and to round it up, I pay N1000 to glo for 200Mb, that would serve me a month if am not downloading much or I pay 3k to get 1GB data if I want to download ANYTHING .
If you think you've got a phone that can compete with an iPhone bring it on and tell me what your phone can do and mine can't .
SHIKENA
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by Nsonaso(m): 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2011
Guys special things about iphones are;
1. Iphones are made of Titanium i.e they can not be easily scrached (nd guy Titaniun no be beans). Nd it is the primary reason while iphones are very expensive. And any phone made of Titanium is always expensive, you can check this nokias out, Nokia 8800 Gold arte, Nokia 8800 Carbon arte, Nokia 8800 Saphear arte. This listed Nokias has the same specification with that of Nokia 6300 that is been sold for 21k-23k in Nigeria. But because of the Titanium casing this Nokia 8800 series is been sold 125k-150k in Nigeria.
Ok tell me if a phone with common 2.0 inch screen, No touch screen, No wi-fi, No Gps, Only 4GB inernal memory, No extanal memory card slot. Can be sold for 125k and above because of Titanium casing, then how much will a Phone (iphones) with Titanium + 3.5 inch screan + Touch screan + Wi-fi + 3G/3.5G + 8/16/32GB internal memory + Gps + Best hadware & OS for HD Games & Applictions. Will be sold for?
2. Iphone has the best hadware & OS for best gaming in mobile phone. So is just that some people who has money buy iphone cos of the expensiveness e.g my father & my uncle.ware & OS for HD Games & Applictions. Will be sold for?
2. Iphone has the best hadware & OS for best gaming in mobile phone. So is just that some people who has money buy iphone cos of the expensiveness e.g my father & my uncle.
Re: What Is So Special About The iPhone? by lalaboi(m): 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2011
If you dont have an Iphone. , You Dont have an iphone. Why fussing with peeps that enjoy having the iphone? grin Best phone in the market by milesssss

u2 1 day:

2 open  the bluetooth feature
3 a longer usb cord.
4 flash support
6 skype video calling

Battery life? How many phones in the market now can do as much stuffs the iphone does and last the amount of time the iphone lasts? You want unlimited battery? with all the features wey the phone get?

1 - memorycard to support 64gb? - why o why would u want a phone u can easily corrupt with bad memory card? An inbuilt storage is safe!

2 - Bluettoth feature is already open oga! If it sint then how do i connect my "Nokia" Bluetooth stereo and mono heaphones for wireless music and call making? Just cos u grew up using infrared to share songs "Illegally" dont mean every phone should have a bluetooth feature for file sharing.
Also, wireless tethering using bluetooth with you mac or any windows laptop/pc with bluetooth. Browsing internet on pc with bluetooth? This guy dey seriously jonze o lol

3 - A longer USB cord? Ahan? Na jazz?? How on earth is this feature a phone should have?

4 - Flash player! Flash drains ba3! and for a phone, it is not a must have!  The mobile phones that have flash media usually have shitty ba3 life! It will come soon to the iphone which will need a bigger ba3. Not every phone manufacturer can boast of flash so why should this be a problem for apple.

5 - Facetime supports Iphones/ Ipod touches/ Macbooks/Imacs/ And windows "coming soon". . seen as this is a newer feature, its left to developers of different platforms to create compartibility apps to match facetime. . . This is not down to Apple!

6- Skype. . . Na Apple get skype? Its left to skype to add the video calling feature to is app on reaching an agreement with apple. This does not in anyway relate to the features of the phone!. .Its an App related issue!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland 2go Users! Drop Your 2go Username. / The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc / How Long Can You Go Without Data On Your Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.