Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc (15654 Views)

See What Happens To The Blackberry Priv After It Was Turned Over Fire / If This Is The Blackberry Android Phone, I Want One / How Much Do Nigerians Love The Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by justkunmi(m): 10:18am On Feb 16, 2010
Hello.everyone. .
This.thread.is.for.bb.users. .
We.can.post.links.on.where.to.get.apps. . . Or.share.problems.ur.having.with.ur.fone.and.see.if.someone.can.help. .
Anything.about.your.blackberry.goes.here. .
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by justkunmi(m): 11:29am On Feb 16, 2010
Anyone.have.a.youtube.app.on.his.bb?
Wat.apps.do.u.guys.have.?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Ayomog(m): 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2010
how do i configure my blackberry 8300?i use MTN on it.do i have to go to their office?i need to start browsing on it and there is no web browser on it.thks
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by justkunmi(m): 1:08pm On Feb 17, 2010
@ayomog
if.this.is.your.first.time.using.the.phone, you.will.have.to.take.the.phone.to.an.MTN.office.around.to.get.your.BIS.activated.
once.it.is.activated. .the.browser.on.your.phone.and.the.service.books.would.appear.

After.the.first.time. .to.reactivate.for.subsequent.months. .you.will.send.''BIS''.to.21600. But.make.sure.you.have.#5000.loaded.on.your.phone.

Good.luck. .
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by benzion72(m): 8:45pm On Feb 19, 2010
Na only four people they use Blackberry, I need to think twice
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by hayprof(m): 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2010
lol, guys u r On Your Own ! grin

BB, bawo ?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by benzion72(m): 12:48am On Feb 21, 2010
Hi guy my fear have caught with me my office finally got one for me to be able to keep me at work even at home. Friend what do i stand to gain from monthly subscription of 10k to MTN nigeria. free call and browsing or what pls i need help
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by reka(m): 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2010
i need black berry 8830 pouch.abeg,if you sabi person wae get.i wan buy.07055556774

1 Like

Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by nearest(m): 12:02pm On Feb 22, 2010
Hi guys, i want to unlock a bb, is there any site? Secondly i need a battery for it, in fact its the most important help i need right now, any hope?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Jibson999(m): 11:38am On Feb 23, 2010
Guys im using 8100. Dont have any app in it. Pls help
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Kommentato(m): 6:38pm On Feb 23, 2010
My Blackberry Bold rocks.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by lynxnoon(m): 8:59pm On Feb 24, 2010
Kommentato:

My Blackberry Bold rocks.
my guy y dnt u help ur fellow BB guys so dey can rock dias too?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by justkunmi(m): 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
For.free.apps. .check.www.m.getjar.com
The.webiste.should.detect.your.phone.type.and.suggest.apps.for.yoy.
www.bbgeeks.com
www.brothersoft.com

Or.just.search.with.google. . Typing.in.your.phone.name.in.the.request.
E.g. "Free.blackberry.apps.for.blackberry 8100"

Good.luck
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by knibekwe: 5:08pm On Mar 05, 2010
Hi guys,

I just bought a bb9700 and I've been trying to activate BIS on it for the past 1 week with no luck. I sent "BIS" to 21600, my account was debited (N5,000 was deducted from my air time) but I still cannot browse with the phone. Each time I click on the browser icon I get the message "Hotspot browser".

Can anyone help me?

KC
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Kx: 5:14pm On Mar 05, 2010
knibekwe:

my account was debited (N5,000 was deducted from my air time) but I still cannot browse with the phone.

Yhello Robbery?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by okgerald(m): 9:26pm On Mar 05, 2010
:oNa wa oh! So blackberry no get apps like Nokia. You cannot manipulate d phone d same way u manipulate nok.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by airroseice(m): 12:29am On Mar 07, 2010
I recently got the BB Bold 9000 and honestly its a "Smart" phone.
The email push is absolutely incredible and it even hits my phone before it pops up on yahoo IM
You have the BBM, GPS and Maps, the Data is fantastic, plus there are plenty site offering free and paid apps.
try crackberry.com for more info.

Peace out.
Erosy.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by nike4luv(f): 11:11am On Mar 07, 2010
black berray 9700 bold. best thing since sliced bread
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by likeithot(f): 9:37am On Mar 08, 2010
BB is d in thing now cos its really a smart phone esp if u wanna connect wiv d world on d go. For free BB applications on ur fone, go to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com
U will get to download lots of free application compartible wiv ur bb.
Btw, I use d Storm nd I love it die,
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by texazzpete(m): 12:03pm On Mar 08, 2010
I've got a Blackberry Bold 9700 as a second phone. It's supposed to be the flagship blackberry, but i'm surprised how primitive the Blackberry OS UI is compared to the iphone's.

I'll sign up for the BIS plan, actually i've done the SMS thingy, still waiting for activation.

Please don't get me started on how horrible the default browser is.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by benzion72(m): 12:43pm On Mar 08, 2010
Do you know what MTN nigeria charge per kb of data use on Blackberry. How long does your 5000BIS and 10000 BES take beore you exhaust it. love to know all these?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by LAX89(m): 3:37pm On Mar 08, 2010
If you need information on BBs check this out; http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by justkunmi(m): 7:32am On Mar 09, 2010
I.Use.the.Blackberry.Storm2. . And.its.the.greatest.phone.ever. .
Surfin.d.net.on.the.wide.screen.is.incredible. .

Anyone.else.using.a.storm2?
Wat.games.and.apps.do.you.have?

And.does.anyone.have.Blackberry.App.World.installed.on.his.phone?
Does.it.work?
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Kommentato(m): 3:44pm On Mar 09, 2010
Hello House,

I have been trying to connect my blackberry bold 9000 to browse on my laptop but it won't just work. I tried tether, did the installation, it's sending data but not receiving. Any suggestion to this. I would be glad if a way out is suggested.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by justkunmi(m): 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2010
I've.tried.tether.too. .
It.does.the.exact.same.thing. I
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by Kommentato(m): 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
[b][/b][color=#550000][/color]Have you been able to download the BB desktop manager, Gosh it takes eternity to download. I don't think I have the patience for it though.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by justkunmi(m): 8:27am On Mar 11, 2010
Didn't have to download. The installation.CD.came.with.the.phone. .as.with.charger.and.headphones. .
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by texazzpete(m): 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2010
justkunmi:

I.Use.the.Blackberry.Storm2. . And.its.the.greatest.phone.ever. .
Surfin.d.net.on.the.wide.screen.is.incredible. .

Anyone.else.using.a.storm2?
Wat.games.and.apps.do.you.have?

And.does.anyone.have.Blackberry.App.World.installed.on.his.phone?
Does.it.work?

To install Appworld, here's a link you can use

Download it http:///AppWorld OTA

You won't be able to see paid apps though, only free ones.

And no offense, but the browsing experience on the Storm 2 series is mediocre.
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by lovinboi(m): 11:35pm On May 02, 2010
i erd u can now browse for free on bb!!! i read it er n NL buh dunno aw far tis is thru coz d guy was even askin for 4k, NL plz comfirm tis ohh,
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-439408.0.html,
Re: The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc by oluwabamis(m): 6:43pm On May 29, 2010
hi guys, has anyone use etisalat bb service. how is their servic e and what is their data limit for the month. Im olanning on switching to them, thanx in adv.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Long Can You Go Without Data On Your Phone? / 8 Acts We Find Most Irritating On Social Media, What’s Yours? / All About Virus,how It Enters The System & How To Know If You Are Infected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.