Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,082 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Death Of Nokia - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Death Of Nokia (2840 Views)

The Present Price Of Nokia Asha 200 And Black Berry Curve 4 As At June 2012 / What Is The Price Of Nokia X2 / Best Collection Of Nokia Themes, Games & Applications Download Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Of Nokia by omicpet(m): 9:20pm On Aug 26, 2011
it has been confirmed that new Nokia devices starting from the n97 to present release( including the n900, x7, c7, n950, n9. n8) and a few to list will die out by 1st month of 2013. this is due to as a result of nokia been sold out to windows and so there fore all Nokia devices running on maemo, meego, symbian 5th and os3 will die out as results of hardware failures and expired certificate, This comes as a big blow for us Nokia fanatics and lovers
Re: Death Of Nokia by N101: 1:01am On Aug 27, 2011
omicpet:

it has been confirmed that new Nokia devices starting from the n97 to present release( including the n900, x7, c7, n950, n9. n8) and a few to list will die out by 1st month of 2013. this is due to as a result of nokia been sold out to windows and so there fore all Nokia devices running on maemo, meego, symbian 5th and os3 will die out as results of hardware failures and expired certificate, This comes as a big blow for us Nokia fanatics and lovers

Source?
Re: Death Of Nokia by Excelboi(m): 2:14am On Aug 27, 2011
Yes source pls.
Re: Death Of Nokia by 4peace(m): 8:43am On Aug 27, 2011
Nokia only outsource symbian to accenture which will begin in 2016(which mean no update).
Re: Death Of Nokia by Mafia4life(m): 1:46pm On Aug 27, 2011
@poster,
You misunderstood everything, U should have named in '' Nokia Re-up''
Nokia is not sold out to Window Mobile, Nokia is dropping Symbian Operating System for Window Z, Nokia is still the best company offering highly effective hardwares such as Batteries, Keypad, Antenna etc, For now ( In Advanced countries like USA, UK ), Symbian, WebOS and Blackberry lost their marketplace,
So understand what u read before posting,
Re: Death Of Nokia by omicpet(m): 11:14pm On Aug 27, 2011
@ mafia am sure u are not getting this clear, nokia is a finnish company i.e from finland and though they have make great phones but unlike the apple and bb and htc that make just normal phone but supports most of the europe and usa service carriers and scream at the top of their voice on each of their release making consumers aware of their phone capabilities and options, nokia dose not give consumers the up down on their mobile hence consumers opt for these phones hence putting nokia in such a huge debt or dont u know dat wen sales record are compared, nokia has gone from been 82% of majority phones been sold to a lil of 43% in just a space of 3 years.
Re: Death Of Nokia by frgy1: 6:21am On Aug 28, 2011
omicpet:

@ mafia am sure u are not getting this clear,  nokia is a finnish company i.e from finland and though they have make great phones but unlike the apple and bb and htc that make just normal phone but supports most of the europe and usa service carriers and scream at the top of their voice on each of their release making consumers aware of their phone capabilities and options, nokia dose not give consumers the up down on their mobile hence consumers opt for these phones hence putting nokia in such a huge debt or dont u know dat wen sales record are compared, nokia has gone from been 82% of majority phones been sold to a lil of 43% in just a space of 3 years.
omicpet:

@ mafia am sure u are not getting this clear,  nokia is a finnish company i.e from finland and though they have make great phones but unlike the apple and bb and htc that make just normal phone but supports most of the europe and usa service carriers and scream at the top of their voice on each of their release making consumers aware of their phone capabilities and options, nokia dose not give consumers the up down on their mobile hence consumers opt for these phones hence putting nokia in such a huge debt or dont u know dat wen sales record are compared, nokia has gone from been 82% of majority phones been sold to a lil of 43% in just a space of 3 years.
Congratulations ! You won the "load of crap" award.
Re: Death Of Nokia by texazzpete(m): 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2011
omicpet:

omicpet:

@ mafia am sure u are not getting this clear, nokia is a finnish company i.e from finland and though they have make great phones but unlike the apple and bb and htc that make just normal phone but supports most of the europe and usa service carriers and scream at the top of their voice on each of their release making consumers aware of their phone capabilities and options, nokia dose not give consumers the up down on their mobile hence consumers opt for these phones hence putting nokia in such a huge debt or dont u know dat wen sales record are compared, nokia has gone from been 82% of majority phones been sold to a lil of 43% in just a space of 3 years.

All you're posted here is a load of crap.
Please go and re-read your sources (slowly this time!) or get someone to translate it for you to your native language so you can understand properly.

I suggest you apologise to @mafia.
Re: Death Of Nokia by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 30, 2011
pls somebody, anybody, should pls close this page and delete it. Its a waste of nairaland resources and nairaland users resources. If i actually knew what was writen in it i would have saved my battery, my data allowance, and typing this reply.
Re: Death Of Nokia by Greenslim: 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2011
Nokia will not die
Re: Death Of Nokia by kcblast(m): 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2011
it's like saying that manchester united or barcelona fc will die by 2013.
Aint that stupid thinking??
Plz,go back and read d crappy source again.
Re: Death Of Nokia by bigsean(m): 4:09pm On Aug 30, 2011
I dont see anything wrong in what @Omicpet has said.
Yes maybe by saying the "death of Nokia" was a little "hyperbolic" but we all should understand what he is saying.
And what he's saying is true. (that is nokia is losing if they haven't already lost the phone battle)
Because u dont know something doesn't mean it is not happening or it's not true, "trust me, what u dont know can really hurt u grin"
Nokia's rapid decline in phone market share is alarming, yes they may actually have the best hardware (in my opinion), but BB, android and Iphone have got nokia eating dust way behind them when it comes to OS platform.
permit me to kindly attach a survey that is atleast 12months old (maybe older) on the profit shares on 8 phones companies and u be the Judge.

Re: Death Of Nokia by bigsean(m): 4:16pm On Aug 30, 2011
For does of us that are not cool with colours, lol.
Nokia is the last blue and it had its profit shares drop from say 60% or over in 2007 to less than 20% in 2010.
All u die hard nokia fans (like me sadly), really don't want to know what that figure is looking like right now (2011).
Even BB is strongly in developed nations like US and UK. Iphone and Android is consuming the market.
Re: Death Of Nokia by aieromon(m): 5:38pm On Aug 30, 2011
Symbian Belle,baby grin
Re: Death Of Nokia by amblors(m): 1:08am On Aug 31, 2011
I don't know anything about fones dying in 2013.
that has gotta b false.
I know Nokia is discountinuing symbian and switching sharply to Windows Mobile
The prototypes are see are pretty but all touch screen
the touchscreen market won't have me buying anything from em unless they have keyboards too.

HTC used to run predominantly Windows Mobile and was pretty successful, not as successful as Apple i think, but still successful.
I just wonder if Nokia would still make lower end devices coz thats were a chunk of their revenues come from.
to my knowledge, Windows Mobile can't run on low end devices.
Maybe they'll stick to smartphones.

Their very Sexy Meego device that ought to be released soon would not be marketed in UK and the US, so it won't spoil market for their Windows Mobile devices despite the huge interest it generated.
So Nokia tried to find alternatives for Symbian,
first used Maemo, and released just one device running the OS.
and then Meego, they've just released one device and its goin to probably be the last.

I don't care much about Nokia again.
planning to switch to Android, but I hear they have battery issues (with em draining pretty fast)
and with fones goin dual core with big screens that would only worsen.

but my next def won't be nokia
Re: Death Of Nokia by N101: 2:25am On Aug 31, 2011
big_sean:

I dont see anything wrong in what @Omicpet has said.
Yes maybe by saying the "death of Nokia" was a little "hyperbolic" but we all should understand what he is saying.
And what he's saying is true. (that is nokia is losing if they haven't already lost the phone battle)
Because u dont know something doesn't mean it is not happening or it's not true, "trust me, what u dont know can really hurt u grin"
Nokia's rapid decline in phone market share is alarming, yes they may actually have the best hardware (in my opinion), but BB, android and Iphone have got nokia eating dust way behind them when it comes to OS platform.
permit me to kindly attach a survey that is atleast 12months old (maybe older) on the profit shares on 8 phones companies and u be the Judge.

Again a lot of what is being said about Nokia seems to be speculation. Is it that hard to cite the source - or a source - this information is coming from?
Re: Death Of Nokia by hyuga(m): 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2011
nokia is upgardin to windows nt diein off, D n700,750 nw runnin on belle and n8,n9 will get upgardes for it soon. Nokia will be runnin symbian and windows to match d customers taste, sure they droped one spot to fall behind samsung this half making iphone and samsung 1st and 2nd respectively, i see nokia coming bk, Watch out
Re: Death Of Nokia by Fbtlodge: 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2011
YEAH!! NEW MONTH GIFT MTN ACTIVATION OF 6MINUITE FREE CALL@
www.Fbtlodge.tk
www.Fbtlodge.tk
only 6minuite!
Re: Death Of Nokia by DAVE5(m): 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2011
at poster u jst killed a whole company wit ur stupenduous mouth abi.u r crazy
Re: Death Of Nokia by bigsean(m): 5:02pm On Sep 01, 2011
U really are living in the past if u think nokia is "all that" (not personal, just facts).
"If u dont know something, thats fine if u admit and try to learn, but when u claim assertiveness, then there's a problem"
Re: Death Of Nokia by DAVE5(m): 6:51pm On Sep 01, 2011
^talkin to me?
Re: Death Of Nokia by 4peace(m): 6:09am On Sep 06, 2011
4peace:

Nokia only outsource symbian to accenture which will begin in 2016(which mean no update).

this my own source
http://press.nokia.com/2011/06/22/nokia-and-accenture-finalize-symbian-software-development-and-support-services-outsourcing-agreement/
Re: Death Of Nokia by 4peace(m): 6:22am On Sep 06, 2011
Re: Death Of Nokia by oyenit(m): 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2011
UP FOR GRAB BRAND NEW BB TOUCH FROM CANADA (ALREADY IN NAIJA) LAGOS
WHITE AND BLACK BB CURVES:- 45000
WHITE AND BLACK BB BOLD:- 60000
RED BB TOUCH:- 70000

FOR MORE INFO CONTACT TOPE

08033439409 OR VIA EMAIL oyenit@yahoo.com or through bb pin:- 2320e93e

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 6 Plus Vs Samsung Galaxy A 7 / Clash Of Clans Universal Unlimited Mod V7.65 APK – Download For Free / HELP!!! My Tecno H5 Is Stuck In A Bootloop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.