Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,664 members, 7,844,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United (387 Views)

Religion Is Ridiculous / Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are / Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2022
Africans are religious and spiritual people by nature. The problem is that abrahamic religions are not of our ancestors which is why there is still a disconnect in these religions. We don't have our own religion (or we don't take it seriously) which is why were so divided. Islam and Christianity have never mixed. I'm not sure what the solution is to this problem. I personally grew up as a Christian and would never convert to Islam. I have since left Christianity cause i could not stand worshipping Jesus

1 Like

Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by LordReed(m): 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2022
NJyoruba12:
Africans are religious and spiritual people by nature. The problem is that abrahamic religions are not of our ancestors which is why there is still a disconnect in these religions. We don't have our own religion (or we don't take it seriously) which is why were so divided. Islam and Christianity have never mixed. I'm not sure what the solution is to this problem. I personally grew up as a Christian and would never convert to Islam. I have since left Christianity cause i could not stand worshipping Jesus

I highly disagree. Africans were well divided way before the advent of Abrahamic religions. I think Africans grew up to be too fiercely tribalistic and had no unifying force either as a person, group of people or even the environment. Look at the history of any of humanity's great civilisations, they were divided and then united behind either a person, a group or against the environment to achieve greatness.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Natbrowny: 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2022
Remove religion from Africa and they will still be disconnected - Tribalism and Ethnicity still dey oooo. Cultural differences among countries, language etc
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Dtruthspeaker: 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2022
NJyoruba12:
Africans are religious and spiritual people by nature.

Like in the 1950's an Igbo man could marry a Yoruba man and there was no tribalism. Abeg have sense.

NJyoruba12:

...I personally grew up as a Christian and would never convert to Islam. I have since left Christianity cause i could not stand worshipping Jesus

You left church going not Christianity. You were never a Christian in the first place.
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Dtruthspeaker: 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2022
LordReed:

I highly disagree. Africans were well divided way before the advent of Abrahamic religions. I think Africans grew up to be too fiercely tribalistic and had no unifying force either as a person, group of people or even the environment. Look at the history of any of humanity's great civilisations, they were divided and then united behind either a person, a group or against the environment to achieve greatness.

Damn! You spoke the Whole Truth today angry
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Like in the 1950's an Igbo man could marry a Yoruba man and there was no tribalism. Abeg have sense.

You left church going not Christianity. You were never a Christian in the first place.

This attitude is why people leave Christianity. How do you think to make that statement?
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Dtruthspeaker: 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2022
Natbrowny:
Remove religion from Africa and they will still be disconnected - Tribalism and Ethnicity still dey oooo. Cultural differences among countries, language etc

Don't forget to add people hating and expecting evil and wickedness from each other righlly and wrongly.
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 29, 2022
LordReed:

Well the division led to slavery and colonization. And it is still going on today. And religion seems to be creating major divide
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Dtruthspeaker: 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2022
NJyoruba12:
[/b]
This attitude is why people leave Christianity. How do you think to make that statement?

There are too many people that should not be in the church. Even some churches should not even be,. So, like Christ, I drive out thieves and liars and fornicators and adulterers and prostitutes and drunkards and smokers and all the people in Romans 1:18-32.

An empty church is better than a stadium full of sinners.

So I drive away sinners from church so I thank you for driving yourself away. Who's next?. grin
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Dtruthspeaker: 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2022
NJyoruba12:

Well the division led to slavery and colonization. And it is still going on today. And religion seems to be creating major divide

Wrong! Man's wickedness to man is what led to slavery.

Long before those white bastards came, people enslaved other people eg your Obas did it.

So it is just a case of man being evil to his fellow man because he could which still continues till the world ends.

And only Christians have been crying out to people to stop being wicked and evil but as usual, you people never listen.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

There are too many people that should not be in the church. Even some churches should not even be,. So, like Christ, I drive out thieves and liars and fornicators and adulterers and prostitutes and drunkards and smokers and all the people in Romans 1:18-32.

An empty church is better than a stadium full of sinners.

So I drive away sinners from church.
Who cares? I already said that I don't worship jesus. The point is that religion has not helped africans unite. Your worship of Jesus is just idolatry to a roman character to me.
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Long before those white bastards came, people enslaved other people eg your Obas did it.

So it is just a case of man being evil to his fellow man because he could which still continues till the world ends.

And only Christians have been crying out to people to stop being wicked and evil but as usual, you people never listen.
You mean the same christians who also took our people as slaves? The ones who are white supremacists and hate arabs and africans? who have bombed other countries?

1 Like

Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Dtruthspeaker: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2022
NJyoruba12:

Who cares? I already said that I don't worship jesus. The point is that religion has not helped africans unite.

The point is that Christianity is the only one trying to stop people from being wicked to each other but you people do not listen.

NJyoruba12:

Your worship of Jesus is just idolatry to a roman character to me.

More cases for God to Judge who is guilty of idolatry. I love the fact that who ever is wrong shall suffer greatly forever. So, The Court will decide!
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by LordReed(m): 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2022
NJyoruba12:

Yeah, religion is just another form of tribes.
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by LordReed(m): 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Damn! You spoke the Whole Truth today angry

LoLz! That's because you think I am anti-religion, I am not. I am anti bad ideas.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Unfortunately, most Christians do not know history or choose to ignore it.
Christianity was created by the Roman state, and the New Testament was Roman propaganda designed to pacify fanatically rebellious Jews.

The Romans dominated a vast polyglot, multicultural, religiously tolerant empire of conquered nations. They adroitly co-opted the gods and customs of subjugated peoples as a means of assimilating enemy tribes under their political hegemony.

Jews, on the other hand, are known to have been fanatically monotheistic, ferociously nationalistic, intensely xenophobic, and fiercely intolerant of paganism. Ancient Judea was a seething hotbed of Jewish fanatics determined to overthrow secular Roman governance and establish an independent state ruled by strict orthodox Judaism. The Jews utterly repudiated Rome’s vision of a religiously tolerant empire. In their view, God’s “chosen people” held “the truth” denied to lesser faiths and tribes.

https://theobjectivestandard.com/2021/04/creating-christ-how-roman-emperors-invented-christianity-by-james-valliant-and-warren-fahy/
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Dtruthspeaker: 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2022
NJyoruba12:

You mean the same christians who also took our people as slaves? The ones who are white supremacists and hate arabs and africans? who have bombed other countries?

Those who took you slaves were not Christians.

The Christians stayed here, fought for our rights and were even murdered fighting for us. That is the story you would not read it is only the popular one you would raise
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2022
The one and only problem mankind has is POLITICS!

Remove politics and see how LOVE, JOY and PEACE will reign globally! smiley

1 Like

Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 29, 2022
I firmly believe rastafari, while not perfect, is actually beneficial to african people

https://religionnews.com/2019/04/17/rastafarianism-promising-freedom-spreads-among-african-youth/
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Dtruthspeaker: 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2022
NJyoruba12:

Unfortunately, most Christians do not know history or choose to ignore it.
Christianity was created by the Roman state, and the New Testament was Roman propaganda designed to pacify fanatically [b]rebellious Jews.

Unfortunately, as soon as most of you hear what you like and wish you swallow it all up

We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter. Denis Diderot

Even your statement "rebellious Jews" would have told you that therefore, the Records of Jesus is coming from proper custody. Thank God you did not say "rebellious ipob or rebellious isis!".

Come to think of it YOU HAVE MOVED POST.
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Dtruthspeaker: 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! That's because you think I am anti-religion, I am not. I am anti bad ideas.

Not True. it is the wickedness and evil.of your half-truths or half-lies (whichever you prefer) that I hate and I challenge.

"Half a truth is often a great lie."
Benjamin Franklin

A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent. William Blake

A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies. Alfred Lord Tennyson
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by LordReed(m): 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Not True. it is the wickedness and evil.of your half-truths or half-lies (whichever you prefer) that I hate and I challenge.

"Half a truth is often a great lie."
Benjamin Franklin

A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent. William Blake

A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies. Alfred Lord Tennyson

You have never been able to point to one place that I lied. LoLz.
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Dtruthspeaker: 5:43pm On Nov 29, 2022
LordReed:

You have never been able to point to one place that I lied. LoLz.

It is uncountable how many times I have said you lie, which you admit by your trying to defend it.
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by LordReed(m): 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

It is uncountable how many times I have said you lie, which you admit by your trying to defend it.

Saying I lied is different to actually pointing out the lie. Point to 1 place that I actually lied not your mere accusation. LoLz.
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Dtruthspeaker: 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2022
LordReed:

Saying I lied is different to actually pointing out the lie. Point to 1 place that I actually lied not your mere accusation. LoLz.

Pointing out your lie is always addressed in our arguments.
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by LordReed(m): 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Link one place you pointed out a lie I made or is it just stories as usual. LoLz.

If you are so confident why the long story? Nairaland has not deleted our posts, it should be relatively easy to find it. LMFAO!
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Dtruthspeaker: 7:17am On Nov 30, 2022
LordReed:

Link one place you pointed out a lie I made or is it just stories as usual. LoLz.

If you are so confident why the long story? Nairaland has not deleted our posts, it should be relatively easy to find it. LMFAO!

Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by LordReed(m): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

LMFAO! No evidence as usual. SMH.
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Dtruthspeaker: 8:29am On Nov 30, 2022
LordReed:

LMFAO! No evidence as usual. SMH.

You must be crazy to think that I would bring our arguments here. But I definitely know that you will lie again evilreed, so till then.
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by LordReed(m): 10:32am On Nov 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You must be crazy to think that I would bring our arguments here. But I definitely know that you will lie again evilreed, so till then.

LMFAO! As soon as you get caught pants down you get angry. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: Religion Is The Reason Africans Are Not United by Dtruthspeaker: 11:19am On Nov 30, 2022
LordReed:

LMFAO! As soon as you get caught pants down you get angry. Bwahahahahaha!

As soon as I am pushed to that which we both know should not be done, I get angry.

(1) (Reply)

The Proper Way To FAST And Pray || MYLES MUNROE (video) / Winning Prayer By David Oyedepo[book Summary & Key Insight] / Headlines Of Testimonies Of Miracles In The Lords Chosen Church (TLCCRM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.