Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,936 members, 7,852,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:17 PM

3 Migrants Spend 11 Days On A Rudder Beneath A 5000km Ship From Nigeria To Spain - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 3 Migrants Spend 11 Days On A Rudder Beneath A 5000km Ship From Nigeria To Spain (836 Views)

Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder / Man Tricks Wife And Kids Into Visiting Nigeria, Dumps Them And Returns To Spain / My Trip To Spain Part 1 | Malaga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Migrants Spend 11 Days On A Rudder Beneath A 5000km Ship From Nigeria To Spain by SReporters: 5:43pm On Nov 29, 2022
Three migrants who stowed away on the rudder of a ship and traveled from Nigeria to the Canary Islands were rescued by the Spanish coastguard after the vessel finished an 11-day cruise.

The three stowaways were spotted perched precariously on the rudder of the oil and chemical tanker Althini II, mere feet above the waterline, however it is unknown if they spent the whole non-stop cruise teetering just over the North Atlantic waves.

The photos released by the ‘coastguards’ of Spain showed the young men who were under the big boat until the 11th night it sailed down the river from Lagos to Spain, their feet barely touching the water.

According to the report, the men seemed to have symptoms of dehydration and hypothermia and Spanish authorities hurriedly transferred them to the hospital for medical attention

https://www.solutionreporters.com/2022/11/29/three-migrants-spend-11-days-on-a-rudder-beneath-a-5000km-ship-from-nigeria-to-spain/

cc.
lalasticlala

Re: 3 Migrants Spend 11 Days On A Rudder Beneath A 5000km Ship From Nigeria To Spain by Urheadmaster(m): 5:43pm On Nov 29, 2022
I blame the Nigeria government for failing the citizens
Re: 3 Migrants Spend 11 Days On A Rudder Beneath A 5000km Ship From Nigeria To Spain by 9jii(m): 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2022
Nigeria is bless but you have to be bless and strong to see it.
I'm bless to be Nigerian in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 3 Migrants Spend 11 Days On A Rudder Beneath A 5000km Ship From Nigeria To Spain by 9jii(m): 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Lazy youth, always looking for who or what to blame
Re: 3 Migrants Spend 11 Days On A Rudder Beneath A 5000km Ship From Nigeria To Spain by FarahAideed: 5:47pm On Nov 29, 2022
They couldn't have been on that rudder the whole trip , I suspect the the were in the rudder bay which is also risky cause one small toss and the rudder hydraulics will crush U
Re: 3 Migrants Spend 11 Days On A Rudder Beneath A 5000km Ship From Nigeria To Spain by MufasaLion: 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2022
Urheadmaster:

If we're to go by this, then all the citizens should have done the same.

You make no sense.
Re: 3 Migrants Spend 11 Days On A Rudder Beneath A 5000km Ship From Nigeria To Spain by realstars: 5:56pm On Nov 29, 2022
They are glad to escape nigeria apc, to spend their time in spanish jail.
Re: 3 Migrants Spend 11 Days On A Rudder Beneath A 5000km Ship From Nigeria To Spain by Tolumiide: 6:01pm On Nov 29, 2022
Now they are in pain
Re: 3 Migrants Spend 11 Days On A Rudder Beneath A 5000km Ship From Nigeria To Spain by doggedfighter(f): 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2022
Were they sitting like that for the whole 11 days ?

These ones looked death in the face for 12 whole days.

They should not be deported, please.

1 Like

Re: 3 Migrants Spend 11 Days On A Rudder Beneath A 5000km Ship From Nigeria To Spain by Osariemen12: 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2022
These are the heroes of the APC government.

Meanwhile, death to all Tinubu's supporters.

1 Like

Re: 3 Migrants Spend 11 Days On A Rudder Beneath A 5000km Ship From Nigeria To Spain by kenny714433(m): 9:46am On Nov 30, 2022
shocked

I remember in my high school days, travel novels about stowaways were always the best and most interesting.

You'll get to smile when you read the chapter that says 'Rescue at Sea'
You’ll definitely cry after all their sufferings and you get to read "Death at Sea"

Some of those men died of extreme hunger, others died of cold. Some were swept by the waves and some actually made it to their destination.

Some of these stories were that of real events like this particular one, the difference is that our stowaways are not writers and can't narrate their ordeals in novels.

Sea adventure is extremely dangerous and very interesting.
In the case of mutiny, pirates attacks, shipwreck, storm, gang up, etc, you’ll get to know that life is interesting and risky.

One day I might consider the stowaway route and I'll tell the real Nigerian stowaway stories.
Ahoy captain, let the ship sail...

(1) (Reply)

14 Medical Students Drown In Boat Cruise Incident In Calabar / Immigrating To Canada Programme / Nairaland Is An International Forum: Your Vote, Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.