Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,868 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

My First Day In School. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My First Day In School. (544 Views)

Girl Draws Her Teacher To Celebrate Her On Women's Day In Jos (Photos) / Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience / Man Visits His Parents' Grave On His Graduation Day In Graduation Outfit(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Day In School. by Nobody: 2:55am On Nov 30, 2022
So yesterday was my first time in higher institution after several years of trying to gain admission.

I located my lecture room and went in,i knew i was older than most students here, and some students will come in bow their head to greet you(at a point i was disappointed at this, the boys know that this one is obviously older than them)i,only shook hands with few guys.

while in the room with the students, my heart bleeds even this midnight as I'm typing this tears came out of my eyes.

i even noticed that even among those from 200l upwards they seem to wanna carry their shoulders up,more like looking down on you if they notice you are a fresher,i know coz i spoke to a couple of them, even with the way some of them look at you,you will know.

I'm 24 years now, already seeing myself as a man,i did not even have interest in making friends with anyone at all yesterday despite speaking with several people,coz i felt really down.I'm not sure,i laugh since yesterday.
Everything seems like a nightmare to me.

i know some people will say, I have pride, reason why i was feeling this way, but pride is very far from me.

I pray God will comfort me.

1 Like

Re: My First Day In School. by PoliteActivist: 3:00am On Nov 30, 2022
Las las you go dey ok. It's like that for evry fresher.
Why some join cult. NEVER YOU DO THAT O!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: My First Day In School. by Nobody: 4:14am On Nov 30, 2022
as you have said you are older and mature,skip the worries and do your do no face them.cheer up.some people are older than you still looking for admission.

4 Likes

Re: My First Day In School. by toyeoye(m): 5:28am On Nov 30, 2022
brightmorningst:
So yesterday was my first time in higher institution after several years of trying to gain admission.

I located my lecture room and went in,i knew i was older than most students here, and some students will come in bow their head to greet you(at a point i was disappointed at this, the boys know that this one is obviously older than them)i,only shook hands with few guys.

while in the room with the students, my heart bleeds even this midnight as I'm typing this tears came out of my eyes.

i even noticed that even among those from 200l upwards they seem to wanna carry their shoulders up,more like looking down on you if they notice you are a fresher,i know coz i spoke to a couple of them, even with the way some of them look at you,you will know.

I'm 24 years now, already seeing myself as a man,i did not even have interest in making friends with anyone at all yesterday despite speaking with several people,coz i felt really down.I'm not sure,i laugh since yesterday.

i know some people will say, I have pride, reason why i was feeling this way, but pride is very far from me.

FOCUS bro, no time for distractions. Don't get carried away by petty issues. Expand your network with the brilliant and other sharp guys, only roll with people you consider are focused and tap knowledge. No dull am!

4 Likes

Re: My First Day In School. by MufasaLion: 5:41am On Nov 30, 2022
Stay focused, you don't need to be down because of negative things. Channel your energy to the main purpose you're there and let your sufferness fuel your zeal for success.

Ace all your classes and aim high always. Age is not a barrier to success.

3 Likes

Re: My First Day In School. by Richy4(m): 6:35am On Nov 30, 2022
<<It is not secondary school where people take first position...
<<It's higher institution...
<<It's an individual race where u are graded based on your performance...
<<So it's up to u to focus on what matters or not..

2 Likes

Re: My First Day In School. by Calvary247(f): 6:49am On Nov 30, 2022
My younger brother got admission in my alma mater at 28 so you have nothing to worry about.

5 Likes

Re: My First Day In School. by Karleb(m): 7:57am On Nov 30, 2022
Give it time.

At the end of the day, those respect will fly away and many of those boys will look older than you before you graduate.

As for your senior colleagues, they'll come around.

3 Likes

Re: My First Day In School. by Mrkindness: 7:58am On Nov 30, 2022
brightmorningst:

study hard and prove them wrong in classes then you will see all wanting to be your friend.

5 Likes

Re: My First Day In School. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2023
brightmorningst:

Re: My First Day In School. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 30, 2023
Re: My First Day In School. by santro55(f): 10:49am On Aug 31, 2023

Starting college after years of trying was tough. Feeling older and less welcomed added to the challenge. Don't be too quick to judge others; sometimes initial impressions aren't accurate. Building connections takes time, so give yourself that. Self-respect isn't pride. You're taking a brave step; things will improve.
Re: My First Day In School. by Danielfalana(m): 11:09am On Aug 31, 2023
Karleb:
Give it time.

At the end of the day, those respect will fly away and many of those boys will look older than you before you graduate.

As for your senior colleagues, they'll come around.
Thats d logic bro

(1) (Reply)

How I Secured A Fully-funded Scholarship Abroad (plus Monthly Stipend) / 2023 Ican Fees For All Students And Members / Gce Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.